Start by marking “Rise Of The Rams (Safe Haven, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rise Of The Rams (Safe Haven, #1)

Rise Of The Rams

(Safe Haven #1)

The planet has succumbed to a monstrous virus. Those who die from the infection return as savage predators hell-bent on spreading the virus to the rest of the human population. The UK and Ireland are the last hold-outs, but when the infrastructure supporting their self-imposed quarantine collapses, it's everyone for themselves.

Mike Fletcher and his sister Emma live in Le
Published February 12th 2017 by Headless RAM Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rise Of The Rams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rise Of The Rams

W.J. Watt
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book, nicely paced, good characters , and well written. Christopher Artinian has done a great job on his debut novel and I would recommend this to the fans of the post apoc and zompoc genres
Beverly Laude
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, zombie, 2019, audio, 2017
If you love to read "zombie books", you have to read this one! It grabs you on the very first page & never lets you go!

The book follows the trials of Mike & his siblings, Emma, Sammy & Jake, as they try to live through the horrors of the Reanimated Corpses, better knows as RAMS. After their "safe" place in Leeds seems to be safe no longer, Mike decides they should try to reach the relative safety & isolation of their Grandmother's place in Scotland.

All of the characters are well-
Tracy
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great 1st episode to the RAM's series. Has it all ... Excellent Zombie thrills with fantastic graphics. Character development is relatable and authentic. Actually found myself getting pretty agitated with the patriarch, Farmer Joseph more than once and so wanted to shake him and say:"Man-Up"! Think Mike would have concurred. . . lol!

Mr. Salzman does a wonderful job bringing the story to life with his excellent narration, and hopefully audible makes the rest of this series available sooner rather
Nicky
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found myself holding my breath in anticipation quite a few times while reading Rise of the Rams....some books are just mere stories but good books like this drag you in. I can't wait to get started on the next one!
Alina
Jun 15, 2017 added it
RAMS...well this book tought me a new word! I enjoy reading zompoc stories that are located in The UK because i always find it intriguing how the authors solves the weapon issue...But this book surprised me from the start .
First , you don't have the feeling that this is the book of a first time author, he builds some of the best characters ever, they are layered and have a strong background story and depht...You will start to care about them, and be scared for them...worry as if it is your own
Ziggy Nixon
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: zombie fans who need a quick fix
Recommended to Ziggy by: Kindle Unlimited offer
3+ stars. Not a bad little story, certainly worth reading for all zombie fans like myself.

Zombie tales are my guilty pleasure and though they rarely challenge me or provide earth-shattering story-lines, I do admire anyone who can get past the usual standard formula for the genre by any means possible. "Safe Haven" seems to be a good start then to a series of same even if we are talking slobbering beasts, nasty bandits and what I suspect will eventually turn out to be cult-like survivors. The boo
Tina Gundy
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Safe Haven: Rise of the RAMs, Volume 1 by Christopher Artinian and narrated by S.W. Salzman is solid start to a new zompoc series. If you enjoy a mix of character-driven and plot-driven elements to your Z story, this is the book for you. I do recommend. 4 stars.

What’s it about? Smack dab in the middle of the zombie apocalypse, Mike and Emma learn they are not as safe in the quarantine zones as the higher ups want them to believe. With increasing outbreaks occurring, they take their younger sibl
Simon
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dial Z for Zombie

I'm always a sucker for a good zombie book and this one isn't half bad, good enough that I think I'll carry on until the next one when it comes out and see what the author does with it. Certainly, the epilogue to this one sent a shiver down the spine and was definitely one of the finest moments of the whole book. It's a story set after an initial zombie apocalypse has struck the world and yet Britain and Ireland are still just about holding out.

Of course, as the blurb says and a
Pamela Kelley
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so, so happy that I stumbled upon this book. It's no easy task to find a book in the zombie genre that is written well, but I managed to do just that when I discovered this one. In this genre, you get a lot of books that have poor grammar, poor spelling, missing words, bad punctuation, etc. When it comes to all of that, this book was 99% great. It was easy to read and flowed really well.

