Start by marking “More Than We Can Tell (Letters to the Lost, #2)” as Want to Read:
More Than We Can Tell (Letters to the Lost, #2)

More Than We Can Tell

(Letters to the Lost #2)

*While this book exists in the same universe as Letters to the Lost, it is a standalone title.*

Rev Fletcher is battling the demons of his past. But with loving adoptive parents by his side, he’s managed to keep them at bay...until he gets a letter from his abusive father and the trauma of his childhood comes hurtling back.

Emma Blue spends her time perfecting the computer g
Published March 6th 2018 by Bloomsbury Children's

To ask other readers questions about More Than We Can Tell, please sign up.
Brigid They're very present!! I would say that Declan and Juliet are as present in this book as Rev was present in LETTERS TO THE LOST.
Brigid MORE THAN WE CAN TELL is coming out March 2018.

Warda
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-fell-in-love
*WAILS*
I WANT MORE!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Add this to your TBR, nerds. You can thank me later.

As for the review, let me start off by mentioning some trigger warnings. This book speaks quite heavily on psychical and psychological abuse.

And that my review will do no justice to express what I feel towards this book, since words can be inadequate. Or my talent in conveying my emotions into words just lacks.

I honestly appreciated every single page, every single word Kemmerer wrote. I loved this book for wh
Tan Markovic
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviews can be found at: www.booknerdtan.wordpress.com

5/5 stars.

Oh, my heart aches...

I picked up Letters to the Lost on a whim earlier this year and ended up falling in love with the story and all of the characters - it genuinely took me by surprise. One of my favourite characters, and I'm sure most people who have read Letters would agree, had to be Rev. His story was touched upon in Letters and I was so excited when I saw More Than We Can Tell was available on Netgalley and I was given a cop f
jessica
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘letters to the lost’ was one of my favourite books of 2017, so you can imagine how hyped i was for this. and i had no doubt it would meet my expectations and more. kemmerer has such a unique way of bringing characters to life. although they do tend to have tragic and emotional backgrounds, it just makes reading about their growth all the more relatable and realistic. i really enjoyed this and im keeping my fingers crossed that there will be a book #3!

Sana
three words: REV FUCKIGN FLETCHER

sorry can't see anything through these tears, goodbye and goodnight, I'll just lie down here and cry until I die.

Buddy read with the first cycle
C.G. Drews
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Honestly I was so excited when I heard this book existed! The #1 thing I said when I finished Letters to the Lost was: "I want REV'S STORY." (Also I freaking love what is full name is and why he chose it.) And omg we got Rev's story. Afjdskald. Although it didn't quite live up to LtTL for me, I still liked it a lot!!

I also confess I tried the audiobook...but it was full on ruining the book for me. I ended up ditching it and going to an ebook. But like the narrators' voices were so abrasive and a
Christy
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

photo IMG_2822_zps6keonllc.png
Gosh, I adored this book. The hero, Rev, is such a wonderful and endearing character. It’s emotional, sweet, and sucked me in from the start.

Emma Blue is a high schooler, a gamer, and a creator. In fact, she created the game that she’s currently playing. She’s going through a tough time right now with her parents fighting all the time, and sometimes she just has to get away. When she takes her do
Brigid
Jul 16, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I updated the summary/description to make it clear that while this book exists in the same universe as Letters to the Lost, it's a standalone title. You do not need to read Letters to the Lost to understand anything in this book. Letters was Declan and Juliet's story, and MTWCT is Rev and Emma's story. :-)
may ❀

my only outstanding personality trait is my love rev fletcher

RTC
4.5 stars!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the first book was literally my everything so IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS ONE FT. MY BABY REV

Buddy read with meme monster
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 Letters to the Lost ★★★★★
#2 More Than We Can Tell ★★★☆☆

After the absolute delight that was Letters to the Lost – and, even more, considering how much I adored Rev’s character in that book – I thought there was no way this book could be anything less than a home run for me. Unfortunately, I think I may have overestimated this one. I tried to write a standard review of this book, but honestly, there’s just not that much to say about it, so instead, I’ll give you a list of what I liked, and what
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
***4.5/5 Stars***

More Than We Can Tell was an emotional book that was the perfect mixture of heart-wrenching and oh so sweet. So I definitely wasn't surprised that I had tears in my eyes, when I was only a few chapters into this story. It was a testament to how easily these characters captured my heart. And while this can be read as a standalone, I recommend picking up Letters to the Lost too. That story first introduced us to Rev, and it was one of my favorite books from last year.

I think of
Jessica
Heavy sigh.

This is actually really difficult to rate and review. I’ll have to divide my review into The Good vs. The Bad.

Let’s start with what I liked.

