Start by marking “Blindsided” as Want to Read:
Blindsided

Blindsided

Sex and spice and cold as ice.

Those are the facts I uncover about football star Lennox Hardy after a long night of martinis and bad choices. Hardly the stuff of tabloid headlines. Everyone knows the Cougars' star quarterback is a womanizing bad boy whose voicemail is practically set to "no comment."

What they might not know is that the sex? Kind of disappointing.

Of course,
Published March 6th 2017

Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Cute story

I liked this story, it wasn’t raunchy, it wasn’t too sweet and it wasn’t utterly predictable, though some things were, since clues were given ahead of time. I don’t think that really makes them predictable as much as the author wanting the reader to be able to see these things ahead of the actual explanation.

The story is about Sloane, a reporter who has a one night stand with Lennox, a pro football player and finds out she is pregnant. When she turns up after a game to let him know,
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

This story suffers from a bad case of "so not what I expected"-plotline. Others might feel totally different than me but there were several things that totally did not work for me. And while it is well written it was not for me.
Kamilla
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Almost 5 stars.
Scrap
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book

Oh wow wow wow this book was so not what I was expection but it was so much more. It has deception, and lies, It has compassion and hope. It has HOT sexy scenes and Love.

Lennox Hardy (The Iceman) is a star quarterback who has always been considered secretive by the press. His go to "No Comment " is why. After his most recent game he notices a petite beautiful curvy woman in the tunnel back to the locker room, He was instantly attracted
Donna
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this easy flowing story, that is full of surprises and was just really nice to read. The characters were relatable with easy chemistry and a relationship that was just so ment to be.

It more than tricky in the beginning and things go crazy, in comes huge handfuls of deception and lies. Which then turns to compassion and love and slowly but surely it all start coming right. I really like the style in which Ava Ashley writes and find I am coming to the end of a great book before I
Karen Durant
Shelves: reviewed
This book's sure got a bit of everything, from lies, deception, hot sex, a baby, you name it.
Sloan's a reporter who had a one night stand with "Lennox" while attending a fundraiser for a friend, Now she discovers that she's pregnant, but everybody knows Lennox, a football star is as "cold as ice" & never comments on any questions asked by the media. He sees a sexy woman in the tunnel leading to the locker room, but ignores he when he sees that she's got a press card, but then he gets asked a
Carrie K-Ski
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Blindsided is an excellent, emotional page turner. I loved how Ms. Ashley made me feel like I was living the story with the characters. Lennox and Sloan have depth and soul. It's got a little bit of everything for your reading pleasure. A true gem!

This copy given in exchange for an honest review.
Susie Price
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Book! It gets steamy hot, quick so 18 yrs and older is my recommendation!

Flows Fast, good character development throughout the book with am HEA! How can you go wrong with that!

I loved the Twins theme with one being a good guy and one being a Azz Hat! Sloane meets Logan at a fundraiser whom she thinks is Lennox the womanizing Pro Football Player that has never done any interviews, the one that never talks to the Press and as much as Sloane would love to get a story, on this night seeing him
Julie Lavalle
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review:

The book pretty much starts off with Sloane in the bathroom believing she is still fighting a stomach bug, but her friend is not believing that is so with the recent changes in her behavior, including that the smell of the soap is bothering her. Yes, Sloane is pregnant and the only person she has been with is the well know quarterback Lennox Hardy - one night stand. When she confronts him is where is really starts to get good. I will not go into details of
Karen Voitik
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
>Book review – Blindsided

>I am an independent reviewer. This book is a standalone romance with an HEA. Sloane is a reporter, accidentally pregnant from a one night stand with who she thinks is a football quarterback. Confronting Lennox, she finds out the father of her child is actually his less than ethical twin, Logan. The book introduces Lennox as a man whore hothead, but surprisingly redeems him in the end.

>Both Sloane and Lennox seem a little dense to me. She needs a co-worker to te
Zelda
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sloane, an investigative reporter, finds out she is pregnant by a hot football quarterback. When she meets Lennox, he doesn't recognise her and she realises he is missing a scar. An ambitious, irresponsible twin brother is revealed, leading to Sloane making choices which go against her beliefs. Combined with difficult secrets from both their pasts, this makes for an interesting story. I was a bit confused in the beginning when people were briefly mentioned but the author ties it all up nicely in ...more
Krista Richardson
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Received this book as an ARC for an honest review. I was excited to start this book since I've never read a book like this before. And, honestly, I'm glad I did! I loved this book! I loved the chemistry and relationship between Sloane and Lennox! Her life was turned upside down, his life was turned upside down and those who deserved it had their lives turned upside down. It's a beautiful, honest story! Of course, I wouldn't have minded worse happening to Logan but he definitely got his! The buil ...more
Melissa
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kissing a lot of toads before you can find your prince.

Wow, what a great read. This book just pulled me right in. It was very creative and different from some of the other football stories I ve read. Imagine meeting some one told that they were Lennox and really not. Then meeting Lennox and realizing he s not what the media makes him out to be. Finding out, Logan, is who you really met his twin brother who s in politics. This was my first read by this author but will not be my last.
Frances
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, ava-ashley
What a rush!

