Start by marking “One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)

One Fell Sweep

(Innkeeper Chronicles #3)

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  17,896 ratings  ·  1,499 reviews
Length: 10 hrs and 40 mins

Dina DeMille may run the nicest Bed and Breakfast in Red Deer, Texas, but she caters to a very particular kind of guest...the kind that no one on Earth is supposed to know about. Guests like a former intergalactic tyrant with an impressive bounty on her head, the Lord Marshal of a powerful vampire clan, and a displaced-and-superhot werewolf; so
Audible Audio, Unabridged, 11 pages
Published February 14th 2017 by Nancy Yost Literary Agency (first published December 20th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about One Fell Sweep, please sign up.
PreePree I have tried waiting. I was even reading other books to help me get my mind off this one, but I caved and read it and now Im suffering because I am…moreI have tried waiting. I was even reading other books to help me get my mind off this one, but I caved and read it and now Im suffering because I am sooooo impatient!! Lol(less)
Linzi They always publish the book and audiobook once it's all finished and re-edited

·  17,896 ratings  ·  1,499 reviews

Start your review of One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Fear My Mighty Stick Buddy Rerererereread (FMMSBR) with the IA Addicts

Previous rating: 8 stars.
New rating: 8.5 stars. That’s inflation for you.

And the moral of this rerereread is: Wing + Sunset + fart guns + Helen + Olasard + Orro + okarian nifrook + Cookie + Muckrats + unassuming Shih Tzus + Sebastien North + bacon =

Oh, and by the way:
We do not let our enemies win. We claw their hearts out and devour them.”

Book 1: Clean Sweep
Book 2: Sweep in Peace
Book 4: Sweep of the Blade

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
*chants* Ilona Andrews . . . Ilona Andrews . . . Ilona Andrews . . .

I always enjoy going back and reading the full installment of the latest edition of INNKEEPER CHRONICLES when it's made available. When you read a serialized novel, you can sometimes forget the key details you pick up along the way. And you can't really appreciate the way things come together when you're reading them piecemeal.

That's one of the remarkable things about this series: it's all made up on the fly. Sure, the Andrews
Aisling Zena

I.. can't.. resist...

Chapter 1
Off to a banging start!

Chapter 2
Going off planet! Woohoo!!

Chapter 2 Part 2 and 3

Stocking up!

Chapter 6
Anne
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dina & Gang are all back for another fun adventure at the Gertrude Hunt Inn!

description

The beauty of this one is that while Dina is the main character, the ensemble cast is what makes this series worth reading. This time around, Sean, Arland, Orro, Caldenia, and Dina's adorable dog, Beast, are joined by newcomers, Maud & Helen. <--Dina's older sister and niece.

description

Between all of them, they should be able to save the day from a tribe of mercenary aliens on a mission to wipe out some of Dina's guests
Melanie
1.) Clean Sweep
2.) Sweep in Peace

Everything IA touches turns to gold, and this series is no exception. The Innkeeper Chronicles feel so cozy, yet are so action packed and have so much swoon-worthy romance. IA somehow weaves a story with the perfect balance of mystery, filled with high-tense situations, with all these unique concepts, and makes it feel like home. I can't recommend this series, or this writing duo, enough.

This series is written in weekly installments that IA posts for free. I,
Robin (Bridge Four)
Sale Alert 12/30/17: Amazon Daily Deal $1.99

Welcome to Gertrude Hunt where the walls and floor can move, physics as we know it is just a guideline, the Chef on staff looks like a huge hedgehog, an intergalactic war criminal is taking an extended stay and just about anyone or anything can show up at any time.

description

The Innkeeper Chronicles is the online serial from Ilona Andrews. The best part about the ebook version of this, besides being tortured having to wait for the weekly installments to come in,
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
4.5 stars. Final review, first posted at Fantasy Literature:

description

Note: This review contains some spoilers for the two earlier books in the INNKEEPER CHRONICLES series.

As One Fell Sweep (2016) begins, Dina DeMille, the Innkeeper of the Gertrude Hunt Inn, a secret way-stop on Earth for galactic visitors, is recuperating from the life-and-death peace summit that her inn hosted in Sweep in Peace. She’s also just beginning to pick up her relationship with Sean, the werewolf warrior, when a reptilian
carol.
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the Andrews
First, sincere thanks to the Andrews for making this available for free as an on-line weekly serial. That was very kind and generous, as they could undoubtedly make actual large dollars. It's a full, complicated story, the third installment in the Innkeeper series about a woman who runs an interstellar inn/sanctuary. Opening with a rescue, it quickly moves on to new external conflicts all while protecting the Inn from official notice, particularly the involvement of local Officer Marais.

Think
Corina
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
One Fell Sweep was AMAZING!!!