As for the plot of the book, it was a great story and was well written. I liked that it started after the
RJ
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We’re invited to a world-wide viral apocalypse from the shores of the United Kingdom. Great Britain and Ireland are the remaining strongholds of civilization. I’m usually not a fan of British local stories due to the sometimes difficult to understand accent that accompanies such stories. In this case, I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted without said accent. Our protagonist Mike Fletcher lives with his sister Emma in Leeds. Mike is a decent guy who will do anything to protect those he loves. ...more
Joan
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
A devastating virus has engulfed the world but the UK and Ireland have survived so far. Mike and his sister Emma along with their younger step brother Jake and step-sister Sammy are making do in Leeds. When the collapse begins Mike decides to head to their grandmother's in the northern part of Scotland. While packing up to leave, the gunfire and screams become louder and closer. Pounding on the door Lucy, a doctor and Stephanie, a nurse are rescued by Mike. Luckily they have arrived with an ambu ...more
Mrs Sue Jackson Mike Jackson
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Book

This is one of those books that you know right from page one that you are going to love it and love it I did.
This is a beautifully written book whose characters draw you in and make you care about them right from the start. A fast paced story line with twists and turns that you just don't see coming.
I love the author's description of the RAMs, painting a brilliant minds eye picture of his disgusting creations!!! This, together with a gripping story and such likeable characters make f
Todd Bennett
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This first book in the 'Safe Haven' series had me engrossed by page 1. I couldn't put the book down because it was so action packed, I just wanted more!!!
You immediately get a feel for each character and know them distinctly by their names.
I highly recommend this series to anyone that loves the zombie apocalypse genre, but tired of the same 'ol slow, rotting, predictable munchers.
These zombies are dead, but retain the speed and desire to infect anyone they can catch, which could be you if you're
Shanna Tidwell
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a really good book. Great take on zombies and how it could be temporarily contained if government got their crap together. Still there are no absolutes and always human error. Can’t wait for the next installment because I need to know what happens with Joseph..... can’t say it’s a secret when even he doesn’t know what’s going on with him. Can’t help but feel other would recognize it in him but then that would make for a different story.
Salzman did an amazing job narrating! He always doe
Gareth
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombie
Wow

What can i say about this book. I've read many zombie books over the years and even more so since I got kindle unlimited, however this one is one of the best.

Action packed from the start to finish with very relatable and likable characters, the book stands above most of the others available. I know one of the characters is due to die and i can predict the outcome of it, however as proven with the interrogating chapter in this book, things don't always happen the way you think they would!

Brill
David Breeden
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Always good to have another setting. England is an island that can control the world from the outside. Maybe not, but there are worse things than Zombies…living people. Sometimes and someone at times have to get their hands dirty…for family & friends. Following the Fletcher & friends through their journey for a safe place is dangerous. Just when you think you can let your guard down…it happens. Never safe, never say you’re sorry, just keep on moving. Relationships can appear and disappea ...more
David Coker
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's all about family

When the civilized world crumbles all that matters is family. Mike is the kind of man we would all aspire to be or to know. Keeping the family together and as safe as possible. In this world created by Artinian you just know that safety is just a relative term. Great story. Skillfully drags you in and gets you attached to the characters like you are there. But are they safe or is this only the calm in the eye of the storm?
Marlene Hansen
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wowza!!

