Start by marking “P.S. from Paris (US edition)” as Want to Read:
P.S. from Paris (US edition)

P.S. from Paris (US edition)

3.70  ·  Rating details ·  24,259 ratings  ·  1,711 reviews
From Marc Levy, the most-read French author alive today, comes a modern-day love story between a famous actress hiding in Paris and a bestselling writer lying to himself. They knew their friendship was going to be complicated, but love—and the City of Lights—just might find a way.

On the big screen, Mia plays a woman in love. But in real life, she’s an actress in need of a
Published September 1st 2017 by Amazon Crossing (first published February 5th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about P.S. from Paris, please sign up.
Robert Beech "Elle et lui."

"Elle et lui."

C'est le titre complet, mais cette stupide site demande que j'joute des "details" alors j'écris n'importe quoi pour remplir le reste du page.(less)

·  24,259 ratings  ·  1,711 reviews

Pouting Always
Mia is a British actress who runs off to Paris to stay with her best friend after getting fed up of her husband's cheating. Their movie is due to come out soon, and since they're starring together Mia doesn't want to make a public scene of their separation so she changes her appearance and tries to lay low. Paul is an American author who moved to Paris after his first book was published, but since then his books have not been very popular, except for surprisingly in Korea. His friend concerned a ...more
Obsidian
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-2017
I honestly don't feel like reliving what I already wrote in my update besides the fact that I don't know if I would have liked this more in the original French or what. The dialogue seemed off to me and the plots (such as they were) did not seem realistic at all.

The book focuses on two characters. Mia who is an English actress who I guess is famous. And Paul, who is a writer who has become a success in Korea. Yeah you read that right.

I would honestly just say that this book is the literary vers
Diana
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a charming romantic comedy!

I will admit it took me a bit to get into the writing style. (I often wonder how much is lost in translation??). However, it is a short book and I was engrossed before long.

This is the kind of book that puts a smile on your face while reading. I can definitely see this as a movie that I would enjoy watching. A great, light-hearted, short summer read.
Lisa
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A delightful love story set in Paris, where everything is not quite what it seems.

SUMMARY
On the big screen Mia plays a woman in love. But in real life, she’s an famous British actress in need of a break from her real-life cheating husband. She escapes from London to Paris behind a new haircut, and a waitressing job at her best friend Daisy’s, restaurant. Paul is an American author, living quietly in Paris, and doing his best to stay out of the literary spotlight. When Paul’s best friend secretl
Nicole
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book didn't do it for me. It was a Kindle First book, and I'm glad it was free. I didn't like the writing. Like, at all. Perhaps it's better in French? The point of view felt lazy, not omniscient. The dialogue wasn't believable to me, which was unfortunate since the story relied on the heavy dialogue and minimal descriptions. The characters didn't seem like real people and the whole story just felt 'meh.' There was something missing -- I just didn't believe the characters or their stories. ...more
Rebecca
Aug 21, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This looked like a quick read, and turned out to be a very quick read when I decided not to finish it.
Rachel
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely Read

I loved this book. Clean, straightforward writing with an engaging voice. Loved, loved, loved the twist and the ending. There were moments i laughed out loud. This book was "marvelful." : )
Mandy
Apr 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An unashamedly romantic novel from popular French writer Marc Levy. I’ve read quite a few of his love stories and they are all without exception gentle, charming, light and heart-warming, with a very French feel to them, a bit quirky with sparkly dialogue and engaging characters. I suppose overall they don’t amount to very much but I find them really enjoyable and it’s nice on occasion to read something that is no more than it pretends to be – a sweet love story. In this his latest offering, Mia ...more
Fatima
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mia is a British actress who needs a break from her philandering husband and from her fame, so she travels to Paris and lives with her best friend. On the other hand, Paul is a writer whose first novel was a major hit but he just wants to runaway from fame so he ends up living in Paris. Both of them bump into each other and that's when love spreads in the air.
The story is like a normal Bollywood film. Paul is a great character. Anyone who is a writer will love his character. Actually what make
Carla Palmeiro
Sep 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So, Goodreads tells me that Marc Levy is the most-read French author today and I wonder, really!? Contemporary French literature must be in a deep rut because this just won the price for the worst book I’ve read the entire year!! Fortunately, rarely do I encounter such weak writing and storytelling. This is quintessential light reading with a strong emphasis on the light part!

