Start by marking “True Colors (True Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
True Colors (True Love, #2)

True Colors

(True Love #2)

Oskar used to be Marco’s best friend. His everything. His sunshine yellow.

But that was before. Before Marco stopped being a hot jock. Before he learned to live with scars and pain. And before Oskar tore their friendship apart.

Now the boy next door has returned home, determined to rekindle his friendship with Marco, and Marco’s more afraid than ever. Afraid of getting hurt.
Published March 14th 2017 by Anyta Sunday

To ask other readers questions about True Colors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Colors

Judith
4.5 Stars.

You remember what my colors mean.
I remember everything you tell me,Marco.

True Colors is a lovely story of friendships,family,forgiveness and love

Marco is scared both physically and emotionally.He sees people and the world through colors,some are beautiful,some are not.

Marco and Oskar were best friends growing up together as neighbours.They could see each others bedrooms from across the street.They had a special bond until one day Oskar caused Marco pain and humiliation with a terri
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

Oskar sets his fingertips on the tablecloth, drawing my eye to the warm saffron-yellow checkers and reminding me for a breath-catching second that he used to be sunglow yellow. My happy, my everything. Now he's rust. Dark, burnt-orange rust. A color to throw away.

Marco associates people with colors. His friend Ben is turquoise, full of bright, vibrant energy. Oskar used to be sunglow yellow, but that was before. Marco is salmon, the color of cowardice.

The story begins with black. That
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*4.5 stars*

Anyta Sunday is my go-to author for contemporary romance. She just writes the slow-burn romances that I like to read! She rarely lets me down, and she won me over again with True Colors.

True Colors is a second-chance romance between two friends whose friendship crumbled from a series of events that happened years ago. I love when there is a hurtful situation in the past and the two MCs have to get past it. I'm a sucker for bullies-to-lovers stories, and while this one isn't quite lik
Anyta Sunday
Feb 13, 2017 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hey guys!

"There’s a lot of things I’m not sure about. Things I’m still trying to work through. Will work through.
But the thing I know with absolute certainty?
Oskar and me? Our story didn’t start at hate."

My next gay romance True Colors is due for release on March 14th. Up for pre-order now. :)

True Colors has a healthy dose of angst in the romance. It's hate/love that's a little messy and very raw. A redemption story. A story of former best friends rekindling their friendship and maybe somethin
Dia
5 MAGENTA stars!
Related image
I adored how the writer named each chapter with a color, just like one of the characters gave every person in his life a color - depending on his feelings and the vibes he got from the said person.

I'll mention MAGENTA is for LOVE, not just boring red like I would have suspected. But it's a great change. I love magenta!

This is a slow burn romance, not really enemies to lovers - even if it surely felt so, but let's better use: former best-friends to such HOT lovers.

It's amazing
~Mindy Lynn~
 photo colors_zpsdasq4rud.jpg

Oskar used to be Marco’s best friend. His everything. His sunshine yellow. But now he's the color of rust because Oskar failed Marco when he needed him and said some harsh words that couldn't be unheard or taken back. So now Oskar is the color of rust and he and Marco are both broken because of it.

Since the falling out of their friendship Marco has been in hiding. He hides behind long sleeves that therefore hide his scars. He hides behind his scars in order to keep his distance from letting any
☆ Todd
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

While I liked "Bottle Boys" just fine, this second story in the series felt much more fleshed out and the connection more real.

Marco had been deeply hurt by the person he trusted most, so he wasn't entirely thrilled when Oskar finally returned to Berlin.

As a teen, Oskar made the most horrible mistake, mostly out of fear. But that mistake gutted Marco to the very core of his being.

But it was time to move on from past wrongs and forgive themselves in order to move on with their lives, so there w
Jan
*** 3 Stars ***

I am a huge fan of Anyta Sunday since I read Rock years ago. Rock is hands down my all-time favourite coming of age story. Taboo For You was another great winner followed by Leo Loves Aries. That said, it saddens me to say that True Colors didn’t live up to my expectations. Don’t get me wrong, it is a nice story but it didn’t reach my heart.

True Colors is a friends to enemies’ story, passing through forgiveness, lots of slow burn to finally reach HEA . The boys knew each other fo
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Heartwarming

True Colors is a friends to enemies to lovers story that's sure to pull on the heartstrings of even the most cynical reader. Marco and Oskar grew up together, were the best of friends who spent countless hours together doing nothing and everything. One fateful day tragedy strikes Marco's family which forever alters the landscape of his life.

Thankfully he still has the support of his best friend until an event in a boys locker room turned his best friend into his enemy and shattered a
Ele

*4.5 stars*

Marco used to be happy. He had a lovely family, a mom that adored him, and his best friend, Oscar. Until that day, when everything went black.