This was my first book by Author Christopher Artinian and I'm very impressed. The zompoc market is filled with so many bad stories now days that I'm leery about trying new books in this genre. I am so happy to say that this is a GOOD one! Thank you Christopher for a terrific, action packed, scary, suspenseful, emotional story. I was literally crying during the first chapter. I'm excited to see how it continues on, so I'm off to purchase Book 2.
April
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Definitely one of the be best zombie series in this genre! It is unique in that it is set in the UK. The characters are very likable and best of all they are just normal every day folks on a mission... to stay alive and protect their friends and family. No supped up super soldiers here. Held my attention from page 1 until the very end. Anxiously awaiting the release of book 4 and book 5. Can't go wrong with this series! 5 Stars!
timj26
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Must read for zombie fans
I liked that a majority Of zombie kills are hand to hand combat made it more entertaining
The characters and narrator are great I liked how he kept the accent Subtle
Can’t wait for more of this series on audio
I received a free review audiobook and voluntarily left this review
Deedra
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audible:Awesome story!Narration on the other hand was a bit awful.S.W. Salzman TRIES and sometimes succeeds to do an accent.He has a nice voice,but the New york/cockney/burr whatever he was using just made me want to scream.I was given this book by the narrator,author or publisher free for an honest review.
Lisa Jo Joseph
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this book so much I am now on book 3 I also have now fallen in love with Mike Flecther Seriously, this is awesome character, he has his issues but the good in him outweighs them I been reading this series almost nonstop , Every page I'm holding my breath, for the next page
PHYL
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. It is a Must Read in the dystopian horror genre. The creatures are the stuff of nightmares, not your shambling slow walking zombies, monsters in the truest sense of the word. Well developed characters.
Nollaig Kelly
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The RAMS are coming

And it's up to a lad called Mike to keep his family and friends alive

Zombies are around and people are watching them on to as the government as everything is under control......

....but it's not you know
Jessica
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Main character is a bit super human, but not unbelievable. Moved well despite a relative short passage of time. Perfect amount of character development. Looking forward to the next book.
Carly Kirk
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku-2017
Great read

I found this series because of the author's short story in "Undead Worlds: A Reanimated Writers Anthology"

This is another good solid zombie book with really great characters. I really have to find out what happens next to the whole group.
Laurie C.
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SAFE HAVEN

I knew as soon as I started reading this book that I was not going to be sleeping until I finished the last chapter! Great characters that are likable flaws and all. The story's undead have been tweaked and creep you out more. I am definitely going on to book 2.
Matt Hay
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read. I really enjoyed the story and the pace of the plot. Mike and the others are fantastic characters and seeing the challenges that they overcome was fun to read. I look forward to reading book 2.
Laurie Mault
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I absolutely loved this book. The way the author built his characters was incredible. They became my friends almost immediately. The zombies were different than any others I have read about! I am excited for his other books.
Louise Feagans
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Safe Haven

This is the first book by Christopher Artinian that I have read and what a good read it was. I had been want I Nguyen to read this book as it has been on my tbr lists for a while so I had to move it to the top.
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Combine editions - ISBN and ASIN 3 204 May 21, 2018 04:28AM

• Return of the Phoenix
  • Jacob's Odyssey
  • Twisted World (Twisted Series, #1)
  • Trying to Survive (Part 1)
  • Mutation Z: The Ebola Zombies (Mutation Z, #1)
  • The Darkest Days (Death & Decay #0.5)
  • Reclamation (Dead, #10)
  • Karen's First Day (The Infected, #2)
  • Emergence 3: Incursion
  • The Wild Country (Living with the Dead #4)
  • Where The Dead Men Lie (Secret Apocalypse, #3)
  • The Ways (Diary of the Displaced, #3)
  • The Dead Road: Vol. 1 - Isolation
  • Turn (Humanity's Edge Trilogy #1)
  • Monsterland (An Apocalyptic Horror)
  • Flotilla of the Dead  (Sovereign Spirit Saga, #2)
  • Necropolis (The Shadow Wars, #1)
  • Anything can be Dangerous
To stay up to date with all the very latest news, don't forget to join the mailing list: http://eepurl.com/diGtfv

Christopher Artinian was born and raised in Leeds, West Yorkshire. Wanting to escape life in a big city and concentrate more on working to live than living to work, he moved to the Outer Hebrides in the north-west of Scotland in 2004, and has lived there ever since with his wife and dog

Safe Haven (6 books)
  • Before Safe Haven: Lucy (Safe Haven #0.1)
  • Before Safe Haven: Alex (Safe Haven #0.2)
  • Realm of the Raiders (Safe Haven, #2)
  • Reap of the Righteous (Safe Haven, #3)
  • Ice (Safe Haven #4)
“We’re going to have to use what’s at our disposal. So we’ll dig some pit traps, y’know, like bear hunters used to use in America.” 0 likes