Start by marking “War Hope (War, #2)” as Want to Read:
War Hope (War, #2)

War Hope

(War #2)

Hope

I followed my best friend to London thinking it would be an adventure full of excitement and bright lights, only to find myself in a shitty little corner of the city.
I'm now immersed in a world of bad boys and dirty fights.
My saviour complex is stretching to Finn West. He's dark, mysterious, grouchy, and a fighter. I can't help but want to push his buttons and see
Published May 2nd 2017

To ask other readers questions about War Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about War Hope

Start your review of War Hope (War, #2)
Bibi
May 27, 2017 rated it liked it
**Spoiler Alert**

In contrast to War Poppy, this was a breeze, not having to cry my eyes out was simply the cherry on top.

Having read the preceding book(s) many months ago, I'd quite honestly forgotten about the quartet that was Poppy, Connor, Brandon, and Hope. Their story had little upside, every trajectory hinted at more sorrow and sadness. And while I appreciate the authors for being authentic in the portrayal of PTSD, War Poppy is a book that decimated my heart, therefore, I wasn't certain
Nazanin
Jun 08, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Bingo Stars

"Love. It's such a stupid uncontrollable emotion, and yet, don't we all seek it, crave it as though it were the ultimate and most unattainable high? I guess, in a way, it is. After all, there's nothing quite like it, is there? The euphoria, the safety, the sense of just belonging."

You’ve met with Finn and Hope in "War Poppy". So you know Finn was Brandon’s friend and you know what happens to him and Hope is Poppy’s friend and it was good to hear about her again. Finn has served in
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

WAR HOPE: by Nicole Lynne aka (Stevie Cole & L.P. Lovell) is the second book in the (War, #2) series, in this book we get reacquainted with ‘Hope McGrath & Finn West’ and is spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Finn is shrouded in a dark cloud of despair after losing his mate Brandon to the spoils of war and closes himself off from society and lives a life of a recluse, if only Hope would allow him to. Like a sore tooth thumping away in the background Hope doesn’t allow him to drown in
Snow

4 "wouldn't want it any other way" stars

Finn „the Iron Fist“ West

After the devastating loss of his friend Brandon, Finn is a recluse in avoidance of people in general,
Finn is a brooding and quiet, surly even he's not cold. He's not angry, in fact, he was always the calm one..

But under that cover, Finn is a contained storm ready to snap, he just wants to be left alone to do what he does best – fight in the Pit then drown in the regret of his past deeds - of the way he snapped at his ex-wife
Kerry Fletcher
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is not what anyone expected!

After War Poppy put me into a month long grieving period (ok that's a lie I'm still not over it) this one put the biggest sheet kicking smile on my face! I'm a little shook up! It's always risky business reading these two cause well... they're a pair of squirrels. You could get pitch black. You could get ugly cry. You could get contemporary. What did we get here?!?!?! Freaking rom-com!! #GobSmacked

This is Hope and Finn.

Set not long after War Poppy, Hope is
Jan
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Queenie stars

"Red in the head, fire in the hole."

3 Things I did not expect from War Hope:
1) A slow burn romance.... but oh how it was worth the wait
2) A Rom-Com. Absolutely hilarious,filled with quick witted,sarcastic comments that had me laughing out loud repeatedly. I won't think of bingo the same again.
3) Few sex scenes. Yep, I was surprised but did it bother me? hell no! every moment Finn and Hope were together was Like angsty foreplay.

Above everything I'm thanking all that is holy that
E.M. Summers
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: War Hope
Author: Nicole Lynne
Series: War #2
Genre: romantic drama
Heat: 4/5
Rating: 5/5

War Poppy, the first of this series, was one of the most depressing and beautiful books I have had the pleasure of reading. I therefore went into reading this with a small amount of trepidation, hoping it would be a worthy sequel.

Thankfully, it was.

Lovell and Cole have done another excellent job writing out of their comfort zone, while maintaining their typical crude and over-the-top humour. The
J. Lum
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Whereas WAR POPPY (War, #1) left me in a puddle of tears, WAR HOPE (War, #2) has left me laughing in stitches. This book can be read as a standalone, but I would highly recommend reading War Poppy so that you are familiar with some of the references mentioned throughout the book.

