Start by marking “War and Pieces: Season 1, Episode 1 (Frayed Fairy Tales)” as Want to Read:
War and Pieces: Season 1, Episode 1 (Frayed Fairy Tales)

War and Pieces: Season 1, Episode 1 (Frayed Fairy Tales)

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there were zombies

Thats how it all started. Authors have created a major problem with stories like Cinder, The Dark Queen, and Asleep, and its wreaking havoc here in Ever After. Our queens are fighting for their lives.

Rather like Mother Nature, keeper of the fine balance thats life in your world, tales that begin with Once
Published April 24th 2017

Start your review of War and Pieces: Season 1, Episode 1 (Frayed Fairy Tales)
Paperbacks
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Happily Ever Afters are meant to be just that surely? For Snow White maybe - she got her fairytale ending. But for her sister Rose Red things aren't as perfect as they could be. Yes, she has an amazing husband and they love each other deeply but their family needs completing and Rose becomes consumed with the need for a child, a need that can't be filled by babysitting again for Snow. A chance meeting in the market leads her to a darker path to reach her goal, unsuspectingly - she's always had a ...more
Sarika Patkotwar
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it
*This review was initially published at The Readdicts Book Blog. For more reviews, go here .

I, very randomly, stumbled upon War and Pieces which is a collection of episodes based on the fairy tales we have all been hearing since childhood. I love reading fairy tale retellings and I really admire it when they are given new twists and turns. That was the exact same case with War and Pieces, which was a gripping and fun read.

For a book that's barely a few pages long or short, the story was really
Tina
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Season 1, Episode 1
This story begins with Rose, Snow White's sister. Who knew she had a sister? I love the spin on classic fairy tales and getting the chance to see them from a new perspective. This series has all the makings for a best seller. Reading this one episode at a time will be torture. I am already dying to know what happens next!
Shelley
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So freaking good!

So a serial format is going to be the death of me but I know each episode will be released quickly. Thank goodness too! If the intensity of this story continues throughout the series, readers will not only fall in love with these new fairy tales like I have. They will be on pins and needles awaiting each new part of the adventure! The collaboration between these authors are nothing short of genius.
Ashley Cestra
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ohhhh I love this new twist on an old fairytale! I'm so excited to be reading a twisted fairytale by these fabulous authors! Who knew Snow White had a sister? so so excited to see how this story develops!
Linda
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an incredible beginning, was it healed by the introduction. Very clever! Episode 1 sets the background story but leaves you aching for more. Ending is just torture having to wait for Episode 2!
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
Episode one of the Frayed Fairy Tales is off to a fantastic start and I loved the unexpected twists and revelations that came out like the fact that Snow .....wait a minute; if you want to know what spoiler I was getting ready to reveal, then I highly recommend that you quickly grab yourself a copy and prepare yourself for the many things we will surely discover along the way.

{I requested an eARC for reviewing purposes and made no guarantee of a favorable review. The opinions expressed here are
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Title: War And Pieces S1 E1
Author: Tia Silverthorne Bach, Ferocious 5, N.L Green
Genre: Adult, Fantasy
Format: Ebook
Pages: 40
Rating: 4
Heat: 1

Thoughts: Ooooh, serials suck, way too short and seem to stop in the middle of a scene. Which of course means that as soon as I can I will be binge reading this whole thing. It didnt stop in the middle of a scene but damn, it sure felt that way. And of course has me wondering when I can do the binge reading lol. Snow Whites sister, Rose is married to
Ashlyn
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Short Story

This was a very cute, short read. I feel like it did a great job setting up the next book. It was well written, and I look forward to the next one in the series.
Melenia
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: signing
Not really for me, but it was a quick read. I enjoyed it, but not enough to keep going. Its just not my personal style. I think most people would enjoy this book. ...more
Heidi Angell
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I was more than a little surprised to read this story in less than an hour. I don't know what I was expecting. Well, I do. I realized it was a serial, but I really was counting on at least some of the above description to be in the first serial. Instead, I got the start of a Snow White and Aurora mash up story, which left on an unexpected cliff hanger that never even introduced the other story lines.
In this world Snow and Aurora are sisters, which wasn't too difficult a leap for me, as it fits
Christine Shrum
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Its a very short book so it was hard to rate this because it left me wanting more. It was a great setup for the series but i wished the first part was a bit longer. I was wanting more of the magic and maybe some action.
Michelle VanDaley
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am not a fan of serial releases but when I read about Frayed Fairy Tales months ago I knew that I had to get this series. Episode 1 exceeded all of my expectations and I can not wait for the next episode. My only negative comment about the book is that it is too short and I need to wait to find out more. I love the spin off from well known fairy tales but this reads like nothing I have ever read before which I love. The covers are beautiful and the coloring book is awesome as well. I am ...more
Kellyann
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy Cow, incredible read

