Start by marking “For a Good Time, Call...” as Want to Read:
For a Good Time, Call...

For a Good Time, Call...

(Scars #1)

This is an alternate-cover edition for B011GGSY5Y.

Hunter is on the run from a past he wants nothing more than to forget about. He settles into his new life in a new city with a sexy new neighbor who goes out drinking every night and seems to have a lot of kinky, fantastic sex every day.

Fiona has more than a few scars from her past, nightmares so bad she cant be in her own
Published July 11th 2015

To ask other readers questions about For a Good Time, Call..., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For a Good Time, Call...

Sabrina
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Fiona isn't the good girl next door. Far from it, actually. Her loud sex noises while she's on her "business" calls will disturb your afternoon, her stumbling home drunk at five in the morning will wake you up, and her penchant for wearing the smallest amount of clothes while on her balcony will have you drooling. But for Hunter she's the perfect neighbor to have because she gives him something else to think about besides the life he ran from. After he saves her from an assault outside of their
Ashleyjo

Hell, shit, damn, expletive, expletive, and more expletives!

Have you ever read a book that frustrates you to the point of spewing expletives and being completely at a loss on how the fuck to rate the shit? Ever read a book that you love the characters and you are engrossed in the plot, BUT there's also some unforgivable element(s) that make you want to rip out an author's fingernails?

Writing

THE BAD!

description

The author didn't even put up the pretense of effort when it came to grammar. She just decide
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
I really loved the first 75% and the last 5%. But there was some parts that just really made me dislike Hunter and made him look incredibly weak. 3 months forgotten in less than 24 hrs? That made Fiona look weak. But I'm just mad. I still loved the story and really love the way Jessica grabs you with one liners, suspense and incredibly emotional plots. I really fell hard with these characters and I think that's why I feel like my own heart was broken. Then I can't read Isaiah and it's broken all ...more
Nikki ღ Navareus
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hot-hero, reviewed
I wasn't sure what I thought I was getting into with this story. I thought it might be one of those shallower type of stories of two people getting together after having phone sex.

This was so not the case. This is a story of young Fee, who ends up as a phone sex operator as a way of getting by after escaping her messed up family. Fee has some serious issues of her own.

Then she meets her sexy neighbor Hunter who lives right next door. The two become friends and lovers, and Hunter helps Fee overc
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a pleasantly surprising read. With the synopsis I expected a pretty shallow but sexy read, and that's not what it was at all! It was surprisingly deep in that both characters had some big issues that they were dealing with (mainly Fiona), and it invoked some emotions from me to where I was really rooting for their happiness. And finally, I got a book that had enough closure -- it has a super sweet epilogue at the end that made me feel good for the couple.

Brief S
boogenhagen
Maria
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story, nicely paced, well written and strong characters!
This book had all those and I enjoyed it very much.
Looking forward to Dissent and others from Jessica Gadziala.

4.5 "neighborly" stars.
Sabrina
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Not-some-meek-shrinking-violet Stars

I wasn't expecting the hint of darkness at all!! Even though the other 2 books are not a fun walk in the park, Fiona's story got me hooked and worried all along!

The brutality of her past, his secret family issues, the intense sex scenes and their tenderness made this story so easy to read.

What it was missing was the hot and awesome side kick but I got a glimpse of the Mallicks, so Im fine with that....oh and also, I would have made him beg a little bit mor
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

I'm not sure where to start with this one. Parts of it were hard to read about. I don't think the synopsis does the book credit and a lot of people will pass over it because of the phone sex. Silly people, this book is so much more than that!

description

Fee had so much trauma from her past, but she was doing what she could to keep the demons away. I liked her, she had a lot of spunk, especially at the end of the book.