Now Marco isn't happy anymore (blue for sadness). He can't get close to another person because he's scarred, physically and emotionally. He can't forgive, because his best friend and the love of his life betrayed him back then. He can't stay and fight, because he's salmon (salmon for cowardice).

True Colors is a story about friendship, second ch
Jewel
4.5 Stars

Once upon a time, there were two best friends. They grew up together and though they each felt more than friendship toward the other, as they got older, teenagers are sometimes very stupid and say things they don't mean in order to hide how they feel. And it's never easy to come back from that.

Marco already believed what Oskar said, before he ever said it -- that is why it hurt so badly. That is why Marco never believed that Oskar didn't mean it. That is why saying he was sorry was neve
Renée
..."he used to be sunglow yellow. My happy, my everything.
Now he's rust."

This is such a beautifully written story. Marco and Oskar were best friends and next door neighbors from birth to thirteen. And then they weren't. It takes only one event to learn Oskar's true colors.

Now at twenty, Marco learns that Oskar is coming home again. Even through high school (or the German equivalent), Marco rebuffed every attempt Oskar made to explain and apologize.

Marco holds a mean grudge. What Oskar did w
Wendy
4.5+STARS.png (629×121):

I absolutely loved "Leo loves Aries" , so when I was given the opportunity to read and reviews this book, I jumped on it.

True Colers is a sweet story about friends, loss, fear forgiveness and love.

Marco and Oskar have been best friends since they were little. Oskar has always been there for Marco, especially after his mother died and he got hurt. Oskar has been his rock his first color...his sunglow yellow. That is until they are 16 and he's not anymore...

giphy.gif (500×241)

Fast forward 4 years and Oskar is back i
Vivian
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fr, ng, romance-contemp

Trust is like a cup. Broken, you can no longer drink from it. It can be mended, but it takes something precious to remake it into something beautiful. And, it takes effort.

This is a very touching story with a large cast of secondary characters that helped form the facets of Oskar and Marco through their interactions. At the same time, this is an extraordinarily frustrating story. By the end, I wasn't happy, more relieved.

Problem is, told from Marco's viewpoint we get this perfect storm for a "mi
Tanu Gill
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a sweet one. If not for the time it took me to finish it, it would have probably slayed me with the heap of emotions it consists of and equally generates in us. At times, it felt too saddening, but it recovers the lightness of the starting a bit down the lane.
BR11
It reminded me of Rock, by the same author, but with colors.
There is angst, there is hurt and there is forgiveness.
I like how both characters are not perfect. They make mistakes and they learn from them.
As often with Anyta's books, you have to wait for the sexy times and then, there are not all that many. Her stories are more about the journey than the destination.
A good read! Looking forward to read Sebastian and Ben's story now. Their story seems to be in book one of this series and
Alisa

This was another hit out of the ballpark for me. I love everything I've read by this author. This is a enemies to lovers story done a bit differently. Marco and Oskar had been best friends until *something* happens but you don't know what until a ways into the book. I couldn't put the book down during this part and I was reading as fast as I could trying to find out what had happened. This author has such a great ability to keep you on the edge of your seat waiting to find out things.

I

Healing

Forgiving

and

Lovely

I can't recommend this beautiful enemies to lovers, best friends to lovers story. 4.5 Stars.
Ari
4 sunglow yellow stars

Read the complete review @Readin' Under Street-Lamps

It’s a really really good finding-yourself, hate-to-lovers story, with a really well plotted story arc. It skirted between adorable, and angsty, and isn’t that just the perfect blend you want to read in a book? And that ending was just beautiful. Really, those last lines in the book were magical, with how the author captured the moment. It was easily one of the most vivid scenes I’ve been able to see behind my eyes in a lo
Virginia Cavanillas
Marco and Oskar were best friends until something happened between them when they were 16 years old. Now, 4 years after, Oskar is back to Marco's life and they have to deal with their past, feelings, insecurities and resentments.

This is a story of a beautiful friendship, a book about hate and love- and the thin line between them-. This is a novel based on second chances, regrets and forgiveness. This is a story about colors and perceptions masterfully told by Anyta Sunday.

I loved this book. LOVE
River
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, arcs
Marco and Oskar were neighbors and friends, they grew up together. Something happens in Marco's life that marks him and some time after his relationship with Oskar is damaged.

Years later Marco is studying (for the life of me I can't remember what) and he's preparing to move out of his dad's house. He still struggles daily with what happened in his past, he is scarred in more ways than one. He's still close to Oskar's family and they spend a lot of time together, this is how he finds out that Os
Eli Easton
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Anyta Sunday's writing and jumped at the chance to read this ARC.

