Start by marking “The Devil You Know” as Want to Read:
The Devil You Know

The Devil You Know

(Lonely Heart, Deadly Heart #3)

In the stunning climax of New York Times bestselling author Mary Monroe's Lonely Heart, Deadly Heart series, the tension--and the heat--reach unforgettable heights as two restless women go after the ultimate satisfaction . . . and a killer desire prepares to strike . . .

For best friends Lola Poole and Joan Proctor-Riley, there's never too much when it comes to online-da
Hardcover
Published October 31st 2017 by Dafina Books

To ask other readers questions about The Devil You Know, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil You Know

Ruth
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-challenge
Hmmmm. It was okay, but it got too redundant for me. How many times did I have to read about Calvin wanting to kill Lola. I wanted to say "kill her already..lol."
Racine
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book ended off the series excellently. I am so happy that Bertha was killed off in this book, because I don't think I could take anymore of her. Mary Monroe did fantastic job. ...more
Liza
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lola has her head in the clouds. Joan is jaded. Calvin is crazy but i agree with some of his complaints about Lola.

Just drama. Worth a read.
Antoinette Pearce
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Joi
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was good. It was very predictable but I still enjoyed it. I missed reading about Joan and Lola. Another problem I had with this book is the fact that this book was very repetitive. I'm glad that I finished this trilogy. It was completely worth my time.
Vnunez-Ms_luv2read
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Now this is how you end a series!!!! This book was the ultimate ending to a good series. This was a good series on internet dating and the possible consequences of some of our choices. I loved how the author gave pointers to any one thinking of taking this avenue to meet someone,. All internet dating is not bad, but if certain signs are there, one must pay attention. I have to say the ending I never saw coming and the series was wrapped up very nicely. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and the pub ...more
Maudie Jones
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stunning

Wow After reading the first two I couldn't wait on this one to come out! This book was the type of book you hate to put down. Ms. Monroe really lot did herself with this series. She kept the readers attention from book one all the way through book three, her main characters were description of events were so clear that you could visualized the scenes as if you were standing in the room with them!
Burgundy
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was okay. it was a little long-winded and I found myself wanting to skip parts. To me it didn't focus enough on Lola and Calvin and too much on Joan and her problems. Would I recommend it only if you have read the other parts of the series. If not you can skip it.
Keesha
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved every minute of it! Mary Monroe is always so funny and flawless in her depictions. Waiting to see how Lola and Joan would end up kept me reading every spare moment I had. No one does it like Monroe!
Jacquelyn
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Really good read. It was sad, funny, and suspenseful. I read it in a day and a half. I couldn't put it down.
Arlene Allen
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great end

I enjoyed this series, sorry the series ended but was happy with the ending. I would recommend this book (series) to all my friends that love reading novels.
Zandra
Honestly, I only read this book because I read the other two. As with other two, this one was was repetitive. Almost each time Monroe switches between characters she gives a recap of things that have already been drilled into our heads. There wasn't anything compelling about this book. By this third book I grew to dislike Lola, who I felt was portrayed as week and delusional and Joan, I cant find any redeeming qualities for. She was selfish and not really a great friend, when you really think ab ...more
Misse Jones
A good closing to a suspenseful series!! I am happy with the ending. Lola and Joan had to endure so much in this installment to ultimately get to where they wanted to be in life and in love. And in the end, it is there friendship, courage and loyalty to one another that helps the to survive through it all. This could not have been a better closing for Calvin. He had escalated to a point of no return. I look forward to Mary Monroe's next work due out in the Spring.
mytris
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy read nice storyline. People need to be more aware of this online dating and some of the dangers that's out there.

I chose this rating because I did like the storyline. I also feel that you just must be careful do your research when dating online. And be careful of the information that you give out. So happy that Lola had a beautiful ending.
LaFreida Johnson
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally!

For those of you reading the Lonely Heart, Deadly Heart series, the extremely drawn out plot is finally resolved. Thank God! I couldn't have followed this storyline any longer. Great read.
Hilda Holt
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the series Wow is what I can say

Joan and Lola were very good friends. They were powerful together. I thought that Elbert would have been good for Lola and happy to see that they got together. I was happy that Reed got just what he deserved.
melissa
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very great book

Very well written from start to finish. I enjoy the way this authors books are written. Always a page turner. Make you want to stay up all day and night to read
Andrea Avery
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Eerily fascinating... seeing inside a captivating suitor, who is actually a serial killer.
Tia
Sooo good! KARMA will get you every time.
Review to come.
Peta
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Mary Monroe took me on the longest ride ever.
Misty
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
I felt the plot was drawn out and the ending was rushed. Normally I enjoy this authors writing, but this series was not her best work
Amber
Belinda Fry
Jan 15, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Number of pages 3 13 Nov 07, 2017 04:11AM
I am the third child of Alabama sharecroppers and the first and only member of my family to finish high school. I never attended college or any writing classes. I taught myself how to write and started writing short stories around age four. I spent the first part of my life in Alabama and Ohio and moved to Richmond, California in 1973. I have lived in Oakland since 1984.

My first novel THE UPPER RO

Lonely Heart, Deadly Heart (3 books)
  • Every Woman's Dream