Start by marking “So I Married a Sorcerer (The Embraced #2)” as Want to Read:
So I Married a Sorcerer (The Embraced #2)

So I Married a Sorcerer (The Embraced #2)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  1,498 Ratings  ·  327 Reviews
Growing up on the Isle of Moon, Brigitta knows nothing of her past, except that she is Embraced: born with powers that forced her into hiding. Everything changes when she learns she’s a princess, hidden away from her villainous half-brother who now rules the kingdom. But he knows about Brigitta, and he’ll do anything to get her back. Unless a certain roguish pirate has any ...more
Published August 29th 2017 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about So I Married a Sorcerer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about So I Married a Sorcerer

Carol [Goodreads Addict]

So I Married a Sorcerer is book two in The Embraced series by Kerrelyn Sparks. Even though it’s on my list of books to read, I have not read the first book in this series yet. Even though this is labeled a stand alone, I admit that in the beginning, I struggled a bit with understanding all of the details of this world. Kerrelyn has taken great pains and constructed a very detailed setting. In time, I found my way and thoroughly enjoyed this book. There was so much more to these main characters t
Jilly
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fantasy
The second book in the series and I think you really need the first one to get it. The world is pretty complicated to just walk into without some set-up, but it's worth it to learn. Also, these stories have a bit of a retelling-fairy tales thing going. The first one had a slight Beauty and the Beast, and this one has a tiny Snow White feel. They are not retellings, exactly, but just have a few similarities.

I kept waiting for it....

Our heroine is Brigitta, who gets kidnapped by a Pirate named Rup
Claire Robinson
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series, smp
5 - "Don't ever leave me..." Stars!

We return to the world of Aerthlan, and all its magic with the second book in Kerrelyn Sparks The Embraced series. I didn’t think she would be able to top the first book, but So I Married a Sorcerer was even better.

I definitely think this is a series that needs to be read in order and not as standalones. So much happened in the first book, that gave you the introductions to many of the characters in this story that you lose a huge amount of background if you do
Stacey is Sassy
***IT'S ALIVE!!***

A mask won't hide his secrets

First off, I really enjoyed So I Married a Sorcerer. Now, while I really enjoyed it, I think the title is a wee bit misleading. Married? Bloody hell!! I don’t know about you, but when I see Married in the title, I automatically think that the couple is married throughout most of the book. Maybe, deep down, I’m also wishing and hoping that it’s going to be a story where the couple connects early and fight the evil forces as a team. In reality, So I M
Candace
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brigitta discovers she is a princess of the kingdom of Tourin. She has been hiding on the Isle of Moon in a convent. She is embraced. Brigitta's gift is finding things which are hidden. She is good at discovering secrets.

Rupert is also embraced. His gift is harnessing the wind. Rupert is a pirate. He hides deep secrets. Rupert is seeking revenge against the Tourin King.

When Brigitta and her sisters are traveling to meet their sister, Queen Luciana, in Eborni, their ship is attacked by pirates. R
Alyssa
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-releases
I loooooooooooooove this series. So fun and romantic!

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Source: eARC from NetGalley

Summary (from Goodreads):

Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC received for review

Amazing second book. It was just WOW!

My heart just broke for Rupert and everything he had been through. Brigitta is just perfect for him. Loved the side romance with Sister Fallyn and Stefan. There was lots of drama, action, plus sweet times and romance. Loved seeing all the sisters again. Can't wait for the next book...dragons...
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

So I Married A Sorcerer is the second book in the Embraced series. And first off I want to mention how GOOD this book was, just as good if not better than book one. We have our heroine, Brigitta, who grew up on a island,along with her other adopted sisters. Brigitta knows that her fate is destined with the number seven and that it will happen very soon. While traveling with her fellow sisters, to join Luciana in the birth of her child. What
Mindy Lou's Book Review
This was a highly entertaining book and I'm kicking myself for passing up book 1. The covers didn't really snag my attention. It took reading a few glowing reviews to get me to try this book and I am so glad that I did. This is one of those cases to not judge a book by it's cover.

