Start by marking “Syndafloder (Fredrika Bergman & Alex Recht, #6)” as Want to Read:
Syndafloder (Fredrika Bergman & Alex Recht, #6)

Syndafloder

(Fredrika Bergman & Alex Recht #6)

En man hittas skjuten i bröstet, sittande i en fåtölj framför brasan. Märkligt nog bär han sin dotters vigselring på lillfingret.

I en annan del av stan söker en begravningsentreprenör efter sin bror. En bror som han verkar vara ensam om att sakna och som han fruktar kan vara borta för alltid.

Samtidigt kämpar en kvinna för att inte förlora kontrollen när hennes man blir mer
Published March 1st 2017 by Piratförlaget

To ask other readers questions about Syndafloder, please sign up.

Start your review of Syndafloder (Fredrika Bergman & Alex Recht, #6)
Cortney LaScola Hornyak -  The Bookworm Myrtle Beach
I had a really tough time getting into this story. There was entirely too many story lines with named and unnamed characters and it got really confusing. It wasn't until I was 100 pages in that I even started to enjoy it and understand what was going on. Honestly, if it wasn't the last book in the series, I would have given up.

But, I stuck with it. Eh, it was OK. Not nearly as good as the books in the series.
Gisela Hafezparast
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Read this in less than two days. Brilliant continuation of this series, which I would love to continue. Great characters, great story line and suspense until the end. The whose done it narrows down until the very end, but I at least, wasn't sure who was the killer until very late in the day.

Kristina Ohlsson is a book writer tease, as at the end she thinks this will be the last in the series, but on the other hand can see futures for the characters!
PineHill
3,5 Stars.
Amanda
Jun 18, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kristina Ohlsson is back to her best with The Flood. I felt the previous book in the Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht series was not quite up to the excellent standards of the earlier novels, especially Unwanted and Silenced. However, this was great.

The Flood is a clever storyline that ties all the previous books in the series together. The relationship between Bergman and Recht is excellent as always, and I enjoyed the moving ending.

Although I'm sad this series has ended, I feel like it is the
Bel
Apr 03, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scandi-thrillers
This was ok but I've read better. I think this book tried to tie too many things together and by the end it just felt too convoluted. It was also partly my fault because I didn't know this was not a standalone book, but part of a series. I felt like I missed the backstory for some parts. I liked the chemistry between Alex and Frederika and the setting. If I had the chance I would definitely try to read the other books in the series. ...more
Kieran Quinlan
Jun 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
An engaging and thrilling mystery with plenty of twists and potential suspects. Not the strongest ending chapters, but it sewed up the stories of the leads in a succinct and relatively satisfying manor.
maria helena
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-sweden
A great ending to the series. I will miss Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht.
Tiger
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#6 in Ohlsson's very underrated Swedish series sees Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht investigating 3 seemingly unrelated cases........a family held hostage at a safe house, a man shot dead in his own home wearing his dead daughter's wedding ring and a funeral director searching desperately for his missing brother.....but of course, mystery readers anticipate that there will be a thread to pull them all together.

After a break of almost 3 years since the last book, it was great to visit with these
Lynda Kelly
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Just reached the end of this latest story to learn it is possibly the last in this series, although the author makes a good point, that things were pretty much all tied up nicely by the end of it. I would've liked to read more of Peder and how he gets on and I liked Ivan, the new detective, so would happily read more of him, too. By the end of this instalment, I was sobbing, and carried on once I realised we were probably done reading anymore !!
I have certainly enjoyed this set of stories and st
Jindriska Mendozová
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Flood has come…at least in its Sweden and Czech version. And brings back Kristina Ohlsson and her's more iconic character - Fredrika Bergman. Kristina Ohlsson left Fredrika (and with her also the two most important men of her life - her husband Spencer and her boss, the criminalist Alex Rechts) in 2013 skipping to other literary forms - gangster-like series with Martin Benner and the children books genre.
Now, five years later came a proper moment to continue with Fredrika's life. Since the
Linda   Branham
I love this series. I believe it works better as a series than a stand alone. If this were the only book you had read in the series I believe you would miss many of the small nuances between the characters - but it would still be a good stand alone book
Fredrika is dealing with personal problems at home. Then, a murder occurs - one that leaves Alex and Fredrika both with some questions - something just doesn't fit. And then a 2nd murder happens. Many clues - but how do they fit together? Why is t
Sharon
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Flood, Fredrika Bergman & Alex Recht # 6, Kristina Ohlsson, Sweden. iBook. 6/2019.

The book begins with three lost men. The first man, the Will. The second man, the house. The third man, the emptiness...

Recht is investigating a man found dead in front of his fireplace, shot in the chest, wearing his dead daughter’s wedding ring! He brings in Bergman who is on leave. A funeral director feels the supposed move of his brother and family to Australia has gone wrong and cannot get answers. A wom
Garima Agrawal
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fredrika-alex
I am sad, very upset as this is the last book of the series. I would love to have more of Fredrika, Alex and Eden. I would love to dive into the world of Stockholm Police and their functioning again. I would love to witness some gruesome murders and disappearances again.