Stevie J. Cole and LP Lovell (writing as Nicole Lynne) never fail in giving readers a well-rounded, entertaining story. This book isn't blood and gore, but they give another side of what living with PTSD might look like.
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
War Hope

I waited to read this because I felt unprepared for a follow-up after War Poppy ripped my heart out. I don't what I was waiting for. This book was beautiful. I expected so many tears, but instead what I got was a ton of laughs. I loved it. Hope is a raunchy, foul-mouthed ginger, and Finn is beautifully broken. I loved them together. This book is the perfect follow up to War Poppy.
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
After the devastating ending to Poppy's story I was curious to see how everyone would deal and how things would progress with Hope and Finn. Although this is Hope's story we do get some updates on Poppy and little Patrick. It was painful for them to talk about Brandon but was nice that not only was Hope able to help Finn she also made it possible for Poppy and Finn to get back on track with each other. We know that Hope followed Poppy to London and now there she has found herself alone and ...more
Heather C
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, may-2017
War Hope can be read as a stand alone but after reading War Poppy, I was wrecked. I assumed that War Hope would be similar and just as angsty but it wasn't. Sure, both main characters are fighting their own battles but this story has a much light tone to it. It's funny, sometimes raunchy, and slightly angsty. I will admit that I'm a bit torn. Maybe it's because I'm a angst junky and this was much more lighter, but I didn't feel emotional spent at the end. While I welcome the new change, I think ...more
Tiffany Readz
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Drama, Drama and more Drama.

Shew we, that was like watching a tennis match of feelings, back and forth, back and forth. Unlike War Poppy, War Hope is more of a love triangle of sorts. Chock full of broken and/or hurt people, which for some reason I seem to enjoy.

"We used to be friends. How did I miss the fact that he's become so lost? Perhaps because I'm surrounded by lost peoplewho areall just trying to survivetheshit-showof losingsomeonetheyloved."

As a fixer, Hope has finally met her match
Kerry Melton
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it

Two authors collaborate a story about PTSD, a subject that isn’t really talked about. War Hope is a beautiful story about friendship and love. It’s also about two people who have been effected by this horrible illness in their lives and how moving forward, trying to overcome boundaries, and live a normal life isn’t always easy. I can’t tell you how much this story has made me laugh. The character’s antics are hilarious and well-played. There is always light in the darkness and we just need to
Lee Anne Lane
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where War Poppy destroyed me, War Hope healed me some.

Finn and Hope seemed inevitable as I read War Poppy but feeling the devastating loss of Brandon wiped everything out.

Poppy and Patrick. Thank you for giving Poppy the best part of Brandon, even though I'm heartbroken for everything Poppy has endured with Connor and Brandon.

Hope is a solid friend to Poppy, although changing diapers is outside the realm of acceptable and the antics associated with said diaper changes were absolutely
Nic Spears
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My heart is healed!!! After being completely broken in half reading War Poppy I can honestly say War Hope is the perfect book to heal it.
I have spent the majority of this book either laughing my arse off or wearing a constant smile on my face.

A book of that has been written so beautifully, LP & Stevie (aka Nicole Lynn) has done an absolutely brilliant job yet again.

Finn and Hope's story has been filled with so much emotion, passion, loss and heartbreak you want nothing more for them to find
Jennifer Jones
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Falling on the heels of War Poppy, War Hope picks up a year after Brandon succumbs to the the effects of PTSD. Finn was his fellow fighter, friend, and the one who found him. Hope came to London when her friend, Poppy, moved there. She makes it her mission to make sure that Finn is doing okay, and if she pushes a few of his buttons, then that's okay too.

Finn is quiet and moody and likes order. And Hope is total chaos. She is a hoot! She crashes in and totally endures herself to Finn. But she is
K.M. Lowe
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good!

I've come to enjoy books by LP Lovell and Stevie J Cole. I wasn't as blown away by book 1 of this series, but I was glad that Hope got a book of her own, because she was a strong character in war poppy... AND Hope is still a strong, bubbly character even though we find out why and who broke her heart.
Finn is a good strong character. He has his own issues from belong in a war zone. Hope and Finn are a good couple, but Hope kind of annoyed me in the end with all the swearing. F#kin& and
Erin Paige Bixby
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This story was every bit as emotional as the first, War Poppy. I cried like a little baby during the majority of this story, it was that good. These characters are so well developed and written that they seem to jump off the pages and play out their story right in front of your eyes. They storyline is incredible, such an emotional journey these characters are on, each separately and then together. Reading War Poppy is not essential to knowing what is going on in this story, however it made a ...more
Book-Lover Book Blog
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been so looking forward to this book and it didn't disappoint... in fact, I enjoyed it more than the first!! I loved the drama, the secrets, the humour and the banter. I loved the stuff that Hope came out with, it had me in fits of laughter throughout the whole book.