There is so much going on in this book. It had a little bit of everything from action adventure, fantasy world building with a taste of historical romance. It was fast paced and had great character and plot development
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I loved this book! I enjoyed the first book in the series, How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days, so I was really excited to start reading this book. This book was just as good as I had hoped it would be. Once I started reading it, I didn't want to put it down and ended up reading almost the entire novel in a single day. I didn't want it to end because I was having such a good time getting lost in this magical world. This really was a jo
Mei
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I've read this book like a parody.
It is similar to the film The Princess Bride, where the princess is behaving like a cliche princess, the prince like a cliche prince the villain the same, the secondary characters the same!

Just change "Inigo Montoya" into "Rupert" and there you have it!!!

And here just change "Roberts" into "Rupert" and there you have it again!!!

Rupert is a true prince! He will do everything for Brigitte!!!

And the villain??? He's covered in gold and will sell his own sister for m
Jacqueline's Reads
So I married a Sorcerer is a standalone and is part of the Embraced series. The series have silly covers and silly titles and I find it a bit misleading, but it works in your benefit. This isn’t a smutty book, I would even describe it more as a young adult read with a well thought out storyline and a lot of character development. You know those pretty covers with a young lady in a beautiful dress that is flowing in the wind? Yeah, it should have one of those covers.

So, don’t think over the top h
Beth
So I Married a Sorcerer is a fun, fanciful read.

As the second book in The Embraced series starts, we find Brigitta, a magic user traveling on a ship with her adopted sisters from the Isle of the Moon to visit Luciana (The sister who found her perfect guy in How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days.

While on route the ship is overtaken by “pirates”, taking Brigitta and one of the nuns with him.

There is mistaken intentions and identities, strong romantic tension and plenty of misunderstandings to make Br
Cassandra
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I got a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I’m getting the paperback!!!

The cover is a work of art!

This is the 2nd book in the series, and it was just as awesome on book 1! While you don’t have to read them in order, I highly recommend it because everything is just better when you know the history! This book is for adults o
Fafa's Book Corner
Mini review:

DNF

I received this E-ARC via the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I heard about this book through a friend. Decided to request it. Unfortunately it wasn't for me.

I did not care for anything. The writing style was odd. And it was really annoying how Rupert had to remind himself that Brigitta was the enemy. Simply based on her looks.

Do not recommend.
Ann Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

So I Married a Sorcerer is the second book in Sparks' The Embraced series and I have to tell you that I'm loving this series! I was a huge fan of her Love at Stake series and couldn't wait to try this new one.

In fact I have a little secret for you, I have the last book in her Love at Stake series still sitting on my book shelve. I just can't bring myself to read and end the other series.

Crazy, I know!

I'm really l
Marta Cox
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
If born on the night that the two moons overlap children receive magical powers but those who are jealous and fearful have declared the the Embraced should be put to death . Parents hide their Embraced children and one such is Brigitta who grew up with nuns and has no idea exactly who she is.
Rupert is a notorious pirate and self styled admiral of the fleet he commands but he's also considered by many to be a sorcerer as he can control the wind. Rupert is determined to avenge his family and in or
Umaiya ⚡A Far Off Memory⚡

3.5 stars!

Macaroni and Cheese of the books. A great comfort book to get lost in.
I read a reviewer saying it was like an adult Disney story and I have to agree. By the end of it, everything wrapped up in a pretty package with a bow on top, it was very much like Disney.

That being said, I love Disney.
My time Disney at least, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, not this Frozen/Tangled drivel.
Under the Covers Book Blog
I was both so anxious to read this book and at the same time scared.  First anxious because I loved the first book and couldn't wait to continue the story.  But scared because I loved the first book and I didn't want this one to disappoint me and then lose one of my new paranormal series to look forward to.  Rest assured, this was as fun a ride as I was expecting.

But also nothing like I thought it would be!  Sorcerers, pirates, traveling in the high seas, kidnapping, dragons, and another battle
Carvanz
I absolutely loved this book!

Briggita is captured by the pirate Rupert in is attempt to avenge his family’s deaths. However, he’s not at all what she thought a pirate would be like. He’s a Wind Sorcerer and uses his skills to defeat his enemy while at sea.

