Start by marking “Purge City (Prof Croft, #3)” as Want to Read:
Purge City (Prof Croft, #3)

Purge City

(Prof Croft #3)

If you can't stand the heat...

When New York City unveils a program to roast supernaturals, I wonder if I should be sweating.

The bloodthirsty Arnaud thinks so, and he’s insisting that our survival depends on a wizard-vampire alliance. Never mind his history of wanting me dead. Or undead.

Meanwhile, the mayor wants me on his team—an offer that’s only slightly less unner
Published February 13th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Purge City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Purge City

Start your review of Purge City (Prof Croft, #3)
Gergana
Yep, not the best series out there, but still entertaining and full of surprises.

I am starting to think Prof Croft is far better than I give it credit for. The third book has an awesome plot twist towards the end, the action scenes are epic and Croft is quite interesting...most of the time. Plus, the series managed to get me out of my year long reading slump!

Nevertheless, I do have some serious issue with the ending of this book. (view spoiler)
Nervous Nellie Justice
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reviewed
C.E. Stokes
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved the first book. The second lost me a little because I didn't get the relationship between Croft and Caroline. It felt forced. The rest of book two was good. It entertained me to pick up Purge City.

Good enough that I picked up book three. While it wasn't as good as book one, there was plenty of action and betrayal to keep me reading-even if at times it felt over the top. Still a fun read, even though I'll probably never go back and reread the series. I like Vega, her partnership with Cro
Kat Lebo
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Purge City, Prof Croft, Book #3
by Brad Magnarella

This 3rd in the series novel certainly has enough action for all you thrill-seekers out there. As Croft continues his investigation into his mother's death, tries to patch up his relationship with Det. Vega, and mourns the loss of Caroline to the Fae realms, he is also caught up in political ramifications with the City, the werewolves and the vampires, plus, of course, being on the bad side of the Order.

Pacing and plotting were hectic, but very g
Donna
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars
Croft's life is becoming increasingly complicated as he is more or less strong-armed by the mayor into eradicating the city's magical population (only the evil ones, of course) Everyone has an agenda. The mayor wants to increase his chances of winning the next election. Caroline is working for the fae. Arnoud has a duplicitous plot to protect the vampires. The werewolves are hiding in plain sight.

Croft still is seeking the answer to his mother's death and enlists the aid of the psychi
Elizabeth Meadows
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series made my short list of books to read this week.

Everson Croft lives on the edge. Hiding his identity as a wizard, barely following guidelines prescribed by the Order, he has problems maintaining relationships. Detective Vega, Caroline and Lady Bastet have problems with his ethics and willingness to sacrifice himself rather than trust his friends. Purge City, book 3 of Brad Magnarella's Professor Croft series is action packed, leaving just enough mystery unsolved to coax us through the
Richard W Lindsey
May 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Abit Confusing

I have been enjoying the Proft Croft series immensely, till this last book. I felt it was very hard to follow, especially in the beginning of the book. I don't know if it was the Editing or lack of, but I had a Very hard time finishing the book. I'm hoping that the next book goes back the the form that I was reading in a day or two not having to force myself to finish.
Diane Diorio
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Double and triple secret agents

So everyone is trying to use prof Croft to their own end going back to LB’s and seeing how his mother died being used by the mayor and the vampires doesn’t bode well but.....don’t want to rune such a great plot of turns and twists life and deaths so I’ll just say a definite read make sure you have the time to read it all at once if you can really hard to put down
GP
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another strong story for Professor Croft

I must admit, Croft manages to be an idiot about many things but we're all about the deus ex machina that gets him out. This time, Croft gets suckered into politics and... boy is he not ready. A fast paced book with some very good white knuckle moments before the (too rapid) denouement. Still an excellent example of the urban fantasy genre and well worth reading
Jaime Jeffrey
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series

Professor Croft kinda fills the void that Harry Dresden, left behind. I went into the 1st book already thinking it was probably gonna be lame. The only problem I have w/ this series, is how short the books are. This book was short, as well. I went into this book, already anticipating certain things that turned out to be right. These books are a lil more predictable than Harry Dresden but they still come w/ a good story.
Ms J Linney
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
The magic prof is back

Prof Croft, teacher magician and consultant once again finds himself up the odds, juggling his Post at uni whilst battling Politics, werewolves and vampires. He's also searching for his mothers killer, when his only lead is murdered, now its personal. Waiting on book 4 with anticipation.
Frank Bertino
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who Can I Really Trust?