***ARC provided by author***

Lennox Hardy and Sloane Armstrong couldn't have been more different from each other. A football player and a reporter. Lennox took on the responsibility of his twin brother not knowing that he will end up wanting both in his life. Sloane had a changed of heart once she knew Lennox's true personality. Who would have thought that a tiny reporter will changed the life of a womanizng football player? When all is said and done, when love comes your way, you can
Mary
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is dramatic, suspenseful, captivating and entertaining. It has an interesting storyline with characters that you either love or hate. It's an intense story with lies and betrayal, and love. Sloane is a naive young lady who gets a raw deal. Lennox is the broken, sad hero with a warm heart who wants to rescue her. The relationship between Sloane and Lennox is sweet and romantic, the other parts of the story make it completely engrossing.
Sarah Green
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Snagged as a freebie!

If this isn't free, it's worth every penny charged. Great story line, with some amazing characters. There was a part in the story I thought it was going to go in a different direction, and thought perhaps there was going to be another book. A little disappointed it didn't go that way, more of these two would of been great. Look forward to reading more from Ava Ashley.
Sandra
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Quick, easy romance read. Enjoyable but nothing to make it really stand out. Despite the partying (before meeting the heroine) Lennox is actually a pretty stand up guy. I wasn't happy that Sloane initially agreed to to do the story but I totally get why she would have given her situation at the time. I did think she took way to long to decide not to go through with it given how decent Lennox had been to her.
Ebony
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unexpected twist

Sloane a focused reporter is unexpectedly pregnant. When confronting the father that she had a one night stand with...things take an unexpected turn. He lets her know that she was actually impregnated by his twin brother. Lennox takes her in when his brother refused to take responsibility for his actions and they fall head over heels for each other despite the psycho twin brother.
Roxy Cruz
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a ARC that I am voluntarily leaving a review for. What are the chances that you sleep with one twin, end up prego and then fall for the other brother? I was trying to figure out why Lennox was getting mad so fast and then after discovering what he was was doing I got it. I enjoyed reading it and felt bad for what he has gone thru. I don't want to give to much away. I'm happy that they got married and baby #2.
Audrey Pott
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really hot read Ava does a fantastic job with this storyline with witty banter, conflicting views and family drama lays the foundation for emotional development in this contemporary. Deepening of the characters Lennox and Sloane, along with plot twists will keep the reader hooked, it's smart,fun and sexy the reader will keep turning the pages til the last word. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Sherry Westendorf
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great story. It is very well written. It is funny, exciting, suspenseful and hot. What a surprise she got. A not so exciting night with one and a hot, hot night with the other. The other brother stepped up and did so much. It is well worth reading and I highly recommend it. I was given a review copy and voluntarily review it.
Amy
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Ava Ashley spun a story that grabbed me from the beginning and had me racing to see what was going to happen next. I was pulled in and couldn't wait to hear all of Lennox's history, which was hinted at in small portions along the way. Lennox and Sloan had great chemistry and were fun to read about! This book is definitely an entertaining read and well worth the time!
Jasmine Roman
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

I loved it. It was so funny so freaking funny and sexy but so funny. I recommend this book so much my husband was looking at me funny cause I kept laughing. The characters were great wish there was an epilogue for Lennox I would of loved to hear his POV in the epilogue but other than that it was great. MUST READ
Lori Ackermann
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given an arc copy for an honest review.

I loved this book. What started out as 2 people coming together for the wrong reasons, turned into something more. Lennox and Sloane made the perfect couple, with with some twists and turns, they figure out in the end that they are meant to be together. This is a must read!
Breanna Dalmolin
Loved it

Sloan’s and Lennox are really great together! These two have so my h chemistry it was steaming up the screen of my kindle! Their story is sweet and had a lot of depth! Definitely recommend it!
Maggie2u
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot sexy football star

Lennox was the hot headed QB that everyone wanted, Sloan was the woman who thought she was the only one who didn't, UNTIL SHE GOT TO KNOW HIM. Loved their story!!!!!!!
Carrie
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun, sweet, sexy story!! I love Sloane & Lennox! Their story has some intrigue, and a bit of everything, really. I enjoyed each character & I don't normally like reporter stories, but this was good!! : )
Michele Garmon
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was the best surprise!

Awe Lennox is the best character. I didn't expect this book to be as good as it was. Definitely going to check out this authors other books, well written!
Cydney Berglund
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Book

This was a really sweet book! I love how Lennox was with Sloane. There wasnt a lot of drama but there was a touch. If you're looking for a sweet quick read I recommend this one!
CassieLC
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book. Definitely had a twist in it that I haven't read in any other sports romances that made it all the better!! Lennox and Sloane are just the sweetest couple! I didn't want their story to end!! A must read if you ask me!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Slow and Steady Rush (Sweet Home Alabama, #1)
  • Making Him Sweat (Wilinski's, #1) (Harlequin Blaze #740)
  • Protecting Their Mate: Part One (The Last Pack)
  • Scored
  • Anja's Star (Outer Settlement Agency, #1)
  • A Gypsy's Kiss (The Sectorium #4)
  • Only Desire
  • Irresistible Deceptions
  • Playing with Temptation (Pleasure Cove, #2)
  • The Backup Plan
  • Single (Stockton Beavers, #1)
  • Relentless (Relentless #1)
  • The Quarterback (The Rookies #1)
  • Skin (Broken But... Mending #1)
  • Claiming Carlos (Sanchez Sisters, #2)
  • Playing with Fire (Ecstasy, Colorado, #1)
  • The Bet (Players, #1)
  • Reaching First (The Diamond Brides, #3)
Amazon bestselling author Ava Ashley may look like the girl next door, but her steamy romances reveal a very naughty side. Raised in small town Ohio and now living in Homer, Alaska it’s amazing that she hasn’t increased the average temperature in her area of the state with her steamy writing. And she loves reading new adult romance novels as much as she enjoys writing them.

Ava likes spending time