Rupert’s plan is to take over the country that was brutally stolen from him and his family. While doing so he didn’t expect to feel such a strong connection to one of the people he should hate. Briggita is a strong determined woman who showcas
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Sweet, cute, fun. It's like a grown up Disney movie.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'So I Married a Sorcerer' by Kerrelyn Sparks is Book Two in "The Embraced" Series. This is the story of Brigitta and Rupert. Brigitta along with some other young girls were brought to the Isle of Moon when they were very young. This was their save haven from trouble that was looking to find them. They all became 'Sisters' and lived at the Convent of the Two Moons. Now in their present day they are traveling aboard a ship to visit with their 'Sister" Queen Luciana who found her happy ending and n ...more
Douglas Meeks
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well for starters, I loved this story and it built onto the last one very nicely BUT I have to admit I was getting a bit sick of so much "non-violence" I was starting to feel like it was propaganda.

See, I read for entertainment and NOT enlightenment, if I want to get preached to I will go to a church or something. I do not want to see it in books I read for entertainment. If there is some evil slime who deserves to die, I want him dead. Is that too much to ask?

Another thing I tend to dislike is
Dawn
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the way this author thinks and the stories she tells. They are out there and at the same time they are your love stories.

It's drawing time for Brigitta's telling stone future to come to pass and she isn't at all echoed.

This could be a coincidence or for real but she has this gut feeling that whatever it is it will be bad.

When a handsome stranger, a pirate, shows up it's feels like it begins right now.

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Carmen
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic second book! It has a great flow to it and some great new characters. It just kind of sucks you into the story and doesn't let go.
Tracy Emro
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Series: The Embraced, #2

Release Date: August 29, 2017

Another exciting and entertaining tale in the Embraced series! This story picks up shortly after the end of the previous book (How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days). Brigitta and remaining "sisters" have left the Isle of Moon and are traveling to visit their sister Luciana and her husband Leo. Brigitta and her "sisters" are all embraced and each have been abandoned on the Isle of Moon by their families - the embraced are feared by the pe
Ivy Deluca
description

My TBR, aka the Mountain, has been a scary place where ARCs have been known to disappear if one is not careful. So it was with this ARC, and I only realized I had it when I went to review the next book in the series. Oops. So, my apologies for the way late review.

Having said that, this book was….cute. I didn’t enjoy it as much as the first book, since it tended to be a bit repetitious, the love is just as insta but without the followup scenes to really make me believe in that love that the firs
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
So I Married a Sorcerer is the second book in The Embrace series by Kerrelyn Sparks.

We are treated to a love story that takes place on the high seas and a bit on dry land. Theirs secrets, drama, past wrongs that need writing, action, and romance.

Rupert, my heart broke for him and everything he has been through. Brigitta, is scared of her fate and knows it’s coming for her. These two where perfect for each other.

The romance starts out as a pirate romance, but turns into our heroine battling fo
No Apology Book Reviews
Stupid title, great book

I would like to thank Kerrelyn Sparks, St. Martin’s Press, and NetGalley for allowing me to read an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Brigitta is on her way to visit the oldest of her adopted sisters when she’s kidnapped by pirates! Turns out she’s not simply a poor orphan—she’s the princess of Tourin, thought dead these twenty years. When she was a baby, her father took the kingdom by force and sent her away to a convent so she couldn’t be used against him. Now her br
Billie Gentry
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway
I was fortunate to receive an ARC through a Goodreads giveaway for an honest review. Love this new series. In this book you get a magical Princess and a hot Pirate, what more can you ask? Looking forward to the next book.
Waiting is killing me 3 6 Sep 24, 2017 10:35PM
Kerrelyn Sparks apparently has issues with reality. After writing more than a dozen books about vampires, she has now completely gone off the deep end and wound up on another planet. But how thrilling that she can share this magical new world with her readers! Although she is best known (so far) for the Love at Stake series, which has hit as high as number 5 on the New York Times list and 22 on th ...more
More about Kerrelyn Sparks

The Embraced (3 books)
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced, #1)
  • Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon (The Embraced, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Red Mars (Mars Trilogy, #1)
  • The Gods Themselves
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • The Birthday of the World and Other Stories
    $11.49 $1.99
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49