This is a sweet coming of age and NA contemporary romance. Marco was burned in a car fire in which he lost his mother. He has some burn scars on his torso and is extremely self-conscious about them. His lifelong next door neighbor and boyhood bff, Oskar, once hurt Marco by making fun of the scars in front of others. After that, Marco and Oskar became estranged. This story is about how they come back together.

It's a gentle e
Karen
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What color is your world...

I'm sure there are probably a dozen stories out there like or similar to this one but sometimes it's not so much the story as how it's told and for me this story was woven through with the colors as much as the words and enriched with characters who added yet another layer of richness to it's brilliant colors.

Marco's mama had colors for her days but for Marco it was people. He saw colors for the people in his life. Marco's first color was sunglow yellow. He saw a co
Fabi
This is a second chance romance. It's unusual in that the MCs are only 20 years old.

Marco was physically and psychologically scarred in a car accident that lost him one parent. Later he was emotionally scarred by his best friend's careless words.

A lifetime friendship was shattered in the few seconds it took Oskar to say a handful of words.

It's been four years and both young men have moved on with their lives. But their families are neighbors, so their lives remain entwined. Their emotions raw.

We
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I am soooo going to be in the minority with this one.

2 stars = it was ok.

The vibe I got from the first book made me a little reticent to give this one a shot, but then I thought about Leo Loves Aries and I just had to give this a chance. That was just about my most favorite book of 2016 after all.

I should have trusted my instincts.

I didn’t like this any better than I did Bottle Boys.

I honestly felt a clawing un-comfortableness through the majority of the book.

How come these boys don’t talk to t
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
It took me something like 5 hours to read this book.
I've been waiting for something to get me out of my funk.
Most books can't deliver the slow burn, enemies to lovers, love through the ages, the tension, the angst, the connection that I crave when I pick up a book.

The connection is so so so bloody important to me. This is why I honestly hate anything with insta-lust or insta-love because you cant grasp that yearning feeling that I crave.

Anyta Sunday delivers this to me always. Sometimes I ge
Truuss
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, m-m
All the five big stars This...this is the writing I love
The intensity was overwhelming....beautiful written .... All those colors
A bubbling Vulcan. The tension...all those feeling... amazingly written

Marco and Oskar....a friendship that goes beyond a friendship....until it's over....done...
The reason is heartbreaking, devastating...

When Oskar returns after years, Marco can't handle it. He is torn between love and anger, between his scars and his longing.
Deep down he loves Oskar but above that
Lelyana
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2017, arc, mm
Sunglow yellow. The start of our story

But the thing I know with absolute certainty?
Oskar and me? Our story didn’t start at hate."

I have no words how to explain how much I adored the this story.
Anyta Sunday did it again, playing with my heart, playing with my head, and how I loved the beautiful poetic prose this story brings.
Fear of his s own scars, of how Oskar will see him, destroyed t
⚔ Silvia ⚓
I received an ARC via netgalley but all opinions are my own.

This was a sweet story and a perfect read to help fight off my reading slump. But. But it felt a bit too much like fanfiction - and that is not a sentence I like to use, because I actually love fanfiction and I think there's some fanfiction works out there that are just as good if not better than published works. But I just can't find a better way to describe my feelings towards this, especially when it comes to the writing. I think thi
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Right Hand Red
  • When Adam Kissed Me (Inseparable, #2)
  • Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3)
  • Five Dares
  • Wish Come True
  • Let There Be Light
  • Lima Oscar Victor Echo and The Truth About Everything
  • Echoes of Us
  • Married for a Month
  • Diamonds (Life According to Maps, #2)
  • Christmas Kitsch
  • House of Cards (Porthkennack, #4)
  • Pictures of You  (‘90s Coming of Age, #1)
  • Let the Wrong Light In
  • Someday It Will Be
  • Into You
  • Heels Over Head
  • On Point (Out of Uniform #3)
Hey guys,

A bit about me: I'm a big, BIG fan of slow-burn romances. I love to read and write stories with characters who slowly fall in love.

Some of my favorite tropes to read and write are: Enemies to Lovers, Friends to Lovers, Clueless Guys, Bisexual, Pansexual, Demisexual, Oblivious MCs, Everyone (Else) Can See It, Slow Burn, Love Has No Boundaries.

I write a variety of stories, Contemporary MM R

True Love (2 books)
  • True Luck (True Love, #1)
“But like, how do you know it’s love?”
“When you miss the other person even if they’re half a room away.”
5 likes