The Good:

This really was a good book. I’m a fan of Kemmerer’s writing, she’s a great storyteller who manages to grab your attention and won’t let it go throughout the story. I loved her Elemental series and I really liked the preceeding novel to this one, Letters to the Lost. Thing is, I’m mostly reading contemporary YA for the swoony, cutesy rom
Beth
Thank you Netgalley for providing me an arc in exchange for an honest review

Trigger Warning: Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Violence

4 Stars!

When I first read Letters to the Lost, I loved the characters in that book, Rev was 100000% included, in fact he was probably my favourite, and this time around we got Revs story and my heart is bursting with love for him. I knew this book was going to be slightly darker, but it had to be as we only knew bits and pieces of Revs story.

It starts off with Emma who is a g
R.F. Gammon
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
EDIT: Taking this down to 2 stars because I really can't justify three xD

*cries* This started out so good, too!

I'm sick of something, and it is this:

I WANT TO SEE CHURCH PEOPLE DEPICTED IN YA WHO ARE NOT OUT TO TWIST SCRIPTURE AND HURT PEOPLE.

Rev's dad was a horrible person, it's true. Men like him exist. Many, many people out there have been hurt by the church. I'VE been hurt by the church. And yet, I've pushed through. I know many, many people who have pushed through.

I'm so frustrated by th
Amelia
I picked up this book not knowing it was a companion novel to Letters to the Lost. Although I would have liked to read that first, I started reading More Than We Can Tell and I absolutely loved it.

You can read this book without reading Letters to the Lost.

There were so many things in this book that I don't often read about. I thought it was very realistic. I enjoyed every single page and the more I read the more I loved it!

Now I do need to read Letter to the Lost.
Roobie
4 stars

We all have free will, Rev. If it's a test for you, it's a test for me, for Mom, and even a test for your father. You could look at all of life as a test. No one lives in a vacuum. Our actions have an impact on everyone around us. Sometimes without us even realizing it.

A test implies that you alone are being challenged. But that's impossible when you're surrounded by others whose actions affect your decisions.

If there's any test here, it's one you've created for yourself.

Apart from t
megs_bookrack
I am currently 75% through Letters to the Lost and knew that I had to buy this so I can follow-up with Rev. I am loving Brigid Kemmerer's writing so much - it is so deep and moving and beautiful. I found it on Book Outlet, so yah, it's on its way to me as I type. I cannot wait to get it and read it up!!
Merphy Napier
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the companion to Letters To The Lost

Letters to the Lost focused more on the Romance, More Than We Can Tell focuses more on family, friendships, and individual struggles, and there's a really cute romance thrown in there too :)

This book was phenomenal! Getting to go deeper into Rev's life and his struggles is so amazing and so heartbreaking and seeing him navigate these things with the support of his best friend (Declan) and his amazing adopted parents was the best experience. Rev and Dec
Alana • thebookishchick
I WILL DIE FOR REV FLETCHER.
NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

I will legitimately do anything to make this poor tortured man smile.

Get your survival kits ready because you're going to need them.
(Make sure they include a ton of tissues)

You can find my full review HERE

OR

Here's a list of things you can expect:

-a lump in your throat 90% of this book from withholding SO MANY tears
-gamer girls, YES PLS
-strong male friendships are the new black
-Rev's entire backstory which basically ruined my life
-an annoying yet
Karima chermiti
1)Letters to the Lost: 3 stars

Full review posted

It’s rare that I feel the same feelings about two books in the same series, Usually I love one more that the other or I’m impressed by one slightly more but with this duology, I feel the about the second book the same way I felt about the first one. Which means that I like the way this book explores a lot of important issues but at the same time I’m not that mov
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

Last year Letters to the Lost was one of my top ten reads so it was pretty much a no brainer that More Than We Can Tell would be high on my priority list of must read books for 2018.

Throw in that this is Rev's story and yeah, I wasn't missing out on this for the world.

Kemmerer has done as amazing job of sliding right into the YA Contemporary genre. Not only was this just as beautiful, just as emotional as it's predecessor but I think it even went a step further.

The feels people, they
Zainab
Okay but I liked it more than Letters To The Lost...?
I was actually dreading reading this because I loved LTTL so much and was scared that the second part might not be just as good but damnnnnn.
I just finished this book and it's (unexpectedly) hard to process what just happened. There were some parts that had me all happy and giddy but at the same time all emotional and shit. I mean I know I loved Juliet and Declan but Rev and Emma? Wow, just wow.

