Start by marking “Dragon King Trilogy” as Want to Read:
Dragon King Trilogy

Dragon King Trilogy

(The Dragon King #1-3)

Exclusive to Borders Bookstores. The Dragon King Trilogy Omnibus Edition. The Dragon King Trilogy I: In the Hall of the Dragon King (1982)
Quentin, a young acolyte serving in the temple of Ariel, is thrust into the centre of a conflict in which the life of the king and the future of the realm of Mensandor hang in the balance.

The Dragon King Trilogy II: The Warlords of Nin
Published March 28th 2008 by Thomas Nelson (first published March 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon King Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon King Trilogy

Start your review of Dragon King Trilogy
Marie Michaels
Oct 12, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Braden
May 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2011
Just reread this series. Lawhead is an amazing writer, so it should be no surprise that this earns 5 stars from me. What separates this series from others I have read of his is the clear theological aspect. This enhances its meaning to me as a Christian reader, and takes me even deeper into Lawhead's creativity and exceptional story-telling ability. Marvelous.
Kenneth Lee Beck
Writing an epic of my own

Once again Stephen Lawhead took me to a time and a land beyond my own. As the story unfolded , however, I was challenged to reflect on my own experiences and measure my own belief system. Although it is a story of fiction, Truths regarding the Most High God shine through to elaborate on the impact He has had on my life and many others playing out the human drama.
Elizabeth Johnson
This was my first foray into Lawhead's works, and I will definitely be exploring his other series! The characters were well-developed, the plot was interesting (albeit a little predictable at times - at least for anyone who's read The Lord of the Rings), and the overarching themes felt authentic and timely. More than just a good story, it also encourages thought about one's own priorities and values, and how far you'd be willing to go to stand up for your convictions.
cynthia johnson
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Best Reading

Not since reading The Raven King Trilogy have I enjoyed such adventure. I laughed, I cried. I was there in every exciting scene. Stephen Lawhead is an exceptional writer. I am about to go on my next adventure with another group of his wonderful collection s. Cynthia J.
Dallas Campbell II
An adventure into a world of noble men and women serving the Most High!

The Dragon King finds that faith in the Most High, safety of family, and the love and loyalty of old friends and new are the most important things of all!
Mr. Lawhead is an exceptional storyteller!
Highly recommended!
Claire Benham
Classic high fantasy.
Megan
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
blah blah blah can't get into this book, disappointing
David
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice premise but predictable
David Shepherd
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deeply moving

Truly a story to relish. A call to more--to live an honorable life, loving well and drawing others to a higher calling.
Brooklyn Adams
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I gave this book five starts because it is so fun to read and the king and everyone else is so adventure. Plus it was actullay kinda funny. Some one should read this if they like things about magic and things like that also if they love to lagh or even like a great adventure novel then they should defnily read it. What would make it better if there are even more girl nights who are really good at everything. Also if the book is shorter.
Kai Forrest
Mediocre at best. The well written characters were little more than cardboard cut-outs, and the worst were inconsistent and unnecessary.

There was no chemistry in any of the romantic relationships - they all came out of nowhere, and the characters might as well have been strangers for all the real affection they had for each other.

A nine year old boy can save the day, in a situation so absurd it's beyond suspended disbelief, but women can't do anything but be soppy about men. They just get to
Benhime
It's hard to start a review of a book without spoiling it. however, let me summarize my thoughts about the book without revealing much about the book. Note that I listened to to audiobook version.

To start, the book was good but not memorable. It's an out of sight-out-of-mind kinda book. The writing was excellent and the plot was just "meh". Predictable at most.

