Start by marking “Dreams in Deadwood (Seven Brides of South Dakota, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dreams in Deadwood (Seven Brides of South Dakota, #1)

Dreams in Deadwood

(Seven Brides of South Dakota #1)

He has a vice as bad as her father.

Jennie Arnsby wants nothing more than to turn around and go home. Her family is on their way to Deadwood, SD, when Aiden finds his way to their small wagon train. His teasing and banter leaves her wanting to toss him out the back and in the dust. When, they are separated outside the city, she is left wondering if she’ll ever see him again
Published February 28th 2017 by Self

To ask other readers questions about Dreams in Deadwood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreams in Deadwood

Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)

Dreams in Deadwood by Kari Trumbo is a sweet western romance. The series itself follows characters first introduced in A Ruby Glows (part of the Cutter’s Creek series) – a family of sisters relocating to Deadwood, South Dakota. It can be definitely read as a stand alone but there were times, especially early on, when I felt like everyone knew each other but me lol.

The romance between Aiden and Jennie is full of flirting (mostly from Aiden) and emotion (mostly from Jennie) and some gre
Sydney
Book one in the Seven Brides of South Dakota Series, Dreams in Deadwood, by Kari Trumbo, is an excellent sweet inspirational western romance that readers will absolutely fall in love with. From the very beginning of the novel, the characters come to life off the pages and readers will come to know and love them. Trumbo’s excellent storytelling and rich western theme will keep the attention of readers from the first page all the way to the very end of the story. Through overcoming the struggles o ...more
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
I like a male lead who is a little rough around the edges, and Aiden was that person for me. Combine that with a stubborn woman and it makes for an interesting storyline. I found Jennie to be set in her ways, and although she says she'll do as she's told, she does it sort of grudgingly. Ms. Trumbo picked wonderful setting in the historic novel and I enjoyed reading about their journey as much as when they arrived in Deadwood.

It was evident that the author did her homework in researching this ti
Hart's Reader Group
This was a sweet, fun, romantic, emotional romp through American history. I've loved the Arnsby family since reading A RUBY GLOWS where I first met Jennie and her sisters. I am so glad Jennie found a man who could be patient with her, protect her, and love her. Aiden is a hardworking man, who loves his family, is loyal to a fault, and falls hard to Jennie. So sweet!

This was a well-written historical romance that focuses on the development of characters rather than unnecessary sexual elements.

Gre
Claire
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
While reading this I kept thinking that I've started a series part way through, but no, this is book one, and yet, I definitely feel like there's history I should know and don't.

Jennie and Aiden are so sweet together, the chemistry is there from early on and the way they dance around each other is amusing. The relationship develops in a believable way and the other characters form a great supporting cast.

I loved Jennie's stubbornness at times and at others I wanted to tell her to stop. Her abili
Shonda
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Jennie and Aiden are characters you cant help fall in love with. Jennie was so cute! Her character had her sometimes a young girl but sometimes a woman. She had me laughing at how cute she could be. The story is one about forgiveness, the prodigal son returns home and romance. I know you will love this book as much as me. I have to read the second book in the series! You will love this book and series!
Margie Vickers
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Will love overcome the list for gold or family obligations?

A young girl was uprooted from home and moved to Deadwood S. D. by her sister and brother-in-law. Along the way she meets a man who is good hungry and has a past he can't explain. The young lady refuses to marry because of her ma and pa's marriage. They go back and forth on the idea of marriage, will they get together. It also tells of her sister's, one who leaves in a mysterious way. A very entertaining story and fantastic characters. I
Sonya
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jennie and Aiden's story

This book kept my attention the whole way through. I loved it!! It was a clean, wholesome tale about a family that moved to a town none of them knew anything about. Along the way they meet a man named Aiden, who joins them on their journey and becomes a very important part of their life. Read about how he and one of the girl's fall in love, but then he has to leave. It is an adventure you don't want to miss!
Judy Kieffer
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the book

