Start by marking “Whispers In The Wind” as Want to Read:
Whispers In The Wind

Whispers In The Wind

I was in love with Drayton Clay.

Dray was my everything, the boy that grew into an amazing man.

The day that he proposed to me, was not only the most wonderful day of my life but the most tragic as well. I died that night with him.

Maison Keller walked into my life and flipped it on its axis. He didn’t teach me how to live, but he showed me that there was more to live for.
Published March 1st 2017 by S. M. Stryker

To ask other readers questions about Whispers In The Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whispers In The Wind

Start your review of Whispers In The Wind
Bloggers From Down Under
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** Review by Kylie from Bloggers From Down Under **

When it comes to reading books, I'm a sucker for a good old love story mixed with just the right amount of mystery. It's fair to say that I may have just stumbled upon the perfect book.

Callie and Drayton are high school sweethearts destined to spend the rest of their lives together. But that is torn away from them one fateful night.

Learning to love again was never on the cards for Callie, but when her new client Maison enters her life, love
Romi || Romi Reads
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have very mixed thoughts on Whispers in the Wind. On the one hand I thought Stryker wrote a very original romance story, full of twists and turns that I didn’t see coming at all. I really came to love the characters. On the other hand I thought the characters were a bit unrealistic in some ways. Callie is quite unlucky when it comes to love, but also very lucky at the same time. She’s had three loves in total in this book and they all fell head over heels for her within seconds. The men are ...more
Phylis Carpenter
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One you start this book you will be captivated from the beginning to the end. I just could not put it down. The book had twists and turns and kept you hanging on the edge of your seat wondering what would happen next.

This is one of those books that if you write too much you might give some important things away so let me just tell you this. The characters in the book come to life and they seem so real. Callie is a tough and amazing woman who has been dealt some really tough blows in her life but
Kathryn Synoracki
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful story, well written and from the heart! This book covers, young love, tragedy, sacrifice, healing, beginning again and forever love! The characters in this book are so well rounded that you feel their pain and happiness! The end may be a surprise to many, but I knew this was the only way it could end! I highly recommend this book!
Jane Elizabeth
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Whispers in the Wind is absolutely an amazing story.
Callie is a high school freshman, and a nerdy book worm. She wants to go to college, but needs a scholarship to manage it.
Drayton , even as a freshman, was athletically built and gorgeous. He was the quarterback of their winning foot ball team, and was basically allowed to skate through every class without studying, until Callie motivated him to do better. Drayton and Callie were best friends, and more, through their high school years, and
Paula Genereau
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I was sad for Callie that she lost someone she loved so soon. It has been a few years after that she meets Maison Keller. They become business partners and soon began dating and get engaged. There's something that happens and it sends her running. That's when she meets Kai. He's what she's been missing in life There are secrets and things that happen but which one does she choose?

Loved this book it's amazing
Angela
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Like all books from S.M Stryker, I could not put it down! The roller coaster of emotions she takes you on is what I love in books. I had tears streaming down my face before chapter 5. There were several twists that I did not expect and I found a smile on my face or once again tears streaming down. I am so excited for the 2nd book in this series. If you have not read any books from S.M Stryker yet, you are definitely missing out!!!!!
Allie
Whispers In The Wind by S.M. Stryker is the first in a series. I really struggled with getting into this book. There were some parts that I really like about it and some other parts that frustrated me. I knew when I read the description that the beginning of this book was going to be a tear jerker (I was right!). I usually avoid books that I know are going to make me cry but I decided that I was going to read it. The beginning was truly heartbreaking. I was in literal tears over the beginning. ...more
Teri
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OK I am not sure what I was expecting but I wasn't ready for this story mainly because I didn't read the blurb fully. I found myself tearing up, holding my breath one minute and fanning myself the next. This isn't just a romance it is a complicated mix of romance, suspense, intrigue, violence on one hand and dealing with loss and abuse and neglect on the other. Callie is for lack of a better word a mess when her world comes tumbling down and she well, she gets a bitter and sweet taste of life. ...more
Kylie
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Meka L. Rascoe
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't even know how to feel about this one. Callie and Drayton--what a beautiful love they shared only to have it ripped away! Then she meets Mason, and it was like instant chemistry from the first time they met! If only these two could have caught a break though! It was over before it practically began! If only Mason had been upfront with Callie about his past from the beginning! Those darn "What ifs!" Oh, my heart is shattered! Poor Mason! I can't even fathom what it's like having to walk ...more
Christine Jordan
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Kathy Burris
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this complimentary copy of the book from the author via Varacous Readers.
This book had me hooked, a definate page turner. It made me cry, smile, laugh, want to shake someone and has me screaming NO.
Starts out with Callie, the high school nerd who falls in love with the jock, but things don't go as planned and even though life has dealt some hard times, Callie deals.
Can't wait to read more books by S. M.
Stryker.
Amanda Lane
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book from the very beginning grabs your attention and really pulls at your heart strings. It's a love story with some heartache and mystery/suspense all included. I found myself having to stop reading to keep from having tears streaming down my face at work. And then there were parts where I just couldn't put it down because of the anticipation of what was next. I'd definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves a good love story.
Sara dill
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had received this book from voracious readers and have to admit at first I was hesitant to read this book. Typically Romance is not my go to gender but I was pleasantly surprised while reading this I enjoyed the dynamics of the relationships I do wish there was more development with the thriller aspect to the plot-line and I found some wording awkward but I’m new to the romance genre so maybe that’s just me. Overall I would recommend this book who enjoy who romance as a genre to read!
Karen
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Has you on an emotional roller coaster, in the end i loved whispers in the wind. I found the beginning a little slow then boom i was hooked. Callie goes thru alot of emotional pain ,loss,love and growth. This was my first novel by s.m stryker and i will be reading more as i like her writing style and her characters

