Start by marking “Slow Heat (Heat of Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Slow Heat (Heat of Love, #1)

Slow Heat

(Heat of Love #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  2,462 ratings  ·  490 reviews
A lustful young alpha meets his match in an older omega with a past.

Professor Vale Aman has crafted a good life for himself. An unbonded omega in his mid-thirties, he's long since given up hope that he'll meet a compatible alpha, let alone his destined mate. He's fulfilled by his career, his poetry, his cat, and his friends.

When Jason Sabel, a much younger alpha, imprint
Published May 16th 2017 by Leta Blake Books

To ask other readers questions about Slow Heat, please sign up.
Leta Blake Hello! I'm glad you're interested in more stories in this universe. I am currently reshuffling my release plans in order to make room for a Xan/Urho b…moreHello! I'm glad you're interested in more stories in this universe. I am currently reshuffling my release plans in order to make room for a Xan/Urho book, yes. :) I'm excited that you're on board for that!(less)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Slow Heat (Heat of Love, #1)
DarienMoya

May 2019

Still the greatest thing since slice bread 🥰🥰🥰
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September 2018

You the best!

July 2018

This is my 5th listen in the past couple months. I’m obsessed with it, and fall in love more everytime 😍

My most fave audiobook ever!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SLOW HOT FIRE

Final Rating: 4.5

Squeeeeeeee!! This review will probably just be all gushing cus of reasons. What a surprise to my senses and my feels Slow Heat was. I’ve read a lot of non-shifter omegaverse in fanfic and I don’t se
Renée
A for effort. I adore Blake's writing style and story-telling ability. I'd never place Blake's writing in question, so it's the story that fell flat for me here.

This book didn't know what it wanted to be.

1. Dystopian - Sure, technically. It does take place in a future where the world, as we know it today, is over. But it doesn't read that way. There are phones with wires leading into walls - GASP! There are offices with desks, and books, paintings, and it all felt very 90s.

2. ABO universe, but
* A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Hearts!

It is definitely not a secret that I love me some ABO and this right here? Probably one of the best in depth reflections on this dynamic, delving into its origins and complicated culture, as well as the intricate rules and laws that aid the genetic drive and instinct that fuel the coming together of an alpha and an omega.

Here, in this post apocalyptic society, the human race has survived a long ago referenced “Great Death”. Females are extinct, but through many years of gene manipula
Eli Easton
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow-- I loved this! Couldn't put it down.

When I read oddles of fics in fandom, I was always drawn to Omegaverse, but I'd never read it in a professionally published book. I've been meaning to try one since they are popular right now, but I was wary of picking up an author I'd never heard of. Then I saw Leta Blake had an Omegaverse book coming out. Yes, please!

This totally worked for me. There are no shifters involved. Instead, the world appears to be a future version of our own planet in which f
Leta Blake
May 11, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Slow Heat is now available on Amazon and in KU: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VMX4QH

Edit: May 11, 2018 - Slow Heat is now available in audiobook narrated by the amazing Michael Ferraiuolo.
Debra
Review originally posted at Sinfully.

4.5 Stars

I’ll admit to not having read the description of this book carefully until I actually started it and thinking I was going into a shifter book. This is not a shifter story, but a story set in the unspecified future after the Great Death of us humans. The world the book is set in consists of only men of three different genders – alpha, beta and omega - whose DNA has been spliced with wolf DNA. They are human, but exhibit some wolf-like behaviors and tr
Xia Xia
I came to the MPREG universe like a bristled kitten attempting to get close to some strange creature I’ve never seen before, hissing and spitting, unsure of what I’d find.

description

Whatever I was expecting, descending upon one of the sweetest love stories in the M/M genre was not on my list.
description

I’m still in shock of how much I liked this book. Although, I must admit I would have liked it less if there were some on page births going around, so thank the Wolf-god for this small blessing.

There was something
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
I thought this one was pretty good. I'm a BIG Leta Blake fan so I couldn't not read it. But paranormal type reads are not my go-to genre. And I've certainly never read one with this type of "universe".

I will say the universe created had some pretty cringe worthy aspects. Especially with regards to the omegas and betas.

But overall the theme was interesting.....and different.

