Start by marking “Unrest (Unknown #2)” as Want to Read:
Unrest (Unknown #2)

Unrest (Unknown #2)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  814 Ratings  ·  142 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Wendy Higgins brings you the second book in this thrilling war-torn world...

Being on the run in the desert means food and sanctuary are hard to come by, but Amber Tate and her crew are not about to give up. Not after having the things they love brutally ripped from them by an unknown enemy who sent their world into the apocalypse.

Survi
Paperback
Published February 9th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Unrest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unrest

Wendy Higgins
Dec 01, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
When I mark one of my books as "read," that means I FINISHED THE FIRST DRAFT! Woohoo! Dance, dance, dance. :D
I feel these characters. Rylen. Amber. Tater. Remy. Friendship, heartache, healing, love, and so much tension. Plus, I had to point a fan at my face for a couple scenes. That's always good.
Candace Robinson
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great sequel! This is one of my favorite new adult series! The dystopian factor seems like something that could really happen, there is a perfect blend of romance, and I love the characters (even if I wanted to slap them at times to make a move!). I can't wait for book 3! Full review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...
Samantha Young
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Unrest and so didn’t have to wait to find out the fate of Amber, Rylen, Remy, Tater and their group. Thank goodness! The story picks up immediately, and just like Unknown the pacing never lets up, and neither does the suspense. I found myself waiting anxiously to see what danger lurked around the next corner for the group, and was so engrossed I read the entire book in one sitting. The romantic tension between Amber and Rylen from book one simmers and sizz ...more
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
*Spoilers for Unknown #1, but the first paragraph is safe to read. *

Unrest was action packed, heart stopping and filled to the brim with emotion! I absolutely loved the second book in this trilogy. And just like the first, sadness and fear permeated throughout parts of the story. It was something that felt impossible to shake off or ignore at times. Especially when there were so many obstacles in their way. But don't worry, there's tons of light too. Friendships, love and laughter were splashed
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Original post on Julalicious Book Paradise

Describing Unrest in a few words? Rollercoaster of feels. I seriously went through so many stages of emotions during my reading of it. I probably looked like a lunatic as I got mad, sad or extremely happy. Seriously, be warned that you will probably experience various emotions.

Unrest continues when Unknown stopped. The group is grieving their loss and trying to reach a place they hope will bring them some safe haven. Throughout this book, you experience
Deborah Obida
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: New adults,dystopian fans
Recommended to Deborah by: new adult group
Melanie A.
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kobo
3.5 STARS
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
I beta read this for Wendy! It was freaking awesome! I can't wait for everyone to read it!
Alexandra
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, favorites
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review and Blog Tour can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

I was very anxious about thise sequel. It had left me with a broken heart and a romance which seemed too doomed for my reading preferences. But in this one, survival is the main theme. And it should be; since the world has ended noone has time for romance. Amber and Rylen are not the only ones who must deal with their feelings.

But the dystopian factor is stronger and the book explodes wit
Amy
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Thrilling Stars!!

“Fear of the unknown threatened to make me cry out, but I strangled it back down. We had to move forward. We had to survive and fight.”

Unrest was everything that I wanted in a second book and then some!!!

Unrest picks up right where Unknown left off. Circumstances are tough and the journey for Amber and her crew is not an easy one. Our beloved characters are trying their hardest to survive, just living one day to the next. And just when things are starting to look bleak, shel
Manon
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
So if you've not read the first in this series (Unknown), then you should get on that now! This series is great! The covers aren't the best but Wendy Higgins self publishes this series so it makes sense. Ignore the covers though, the story inside is in my opinion some of Wendy's best work.

The story is so engaging and scary because it could actually happen. I also love the relationship all the characters have. They also feel real. Also Rylen and Amber are seriously wonderful. I love them both so
Jenna
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
HOW CAN YOU END A BOOK LIKE THAT?!?!?!
If any of my faves die in the last book, I'm probably gonna die too.
Jen
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this in one sitting. I couldn't put it down! This sequel was everything I wanted, amped up action, tension, stakes, romance, and FEEEEEELINGS. I can't wait to see what happens next--Oh, and that gym scene gives new meaning to "feel the burn". *fans face* ;)

Taylor Fenner
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 Stars. Review Originally Posted On: Taylor Fenner's Bookish World

Unrest picks up right where Unknown left off. Amber, Tater, Rylen, and Remy are running/hiding from the DRI after they watched the Air Force bomb an encampment that was holding Amber and Tater's parents and grandmother, Remy's parents, and Rylen's wife Livia as prisoners.

Together with a group of army men they've befriended they head for their last hope - an army base in Utah where they may or may not find allies waiting. It
 ⇝LEAH⇜
Wow, I'm loving this series so far...