I'm totally in love with the forever brooding Finn! I loved finding out his past, I loved that he was a mysterious hard man with baggage (they're my favourite type of men!) and I loved his passion!

An absolutely incredible read
Sandra Loves Reading
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LP Lovell and Stevie J Cole at their finest!!!
After having read Pre-War and smiled all the way through it, War Poppy was brilliant and oh so sad...yep, I did cry right at the end. Enter War Hope and I had great hopes for it. Well it far surpassed my high expectations!!!
Hope and Finn. Their love story had me literally crying. With laughter. Many times! I had to stop reading every so often so that I could get my breath back after fits of laughter! A Rom-Com from LP Lovell and Stevie J. Cole!
Read
Deborah
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A masterpiece! I'm still smiling after reading War Hope. Realistic and captivating, Stevie and LP's descriptive writing, humor and angst made this a fantastic read!

Hope is the friend that every needs in their life but so few a granted. Can she break through Finn's walls? Will he ever let her into his heart? A story that's believable and even gave me an HEA! A. Must. Read.
Bry Ann
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awww

Aww this one healed my heart again from war poppy, but it still hurts.

I ended up liking hope and Finn a lot. I wasn’t sure going in :) it was really funny and sweet. Very different from the first one.
Hillary
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sue Sparks
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not nearly as emotional as War Poppy but a good read.
Erin
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Reviewed for Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Link to come
Amo
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
When one book tears you apart one puts you back together.

Hope was amazing a great character and with her having no filter or stop to what she thinks or says which has some funny moments :)
But it's also a girl just trying to move on putting one foot in front of the other and trying to make a way for herself.

Fab read ladies
Amo
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
War Hope by Nicole Lynne (writing duo LP Lovell and Stevie J. Cole) is book two in their War series. It picks up some time after the end of War Poppy, but the devastation and grief is still being felt by all. I highly suggest reading War Poppy first.

Hope McGrath followed her best friend Poppy to London because she needed the escape. After being betrayed and left heartbroken, she needed this new start. Except instead of the excitement of being in a new city, she is surrounded by those trying to
FMR Book Grind
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ERIN'S REVIEW
5 STARS

Maria Angie Mendoza
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When the powerhouse duo of LP Lovell and Stevie J Cole write together, I never know what to expect and that's the greatness of what I have come to love about their reads.
While War Poppy left me an emotional wreck, War Hope had me laughing out loud and wondering so what's next?
The aftermath of PTSD, loneliness, and loss take on a whole new meaning with this book.
I read this book in one big swoop. The characters were well developed, and relatable. The writing was spot on, and I enjoyed every word!
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

War Hope is another emotional and lasting story from Nicole Lynn. In the follow up to War Poppy, War Hope focuses on Hope and Finn. These two, both with their scars, form an unlikely relationship.
As we delve deeper into these characters we begin to see just how rich and multi-dimensional they truly are. I struggled connecting with Hope in the first book, but as I got to know her more, I grew to love her. Selfless, funny, broken, giving, and so very human.
With Finn, we are shown another soldier

• Wire (Wrong #3)
  • War (Wrong #4)
  • Hate Me (Collateral #1)
  • The Enforcer (Bad Romance #2)
  • Hold Me (Collateral #2)
  • Wings (Gilded Cage, #1)
  • If You Dare (Dare #3)
  • I Promise You (Dare #2)
  • Twisted Empire (Dark Dynasty #3)
  • Dirty Rich Secrets: Part Three (Dirty Rich Secrets, #3)
  • Dirty Rich Secrets: Part One (Dirty Rich Secrets #1)
  • The Deception (Filthy Rich Americans, #3)
  • Savage Hunger (Savage Trilogy #1)
  • Torment (Original Sin #2)
  • Vicious King (Dark Dynasty #2)
  • The Initiation (Filthy Rich Americans, #1)
  • Wrath (Part I): A Mafia Romance (Esposito Series Book 1)
  • Heartless Prince (Dark Dynasty #1)
Nicole Lynne is the collaborative pen name for Stevie J. Cole & L.P. Lovell.

War (2 books)