Start by marking “Mistletoe Magic” as Want to Read:
Mistletoe Magic

Mistletoe Magic

The best holiday surprises occur underneath the mistletoe in these delectable tales from #1 New York Times bestselling author Fern Michaels.

MAKING SPIRITS BRIGHT
Melanie McLaughlin desperately wants to adopt two orphaned siblings and give them a real home for Christmas. A just-for-the-holiday marriage to Bryce Landry fits her plan perfectly . . . until unexpected sparks
Published October 31st 2017 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistletoe Magic

Start your review of Mistletoe Magic
Jeanne
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
A collection of holiday romances centered around Maximum Glide, the Telluride, CO ski resort owned by former Olympic gold medalist, Max Jorgesen, and his wife Grace. Now I like a good romance as much as the next girl, but when people meet and either fall in love or get married in one day, it is a bit unrealistic. Additionally, when Ms Michaels can't keep track of her own characters (she wrote all 4 stories in this collection) it is a bit disappointing. In the first story, "Making Spirits ...more
Denise
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
A number of sweet, predictable Christmas stories. They reminded me of Hallmark movies but wonderful to read during the Christmas season.
Cynthia
I won this book from Goodreads giveaways. I was not required to give a favorable review. This book was a wonderful collection of short novellas based around a ski area in Telluride, CO. It was wonderful. It story connects with the families and goings on. But brings in how with just a little help love can find it's way into everyone heart and makes for wonderful holidays stories. I love Fern Michael as a writer and is this is just another great book.
Nhu
May 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Four Christmas stories, some were better than others but all followed the same formula. It was really boring.
Skyangelc
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
A WINTER WONDERLAND

A WINTER WONDERLAND should never have made it past the first draft. It was a horrible love story and Angelica (the main character) should be ashamed. She's a wealthy lawyer who goes to a Colorado ski lodge to relax. She runs into a man who, in her eyes, isn't up to par. She thinks he's rude and a typical ski bum. When she finds out he's staying at the lodge, her immediate thought was 'He must have saved his money for so long to treat himself, poor thing." She comments on his
Janet C-B
This book is a collection of 4 Christmas novellas by Fern Michaels. I picked up a copy as a bargain book. I enjoyed the first and third novellas, Makng Spirits Bright and A Winter Wonderland. Both of these stories had well developed characters. While the storylines were a bit unrealistic and the endings predictable, it was still good escapism reading. At this time of year I read a lot of Christmas / holiday books. I like to keep my reading light for the holidays. The second and fourth novellas, ...more
Donna
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Oh good Lord. Someone PLEASE tell me WHY I keep reading Fern Michaels books when I know the "formula" like the back of my hand & how they're going to end by the end of the third page. I spend more time rolling my eyes & head slapping than I care to explain. I need an intervention. It's no wonder women have unrealistic expectations in relationships. We're being conditioned by books like this to believe all men are fantastic, sensitive, good looking, ridiculously wealthy & would NEVER ...more
Maryann Fox
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book-a selecton of 4 hoiday romance stories, some funny moments and some amazing coincidences with characters.
Love is in the air in the mountains of Telluride,Colorado.

Its always nice to read a book that is set to where I live or where I used to live and I can mentally check the author's accuracy of details.
Joanne
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017-books
Four Christmas stories, some were better than others but all followed the same formula. Girl meets boy. Rude to each other at first but feels something they never felt before. Ends up marrying. Boring stuff! I like to read a good Christmas story this time of year. Looks like I'll have to keep looking cuz this ain't it!
Kirsten
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure if I'm just not a fan of romance short stories anymore, or if these ones were just particularly abrupt, but the first moves seemed to come out of nowhere, and escalated from there, in each of the four stories. For all the rushed nature of these relationships, though, it was refreshing not to have any sex scenes in them.
Gloria
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ok, I think even lower than Hallmark. Let's be a little real, folks. Instant lust may happen but you don't automatically know you will spend the rest of your life with the character you meet in odd circumstances..even if they are a set up. Fairly good descriptions and characters, just a little shallow.
Joyce Cottrell
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is a series of four stories that take place in an upscale ski resort in Telluride, Colorado. The characters are intertwined throughout the stories. In each case, a couple falls in love within a day or two of their first rocky meeting and decide to spend the rest of their lives together.
Kiera
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a good romance. This was a collection of stories centered around a ski resort in Telluride, CO. They're all the cheesy romance you could ask for without the blatant sex scenes. They were cute and a quick read.
John Pitcock
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, but...

It wasn’t the Christmas book I thought it would be, but it was okay. You get four in one connected short stories, which I wasn’t expecting. And since I’m a little dense, it was hard for me to keep all the different characters straight in my head.
Irina
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
It's so cheesy you'd need a good wash after you read it. At the same time, totally in the spirit of the season and a guaranteed happy end without much bumps on the way there.
Ginger Mcclintick
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was 4 stories in one book loved all of the stories she is such a good author.
Cheryl Stidham
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun!

Fun find lighthearted Christmas season read. Love the escape from reality. Enjoyed the characters and the many examples of good will..
Angela
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Some of the story's were quite good but the time frame for the whole events were a bit too fast to be believable.
Nancy
Nov 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good short Xmas stories that intertwine
Amy
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good book. One of my favorite authors
Ashley Snider
Jan 07, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is a good read if you want a quick, easy, and short romance novel. There is really no meat of the stories. It’s basically a short story. Very predictable outcomes. Christmas time romances.
Debby Long
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
just a reprint of 4 old stories
Shawn
Nov 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Ugh. Poorly told, dull story.
Sandy Forman-Johnson
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
nice intertwined 4 for 1
Rachel
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Sometimes it is hard to rate books with several short stories in them. one of the stories I loved and a couple of others we kind of meh.
Barbara
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
cute
Di Schlenk
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Four lovely Christmas stories. set in the ski fields of Colorado, lonesome singles seek to escape the hurley burley of the festive season quite unprepared for love.
Susan
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
A collection of short novellas, these romantic stories with their fairy tale quality were perfect light Christmas reading, especially if you believe in Santa Claus!
Stacy Reads
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Another Hallmark Christmas Movie story. Satisfactorily cheesy and predictable. ...more
Evelyn
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Four short stories that are thinly connected. This fact doesn't take away from the stories. They are entertaining and enjoyable.

• Merry and Bright
  • Glad Tidings (Here Comes Trouble & There's Something About Christmas)
  • Deck the Halls (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #4.5)
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • Touched by Angels (Angels Everywhere, #3)
  • Choir of Angels: Shirley, Goodness and Mercy\Those Christmas Angels\Where Angels Go
  • Almost Home
  • Christmas in Icicle Falls (Life in Icicle Falls, #11)
  • The Perfect Christmas
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas: Silver Bells / On a Snowy Christmas / The Perfect Holiday
  • Christmas Joy
  • Window on the Bay
  • A Christmas by the Sea
  • Christmas with You: Gabriel's Angel / Home for Christmas
  • A Will And A Way
  • Sugarplum Way (Harmony Harbor, #4)
  • A Wreath of Snow
  • Hope at Christmas
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I ...more