Croft is a pawn in a giant chess game. All be it a powerful resourceful pawn. The vampires play him, the mayor plays him, the werewolves play him, as well as dark wizards, fae, and the Order. I like the non stop action, humor and romance. Is it over with Caroline, or is there a possibility? What about Vega? I look forward to the next book.
Tameka
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Robin Siota Breeding
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Losses

This was another good story from Prof Croft. Lots of action and plot twists. Sometimes the Prof makes odd choices but more often he’s flying by the seat of his pants. We learn a little more about his background and are kept wondering who the good guys are. I look forward to the next book in the series.
John Colley
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
A bit hectic

I like books that give you space to breathe and work things through. This didn't it was action all the way. That said I will still be getting the next. I personally preferred book 2.
Lee Willie
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series

This is a fantastic urban fantasy series and I have read 3 Prof Croft novels and the 3 Blue Wolf novels, which crossover occasionally. Great cast of characters and well written I highly recommend it.
Bennah
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Prof Croft is on the run

Who do you trust when everyone is a monster? Prof Croft has to figure that out while running for his life. This story was good. Definitely action packed and sets up for future plots nicely. Narrator is great
Todd
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The mayor needs to move up in the polls. So he decides to start an Eradicates squad. Their job will be to destroy the supernatural that are plaguing the city. He's got a perfect choice to head up the task force, Everson Croft. What could go wrong?
Rene Averett
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
what a ride...

More than a page turner, this book yanked me through from beginning to end. It's tense, exciting, and wonderfully crafted. I'm becoming quite a fan of this Professor Croft. Excellent job in taking the reader through the underworld on New York.
Lance Coleman
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent

This book was great. Couldn't put it down, already wanting the next book. Love where the story is headed. Til next time
Cindy
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Throughly enjoyed this story of a mage and his trials and tribulations and the trouble he gets into. Never a dull moment. Fun and easy read.
Allen Scott
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book.

Well written and enertaining. Much like a Harry Potter and Supernatural cross-breed. Looking forward to finishing series. Will be sad when done.
Suzie
So when's the next one due out? Can't wait...enough said.
Diana
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am throughly enjoying The Prof Crof series. If you love Jim Butcher, you will love this series.
Jeff
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Incredible! !!

Loved this book. So many different super naturals and just a great story from beginning till end. I can't wait to read the next one!
Janet Swiftbird
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vampire horses

Wow what a read. The storyline keeps getting better and better with each book.
Follow Everson as he leads battles and kicks tush.
Jcad6169
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series!!!
Caryl Moulder
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I binged read this entire series back to back. Good characters, stories and plots
Dena
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
audio
Phiip J
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great magic fiction

Very good magic read and it's a immersing series . Great vampires and werewolves and the prof has a very interesting background and family

• Druid's Due (Colin McCool, #8)
  • Druid Apprentice (Colin McCool #9)
  • The Golem (Montague & Strong Case Files #10)
  • Druid Vengeance (Colin McCool #7)
  • Silver Clouds Dirty Sky (Montague & Strong Case Files #4)
  • Druid Mystic (Colin McCool #10)
  • Reaping Wind (Montague & Strong Case Files #9)
  • Full Moon Howl (Montague & Strong Case Files #2)
  • Bullets & Blades (Montague & Strong Case Files #7)
  • Blood is Thicker (Montague & Strong Case Files #3)
  • Moonlight Druid (Colin McCool #3)
  • Druid Enforcer (Colin McCool #6)
  • Tombyards & Butterflies (Montague & Strong Case Files #1)
  • Dragons & Demigods (Montague & Strong Case Files #6)
  • Druid Justice (Colin McCool #5)
  • Graveyard Druid (Colin McCool #2)
  • Hell Hath No Fury (Montague & Strong Case Files #8)
  • Homecoming (Montague & Strong Case Files #5)
Brad Magnarella writes urban fantasy for the same reason most read it - to explore worlds where vampires and shifters walk city streets, magic crackles from fingertips, and the faerie realm is only a wish, curse, or seductive kiss away. It's shamelessly fun.

A child of the '80s, Brad enjoyed a steady diet of comic books, D&D, epic fantasy, and Stephen King, which conditioned his young mind for the

Prof Croft (8 books)
  • Demon Moon (Prof Croft, #1)
  • Blood Deal (Prof Croft, #2)
  • Death Mage (Prof Croft, #4)
  • Black Luck (Prof Croft #5)
  • Power Game (Prof Croft #6)
  • Druid Bond (Prof Croft #7)
  • Night Rune (Prof Croft #8)