Start by marking “Pressed to Kill (Mandy Dyer, #8)” as Want to Read:
Pressed to Kill (Mandy Dyer, #8)

Pressed to Kill (Mandy Dyer #8)

3.35  ·  Rating details ·  97 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
"Dolores Johnson writes with wit and panache. I love her sense of humor."
---Diane Mott Davidson, author of Double Shot

In this latest installment of Dolores Johnson's beloved dry-cleaning sleuth series, Mandy Dyer notices the new and improved appearance of her customer Ardith Brewster. The young woman has met a new but mysterious boyfriend at Dyer Cleaners' open house part
Published January 9th 2007 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Pressed to Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pressed to Kill

Sam - Spines in a Line
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
Read more of my reviews at https://spinesinaline.wordpress.com

I jumped in to this series without reading any of the previous books and had no problem at all. The author provides enough details of the history of these characters that it's easy to follow along.

That said, it felt like there was a lot of repetition, where even what had happened earlier in this same story was rehashed out over and over again. I think this book would have benefited from the show, don't tell approach. The mystery aspec
Cat.
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, mystery
This book falls solidly into your basic "cozy mystery" category. I mostly picked it up because it's set in Denver and it sounded funny.

It's vaguely amusing, though very contrived. I learned way too much about dry cleaning--the heroine owns a dry cleaners. It was interesting to see how she worked in local flavor, talking about the Denver Western Stock Show and the massive growth south toward Castle Rock and Colorado Springs.

Silly, fun story, kind of chick lit with dead bodies, if you want to cla
Sarah Adamson
A fun cozy mystery starring Mandy, owner of the local dry-cleaners. I have read other books in the series and enjoyed them but been frustrated by the lack of importance of the dry cleaners - it could have been a mystery where the star worked at the grocery to somewhere else. This book showed it's all about the dry cleaners - just enough information and fun facts to be interesting without being overwhelming to those of us who don't even iron our own clothes! Thanks and will look out for more.
Kemi looves 2 read
Apr 21, 2010 rated it did not like it
This is my 1st Mandy Dyer mystery book. It was boring and annoying. It almost made it to my "unfinished books" list. There is something to be said about withholding useful info from the police, hampering an investigation wile trying to play super sleuth!! I don't recall Miss Marple (Agatha Christie mysteries) or Jessica Fletcher (Murder she wrote) been this annoying. No, I don't think I will be reading another book in this series.
Vicky
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another cozy series. I enjoyed this series … the characters are fun, and funny…. the plot has a lot of twists… I really read this series and devoured it a few years ago… have to get back to see if there are new books…. I definitely recommend Mandy for fun - and excitement.. and hopefully many new books.
Bethany
Oct 25, 2010 rated it it was ok
She's a dry cleaner who solves mysteries! Who lives in Colorado! Who dates the former bad boy from her high school! (Although Dolores needs to up the romance. Seriously. They were together like 3 times in the whole book.) It's everything I love. But, even so, it was a little much for me. Prose a little tortured. (But I will read another Mandy Dyer!)
Dru
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
An easy read mystery. Really kept you reading in last few chapters. I will probably read more of this author.
Cws
Sep 25, 2017
Tami
Feb 17, 2009
Kim
rated it did not like it
Nov 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dolores Johnson is a journalist who has worked on newspapers in Oregon, California, Wyoming and Colorado, but she always wanted to write and sell a murder mystery. She tried writing books about an investigative reporter and a newspaper editor, but it wasn't until she wrote a book about a dry cleaner, using her background as a free-lance writer and field reporter for American Drycleaner, that she m ...more
More about Dolores Johnson

Mandy Dyer (8 books)
  • Taken to the Cleaners (Mandy Dyer, #1)
  • Hung Up to Die (Mandy Dyer, #2)
  • A Dress to Die For (Mandy Dyer, #3)
  • Wash, Fold, and Die (Mandy Dyer, #4)
  • Homicide and Old Lace (Mandy Dyer, #5)
  • Buttons and Foes (Mandy Dyer, #6)
  • Taking the Wrap (Mandy Dyer, #7)