Start by marking “Purge City (Prof Croft, #3)” as Want to Read:
Purge City (Prof Croft, #3)

Purge City

(Prof Croft #3)

If you can't stand the heat...

When New York City unveils a program to roast supernaturals, I wonder if I should be sweating.

The bloodthirsty Arnaud thinks so, and he’s insisting that our survival depends on a wizard-vampire alliance. Never mind his history of wanting me dead. Or undead.

Meanwhile, the mayor wants me on his team—an offer that’s only slightly less unnerving gi
Published February 13th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Purge City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Purge City

Start your review of Purge City (Prof Croft, #3)
Gergana
Yep, not the best series out there, but still entertaining and full of surprises.

I am starting to think Prof Croft is far better than I give it credit for. The third book has an awesome plot twist towards the end, the action scenes are epic and Croft is quite interesting...most of the time. Plus, the series managed to get me out of my year long reading slump!

Nevertheless, I do have some serious issue with the ending of this book. (view spoiler) ...more
Nervous Nellie Justice
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reviewed
C. E. Stokes
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved the first book. The second lost me a little because I didn't get the relationship between Croft and Caroline. It felt forced. The rest of book two was good. It entertained me to pick up Purge City.

Good enough that I picked up book three. While it wasn't as good as book one, there was plenty of action and betrayal to keep me reading-even if at times it felt over the top. Still a fun read, even though I'll probably never go back and reread the series. I like Vega, her partnership with Cro
Kat Lebo
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Purge City, Prof Croft, Book #3
by Brad Magnarella

This 3rd in the series novel certainly has enough action for all you thrill-seekers out there. As Croft continues his investigation into his mother's death, tries to patch up his relationship with Det. Vega, and mourns the loss of Caroline to the Fae realms, he is also caught up in political ramifications with the City, the werewolves and the vampires, plus, of course, being on the bad side of the Order.

Pacing and plotting were
Elizabeth Meadows
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series made my short list of books to read this week.

Everson Croft lives on the edge. Hiding his identity as a wizard, barely following guidelines prescribed by the Order, he has problems maintaining relationships. Detective Vega, Caroline and Lady Bastet have problems with his ethics and willingness to sacrifice himself rather than trust his friends. Purge City, book 3 of Brad Magnarella's Professor Croft series is action packed, leaving just enough mystery unsolved to coax us through the
Diane Diorio
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Double and triple secret agents

So everyone is trying to use prof Croft to their own end going back to LB’s and seeing how his mother died being used by the mayor and the vampires doesn’t bode well but.....don’t want to rune such a great plot of turns and twists life and deaths so I’ll just say a definite read make sure you have the time to read it all at once if you can really hard to put down
Jaime Jeffrey
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series

Professor Croft kinda fills the void that Harry Dresden, left behind. I went into the 1st book already thinking it was probably gonna be lame. The only problem I have w/ this series, is how short the books are. This book was short, as well. I went into this book, already anticipating certain things that turned out to be right. These books are a lil more predictable than Harry Dresden but they still come w/ a good story.
Richard W Lindsey
May 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Abit Confusing

I have been enjoying the Proft Croft series immensely, till this last book. I felt it was very hard to follow, especially in the beginning of the book. I don't know if it was the Editing or lack of, but I had a Very hard time finishing the book. I'm hoping that the next book goes back the the form that I was reading in a day or two not having to force myself to finish.
GP
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another strong story for Professor Croft

I must admit, Croft manages to be an idiot about many things but we're all about the deus ex machina that gets him out. This time, Croft gets suckered into politics and... boy is he not ready. A fast paced book with some very good white knuckle moments before the (too rapid) denouement. Still an excellent example of the urban fantasy genre and well worth reading
Frank Bertino
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who Can I Really Trust?

Croft is a pawn in a giant chess game. All be it a powerful resourceful pawn. The vampires play him, the mayor plays him, the werewolves play him, as well as dark wizards, fae, and the Order. I like the non stop action, humor and romance. Is it over with Caroline, or is there a possibility? What about Vega? I look forward to the next book.
Ms J Linney
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
The magic prof is back

Prof Croft, teacher magician and consultant once again finds himself up the odds, juggling his Post at uni whilst battling Politics, werewolves and vampires. He's also searching for his mothers killer, when his only lead is murdered, now its personal. Waiting on book 4 with anticipation.
Lee Willie
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series

This is a fantastic urban fantasy series and I have read 3 Prof Croft novels and the 3 Blue Wolf novels, which crossover occasionally. Great cast of characters and well written I highly recommend it.
Bennah
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Prof Croft is on the run

Who do you trust when everyone is a monster? Prof Croft has to figure that out while running for his life. This story was good. Definitely action packed and sets up for future plots nicely. Narrator is great
John Colley
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
A bit hectic

I like books that give you space to breathe and work things through. This didn't it was action all the way. That said I will still be getting the next. I personally preferred book 2.
Panos Panagiotidis
Wow really liked this one. A lot of questions gets answered.
Jcad6169
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series!!!
Joanne
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love love this series. Stays true to his first book! He doesn't compare to Dresden....Dresden stopped being a PI after a while. Prof Crof stays in his field.
Lyn Pilkington
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

These books just get better and better! I'm seriously considering not sleeping tonight!
I really should tho, three books devoured in one day!
Allen Scott
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book.

Well written and enertaining. Much like a Harry Potter and Supernatural cross-breed. Looking forward to finishing series. Will be sad when done.
Darlene Copeland
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another winner!

Book 4 was as delightful as the first 3 books in the series. I can’t wait to read Book 5!
Suzie
So when's the next one due out? Can't wait...enough said.
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
still enjoying the series enough to move on to the next book
Diana
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am throughly enjoying The Prof Crof series. If you love Jim Butcher, you will love this series.
Cindy
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Throughly enjoyed this story of a mage and his trials and tribulations and the trouble he gets into. Never a dull moment. Fun and easy read.
Jeff
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Incredible! !!

Loved this book. So many different super naturals and just a great story from beginning till end. I can't wait to read the next one!
Caryl Moulder
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I binged read this entire series back to back. Good characters, stories and plots
Sharon Harradine
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book

Loads of action, with twists and turns galore, and just a touch of death and destruction. Found it hard to put down, can’t wait to start the next one.
Lance Coleman
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent

This book was great. Couldn't put it down, already wanting the next book. Love where the story is headed. Til next time
Giriniss
Apr 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Lame and boring. Another one of those - Lets kill em all - puurge books. :/

• Evolution (The Divine, #5)
  • Bloody Acquisitions (Fred, the Vampire Accountant, #3)
  • Evil Spark (Dark Magic Enforcer #2)
  • Dead Ground (Harbinger P.I., #4)
  • The Demon Accords Compendium, Volume 2: Stories from the Demons Accords Universe
  • Savage Prophet (Yancy Lazarus #4)
  • First Sight (The Rune Sight Chronicles #1)
  • Rogue's Pawn (Covenant of Thorns, #1)
  • Wild Side (The Temple Chronicles, #7)
  • Heaven's Door (Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter #6)

Prof Croft (7 books)
  • Demon Moon (Prof Croft, #1)
  • Blood Deal (Prof Croft, #2)
  • Death Mage (Prof Croft, #4)
  • Power Game (Prof Croft Book 6)
  • Black Luck (Prof Croft, #5)
  • Druid Bond (Prof Croft Book #7)
“To my right, a graying vampire with a lean undertaker’s face made a noise of interest. He looked like a creature who lured children into alleyways with promises of candy, then stared, smiling, into their dimming eyes as he strangled the life from them. His cheeks began to dimple. I” 0 likes