"The nights were the hardest to get through alone in a small apartment with the memories m
Selene
I'll be honest. This book was a solid three-star read for me up until the seventy-eighth percent mark. Having read all of Jessica Gadziala's books in the Henchmen and Savages series, there were some characters mentioned in her other books that I've been dying to know about, and this book happened to feature one of those members and I didn't even realize it until the end of the book! The main character's name seemed familiar to me, but I hadn't made that connection early on! Yeah, I could kick my ...more
J
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This Jessica Gadziala book I had a hard time with. The others I've read were really good, this one was just okay. Our heroine was a basket case when the book started, ready for a mental institution. She was a phone sex operator from home during the day and drank all night at various bars leaving with various people so she didn't have to sleep at home in the dark. Seems she was horribly abused as a child by a devoutly religious father who took the Bible quite literally. Oh, and she also had a sid ...more
✴ Cindy ✴
🌟🌟🌟🌟

I really enjoyed this story even though it's dark in places. Fiona had a horribly strict childhood. I truly felt for her and what she suffered through. It was different than what I assumed which made me want to know more when she finally started to reveal details.

The hero, Hunter, was okay. I didn't have strong feeling's one way or the other. I guess that had to do with the fact that although it was dual POV's, we got very little of his POV.

The author chose to tackle a delicate issue: Cutt
Fatimama
Nov 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
Omg why do I so this to myself?! I should have remembered all the other reviews. The Zero disappears for 3 months with nary a word and just waltzes back into the heroine’s life. And the doormat heroine jut lets him walk all over her in welcome. I’m so pissed off!! 😡
Briana Pacheco
This story....damn! I wasn't expecting all that. What Fiona went through as a child, broke my heart and left me disgusted. It's unbelievable how such violent things can happen to a person and be considered 'discipline'. It's not right.

If you go into this book blind, then you'll think this book is light and fluffy, dealing with a phone sex operator. You'll be 50% right. Fiona is a phone sex operator. Light and fluffy is nowhere on the scale to describe this book. It's heartbreaking, and devastati
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
This author is new to me and when I read the book about Shane I was very curious about Hunter and Fee.
It was a nice surprise and the story is very good. Recommend!

"The ax forgets, but the tree remembers".

"So," I said, breaking the impossible silence, "if I walk out on my tab tonight..." I saw the knowing smile on Hunter's face while I spoke, "which one of them is gonna break my kneecaps?"
JadeShea
Fiona is doing everything she can to avoid the past, and the way she grew up. That involves drinking a lot, and being just generally destructive. But, when she gets a new neighbor and has an instant attraction to him things start to spiral out of control.

Hunter is also running from his past, and he has no idea how to move forward, but he wants to try with Fiona. But, when the past catches up with both of them it may be too late.

This book was a major surprise. It is a contemporary type of book
~ Cariad ~
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMFG I just loved Hunter so much!!!...
description

What an AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME read!!!

I needed this today and as always JG delivered
description

Straight into Shane for me!!

Lea Bourg'
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
French & English reviews

ENFIN l'histoire de Hunter et Fiona !! J'avoue avoir d'abord lu l'histoire de tout le monde avant de réaliser que ce livre existait xD
J'ai adoré leur histoire, j'ai eu un coup de cœur pour leur rencontre, Fiona m'a enchanté avec ses démons, son côté fragile mais aussi son côté girly (le cactus <3) et son côté badass >< et j'ai beaucoup aimé Hunter, son humour et son côté alpha sexy =D
Petit bémol toutefois : la famille Mallick que j'avais adoré dans leur série
TheDollyMama65
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darkly Inspiring

This book was powerful...it did not shy away from pain and the darkness that follows it like a never-ending shadow. As book one of this author's "Scars" series, the story certainly portrays a wounded soul scarred by years of brutal abuse. The author does a hauntingly good job at painting a brutally honest picture of how someone learns to cope with extreme abuse.

The female lead character, Fiona, is beautifully, but profoundly broken. She trades her pain for more pain using cutti
Carla
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny and sexy! But at the same time, full of darkness and pain.
A M A Z I N G F I V E S T A R S !
This book was too much! I enjoyed every little part of it and couldn’t put it down, I’m literally writing my review at work, after sneaking a quick read to finish the book a while ago.!
Fiona is a strong woman, who does what she wants when she wants it and doesn’t take crap from anyone, she is a survivor and she has learned that she doesn’t need anyone.
And then comes Hunter, he is strange and intense,
Stina Rubio
Sometimes when I have a hard time picking a book I just start reading one, and For a Good Time, Call was that book. The book was all in all a good read, I enjoyed it. I give this book 4.5 stars, the only reason for this was because I got confused a little toward the end, but nothing to mess up the story line. If you are looking for something quick to read, and a book with serious male hotness, this is the book for you.
There was a part in the book and I will not say what, but it had me interested
Amanda S.
What a treat!