His writing skills and storytelling did remind me of a once famous writer in my native country; Margarida Rebelo Pinto, o
Jenny (Reading Envy)
This is an interesting romance novel because the author is male (!) and it is translated from the French(!) It was in my Kindle backlog and I went looking for romance. I would say it was fine, but not great. Because of the order of the story, and the weird tendency for both main characters to mutter under their breath, and some repetition, it wasn't as good as I was hoping. But it was light and easy just the same, and it's not often we have male romance authors, so I had to give it a try.
Middlemist Red
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
‘Elle et Lui’ is a lovely romantic comedy that I can picture exactly as a great movie, if anybody would look into it and decide to have a new go at this Author.
I had never read Marc Levy but obviously knew him by name. This is an author who sells a lot of books every year, and one of the French authors the most “profitable”.
This book contains some very funny passages, misunderstandings, and dialogues with cute puns. Sure, it's not great literature, but it is such an easy and enjoyable read that
Gigi
Aug 03, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF.

The writing is stilted and I didn't feel drawn to the characters, probably because they were all quite flat and one-dimensional.
Dee Arr
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-comedy
Over the years, I have found that books that promise to be funny or a “comedy” seldom live up to the hype. While I am not sure why I took a chance with author Marc Levy’s “P.S. from Paris,” I have to say that it was not a disappointment. Here’s why:

CHARACTERS – Mia is an actress, caught between her career and the actions of her philandering husband. Her life is one that pulls her in directions she doesn’t always want to go, and she struggles with the feelings that she begins to feel for Paul. Pa
Furrawn
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Actress. Omelet. Writer. San Francisco. Opera. Paris. Caricaturist. Bench. Grocery list. Translator. Grocery list again. Joy. Fear. Airplane.

You know the way a books is sometimes a perfect balance of what you want in a book right at that moment? I wanted a light and playful yet deep and thoughtful book. Those books are difficult to find. This book was everything I hoped and wanted it to be!

Nada EL Shabrawy
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, english
Sweet, beautiful, and funny romance.
Eleele57 Kon-amonlain
romantic
Grace
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was my first time using Kindle First. The idea behind the story was intriguing, but the execution was lacking in my opinion. I'm not sure if this book was translated from French, so that might be part of the problem. But ultimately it came down to the characters, both of which I had trouble connecting with. I liked how they first met but never understood how they weren't honest to each other, their friends, or themselves.

I liked the book more once they arrived in Korea and where th
Ellen Trautner
I read this while on vacation, and it's definitely that kind of book. An improbable love story that will most likely be adapted into a romantic comedy starring Kristen Bell and her husband who I know is also famous but I can't remember his name.

Easy read, with a mostly predictable plot but still fun. Two things annoyed me: the super famous, beautiful, rich actress sulking about her life and going on a dating website (pretending to be her friend, a French chef) and meeting a great guy within seco
Maria Carmo
What an adorable way of meeting some of our favorite characters of Marc Levy again after several years! How close one can feel to these characters, these stories that entwine themselves and lead us by the hand in a mounting thrill, until the end which, apparently, is never quite final (remember how his first book with Lauren and Arthur "If only it were true" (where Paul was Arthur's best friend) was followed, years later, by "Finding You" - the meeting of Lauren and Arthur again...
This time - an
Lindsay Nixon
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was holding strong at a solid 3-stars. My entire review was going to be something like "another sweet chick lit story of 2 people who unexpectedly fall in love."

UNTIL I reached 75% 😳😳😳

It was a twist you cannot see coming and breathes excitement into the story. It's a bit like being served vanilla ice cream for the 20th time, which is perfectly fine and enjoyable... hard to get wrong... and you're settled in with that... and then your friend drizzled balsamic vinegar on it and you thi
Linda Zagon
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MY REVIEW OF "P.S. FROM PARIS' by MARC LEVY

I love the scenic descriptions of Paris  in "P.S. From Paris " by Marc Levy. The author creates amazing artistic impressions that I can only visualize. The Opera House, the streets, the hotels, the stores, the cafes, and the Restaurants and the scenic water. I can also taste the food that sounds so delicious. Paris truly sounds like an enchanting place to be.