I enjoyed the book the history it gives a total different view of Deadwood. A must read for people who enjoy history
Lilmissmolly
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heartwarming Gold Rush Era Romance
Dreams in Deadwood by Kari Trumbo is the first book in the Seven Brides of South Dakota series. It is a clean romance set during the gold rush era. Unlike most books of this genre (with yet another mail-order bride), here we have a family of sisters relocating to Deadwood, South Dakota. The story centers around Jennie Arnsby who wants nothing more than to turn around and go home. Along the way, Jennie and her family meet Aiden Bradly who left Kansas in search of
Sandy
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book

This is such a great story. I can't wait to read the rest of the series. It is so well written and gives a glimpse of Deadwood, which I will be visiting in June.
Delena constant
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dreams

This was a delight to read,very well written and the Story is Easy to follow. Time and space does not change a lot with in true Love. Never a boring moment from the moving wheels of a Wagon to the destination. I give this a 5🌟 rating. I enjoyed this Book.
Robyn Echols
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Feel Good Romance

This sweet family oriented romance draws on the old fashioned values and practices typical of the time. Jennie resists leaving a place she feels at home and going somewhere new, even though family is going with her. She meets Aiden who is battling his own demons and desire to be a son his family can be proud of. Tragedy strikes more than once as the author keeps the story exciting. An enjoyable romance with a satisfying ending hinting at more stories to come.
Erin Krol
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story!

Truly enjoyed Jennie and Aiden's story. Well developed, likable characters who grow and evolve. Can't wait for the next book!
Karilyn
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Well written and incorporates real events. I have been to Deadwood and I can see a story like this happening back then!
Toula
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hero is Aiden. Heroine is Jennie This is book 1 of the 7 sisters.
Jennie is on her way to Deadwood SD. She dreads going there all she wants is go back home Half way there she meets Aiden Jennie doesn’t know how to take Aiden.
Aiden has a purpose in life. Find his gold and go home . Aiden is attracted to Jennie but he doesn’t want to get off tract.
This story is full of mystery suspense and love

Love how Meghan Kelly nailed it right on she did the parts great
Jenn (YeahOrNeighReviews)
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible
Jennie is traveling to Deadwood with her family when Aiden comes across their path. She's not sure what to make of his attention and keeps him at arms length. This was a charming story that had me yelling back at the audiobook during the last few chapters, lol.
Kailey
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. This is the first book I have read from this author, but it won’t be the last. I look forward to reading more. I liked all of the characters. I really liked Aiden and Jenny. I think the storyline progressed pretty well. I recommend this book. I also highly recommend the audiobook version. I listened to the whole thing in a few hours, it was that good.
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
A sweet adventure of healing and finding love!

Dreams in Deadwood is a sweet western romance in the Seven Brides of South Dakota Series. This is a story that shows a person can change and keep their promises when love is on the line. You learn so many different lessons in this story – honesty, forgiveness, love, respect, healing and even how to overcome the hardships that we all face in life. Even though tragedy strikes, Aiden and Jennie still find love and healing together.

A delightfully writte
Suzie Waltner
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A new life in a new town is more than enough change for Jennie Arnsby.

Yet, when Aiden Bradly joins their group as the wagons near Deadwood, South Dakota, more change is exactly what she gets.

A story of letting go of past mistakes and hurts, Kari Trumbo brings readers into the hustle, bustle, and dangers of the newly-formed gold rush town. As Aiden challenges Jennie to find something she likes about her new home, she challenges him to let go of something he’s been dead-set on since leaving his fa
Pam
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dreams in Deadwood: Seven Brides in South Dakota Book 1 is by Kari Trumbo. This starts the second in the series about the seven sisters of the Arnsby family. Ruby and Beau head out from Cutter’s Creek to Deadwood to begin a new life along with Ruby’s sisters.
Jennie Arnsby, the second oldest girl, doesn’t want to leave Cutter’s Creek and their Mother. She wants to stay here where it is fairly small and the community is nice. She doesn’t want constant change. However, her Mother insists on her go
Deb
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Having grown up in the Mount Rushmore state, I was pleased to find a series of western romances set in the Black Hills. I spent a great deal of my childhood and adolescence in the area the area the book takes place, since I have an aunt & uncle who lived in Lead (until their recent passing).