I didn't expect anything when I read this book and turns out it's a roller coaster ride! Sure there are parts that I don't like and feels unresolved but overall I enjoyed this book. I was hoping Hunter could be a bit more Alpa-ish though, because he's way too meek for his own good. I want to see him stronger than ever because Fiona needs a man to rely on.

Look forward to read more from Jessica Gadziala!
Nadré Wiggill
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I've got a girl crush... Seriously. Fiona is the snarkiest, coolest female character I've read in a long time. Don't get me wrong, Hunter is HOT, but I fell a little harder for Fee...

As with all the books I've read from her so far, I love the story! A classic story with a different twist that doesn't conform to all the old clichés. This book has given me quite the hangover.

I highly recommend!
Kami
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really liked this book - the author has a strong writing style; a few minor editing issues, but not enough to make a difference to me. This was a beautiful story of pain, redemption and healing. The only thing I would've like to see was a little more meat on the bone during the resolution. And on another note, this girl can write a HOT freakin' sex scene!!! I will definitely be reading anything she writes in the future!
MeganTheNinja
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bitch-tits
Oh man, sooo good!! If you're like me, slow on the up and up, and are just now getting around to reading the rest of Miss Jessica Gadziala's books, then this book needs to be added to you "need to read" queue. Fiona is a savage, Hunter was her solid alpha support, and their friendship/ relationship/ warring neighbor-ship was extremely funny at times, seriously heartbreaking at others, but in the end will make you a melty sap of love <3
Cindy ~
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book I've read from this author (following Monster) and I love her writing style. Dark, tortured, sometimes twisted characters whose stories are not for the faint at heart yet they are always infused with humor that not everyone may get but as I have a warped sense of humor I totally get it.
Kodie Mackay
all kinds of fucked up brilliance.

I read this book before but honestly cannot remeber when and because I just read Shane's book I thought I'd have a refresh before reading Isaiahs book.

I just love all this authors books she writes pure magic and never fails to suck me into the story.

This book is no different.
Cami
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 dark stars!
This book had so much more to it then I thought it was going to have. It was dark & twisty but such a good read!! I really enjoyed it & cannot wait to read another one of her books!
Gabba
Me da la sensación que es más de lo mismo, las características de los personajes me recordó a sus otros libros. Veremos qué onda.

Una historia para pasar el rato; tiene un algo, pero tampoco me voló la cabeza.
  • Capital Risk (The Legacy, #3)
  • Punished into Submission (Master & Mistress, #1)
  • Lilith Rising 1969
  • How Beauty Loved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #3)
  • White (Black, #3)
  • Charity's Warrior (Charity, #1)
  • From The Ruins
  • Rip's Baby: Hounds of Hades MC
  • Solid (The Twin Duo, #2.5)
  • Sociopath's Obsession (Sociopath Duet, #1)
  • Enthralled (Viking Lore, #1)
  • Escaping the Blackness (Cooper Brothers #1)
  • Hometown Star (Hometown Alaska Men, #1)
  • Captive of the Hitman (Hitman #4)
  • Brutal (Detroit After Dark, #1)
  • Spider's Lullaby (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter #1.5)
  • The Daring Assignment (Curvy Assignments #1)
  • Paths (The Killers #2)
Jessica Gadziala is a full-time writer, parrot enthusiast, and coffee drinker. She enjoys short rides to the book store, sad songs, coffee in Big Gulp-sized cups, and cold weather, and has recently developed an unhealthy obsession with acquiring houseplants. She lives in New Jersey with seven parrots and six dogs.

She is a big believer in snark, strong secondary characters, and bada$$ women.

She is

Scars (2 books)
  • Dissent
“I hope one day, darling, that you will know the touch of a man who loves you. I pray you will know how wonderful that is. How rare and beautiful. How godly. Even if it isn't within the union of marriage. It isn't wrong. Nothing is more right.” 4 likes
“I could have accepted that. I would have taken any tiny scrap he fed to me. I would have made a fucking feast of it. But, no, he had chosen to starve me instead.” 2 likes