It was the third novel in the Innkeeper Chronicles.

I should know by now that Ilona Andrews does NOT disappoint. Even so book 1 and 2 were slow in build up, Ilona Andrew books always get BETTER with each additional book. One Fell Sweep was the best example.

I felt a bid like the Inn. The more guests aka characters were introduced the happier I felt.

One Fell Sweep had an amazing cast of characters, old and new. Family, friends, and allies all converged at Gertrude
Bradley
This is the culmination of so much slow burn, the romantic explosion we've all been waiting for in the duo's hybrid SF/Fantasy galactic intrigue Bed and Breakfast series. :)

It's taken so long! Well, two books... to get here! Sigh.

First of all, I have no issues with regurgitated UF themes in this one. In fact, I had a great time following a rather complicated weave of plots that do a lot to dive into the characters, a lot of their histories and, of course, the blowout ending that I very much
1st Read - Jan-October 2016 (Read-along with the weekly serial)
2nd Read - December 2016 (finished ebook)
3rd Read - November 2017
4th Read - May 2019

Full Review

This series just gets better and better, I love reading along with the weekly instalments as they're published on Ilona Andrews' website but what I love even more is getting my hands on the final version and seeing how much extra depth has been added to the story and the relationships between the characters.

Dina and Gertrude Hunt are
Angela
I usually end up having read this story three to four times by the time I finish it on release day - it's because Ilona Andrews publishes these stories as a serialized novel, online, for free, first. And there's something incredibly gratifying about reading a new installment every week. But, for me, it's eminently more satisfying to read it in its entirety, published.

Something that I never consciously noticed before was that Ilona Andrews purposefully writes the online version to be PG rating -
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Ilona Andrews made this available on their website for free in weekly installments until its published on December 20th. I held out until all of it was complete because I'm not a patient person.

In the third book of the series, Gertrude Hunt has to call on a favor with Arland and Sean to go and save her sister and niece on a distant planet. Fortunately this doesn't take up too much of the book, and they are back at the Inn for a new intergalactic war between these weird creatures I already forgot
Phrynne
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished reading this as an online series for free but that won't stop me buying the book when it comes out! This is such a fun series from a really talented team of authors, and it is one I will certainly reread in the future.
This particular episode takes place almost entirely at the inn which is a magic place of course. The world building is magical itself and very, very entertaining. There's lots of danger, some anxious moments, humour, many very engaging characters and a little romance.
Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf)
I'm going to take a minute to appreciate just how FREAKING good this husband and wife author duo are. Seriously, when these two sit in front of their computer or however they get the words down, MAGIC happens. One Fell Sweep is the third instalment of the Innkeeper Chronicles, and in my opinion, the best of the lot. I'm not sure how they manage to keep getting better and better, book after book... But somehow it just happens. After this series and the Kate Daniels series, which I recently ...more
Fafa's Book Corner
Review posted on Fafa's Book Corner!

Beware spoilers ahead!

Trigger Warning: Mention of war, death, and mention of annihilating a species.

Despite being a tad disappointed inSweep in PeaceI was still looking forward to readingOne Fell Sweep.I am happy to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it!

It's been a few days since Sean and Dina went to the movies together. Gertrude Hunt has become quite. Sean and Dina are attempting to form a relationship. At night Dina senses a presence. It turns out to be Sean.
Marianne
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Update: I finally got my hands on the updated and expanded audio version of One Fell Sweep. Renee Raudman did an excellent job, as always. She - and the authorlords - have convinced me to add the missing, fifth star to my rating. I loved the additional material; Lord Soren's sudden interest in genetics and last, but not least; the added scene between Dina and her wolf. If you've read the complete novel you'll know which scene I'm referring to;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~

Epilogue:

I can't believe it's
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I love Ilona Andrews and everything that they do, and One Fell Sweep kept me interested with twists, turns, big surprises, and even some heat.

To be honest, I wish I had re-read the previous books before jumping into One Fell Sweep, but I had read a few duds in a row and I wanted a guaranteed winner. I was actually a bit lost for a few chapters, but once I got into it, I was hooked.

Ilona Andrews always means a good time and heavy excitement, and I wasn't disappointed. I'm still completely in
Nafeeza
Drop whatever you are reading b*tches, it is IA time! Buddy Reading with my lovelies over @ Ilona Andrews Addict.
Maria Dimitrova
Old rating: 5 stars
New rating: A billion stars

I don't think there are enough words in the world to properly express my love for this book. I acted like a child on Christmas morning while listening to the audio (great job to the amazing Renee Raudman!) despite already knowing how it will go. From the start one would assume it's an action dominated story and this part contains one of my favourite scenes in the series so far: (view spoiler). But it soon
Cathy
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
I first read this as an online serial on Ilona Andrews' website, which took most of 2016. This is the first re-read of the finished book, published the usual way.