I love a good fairy tale. Especially when a good author creates there own version of a completely different tale and brings it to life. This was a quick but great read. I can't wait to read the next episode. So well written and well thought out. Good job! Highly recommended to all fairy tale lovers.
Belinda Clemons
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just awesome this serial is going to be epic. Rose Red's story is really thought out and written well. I felt sorry for her that she couldn't have children but Snow could it makes me wonder what Drina is up to and what is going to happen next
Stefanie
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok, having to wait even the smallest amount of time is going to kill me!! This is going to be one fun ride to be on and I can't wait to see how all these episodes are going to play out!! Please hurry up next release!! I need you in my life!!
J. Dorner
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've always wanted more stories about the Grimm fairy tale character Rose Red (sister of Snow White). This book opens with just that. Rose is happily married, but she longs to have children of her own. Therefore, she bends the rules (or flat out breaks them, really) to improve her fertility odds. How far will she go, and what will the repercussions be of her actions and choices? That's a question for a subsequent book in the serial series.
Gabriella
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, episodic
This looks to be the start of a very interesting series of short tales that bring to light a very different idea of the fairy tales that you know. However they will all be linked and told consecutively. The darkness and the light still battling with things hidden behind and Rose's desperate will to have a child looking to put so many in danger without her knowing.

I would recommend reading it but getting the full series when it comes out as one book rather than buying the episodes separately.
Angie Hackett
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This seems like a well written piece but is part of a serial.

I tend to avoid serialized books with a couple of exceptions as it costs more ultimately thatn buying a longer book.

It was certainly an entertaining piece with a new look at fairy tales of old. I liked the fact it is set after the original Snow White etc stories but I'm a little uncertain about carrying on the series. I think I will try more out though as it definitely held my interest.
Conny
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-books
Just wonderful, I love short books like these, so keep them coming hehe.
Gay
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I only gave this a 3 because I still haven't decided if I really liked this story. Maybe when I read the next episode, I will decide. Read it for yourself so you can decide.
Krystyna
Jul 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
For some children are the ultimate goal

Disappointing. A happy ever after should be just that. However it is not the case here. The inability to have children is making Rose's happy ever after anything but happy. Will she do something that she will regret?
Mitsy
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful!

Very well written suspenseful tale of a woman so desperate to have children she'll do what is frowned upon. Recommended to everyone.
Lynette Wood
May 21, 2018
Edmund Nadeil
Jul 31, 2017

• Dirty Cop
  • The Cowboys of Cthulhu (Riders of the Weird West #0.5)
  • The Worst Book Ever: An interactive read-aloud for reluctant readers
  • The End: A Novelette of Haunting Omens & Harrowing Discovery
  • Elbie's Quest
  • The Post-it Note Affair: A Romance Novelette of Love Lost and Found
  • Blank Space: A story in concrete poetry for striving readers
  • What Wonders Do You See... When You Dream?
  • Earth Inherited: A Short Tale of Planetary Plague & Astronomical Affliction
  • Point Blank: A Short Tale of Macabre Family Faults
  • I Hate Reading: How To Get Through 20 Minutes of Reading Without Really Reading
  • Out There: A Short Tale of the Weird and Wonderful
  • Last Shot: A Short Tale of the Absurdity of Life and Death
  • The Book No One Wants To Read
  • Favorite Holiday Recipes: From the Authors of Love, Christmas 2
  • Unicorns know that rainbows will show (Series Book 1)
  • The Little Dinosaur
  • Goodnight Wishes!
Tia Silverthorne Bach has been married to her college sweetheart for twenty-four years, has three beautiful girls, and adores living in the beautiful state of Colorado. Her daughters were born in Chicago, San Diego, and Baltimore; and she feels fortunate to have called many places home. She believes in fairy tales and happy endings and is an avid reader and rabid grammar hound.

She is an

News & Interviews

With clever detectives, missing jewels, murderous women, daring spies, and more, mysteries and thrillers deliver page-turning delight with ever...