Start by marking “The Possibility Principle: How Quantum Physics Can Improve the Way You Think, Live, and Love” as Want to Read:

When faced with challenges and difficulties, it's easy to feel trapped--by our circumstances, our personal history and conditioning, and our daily struggle to change. But what if we could escape these trappings? With The Possibility Principle, Mel Schwartz emerges as one of the first psychotherapists to distill the basic premises of quantum theory into an empowering and pr ...more
Published August 31st 2017 by Sounds True

To ask other readers questions about The Possibility Principle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Possibility Principle

Ehsan'Shokraie'
May 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Alright..so im connected in mny unravelled nd importamt ways to the universe,im a part of it yes,an agile retroactive part of huge importance..so wht?
Ok im not sufferin alone anymore,i just suffee with millions more,does that make me feel better? NO
Its like u get cancer,they tell u dont be sad,here s a room full of people with cancer,with whom u r quantumly connected!
Do i truely give a ****? No..
Cuz im gomna die anyway .
Let me paint u a picture, imagin u r diying or u r depressrd or somebody jus
Bob Figueroa
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to get an advanced copy of this book. I love to read books that open my eyes to a new way of thinking. This did more than that!

This book has enabled me to completely re-envision my relationship with myself and with others. As I take in the author's suggestions, I find my self-worth increasing as well as my confidence. I'm also able to communicate consciously and powerfully.

The Possibility Principle suggests that most of our problems come from how we view reality. That may
Julia
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Sorry, I thought this was an interesting read, based on the topic, but it felt pretty much like a revision of things I already knew (science and psychology).

Thank you to the publishers for providing an ARC of this book through NetGalley.
A Reader
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: psychology
A couple of weeks ago while browsing on NetGalley I came across The Possibility Principle: How Quantum Physics Can Improve the Way You Think, Live, and Love by Mel Schwartz.

I became intrigued by this title. Is there a relevance between quantum mechanics and psychotherapy? And how quantum mechanics can help us reach our full potential? I felt there was something interesting there. I asked for it and I spend the next two days reading it. It totally surprised me.

After a panic attack the psychothera
Malcolm Ivey
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I'm a sucker for self-improvement books. This amazing thesis on interconnectedness, quantum theory, and overcoming the stagnant habitual mind is the perfect manual for living.
David Gold
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
At first I was concerned that the "science" part of this book would be a reach for me. It was no problem and very accessible. This book offers so much that I haven't read anywhere else. I can't begin to speak off all the benefits I've derived. Most important for me though was learning to get past fear and anxiety and pave a new path in my life. I'm on my way!
Claire
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down the day i started reading it. I believe every entrepreneur or reader should check this one out!
Jess Macallan
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspiration
I received an e-copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I initially requested this book because the description intrigued me. The author's writing style is thoughtful, eloquent, and intellectual. I appreciate the use of metaphors, such as when he refers to wave collapses and how a person can make use of that moment for personal growth. This book is not about Law of Attraction teachings but rather focuses on our ability to change our views and release attachments to the s
Jill
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways, own
I won this book in a giveaway. The title intrigued me so I tried to win it. I've read many non-fiction books on this topic so some of the advice and suggestions were not new. Having never studied any type of physics but being a geek, I wondered about the quantum physics connection. I enjoyed learning about quantum physics in the book. It is a geeky subject but presented in a way that is easy to understand. I always take notes when I read a non-fiction and there weren't too many ideas that were n ...more
Francis Shaw
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the premise of this book. We haven't made the big leaps in many areas of our lives in line with the revelations quantum theories have provided over the last hundred years. The book didn't build on the premise for me. I understand the author is a therapist, but the constant referencing to his experiences with clients doesn't take this book forwards and could have been eliminated. I didn't feel the author built on the premise. I was left wanting more and it felt more like a 'how to be go ...more
Kerry Pickens
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
I received an ARC from Goodreads to review. This author is very eloquent in his explanations as to the relationships between scientific theory and the failure of this system to overcome despair and anxiety. However, it was not new information to me. A mechanistic view of life is the problem with the healthcare system, and finding ways to relax and enjoy life varies for everyone. Some people enjoy going to a football game with 100,000 other people, and some people relax by playing video games, an ...more
Carrie
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the kindle addition. Then felt I needed the hard copy to allow me to find my highlights easier. I have been on a spree of learning about the mind, quantum physics, and relationships. This was complimentary to all the other books I have been reading and absorbing.

He has many fantastic, practical tips in the book. Not just case examples, but explanations to help you apply the techniques or consider your own head space. I am enjoying the hard copy so I can take extra notes on it.

This is pa
Nicholas
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An entirely new perspective on how to think. This book demands your full attention but the outcome makes the reader to re-evaluate his or her relationships. By welcoming uncertainty, we can overcome our fears and anxiety.

"Depression" is just a word. We've allowed this word to embody what it means when someone is "depressed." He or she is not "depressed" - rather - he or she exhibits behaviors that we now culturally identify as "depressed."

Highly recommend!
Lisa
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An amazingly thought provoking book that has helped me immensely, drawing together many threads of thinking that I have been circling for some time. Much to chew on, much to learn from. Highly recommended!!
Hai Nguyen
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspiration
Interesting blend between self help and quantum.
Scott Stoneburner
Jul 15, 2019
Toyin A
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book as it was evidently well researched, simple to read and gave great insight to how the reader can improve awareness.
Frank Healy
Nov 21, 2018
Brendan
Jan 09, 2019
Ned
rated it did not like it
Apr 08, 2018
Dennis Crawford
Jun 18, 2018
Joshua Howland
Jan 12, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Let's dialogue about my book 1 3 Aug 25, 2017 12:13PM

• Find Happiness Now: 50 Shortcuts for Bringing More Love, Balance, and Joy Into Your Life
  • Follow Your Passion, Find Your Power: Everything You Need to Know about the Law of Attraction
  • Artificial Intelligence: The Basics
  • Having It All: Achieving Your Life's Goals and Dreams
  • Success Is Not an Accident: Change Your Choices; Change Your Life
  • It's Not My Fault: The No-Excuses Plan for Overcoming the Effects of People, Circumstances or DNA and Enjoying God's Best
  • The Joy Plan: How I Took 30 Days to Stop Worrying, Quit Complaining, and Find Ridiculous Happiness
  • Thoughts Are Things
  • Living Nonviolent Communication: Practical Tools to Connect and Communicate Skillfully in Every Situation
  • Supercoach: 10 Secrets to Transform Anyone's Life
  • Post-Truth
  • Stress-Proof: The Scientific Solution to Protect Your Brain and Body--And Be More Resilient Every Day
  • Mind Is a Myth
  • The Secret of the Ages
  • Self-Disciplined Producer: Develop a Powerful Work Ethic, Improve Your Focus, and Produce Better Results
  • Daughter of Fire: A Diary of a Spiritual Training with a Sufi Master
  • تخلص من المماطلة في 60 ثانية
  • Talking About Death Won't Kill You: The Essential Guide to End-of-Life Conversations
“In a participatory universe, the creative potential is the new mantra that supplants inert “thingness.” 0 likes