Start by marking “Calling All Angels (Shadow Council Case Files #1)” as Want to Read:
Calling All Angels (Shadow Council Case Files #1)

Calling All Angels

(The Shadow Council Case Files #1)

From the pages of Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter comes this thrilling new dark fantasy series!

They are humanity's defense against the supernatural. They are the light in the darkness. They are the guardians that walk in the night. They are The Shadow Council.

Joanna Harrison is a freelance editor, working mother, and loving daughter. She is also the great-granddaughter or
Published February 24th 2017 by Falstaff Books

To ask other readers questions about Calling All Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calling All Angels

Start your review of Calling All Angels (Shadow Council Case Files #1)
Nervous Nellie Justice
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reviewed
Awesome female role model

Jo is an incredible woman. She has no magical power but she is a powerhouse nonetheless. This story is woven in Quincy Harker's world, but Jo is no Quincy. She's a mom and she doesn't cuss unless she has to. She's John Henry's great grand-daughter and I can't wait to hear more of her in future stories.
Nannette
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Calling All Angels ((The Shadow Council Case Files #1)
by John G. Hartness (Goodreads Author), Melissa Gilbert (Editor)
Courtesy of John G. Hartness

Calling All Angels takes place in the same universe as the Quincy Harker Demon Hunter Novellas. The main character is Joanna (Jo) Harrison descends from an American Legend, a man of mythical strength, John Henry. Not only has Jo inherited John’s strength, she also has his hammer. Jo has returned from helping Quincy stop Hell on Earth from happening in
Erin Penn
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A new year, a new four-novella group for Quincy Harker, only this year (year 3) introduces the Shadow Council. First up, Joanna Harrison.

I was not expecting that. I'm so used to Mr. Hartness strong large male bachelor characters, I did not expect a female to be a POV character with a child. Yet it works, very, very well.

Joanna inherited the hammer from her great-great John Henry with a couple twists passing the hammer down the woman line, giving her the last name Harrison, but most of the old m
Jan
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jo Henry is given an assignment by Quincy Harker: find Michael the Archangel and get him back in the game. So she works nights in illegal Mixed Martial Arts cage matches in order to find him, but when she does, he doesn't remember being an angel at all, even when she gets him to hold his sword and it bursts into flame! Lots of action and a couple of disgusting demons. Just exactly what I expect from a Hartness book!
The audio narration is aced by James Anderson Foster.
Shane Benson
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great installment in the Harkerverse

Now that author John Hartness is writing novellas about other characters entwined with Quincy Harker I think it's ok to refer to the Harkerverse. I thoroughly enjoy these books and this was no different. I also enjoyed being able to get a different character perspective in the form of Jo Henry. I think what the author has planned for this phase of story telling is going to be exciting and mind blowing. I can't wait to read what's next.
Trevor
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Year three kicks off with no Quincy Harker, as Jo Harrison takes centre stage. The quest to restore Glory's wings begins with finding the archangels. Nice book, but Harker is the star and something is missing without him!
Cassandra Grant
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
thriiing

I found this book to be entertaining and attention grabbing. every Paige had me riveted to it. I recommend this book be anyone who is looking to re!ax and forget about the stress of the day, and want immerse themselves in a supernatural,funny and terrifying story.
Justin Berg
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jo Henry kicks demon butt

I loved reading about this fascinating character from Quincy Harker's adventures. I especially liked Jo's relationships with her mother and daughter preventing the character from being another one-dimensional action hero.
Carrie-ann Bynon
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well Written Book

Awesome, well written book as always. The characters are well developed and the story kept a good pace. Loved it.
April Schilling
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVED this story! Jo Henry is an awesome character and it was fun reading about her and her family. I usually enjoy learning the back story of characters and this time was no different. Such a great start to a new series and I can't wait to read the next!
Angela
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Not as good as Bubba but still some nice world-building.
Jani  Kuitunen
Mar 06, 2017
Wayne Holland
Mar 14, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Tombyards & Butterflies (Montague & Strong Case Files #1)
  • Infernal Justice (Ethan Drake #1)
  • Scholomance: The Devil's Academy (Scholomance, #1)
  • Island Jumper 2
  • Island Jumper 3
  • Island Jumper 4 (Island Jumper, #4)
  • Island Jumper
  • American Demon (The Hollows, #14)
  • Full Moon Howl (Montague & Strong Case Files #2)
  • Monster Hunter (Mason Dixon, Monster Hunter #1; The New Templars)
  • The Case of the Damaged Detective (5-Minute Sherlock, #1)
  • Devil's Cry (Shade of Devil Book 2)
  • The Cost of Survival (The System Apocalypse #3)
  • Life in the North (The System Apocalypse #1)
  • Redeemer of the Dead (The System Apocalypse #2)
  • Reborn: Apocalypse Volume 2 (Reborn: Apocalypse, #2)
  • Devil's Dream (Shade of Devil #1)
  • Twilight Heart (Harbinger P.I., #7)
John G. Hartness is a teller of tales, a righter of wrong, defender of ladies’ virtues, and some people call him Maurice, for he speaks of the pompatus of love.

He is also the award-winning author of the urban fantasy series The Black Knight Chronicles (Bell Bridge Books), the Bubba the Monster Hunter comedic horror series, the Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter dark fantasy series, and many other projec

The Shadow Council Case Files (2 books)
  • Frost & Filigree