I had fun reading the weekly bits and agonizing over them with my reading buddies. However, reading a finished book in one go is a more cohesive affair. It runs smoother, you can read as long as you want, no waiting for the next gripping bit. Also more editing and small improvements on various details. Plus a maturer rating.

Good fun, I
Emma
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars..
As a committed Grimdark fan, this book comes as some light relief. It's a story where people pull together, love each other and win the day, all wrapped up in time for Christmas. But as a committed Grimdark fan, this is also what prevents it from getting a higher score!

I really enjoyed it- routed for all the characters, enjoyed the sci Fi vibe and generally had a good time, but got a little bored towards the end...
Beth
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My only complaint is I want more!!
Kat
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-1
In this conclusion to the Innkeeper Chronicles, we get to meet more of Dinah’s family! Her sister and niece come to stay at the inn because of unfortunate circumstances, and finally we have the trio of Arden, Sean and Dinah together, as the love triangle begins to get off the ground. I loved the character of Dinah’s niece, and Dinah’s sister as well. Ilona Andrews always writes kick butt female characters, and I love the way she is such a great vampire society member, and also innkeeper. This ...more
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

This book was so much fun to read! I look forward to every new Ilona Andrews book that I can get my hands on. I think it is amazing that this book was written as a serial novel and available to read on their website for free. They don't have to do that but they do just because they really are that nice. I didn't read the book as a serial because I know that I am the kind of reader that wants to sit down and read the whole book at once but I
Wanda
March 2019 Re-Read

When life is getting me down, I turn to Ilona Andrews. I powered through the Hidden Legacy series and still needed an infusion of light-hearted fun and fantasy. Enter the Innkeeper Chronicles. I debated long and hard before I sank my cash into these volumes, but I’m so glad that I did. There’s nothing like Dina, Caldenia, Sean, and Arland to make me smile and feel better. I am so relating to Dina missing her parents right now—my mother’s last sibling passed away at the end of
Jaela
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I feel like I've been reading this forever. I'm so glad it's over. Unfortunately, I have to say that this was my least favorite IA book. I've said so many things through my status updates while reading it and now there's no much to say. I had imagined the things were going to develop differently. My expectations were high. I didn't like the whole Marland thing, but OK. Sean is good, too.

This book was full of action, which left little to character and relationship development. It didn't grow
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
I read this book over time and maybe that's the problem. It was interesting at times, boring the others. But I think what sealed my rating was how rushed the ending was. The last few chapters came out of nowhere and too neatly tied everything up. I may listen to audio when it comes out. That could change my rating.
Mei
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf
I’m sorry we will not see any more books with Dina and her Inn!!!

I loved all the book and, as in the other IA books, with each book the danger escalates and things get more and more complicated! And this one is not an exception!

I adore Dina’s dry humor !!! Here she's thinking about Arland's reaction when he sees Maud, Dina's siter, for the first time!
Yes, the princess you (Arland) were expecting put on her armor and left to kill the dragon. So sorry.

And shall we contemplate chef Orro’s view
Melindam
Dear Traveller! Welcome to the lovely Gertrude Hunt Inn B&B, in the town of Red Deer, Texas.
A perfect place to rest and relax, where your every need will be catered to by your caring Innkeeper, Dina Demille. Walk around the lovely, shady orchard; sit on the porch; sip a glass of lemonade in company of the gentle, aristocratic lady, permanent resident of the Inn & most wanted, killer tyrant of the universe (addicted to FunYun and YelloMello) and taste the unparallelled gastronomic

• Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • Curran POV Collection
  • Vision in Silver (The Others, #3)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Written in Red (The Others, #1)
  • Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)
  • Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • Night Stalker (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #2)
  • Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4)
  • Pathfinder's Way (The Broken Lands, #1)
  • Shadow Hunter (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #1)
  • Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5; Mercy Thompson World - Complete, #15)
  • Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2)
  • Dark Dancer (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #3)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson, #10)
  • Lake Silence (The World of the Others, #1; The Others, #6)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a better ...more

Innkeeper Chronicles (4 books)
  • Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1)
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
“Yes, the princess you were expecting put on her armor and left to kill the dragon. So sorry.” 27 likes
“The problem with all men, and werewolves in particular, was their odd perspective. Sean viewed the gash across his ribs as a scratch. I viewed it as an open wound made by a monomolecular blade able to cut through the werewolf armor and contaminate his body with extraterrestrial microorganisms and possibly poison. We agreed to meet somewhere in the middle. He allowed me to sterilize and seal the wound, and I promised to stop threatening to restrain him.” 15 likes