The genres  of this story are Fiction and Romance. The timeline is set in the present. The setti
Lida
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes I am tempted to change the rating of a book when there is a satisfying ending. While this book ends happily, there are many parts of the story that are far-fetched. Who gets on a plane to Seoul with a handbag and some toiletries with 45 minutes to spare? Who would continue to conceal their professional identity even when they have fallen in love? What friend would set up a dating profile for another and set them up on a blind date under the pretense of a business meeting?

The author, M
Gabriela
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this romantic comedy, the first book I read by Levy and it seems his latest book too. I read it in French and it was a pleasure discovering the author's style and ways of portraying his characters. Looking forward to read his other novels. I recommend this to be read in French if possible, the language is hilarious.
Janay Brazier
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, I loved this. Someone get me to Paris ASAP! It's just a lovely read with a real classic romance feel, but tied wth the modern ways, such as internet dating. I loved the characters and I'm actually really annoyed with myself that I've had this book waiting on my kindle for months and I've only just read it. It was beautiful. The writing is spot on and I know this is one that I'll be recommending to my friends who love a romantic read.
Ceecee
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, I was in the market for something a bit lighter than my usual genre and Marc Levy did not let me down. I’ve read 3 of his books so far and liked all of them. This was charming, funny with two good twists and with likeable characters. What’s not to love? The translation was good as far as we know 🤣(joke. You’ll have to read the book to understand. But seriously it was good). The main characters were Mia a British actress and Paul, an American writer from SF but relocated to Paris. Mia was m ...more
Mahoghani 23
This story is funny, romantic and full of drama. It takes place in three different areas in the world without losing the interest of the reader. Two people from very different backgrounds meet through the underhanded methods of Paul's friend. What starts off as strange develops into two people learning over again how to be friends and support one another before love steps in and blinds them. The author makes the main character a writer with a few quirks that soon becomes inescapable until Mia, a ...more
Courtney Stuart

I'm going to be upfront and personal here. I am a dyed in the wool Francophile. I get giddy at all things French. Anything to do with France and I'm pretty well sold on the concept. I follow bloggers from France, I buy photography books with photos from France, I dream of the day I can visit the country and I even own salt and pepper shaking in the form of the Eiffel Tower. (Yes, I really do and they are glorious.) So to learn that Marc Levy is a French writer who has written a romance novel tha
Kathy
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just another poor selection on my part when Amazon grants the prime members a free monthly book. I do not believe I have ever managed to select one I could bear reading. Back to the library for me.
Dec 19, 2017 edit:
I felt like giving this book another try since I had owned it since Aug 2017 and the year is coming to a close.
Yes, it is a romance and somewhat comic and had more merit than I originally gave it credit for. I am glad I went back to read again as it did amuse me. There were some reali
Ann Werner
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A departure from my usual fare, P.S. from Paris was just what I needed to get away from real life for a while and revisit some of the locales of Paris. The story was fun, the characters engaging and there were quite a few laughs.

The thing I found most surprising about the book was that although it's a bit of fluff fiction (and I don't mean that as an insult; sometimes we need fluff), once you get to the last part of the story, there is a serious message embedded in it. I liked that. It takes a
Goodreads Librari...: Language French 2 114 Jan 04, 2016 12:25PM

• Ocean of Storms
  • Playing House (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #5)
  • Failing Paris
  • Love Built to Last (Fireflies #1)
  • Out of Sorts
  • Becoming Marta
  • Historias de Roma
  • Mrs. Saint and the Defectives
  • Searching for Billy Shakespeare
  • One Hundred Christmas Proposals (100 Proposals #2)
  • Cash Out
  • About the Night
Marc Levy was born in France. When he turned eighteen, he joined the Red Cross, where he spent the next six years. In 1983, he created a computer graphics company based in France and the United States. Six years later, he co-founded an interior design and planning company with two friends; the company soon became one of the leading architecture firms in France.

At thirty-seven, Marc Levy wrote a st
“One day, I’m going to live in theory, because in theory everything goes perfectly . .” 8 likes
“Novels should reflect reality to some extent, otherwise they risk being sentimental.” 7 likes