The plot follows most of the similar fantasy genre, and I ve not problem with.Heck, my favorite book is Belgariad which followed more or
Margaret Roberts
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
The legend of the Dragon King continues in this second book of the trilogy. Quentin and Toli are set on a new quest-one unexpected and filled with doubt that they will ever return to their beloved Dekra-a city once inhabited by faithful followers of the Most High God. Lawhead, ever the skilled writer, brings you through a journey of mystery and adventure, love and dread. When all seems lost with Nin the Destroyer bent on taking Askelon, hope ensues with the forging of the Zhaligkeer-a sword ...more
Sabrina
Jan 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kate Frantz
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: medieval-fantasy
The Dragon King Trilogy is amazing. The development of characters from the first book to the last is executed brilliantly and thoroughly. You are connected to each characters story, their fears, their destinies, and the journey they find themselves on to rid the world of true evil. I read this when I was young and it left it's mark on me from then until now. Definitely worth the time and money to purchase these books and get lost in their pages!
Ruth
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spec-fic
c1982: FWFTB: knight, acolyte, companions, quest, usurper. This was a re-read for me and I did not realise how far the spec-fic genre has moved on since the 80s. It is still a good YA novel as an introduction to spec-fic but I don't think that I will reread the entire series. Recommended for the YA audience as the protagonist is 15 years old at the start of the book.
Ethan Sayler
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy Lawhead's writing, but for some reason was never able to get this one started. Finally I've gotten into this story line, and I can't put it down. Great story, interesting spiritual overtones, an enjoyable read.
Peggy Wolf
Feb 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've recently reread these stories which were written for children. I love reading childrens books. This series challenges the reader to stay on your path and listen to those who know you best. It's a healthy version of good vs. evil.
Ryan
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is either the first or one of the first book series that this author wrote. Lawhead is a theologian, lawyer, writer. So, obviously a brilliant guy, and I love these books. I think I've read them 4 times, now.
Rachelle Sperling
This book is written to a young adult target audience. While I really enjoyed when I was 17, I now much prefer Lawhead's writing which targets adults. I would recommend this book for younger readers.
Walter
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good stories enjoyed reading the book if you like fantasy and science fiction I believe you would enjoy this series
Josh Kemp
I read it when I was much younger, and it was definitely a favorite. A great adventure story, some menacing bad guys. Very strong Christian themes throughout. All in all, I really enjoyed it!
Josh
May 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would say this was my favorite set of books ever for a long time, possibly based largely in my age (high school) when I read them. But they were so much fun!
Luke Heath
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The literature is rich and the tale is lively. This is a great series for adults to teens. I will retread this again
Cody Gardner
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an incredible trilogy. Lawhead is a great storyteller and this trilogy is his best work in my opinion.
Sheena Martin
Jan 04, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Can not but this book down, haven't read many fantasy genre, but this is addictive.
Amanda Rose Mitchell
absolutely loved all three books!! they are worth reading and rereading again!
Brad
Jan 25, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great fun. Entertaining and involving. Not as good as pendragon, but still quite good. I don't know if I will re-read this one, but I very much enjoyed it the first time through.
Jeannie
Slow start, but then a good enough story emerged to keep me reading through all three books.

• You'll Get Through This: Hope and Help for Your Turbulent Times
  • FCBD 2018: Avengers/Captain America #1
  • Marlfox (Redwall, #11)
  • Holy Bible, NIV
  • Share Your Universe Invincible Iron Man
  • The Lost Colony (The Long Winter, #3)
  • Marvel Avengers Alliance #1
  • Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future
  • Earth Unknown (Forgotten Earth, #1)
  • Forgotten (The Forgotten, #1)
  • Forsaken (The Forgotten, #2)
  • The Swagger Sword: Templars, Columbus and the Vatican Cover-up (Templars in America Book 8)
  • Auris
  • The Last Dragonslayer (The Last Dragonslayer, #1)
  • Bared Blade (Fallen Blade, #2)
  • Drawn Blades (Fallen Blade, #5)
  • Broken Blade (Fallen Blade, #1)
  • Blade Reforged (Fallen Blade, #4)
Stephen R. Lawhead is an internationally acclaimed author of mythic history and imaginative fiction. His works include Byzantium, Patrick, and the series The Pendragon Cycle, The Celtic Crusades, and The Song of Albion.

Also see his fanpage at Myspace:

Stephen was born in 1950, in Nebraska in the USA. Most of his early life was spent in America where he earned

The Dragon King (3 books)
  • In the Hall of the Dragon King (The Dragon King, #1)
  • The Warlords of Nin (The Dragon King, #2)
  • The Sword and the Flame (The Dragon King, #3)