Start by marking “Blink” as Want to Read:
Blink

Blink

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  11,415 ratings  ·  993 reviews
What if the person you love most in the world was in terrible danger ... because of you?

Three years ago, Toni's five-year-old daughter Evie disappeared after leaving school. The police have never been able to find her. There were no witnesses, no CCTV, no trace.

But Toni believes her daughter is alive. And as she begins to silently piece together her memories, the full s
Published February 16th 2017 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Blink, please sign up.
Linda I believe it will be there now. I found it in Lakeway Library, Austin Tx

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Blink
Maureen
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4.5 STARS*

'Blink' grabbed me right away with this opening sentence "You don't know this, but I watch you, I watch you a lot" It was clear that there would be a chill factor throughout, that 'shivers down your back' kind of feeling.

Toni Cotter and her five year old daughter Evie, have recently moved to Nottingham in the north of England, to be nearer Toni's mum. It's to be a fresh start after the tragic death of Toni's husband in Afghanistan.

Naturally she is having a hard time adjusting to life
Deanna
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

3.5 Stars

This is my first read from K.L. Slater and after reading the description of BLINK, I thought it sounded like a book I would enjoy.

I was right. The book pulled me in right from the start.

PRESENT DAY

A patient is in what appears to be a vegetative state. The doctors and nurses don't realize that she can hear everything around her. She's hoping this is the day they will notice something that will make them see that
Mary Beth
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blink had just about everything that I could wish for in a
psychological suspense thriller. This has been on my shelf for awhile now and I can't believe that I waited so long to read it. It has brilliantly gripping suspense. I couldn't put it down. It was like a roller coaster ride. Some of those twists just made my jaw drop.

When Toni's life has fallen apart she tries to rebuild it. She has lost her husband and tries so hard to get over it. Nothing seems to go right for her. Her daughter disappe
Linda
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know that game that people play?

The one in which you have to guess which cup the tiny ball is under. The cups move back and forth and all around on the table. It's called a sleight of hand and twist of fate. That's exactly what's happening here.

Toni Cotter and her five year old daughter, Evie, are tempting that fate by starting over. What they've left behind are the tragic memories of a young husband who died too soon after returning home from a freak accident in Afghanistan. Toni can barely
Zoeytron
Copy furnished by Net Galley for the price of a review.

Too many obvious "red herrings" spoiled this pot o'fish for me. Once upon a time, red herrings were slyly introduced into a storyline. The ones within these pages smack you upside your head like badly thrown fish at Seattle's Pike Place Fish Market.

Giving three stars for its readability and for one assumption I made early on that did not pan out. Also I loved the delivery of flowers (view spoiler)
Susanne  Strong
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars.

Blink is a quick, fast-paced, easy read that captures your attention immediately and won’t let go till the very last sentence.

Toni Cotter had it all – a loving husband and a beautiful little girl named Evie. But that life didn’t last. Her husband, Andrew got called back to Afghanistan and he died in an accident, causing her carefree life to go up in flames. Unable to care for her daughter on her own, she and Evie move closer to her mum as they are in need of a fresh start. There, five y
Dash fan
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easily a 10 star review!
I couldn't put this book down.
I was hooked from the very first chapter.
Blink is, gripping, Exciting, keeps you in suspense, actually plays mind games there is so many goose bump moments and exciting twists.
It's a physiological suspense thriller that doesn't disappoint.

I'm not often speechless when it comes to reviewing books but if I sum this book up then I may give too much away.
I seriously don't want to do that as I plead  with you to read it!

Briefly.... Evie is a 5
Angela Marsons
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well...I finished this book last night and now feel able to write my review. I had been dying to read this second psychological thriller by this author following her first, Safe With Me, which I positively devoured. Without giving too much away I enjoyed this even more which I didn't think was possible. The book had me from the very first sentence and kept hold of me until I finished it. The author expertly lined up suspects and scenarios throughout the book, sending me in one direction and then ...more
Sue
BLINK by K.L. Slater is the authors second psychological thriller. The book is set in Nottinghamshire. I loved her debut thriller, Safe With Me”, and I couldn’t wait to read this novel. I was not disappointed…I loved it.

“A gripping psychological thriller with a killer twist you’ll never forget.”

The story opens with a women in a medical centre who has suffered a stroke currently on a respirator, in a vegetative state as she cannot speak or move. But she is very much alive…a prisoner in a corpse
Sue
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Blink.

5/5

This had me hook line and sinker.

I always take note of Titles and book covers and this sure told a great story.

