Start by marking “The Survival Pact” as Want to Read:
The Survival Pact

The Survival Pact

Kami thought she'd seen it all as a small time reporter for a New York Paper, but after hearing reports of the dead crawling from graves and attacking humans, she realized the world she once knew would never be the same again. Forced to flee the city, she heads south where her two best friends Emma and Lou reside in search of answers. As a drunken joke ten years earlier, ...more
Published February 13th 2017 by CHBB Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Survival Pact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Survival Pact

Start your review of The Survival Pact
tlev 4242
Sheena
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the concept of this book set in a dystopian world with three best friend who in an innocent moment make a pact that will end up irrevocably changing their future.

Lou, Kami and Emma are such resilient and genuinely believable characters. Three ordinary young women who end up having to survive extraordinary circumstances. The bonds of their friendship are so strong, and boy do they need to be with the thrills and spills that they face together.

The author has an easy to read writing style,
Barbara Gartman
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From beginning to end I was captivated. I didn't want the story to end so I prolonged the ending for as long as I could stand it but eventually I just couldn't take the suspense any longer. I had to know how it ended! By far one of the best books I've read in this genre! I highly recommend this book.
Amy
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE IT!!!
It's not JUST another zombie end of the world kind of story it's a little bit different and really unique! I love what the author did to this book!
It grabbed my attention from the start and kept me captivated until the very end! It was so much fun to read! Each chapter flowed easily into the next one... it really is a awesome story with super fun characters! They're relationship is amazing and inspiring... for them to have gone through so much with the world ending and things
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Read my full review at http://blackwords-whitepages1977.blog...

OMG.....What an awesome kick butt adventure this was. I had so much fun reading this story. It was packed full of everything I love in a story; adventure, love, friendship, hate, and the......Walking Dead?........Yes, you read that right, the walking dead. I sat on the edge of my seat throughout this story and was completely terrified at times with what the characters had to face....because let's face it, what if this really happened
Debbie R
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Survival pact was an amazing read. I have often questioned what I would do if we had some apocalypse type scenario going on and this book had all the thoughts that I have had processing in my head written down. The girls in this book had me thinking about my family and friends and what I would do if I was in their position. If you are looking for a book that will have your heart racing and get you in " preppers" mode this is the book to read. I could not put it down and I will admit that a ...more
Rebecca Coggins
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fresh take on end times

With so many dystopian books out there, I was leery...but loving the work of this author, gave it a shot and am so glad that I did! It was truly a fresh take on it with original ideas. I loved the flow of it and how neatly the characters personalities tied into the plot. Very descriptive writing, love being able to see it all unfold clearly in my mind! Another brilliant work by Christy Sloat!
Krista
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not your normal "zombie" book! This is the ultimate battle between good and evil. Kami, Lou and Emma make a pact that if the end of the world ever happens that they will meet at certain point to fight it together. Fast forward ten years later and and unbelievable happens. Keeping their pact the girls meet up and try to survive. This book so turned out to not be what I thought it was going to be. Once I started reading it I could not stop!! Excellent story telling!
Chrissy
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very original take on the zombie/apocalypse story. I really liked that the zombies weren't "zombies". They didn't turn everyone to zombies...they just killed their victims. Also, the bond of friendship between Kami, Lou and Emma was awesome. They were each strong in their own way and didn't need a man to "save" them. Their friendship stayed strong even through some very tough situations. I really enjoyed this book!
Amanda
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

This book actually surprised me. I'm not normally a zombie apocalypse fan but I love Christy's writing style and other books so I have it a shot, and I was great! The characters are nice and relatable, they have an amazing friendship and they made a vow to make it to the end of the world together, no matter what!
Pike Perrie
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not your typical zombie story!

Christy Sloat wrote a suspense filled thriller that sends you a range of emotions and keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering and praying for what will happen next, what twists will come. More then anything tho, Christy Sloat developed characters that were relatable, likeable, and fun. This is a book I kept in my TBR as I want to go on this adventure again!
April Preston
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed this take on "zombies". Christy Sloat is an amazing writer who has the ability create an imagery like no other. I was completely enthralled the entire book and her characters keep you entertained. I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys post apocalyptic stories.
Pamela Seabolt
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A different kind of zombie story.