Scorching hot....despite the fact that there weren't that many scenes between the MCs. But I liked both MCs...and the
Kaje Harper
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, favorites, scifi, m-m
Many generations ago the "Great Death" wiped out all human women (but not other species' females), leaving the men scrambling to continue the species without them. Someone got the idea of combining wolf and human DNA to create a new species - wolf-human hybrids, all male but some (omegas) born with a fertile womb and ovulation, able to bear children for their sperm-fertile alphas. Many are born betas, not reproducing but contributing to society. None of these men are shifters, but they have wolf ...more
Sophia Triad
I only have random thoughts about this one. I kind of liked it, but it was definitely a strange story. Minor spoilers ahead:
1. It is Dystopian about a place (earth?) where there are no women left (why?) and now you can only find only men: Alphas who can impregnate Omegas and Betas who I am not what is their purpose (are they neutral somehow?). Not very good world building. A bit unclear. Lots of questions. And the future reminds a lot of the past. It could have taken place in Victorian times wit
Lorraine Lesar
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5*

I think the rating says it all. I had such great expectations but this was no Charles Dickens (except the dick part of Dickens) and the book was full of those (and not in a good way). I know other readers, including my friends, loved it. I was left very disappointed.
Keira Andrews
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An alpha-omega romance where imprinting is not about feelings, only pheromones? Sign me up! No instalove here. which was fabulous. I don't like it when people fall madly in love for biological reasons and not personality, etc.

When young alpha Jason and older omega Vale are imprinted, it is NOT love at first sniff. They don't even know each other and have their own lives. Jason has been friends with benefits with his roommate, who doesn't want to break things off. It's all messy and complicated
Trio
So incredibly good...

Michael Ferraiuolo brings it all to life, it's amazing!
Ariana
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: age-gap, ku, lgbtq, shifters
So, so good! I know I will reread this one again. I love how many serious topics the author touches upon whilst developing a beautiful romance. I loved Jason and Vale and the brilliant world building. (I never ever caught on the amazing fashion of the day in my first read! Omg!). I know Xan's story is next. Will it involve Urho??? I can't wait. Please, Miss Blake, don't let me wait too long!

Original review:

I have never read anything about alphas and omegas before. (Wolfsong by TJ KLune is about
Fabi
*note to self: read the blurb before the book*

Did I ever intend to read an MPreg book? That would be a "hell to the no!"

Did I read the blurb before I jumped into a LETA BLAKE book? That would be a "hell to the no!"

I saw the author name, picked it up as a freebie and added it to one of my challenge shelves. *It got picked*

I didn't even realize what I was reading until I was several pages in. My first instinct was to put it aside, asap. But...LETA BLAKE.

Her writing just pulls you in. She has that
dammit, liz
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is very different from what I've read from Leta Blake in the past, but I loved it. It does have the emotional intensity I've come to associate with this author. It made me pretty weepy at some points, but that's not too unusual :)

My favorite thing about this book is the world building. It's set in the future after a plague wipes out humanity as we know it, and the survivors are men whose DNA is spliced with wolf genes. They're all male, but they have been genetically altered to reprodu
Gigi
May 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Leta Blake is my queen, so this was an unusual miss for me.

We've got a non-shifter group of characters, instalove/MINE mentality (I actually LOVE this in shifter stories and loved it in this one too.) Both MCs have a "friend with benefits" friend, both of whom are in love with the two MCs. There was on-page sex with these friends and my inner wolf was not having it. To add insult to injury (view spoiler)
Karen
Well all I can say is never say never...

Before I get into my actual review for this book I really need to explain a thing or three...I am so not a fan of MPREG ore even knotting for that matter...it's just a no thanks, never going there for me and yet somehow here we are. I'm also not a fan of fisting and thankfully while that's mentioned in this book it's not an on page thing...thank the wolf gods.

For as much as these things are on my 'no thank you' list when it comes to a good story my res
Katerina
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I loved this book. Really LOVED it. It was great and something special. The author once again proves her extraordinary versatility. It was my first book about male pregnancies. And this topic is not a marginal issue in this book, no quite the opposite, it is the pivot. And it's lit from all sides. Thoroughly and in great detail. The title of this book could also be: A child at all costs.

I would not have thought that I liked the idea so much.
And I must admit, if this b
Elena
Beautiful writing and great universe - I loved it!