It's a Mums worse nightmare. Your child going missing.
I've read lots of stories of children being taken, blaming the parents because they allowed them to swim in the pool, walk to the shop only three doors away, play in they're own back garden.

just what was the Mother thinking not keeping an eye on them! <\b>

This story wasn't what happened. Not in any of those instances menti
Joey R.
3.0 stars— I have been wanting to read K.L. Slater, so what better time to do this than when I’m sitting at home bored out of my mind. “Blink” seemed like a logical place to start as I have heard nothing but good things about it since its release. “Blink” is told from multiple perspectives and follows the life of Toni, a newly widowed mother who has had a very difficult time adjusting to the loss of her husband. The story is told in both the present and three years prior to the incident and cove ...more
Linda Strong
Tori lost her husband in an accident that took place in Afghanistan. She moved into a home closer to her mum. Tori's 5-year-old daughter was still dealing with her father's death and then she had to adapt to a new home, a new school, making new friends.

Tori hasn't handled things as well as she should have. Having to still take sedatives 2 years after her husband's death is hiding from the pain ... not learning to live with it.

Three years ago, her daughter disappeared. Tori was late picking her u
 Li'l Owl
Wait wait wait. WHAT?? That was not just a twist. That, my friends, had so many 'twists' it resembled a tangled up Slinky!

As if this didn't make me feel like I was
paralyzed, unable to breath on my own, in the first place, then BAM! Slinky time! And that was only the beginning of playtime with Slinky!

Blink 'A Psychological Thriller with a Killer Twist You'll Never Forget'

That's a title that's dead on!! Just brilliant!

I already own two other books by K.L. Slater, Liar and Safe With Me. And tha
Liz
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
A wonderful preface to this book, which just grabbed me. It's a wonderful description. When something awful happens, what truly is the worst of the moments that follow?

Then the book backs up and leads you through a young widow’s story. Having lost her husband from an incident in Afghanistan, she moves to Nottingham to be closer to her mother. After a very promising beginning, the book seemed very leaden. The narrative shifts between the time of the move and the present day, after her daughter h
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
Oh dear. I much preferred 'Safe With Me ', the first book I read by K L Slater. That was a book that swept me along in its current.

Blink is very different. The premise is great, the execution not so wonderful, and the promotional blurb tells lies.

The journey was okay. It was a reasonable read but I have issues, particularly with the ending, which I can't discuss without giving away vital spoilers. All in all, I was disappointed. 2.5☆

Thank you to Bookouture via Netgalley for providing a digital
Jan
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, suspense

Not sure if you caught the fact that this a twist in this book? (Insert heavy sarcasm here)
The publisher didn't even leave it up to the reader to point out in their review. Nope-they felt they needed to add it right there next to the title where it will smack you in the face. You know-just in case you might miss it...

This is part of the reason for the lower rating. Anytime a publisher alerts me to what's coming, I'm on high alert and therefore already thinking of every scenario possible
Sharon
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three years ago, Toni's five year old daughter Evie went missing after leaving school. The hunt was on for Evie, but with no CCTV footage, no clues and no witnesses the police are unable to find little Evie.

Toni believes her daughter is still alive, but getting anyone to believe her will be more than difficult as she lays in a hospital bed unable to communicate with anyone. Toni knows she must find a way of being heard or her daughter may never be found.

I just love psychological thrillers that
Nazanin
Apr 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, mystery, thriller
3 Stars

This book is about a young widow, Toni, who her husband has died in a special operation in Afghanistan. Now she has moved to another city to be near her mother. She has financial troubles and she uses her dead husband’s pills as a sedative. Some time later her five-year-old daughter, Evie, gone missing. This story has been told in multiple POV and contains two parts. The first part is more than half of the book and it was really flat. I mean it wasn’t a little bit exciting even! You are j
Gary
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another satisfying read from author KL Slater. A fast paced psychological thriller that draws the reader in and ties them up in knots with superb twists and turns.
This novel features Toni whose five-year-old daughter Evie disappeared after leaving school three years ago. The police have never been able to find her. There were no witnesses, no CCTV, no trace.
Toni is convinced her daughter is still alive and she is determined to find out the truth.
I would like to thank Net Galley and Bookouture f
Louise Wilson
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
K.L.Slater had me gripped from the start of this, her second psychological thriller. The story flips back and forwards from 3 years ago to the present day.

Toni has moved back closer to her Mum after the death of her husband, so she can help her look after Toni's daughter, Evie, who is 5 years old. But then Evie disappears after leaving school and with no trace or CCTV evidence, the police struggle to find her.

Another tense read from the author. With a few twists along the way, make this edge of
Amy
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All of my reviews can be found on www.novelgossip.com

I’m starting to think Slater’s books need to come with a warning label: Do not start reading this unless you’re prepared to sacrifice sleep and be so consumed that nothing will take your attention from it until you’ve turned the last page. I read this on Valentine’s Day and my poor husband fell asleep while waiting for me to finish reading haha whoops!