For one thing they aren't zombies, at least not the traditional kind. I enjoyed this story. Sure, there are some holes, some things that don't get explained that maybe should, but overall, its a really good story. Give it a try!
Amber
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such an amazing book! The pace was amazing, and I was consistently wanting to know what would happen next.
Brenda Thompson
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story of hope and friendship!
Amanda
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So one night 3 Friends, Kami, Lou & Emma make a pact that if the world ends they will come back to Emmas Cottage in Washington. Little did they know that it would really happen.
Not real big in to zombie reads... but I thought I would give it a try anyway. I really enjoyed this book. Its not a normal read for me. I do like who well everything is described in the book. It gives you a good vision of whats going on. Although the wasp man I could have done without!!!
I like how the women are so
Michelle Bradshaw
It's the end of the world. Two questions...what's most important to you and do you have a plan?

Kami, Emma, & Lou could school you on how to survive the apocalypse. These three bad butt chicks are definitely the end of times squad that I want in my corner.

This thrilling, heart pounding, action packed book will have you on the edge of your seat with every turn of the page. I warn you....you won't want to return to your adult life because you will have to know what is going to happen next.
Tracey Milito
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I really enjoyed this book. The story was amazing and the characters were great. I was hooked from the very beginning.
Georgi_Lvs_Books
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love what Christy done with this story, not your usual zombie/apocalypse read. Very nicely done!

From the beginning I was sucked in and I absolutely took an instant like to the main characters, Kami, Lou and Emma.

One of my favourite reads of 2017!!
Lee
Angie Taylor
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a really intense interesting twist on the zombie apocalypse. The religious implications pertaining to who was destroyed and who survived left me with lots to think about. I loved the idea that the survivors were saved to make the world a better safer place. A perfect read for Dystopian Preppers.
Cheree Castellanos Edits
Amazing! I love everything about this book! It is so much more than just surviving the apocalypse, it's about realizing what family is, what truth and trust is, and about how much we need each other.
I love the friendship Kami, Lou, and Emma have. The bond these women share is inspiriting! Three completely different women, who strengthen, infuriate, and inspire each other perfectly. There is so much truth in here, and raw emotion about the consequences of our actions and the choices we make. And
Stacy Spoonster
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down!! It was so well written and it instantly grabs your attention. The characters are just wonderful, which I have come to expect from Christy Sloat. You connect with the characters almost from the first page and experience their highs and lows with them. This is not your typical end of the world type book. I don't want to go into too much detail because I hate when reviews spoil the book but I will say that I found the world building to be intriguing and unique, ...more
Jaime
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not your typical end of the world, zombie apocalypse story. This one has a twist on the "zombies" and it revolves around 3 very different young women and their amazing bond.

Kami, Lou, and Emma made a promise when they were 18. They would return to the cabin on Lake Crescent and survive together when the end of the world came. Little did they know that day was coming.

This is a tale of survival, faith, and the bond of friendship. With friends you can truly get through anything. Even the
Books  & Margaritas
Another page turner by the amazing Christy Sloat. I started and FINISHED this book all in one day and couldn't tear myself away from it. It had a bunch of suspense and action and this book is NOTHING like Christy's ever written before and if you like zombies you'll LOVE this book. If I had to be in that kind of situation.. I don't think that I would have survived. I wouldn't know what to do, where to go and most of all I don't think I could outrun stuff. I look forward to Christy's next book.
Amia
Feb 19, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Life and Death of Curtis Matthews
  • Wishing For a Star
  • Daughter of Nightmares (Renegade Guardians, #1)
  • The Permanence of Pain
  • This Delicate Thing
  • Evading The Dark
  • Heartmender
  • Gargoyle's Kiss
  • Arija and The Burning City (Hall of Doors, #3)
  • By Invitation Only
  • Dirty Pitch (Boys of Summer, #1)
  • Love Drunk (Love Me Duet #1)
  • Into Thin Air
  • Captive (New Life, #1)
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
  • Tabloid Princess (Tabloid Princess #1)
  • Twisting Minds
  • Scoring a Soulmate (Mr. Match #0.5)
Christy Sloat resides in New Jersey with her husband, two daughters and her Chihuahua, Sophie. Christy has embraced the love of reading and writing since her youth and was inspired by her grandmother's loving support. She loves adventurous journeys with her friends and can be known to get lost inside a bookstore. She is the Best Selling author of ten novels including; The Visitors Series, The Past ...more

News & Interviews