As always, this book is amazing. Well crafted characters, mystery which confuses you and things that somehow all makes sense at the end. The book has some elements which made me deeply uncomfortable, mostly because I don't like t
Nona
It never ceases to amaze me why and how some books get published. The Flood by Kristina OHLSSON is one of them.
I do not like spoilers but in this case, must make an exception that will have little effect on any future reader. What is it with the title??? It is cold and rains a few times, a lake is mentioned, but there is NO FLOOD. Really weird.
It rambles, yes rambles (terribly) from events and characters into a total conglomeration until about Episode 30 when something happens. The next 30 chapt
Elite Group
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scandinavian Crime Fiction at its best

I am beginning to wish I had been born in one of the Scandinavian nations, I love all their TV programmes such as Borgen and The Killing and every book that I have read by Scandinavian authors starting with Jo Nesbo, who I absolutely love, have never failed to disappoint me. Kristina Ohlsson is no exception, I loved this book, the plotline was intricate but easy to follow and despite it following on from other books with the main characters I did not realise
Shruti
Method in madness of unconnected crimes.
Murder follows another murder.
A man wearing his daughter's wedding ring is found dead in front of his fireplace
A funeral director searches desperately for his brother who doesn't seem to be missed.
A woman struggles to protect her children and her life as her husband turns ever more dangerous

With no forensic evidence
No fingerprints
No DNA, no witnesses

Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht believe that the cases are totally unrelated....until..a connection betwee
Mandy
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another interesting story in this crime series. I love the chemistry between Alex and Frederika. Sad sub plot for Frederika and a slightly weird ending with no definitive resolution to the plot. Possibly the last in this series - Alex due to retire and Frederika living abroad? I can see the possibility of one more story - please!
Leslie Schoeb
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For what is supposedly the last book in the series - I liked how the book ended up coming full circle and thought it was really good overall. My only complaint tho was how fast it ended as it didn’t fully close out the specific story line. It almost felt like she was tired of writing and just wanted to get it over with which was disappointing.
Simona
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Book 6 in the Fredrika Bergman & Alex Recht Series - and the final book at this point.

Fredrika & Alex are baffled by a seemingly random set of murders, that also hold a personal connection to them both. A very enjoyable series
Monika
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Perhaps it’s a matter of the (stylistically) bad translation into Polish, but I enjoyed this part much less than the other 5.
Kristin
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Classic as always. Thrilling and deep. Love all books of this series, this one seems especially close to heart going through something similar as main characters in my own life right now.
Kathryn Phillips
Stayed up far to late finshing this. I'm going to miss Frederica as it seems to be the last book in the series. Lots of twists left us guessing till the end. ...more
Jeannette
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Fredrika/Alex book. Lots of twists and turns but did leave a couple of blanks.
Tina Harrison-greaves
love her books, it is a shame it takes 2 years for the translation to come to us - wish I could read Swedish!
Carlos Anselmo
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first book of Kristina Ohlsson, the narrative is gripping from the start making you want to read more and more.
Also the end has a good, plausible twist. I'll try other books of the author.
Carofish
A carefully crafted thriller which will make great TV. The translation was good. This kept me guessing to the end and I look forward to reading more of her
Renita D'Silva
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intricately plotted
Áine
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bit of a slow start but cracking finale.
Andrew
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scandi-noir
Easily the best written instalment in this series since the first novel.

The reason is that it returns to constructing these crime novels around crimes, rather than decorations for personality studies. This brings out the author’s excellent ability to interweave complexity of events and to juggle multiple characters all acting in independent scenes.

The main challenge of all the complexity is that to avoid the plot getting out of hand requires an over-reliance on contrived links and happenstances,
Evelina
Jul 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!!
Namn på karaktärer / Character names (Swedish) 1 1 Apr 24, 2020 12:00PM

• Skuggan bakom dig  (Bergslagens blå, #2)
  • Sly
  • Fädernas missgärningar (Rebecka Martinsson, #6)
  • Till offer åt Molok (Rebecka Martinsson, #5)
  • Spring eller dö (Doggerland #4)
  • Dotter saknad (Bergslagens blå, #1)
  • Some Kind of Peace
  • Natrium Chlorid (Sonderdezernat Q, #9)
  • The Collector (Kaldan and Schafer, #2)
  • Vintereld (Årstidskvartetten, #3)
  • Spegelmannen (Joona Linna, #8)
  • Andra andningen (Emma Sköld, #2)
  • Mellan djävulen och havet (Doggerland, #3)
  • Cry Wolf
  • Benvittring (Ölandssviten #5)
  • Felsteg (Doggerland, #1)
  • Jag ska hitta dig
  • Third Voice (Rönning & Stilton, #2)
Kristina Ohlsson is a political scientist and until recently held the position of Counter-Terrorism Officer at OSCE (the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe). She has previously worked at the Swedish Security Service, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and the Swedish National Defense College, where she was a junior expert on the Middle East conflict and the foreign policy of the Eu ...more

Fredrika Bergman & Alex Recht (6 books)
  • Unwanted (Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht, #1)
  • Silenced (Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht, #2)
  • The Disappeared (Fredrika Bergman & Alex Recht, #3)
  • Hostage (Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht, #4)
  • Davidsstjärnor (Fredrika Bergman & Alex Recht #5)

News & Interviews

The glint of fangs in the dark, the sound of tap-tap-tapping at your window, the howling of wind (or is it just wind?) in the trees...that's...