I loved Slater’s debut, Safe With Me and I can safely say that I loved Blink even more! I al
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
A great fast paced novel that will grab you early on and keep you keen until the end. Not too heavy and not too light, just right.

The story is written with moments of shock and minor clues sewn in as you go. Clues. Things to retain for later when you try to piece it together. A child is taken, a mother is blamed for being late and therefore irresponsible. Lives change in one day from one degree of pain to horrific pain that won't show mercy.

There are plenty of messed up characters in this book,
Sherri Thacker
Wow. This is an excellent thriller and I’m still processing what just happened. Every time I thought I had an “inkling” of who did what, nope, I was all wrong!! I could not put this book down and highly recommend to all who love a psychological thriller with lots of twists in it, all the way till the end.
Virginie *No more time to write reviews for the moment :( *
Beware: in this story, you won't trust anyone!

I have to admit that, over the years, I got tired of missing child stories, but this one had some elements that kept me enthralled.

Although the ending was a bit far-fetched, I enjoyed every minute of this fast read. It was perfect for my solo evening!
Carolyn
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, netgalley, mystery
Blink - that's what the woman lying in a hospital ward in a coma is trying to do. She needs to tell them she is still alive inside her unresponsive body before her life support is turned off. Memories are coming back to her, memories that she desperately needs to tell someone.

Three years earlier Toni Cotter and her five year old daughter Evie moved to her mother's town hoping to make a fresh start after the sudden death of her husband fighting in Afghanistan. With a new job, Evie unhappy at a ne
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
Told in alternating timelines, Blink is the story of a five year old girl who is abducted while her mother is barely holding it together as it is. Blink alternates between the present time, where Evie is missing, and three years prior, which reflect the events leading up to the kidnapping.

What happened to Evie and who took her? Read to find out, and make sure to trust no one...

I loved Blink! This was my first K.L. Slater book and now I can't wait to read her other novel, Safe With Me! Blink was
Lisa
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wont lie with Blink by KL Slater I was struggling in the beginning as I found it difficult to follow, until the author brought in the character of Harriet Watson, then it just exploded I absolutely loved it from then on, could not stop reading it was so absorbing even though some characters drove me mad including Toni in the beginning but by the end she just got stronger & stronger with her child taken away for 3 years.

I wont give too much away , lets just say there was a excellent twist at th
Pat
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It could have been so much better. It was on track to be a four star read. All the elements were there - unreliable narrator, numerous suspects, things going bump in the night and other unexplained phenomena and a fair amount of pretty well done misdirection as the narrative moves between the past and the present.

Toni moves with her five year old daughter, Evie, to be closer to her mother after her husband is killed in Afghanistan. But Toni is still grieving and pops the occasional pill (or two)
Nicki
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW,What a corker of a book,gripping story,believable untrustworthy characters and not just one but two totally jaw dropping unexpected twists.oh and the title is just ingenious,once you have read the book then you will understand what I mean.

This engrossing tale is told in chapters that alternate between the present day and three years before until the two time frames converge towards the end of the book.The chapters are narrated by Toni cotter who is the mother of five year old Evie and Harrie
Petra
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, thriller, uk
To be honest, I wasn't expecting too much from this because I've been getting a little tired of the 'child gone missing' trope. But this was great! Going back and forth between "the present" and "three years ago", and told from multiple perspectives, this is the story of a struggling widow who is trying to have a fresh start with her 5-year-old daughter. A new school, a new house, closer to Grandma, a new part-time job... until one day, she is late picking up her daughter from school.
Loved the

• Deny Me
  • The Man She Married
  • In Her Eyes
  • Deceive Me
  • Right Behind You (DCI Tom Douglas, #9)
  • The Empty Nest
  • The Stranger's Wife (Detective Dan Riley, #3)
Kim is the million-copy bestselling author of twelve psychological crime thrillers. THE APARTMENT, will be published in -April 2020 by Thomas and Mercer and is now available for pre-order.

Kim's titles are also published by Bookouture, Audible and are available in paperback by Sphere in the UK and Grand Central in the USA.

For many years, Kim sent her work out to literary agents and collected an im

News & Interviews

“You don't always know how you're going to react to a sudden tragedy breaking your life into little pieces.” 2 likes
“like Evie’s nice round pink heart had been ironed flat. So it felt like a grey pancake hanging inside her chest. It was really hard to make the adults understand it all, so Evie decided it was better to just stay quiet. Today, when they’d got home from school and Evie had been upset, Mummy had looked at her as if she was disappointed, somehow.” 0 likes