* complimentary copy of the book from the author via Voracious Readers Only *
Andrea Tunnah-Jeffery
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
B. Mardell
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I acquired this book as a complimentary copy from the author via Voracious Readers Only. This book is extremely well written and heartbreakingly beautiful. It's a wonderful romance with so many twists and turns in it. And the main female characters growth through the book was beautiful. If you want a beautiful book that pulls you in from the get go, I highly recommend this one.
Tina Billings
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book from Voracious Readers for a fair and honest review.

I'm not much for romance novels but I enjoyed this one. The main character was endearing and her relationships were interesting. I enjoyed the plot twists at the end, even though I saw one of them coming the other was, Wow!!

Will be adding this author to my must read more list.
Mandy Foley
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg I couldn’t put this book down once I started reading, the characters drew me in and wouldn’t let me go, I laughed and cried with Callie, I felt her pain and her joy, this book is captivating, I can’t wait to read more.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author via voracious readers only for a review.
Amanda Cole
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ugly cry!! Defiantly be prepared for an emotional roller coaster. It’s what I call an “ugly cry” but you will want to cry just to keep up with the storyline. This is my first book by this author, but I will defiantly keep my eyes open for others. Author shows a lot of potential.
Karen
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author via Voracious Readers. I have to say I Loved loved loved this book. A love story that had me crying and wanting to find that same man in life. A tragedy that opened up a love like no other.
Kelly Burgess
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a sucker for a romance this has it all loveable main character twists and turns u really feel for her overall I loved this book and will be reading more of this authors books as this was great.
Kristen Draper
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great book! Kept me on the edge of my seat and rooting for love!!
Nikki Degroff
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well written, great story line. Enjoyed the characters.
Definitely a good read!
Alexis
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an emotional, twisty-turny, unforgettable book!! The ugly cries, the romance, the suspense...this book has everything! I couldn't put it down, you won't be able to either!
Anne
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully crafted live story with twists and turns that will keep you wanting more.
Deanna Walker
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, favorites
In exchange honest of review...

Omg!!! What a beautifully written story to tell...I absolutely loved every pages of that book!!

I definitely will read more books on e-book for free hopefully..
Pam
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It has so many feels..young love, heartbreak, danger & mystery, to finding new love and happiness. Wonderful start to a series and I'm excited for the journey.
DLV
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a Complimentary copy of this book from Voracious Readers Only.
I Enjoyed this book!!
The story is a Romance with
some suspense.

• Collecting Secrets (Friends & Lovers, #1)
  • Whispers In The Wind: Callie and Kai's Story (Then There Was You Book 1)
  • The Untold Tale (The Accidental Turn, #1)
  • Splintered Courage
  • Larimar: Gem of the Sea
  • The Verona Exchange: a Rainee Allen mystery
  • Joe Coffin, Season One
  • Beautifully Broken Life (Sutter Lake, #2)
  • Once Upon A Night
  • Remorseless (Doc Powers & D.I. Carver Investigate, #1)
  • Clio at War
  • Catching the Last Tram
  • Death in Trout Fork: Ryn Lowell Colorado Mysteries
  • Hard Pressed (Talbott’s Cove, #2)
  • Gloom Rising (The Book Wielder Saga, #1)
  • Ghost Walk (Lacey Fitzpatrick and Sam Firecloud #1)
  • Secrets of Willow House (Sandy Cove, #1)
  • A Really Bad Idea
An Oregon native and Amazon international best-selling author, SM Stryker started writing as a way to explore the aspects of the human condition. Her stories take you on a personal journey in which her characters learn something about themselves, weaving true love stories about people destined to be together.

SM. Stryker is the dirty alter ego of a quietly introverted mortgage broker behind the