description
Emma
Nov 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm sad to say, I didn't enjoy this book as much as I did the previous one. I don't think the author gave it as much care and time she did Declan's book. And that's a shame bc Rev had so much potential to be a great character considering I was (and obviously, everyone else) already invested in him before reading his story. Yes he is still amazing, but his pov didn't intrigue me like I expected and after all the build up considering his abusive father, the conclusion felt anticlimactic.
Zain Otoom
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
The characters are so wonderfully flawed and human.
I loved this book.
ℨαrα
Things I liked:
◘ If anyone knows me by now, you know that contemporary romance isn’t my favourite genre, and books from this genre that I really like are few and far between.
◘ Seriously, I can count the ones Ive really liked on one hand. And two of those are written by Brigid Kemmer so
◘ In this book, I’d say that it deals with heavier topics than even Letters to the Lost. So be aware that it deals with physical and emotional abuse and sexual assault. It also deals with cyberbullying.
◘ I lov
Cri (PaperbacksandPizza)
English/Italiano

First of all, I have to say I am not a native english speaker so, please, I prefer to not be attacked, if I made any mistakes. Instead of do that, it would be nice if you corrected me, thank you :)

Most importantly, I would like to thank NetGalley and publishers for allowing me to read this book. Thank you very much.

RELEASE DATE: MARCH 6, 2018. TODAY!!

It was a little bit difficult reading this book, not due to how was the book itself, but I had problems with the app. I contacted

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
5 stars for Rev and 4 stars for Emma.

I became a fan of Brigid Kemmerer when I read Letters to the Lost. I was deeply touched by her realistic writing. She writes flawed characters. They have doubts. They make mistakes. They have weaknesses. That’s probably why they are so deeply moving because everyone could see himself or a loved one or a friend in her characters.

In Letters to the Lost we already get to know some of Rev’s dark and difficult childhood but the spotlight was on his friend Decla
Sophie Elaina
I was thrilled when my request on NetGalley for this book was accepted and I am even more thrilled now that I've read it, because this was a seriously wonderful read. This is filled with both an extremely deep and impactful plot and a lovely set of characters that are so well developed. Since reading Letters to the Lost I've been waiting for more from Brigid Kemmerer. That book was one of the best books I read last year so the fact that this was almost as good is phenomenal. I do think I still p ...more
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
4.5 STARS

Emma is being stalked by an online predator but won’t tell her feuding parents. While walking her dog, she encounters Rev, a brooding classmate known as Grim Reaper. Hiding beneath a hoodie, Rev isn’t grim, but his is in pain from his biological father’s abuse and tries to hide from his adoptive parents. Rev and Emma slowly open up to each other, but danger lurks near for each.

MORE THAN WE CAN TELL has all the right elements of a great book, complex and sympathetic characters, great wri
Stacee
I loved the glimpses of Rev that we got in Letters to the Lost, so I was beyond excited to see he was getting his own story.

Rev is strong and good and struggles to believe that. Emma is smart and maybe lacking on personal interaction. Together they are broken, but find something they needed in each other. I loved seeing Geoff and Kristin and Declan and Juliet. Matthew was an interesting addition and I would have loved just a little bit more with him.

Plot wise, it is just as heart wrenching as
Ishmeen
3.5/5 stars!! Letters to the Lost was one of my favourite reads of 2017 so I would like to thank the publishers from Netgalley for providing me an arc for Rev's story. First of all, I really liked meeting Emma and getting to know more about Rev! However in terms of the romance I was hoping for a bit more - it was cute and unique but there wasn't as much of a spark between the two that there was between Juliette and Declan which I was hoping for. I also found the plot a bit slow paced and repetit ...more
ethan 2 14 Mar 26, 2018 09:03AM
  • The Devil's Trill Sonata (Vivaldi in the Dark #2)
  • Because of You
  • Unfinished Business (Beggars and Choosers, #2)
  • Saturday Night (Saturday Night, #1)
  • Tristant and Elijah
  • The Build-up Season
  • Found
  • Truly, Wildly, Deeply
  • Other Worlds
  • The Cost of Loving (Unconditional Love, #2)
  • The Bravest Thing
  • Breaking Saint Jude
  • 366 Days
  • Run, Riot
  • Sacrificed (Little Boy Lost, #6)
  • All the Little Bones (Circus Hearts, #1)
  • I Am Out With Lanterns
  • Made of Stars
Brigid Kemmerer is the author of dark, contemporary Young Adult romances like MORE THAN WE CAN TELL and LETTERS TO THE LOST (Bloomsbury), as well as paranormal YA novels like THE ELEMENTAL SERIES and THICKER THAN WATER (Kensington). Her next book will be her first foray into YA Fantasy, with A CURSE SO DARK AND LONELY, available January 2019 wherever books are sold. Brigid lives in the Baltimore a ...more

Letters to the Lost (2 books)
  • Letters to the Lost (Letters to the Lost, #1)
“We all push sometimes, just to make sure someone is on the other side, pushing back.” 32 likes
“No one lives in a vacuum. Our actions have an impact on everyone around us. Sometimes without us even realizing it.” 15 likes