Book Title: Unrest
Author: Wendy Higgins
Series: Unknown #2
Genre: New Adult, Apocalypse
Setting: Utah Area
Source: Own Kindle eBook

Book Theme Song
(link will take you to my booklikes review)
No Matter What by Papa Roach --Inspirational Kick-ass music is just what Amber, Rylen, Remy and Tater need.
♫No matter what
I got your back
I'll take a bullet for you if it comes to that
I swear to god
That in the bitter end
We're gonna be the last ones standing♫

Overall Rating✧5/5
Lisa Mandina
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We got a lot of great new characters, both from the end of the last book, as well as at the base where they ended up in this book. There was a point when I was practically shouting at Amber and Rylen to figure their stuff out and get together. I hated the character Linette, even though in the end, she may have done a good thing, in finally helping Amber make her move. When the two of them finally figure it out, it is perfect though. I really liked the base that they lived at, the underground par ...more
Monica
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I can’t put this series down. On to book 3.
Cassie C
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Update 8/15/17:

See more reviews on my blog Novels and Necklaces

Actual rating: 4.5 stars

description

Wendy Higgins has done it again!! She has given me everything that I could possibly want in a sequel and then some! I loved everything about this book, and wanted to have the third book in my hands as soon as I was done (which yes...that means there's a killer cliffhanger). Everything about this book was perfection and I seriously can't wait to find out what happens next!

Unrest picks up right where the first b
Novel Grounds
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This book was twice as good as the first, with a double dose of chaos. I truly think that if the world ended, this is how it would go down.

Not only did things get a LOT more chaotic in this book, but they also got a lot more heated. I love a good angsty read and goodness, the slow burn between Ry and Amber is fantastic.

I will admit though, I wanted to just knock their heads together a few times. Tow people so in love with each other and yet so completely oblivious to that fact.

The aliens have do
S.Shade
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-books-read
Usually sequels never top the first book in a series but this book somehow managed just that!

"They'd ripped everything, everything, from me. I wouldn't let terror and loss kill my spirit, not while there was still breath in my lungs and blood pumping through my heart."

Unrest picks up right where Unknown left off. After horrific events, Amber Tate and her group find themselves searching for a safe place to grieve and a little peace from a fallen world. Their journey is rough and hard on everyone,
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unrest

‘Unrest’ starts off where ‘Unknown’ ended. The whole book sort of The Host by Stephenie Meyer. The pack trek the backroads on their way to Utah where they find a group that’s basically a resistance group. It’s there that they are all given jobs, shelter, and food. After being on the verge of starvation and grief, Amber and the gang quickly become adapted to life underground.

I will say this, this was so much more romantic than the first book. Ry is probably the most clueless man to ever w
Kristen Reads
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting for this book ever since I finished the first one and omg, I LOVED every torcherous second of it. This is the ultimate slow-burn romance, but plot wise it’s fast-paced and impossible to put down. I don’t read a lot of apocalyptic books, but I ADORED this one. Don’t get me started on that ending… I NEED MORE. I’ve loved Wendy Higgins ever since the Sweet trilogy and this book just proves that she can write ANYTHING.
Denise
4.5 Stars

Wow, wow, WOW! This book kept me on the edge of my seat from the first page. Wondering if Tater, Remy, Rylen, Amber and group would be caught, who exactly dropped the bombs and would Rylen and Amber ever get together. The story did go with the sci-fi route, but I was okay with it. The ending of the book does end in a cliffhanger and I’m so glad the final book comes out soon.
Nikki
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my goodness gravy. I can’t even with this series!!! This one ended on a ginormous cliffy and I can’t wait to read the last book. At the same time, I’m sad bc...this will be the last book. Still the same nail biter that book one was and still sitting on the edge of my seat good.
J.M.
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book for binge reading !!!
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Holy reveal and cliffhanger...
Amy
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad I stumbled upon this series! Such a haunting, yet plausible seeming, view of a world wide disaster! I am still loving these characters and am so glad to have book 3 ready and waiting!
Jessica Fether
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yikes ... I seriously need to go to bed! Book three must wait!
Wendy Higgins is the USA Today and NY Times bestselling author of the SWEET EVIL series from HarperTeen, the high fantasy duology THE GREAT HUNT, her independently published Irish Fantasy SEE ME, and her indie NA science fiction UNKNOWN trilogy.
After earning a Creative Writing degree from George Mason University and a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction from Radford, Wendy taught high school Eng
More about Wendy Higgins

Unknown (3 books)
  • Unknown (Unknown #1)
  • Undone (Unknown #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Four Swans: A Novel of Cornwall, 1795-1797 (Poldark)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Choice
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Silver Linings Playbook
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be