I love the strength and integrity possessed by Aiden, as well as the pluck and desire to protect her heart displayed by Jennie. That they belong together is clear from the beginning, and I adore the way t
April
Dreams in Deadwood
: Kari Trumbo

This is a sweet clean historical, western romance. A group of sisters are moving to the wild town of Deadwood. They meet up with a lone traveler along the way. There are plenty o twists and turns to keep the listener on the edge of their seat. Will a real romance develop or will family obligations and differences keep them apart. Interesting start to this series. I'd like to see where it goes from here.

The narration was well done. The characters were well portrayed
Pamela Mitchell
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful beginning to the Seven Brides of South Dakota series by new-to-me author Kari Trumbo with memorable characters and beautifully written story that gives an afternoon of reading pleasure and a glimpse of history in and around Deadwood in the 1890's. I loved the sweet and tender romance between Jennie Arnsby and Aiden Bradly. Dreams in Deadwood is a must-read for fans of this genre.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book and enjoyed it so much I purchased a copy.
Lisa
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet historical romance. I was quickly rooting for Aiden and Jennie. There is a love for family very evident in the book. The characters develop throughout the story. The dialogue felt natural. There are some interesting historical facts sprinkled through the book. I would not hesitate to recommend this book to readers of historical romance. I will look for more opportunities to read Kari Trumbo’s work.
Pat
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The great character and storyline development hooked me right from the very beginning and I stayed totally captivated until the very last page! This was the first book that I have read from this author and it definitely will not be the last!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

Ms. Trumbo weaves a remarkable tale about a covered wagon trek from Montana to South Dakota.

Read full review in the 2017 June issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Debbie
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a great story.

A lot of action suspense and mystery, along with romance heart ache and happiness. Make sure you read about Ruby in the cutters creek series to catch up on this story. Can't wait to see where this picks up.
Cindy Nipper
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful beginning

This was a great way to start the series! Don't miss A Ruby Glows as the prequel to this story as well! I especially loved the "angel" stranger that gave Aiden a ride near the end!
Virginia H
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just got to read the first chapter of this book. It was sent to me to give an honest review. I can say the book was very interesting and look forward to finding out what happens and will read more of Kari Trumbo books in the future.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Down & Out (Desert Winds #1)
  • Season of Love (Cutter's Creek #7.3)
  • Chasing Someday (Chasing Tomorrow #1)
  • The Mistaken Widow
  • High Plains Wife (Bluebonnet Bride, #3)
  • The Disgraceful Mr. Ravenhurst (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #4)
  • My Lady de Burgh (de Burgh, #5)
  • His Last Hope (His Last Hope #2)
  • Pickpocket Countess
  • Claiming the Forbidden Bride (Regency Silk & Scandal, #4)
  • The King's Mistress
  • Just Maybe (Home In You Book 3)
  • The Winter Queen (Tudor Queens, #1)
  • I'll Settle for Love (The Trampled Rose #3)
  • The Soldier's Bride (Music Box Romance #1)
  • Love Everlasting (Isle of Hope, #2)
  • His Prairie Duchess (Prairie Brides #3)
  • Shimmers of Stardust
Kari Trumbo is a writer of Christian Historical Romance and a stay-at-home mom to four vibrant children. She does freelance developmental editing and blogging. When she isn't writing or editing, she homeschools her children and pretends to keep up with them. Kari loves reading, listening to contemporary Christian music, singing with the worship team, and curling up near the wood stove when winter ...more

Seven Brides of South Dakota (7 books)
  • Kisses in Keystone (Seven Brides of South Dakota #2)
  • Love in Lead (Seven Brides of South Dakota Book 3)
  • Romance in Rapid (Seven Brides of South Dakota Book 4)
  • Sparks in Spearfish (Seven Brides of South Dakota Book 5)
  • Hearts in Hot Springs (Seven Brides of South Dakota, #6)
  • Courting in Custer (Seven Brides of South Dakota Book 7)