Start by marking “Fooled” as Want to Read:
Fooled

Fooled

Anyone who's ever tried to find love will appreciate Tali Nay's latest memoir--equal parts humor and heartbreak--about navigating the dating world in search of The One. Using her own romantic relationships (The Cowboy, The Quarterback, The Writer, etc.) as vehicles to illustrate the ups, downs, and spectacular failures surely familiar to us all, Fooled reminds us that love ...more
Published February 11th 2017 by Corner Chapter Press

To ask other readers questions about Fooled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fooled

Tom Southworth
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For this reader, the publication of Fooled makes it a Triple Crown for the author. As in her two previous works, Schooled and Jeweled, she under promises and over delivers. Yes, some might ask “what is so special about her love life” that would make someone want to read about it? For me, though, this book isn’t merely about her trials and tribulations but, rather, of ours as well.

Despite a clear age difference and generation gap (not to mention a difference in chromosomes), I can identify with w
Jasmyn
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Laugh out loud funny in some parts, heartbreaking in others, this memoir about finding love is beautiful and perfect for reading on Valentine's Day (which I did...). I loved the in-between parts when the author would quote from her survey and then add some musings on love and what we all look for in The One we love. And then of course the stories, all those wonderful stories. She is a gifted writer and it made me think a lot about my own life and love. Great book, Tali!
Amber Spencer
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was sure I knew exactly how I’d rate this book....but I loved it more than I thought. This book is a great look at love and loss, how we find love and looking for The One. Tali does a great job pulling from her personal experiences and helping the reader reflect on their own. Another wonderful read!
Syrena
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great chapter in the life of small town girl meets the many characters of real-world dating...and the many laugh out loud, head shaking relatable moments along the way. Ever the optimist still seeking her diamond in the rough. The things we do for love...
Dan-o
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My wife and I read this book out loud together. In many ways, we rode the emotional dating roller coaster through the ups and down of the author's relationships. It was interesting that the content of stories the author shared turned out to be less important (because I was neither there nor knew the individuals involved) than how they related to our own prior dating experiences and perspectives on love. The insights from Ms. Nay's informal survey into people's views of dating, relationships, and ...more
Lisa
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautifully written memoir about the struggles we all experience to find love. Funny, heart warming accounts of the author's past relationships will have you rooting for her (and all of us) to find The One.
Mary Perkins
Kealy
Aug 31, 2018
Christine Guyot
Feb 26, 2017
Tali Nay always wanted to be a fiction writer and was thus surprised when "real life" is what came out when she actually sat down to write something substantial. Tali studied writing in college, and then—entirely by accident—found herself working in business. She went on to earn an MBA, although recently left Corporate America in order to pursue her dream of becoming a gemologist. After a stint in ...more