It was my first Leta Blake book and first non-shifter A/B/O read. And in both cases it was a hit!

Having read a lot of 'normal', wolfy, shapeshifter mpreg Alpha-Omega books, I approached Slow Heat rather cautiously... I was wondering how such a non-shifter A/B/O world would work, how the heats and mpreg would be addressed, how the universe without females would be presented.

What I especially liked about this book was the Author's rather 'technica
Cadiva
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply brilliant world building

This book is so far beyond hot it goes off the supernova scale. The opening paragraph alone is enough to set off a hot flush.

But, it's also so much more than just the sex, there is world building of such a clever degree that it's easy to believe this could be a reality some time in our future.

In this Alpha/beta/omega world there are no more females of the Human species and an event horizon level disaster fused man's genetics with those of the wolf. There are mPREG
Eugenia
3.5 Stars. Scorching HOT!

This was my first Alpha/Omega and MPREG book. I enjoyed it more than I imagined and am willing to dip further into this MM sub genre.

I truly enjoyed the beginning of this book. There was LOTS of tension between the MCs--a 19 year old alpha and a 35 year old omega. Leta Blake also set up an interesting world in which women no longer existed after the Great Death and scientist created omegas to further the human species.

Blake created characters with depth. The storyline h
Gabi
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Gabi by: annob
Proof, that an mpreg story can be enjoyable, if and when the author writes it with utmost care and pays attention to the minutest of details.

I am in awe of how perfectly written this book is. Leta Blake created a beautiful world, where male pregnancy actually made sense to me, where women don’t exist and the hierarchy was made of alphas, betas and omegas. I absolutely loved that it mirrored the defects of our current world: alphas can’t have sexual relations with other alphas (ring a bell?); co
⚣Michaelle⚣
Audio Review: No Change

Michael Ferraiuolo did a wonderful job with the narration, really bringing out the emotion and individuality of the characters. Plus, wow, the sex scenes were ridiculously hot. (I went shopping while listening and could feel myself blushing; so glad for earbuds!)

Also, I loved what Kaje Harper had to say about the "social and biological microcosm that is intense, and mirrors in many ways the issues of our own." If I were a decent writer, that's the bit I'd want to point out
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
WOW. This was a completely different ABO verse and had some major sexual tension. This was lengthy enough to explain the universe and some really great secondary characters. Age gap is large for the society - and lots of struggles with being good enough for your mate -- there is here an ability to control some urges and both A and O can take a suppressant for behavior or heat.
Jaime
Feb 24, 2017 marked it as queued-next
Currently reading this as she writes it... it's a really fun book so far. Very creative- lots of hot as hell moments, and characters you will love!!

Oh and the cover.. yeah, it's hot too!!
Mike
Omegaverse tropes delivered in a somewhat deep and compelling manner

My very high rating does not mean I view this as high-brow, excellent, eternal literature, but rather reflects how much I enjoyed and appreciated this story. It had an outstanding, well-written, and strongly built world and plot using themes otherwise found in light, diverting, and escapist Omegaverse stories.

I especially appreciated that the metaphoric parallels centered on not only the confined and sometimes very oppressed rol
Bo
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a difficult review for me to write. I enjoyed the detailed world building, but it was just too detailed at times. This book was just too long and detailed about everything, but what I wanted. I still don't think the MCS would be together without fate. I feel like I learned very little about them, especially for the book's length. I found the world they lived in harsh and unfair, and quite depressing to be honest. However, it interested me enough to move onto book 2.
Elena
This isn’t going to be a review, I just need to mark these books as read and I want to make sure Teal and Mymymble nobody thinks my account has been hacked or I’ve been replaced by an alien, both scenarios usually more likely than me reading a book, let alone two, set in a universe with mpreg.

Apparently, weird things happen when you put me, my curiosity, a Kindle Unlimited membership and a list of rave reviews from my friends, in a room on a Saturday afternoon.
Weird things like me starting a b
【Q-Q微-信 250065968】 ●「日本」东京大学 京都大学 大阪大学 东京工业大学 东北大学 庆应义塾大学 九州大学 名古屋大学 北海道大学 筑波大学 神户大学 千叶大学 早稻田大学 广岛大学 金泽大学 冈山大学 东京理科大学 东京医科牙科大学 大阪市立大学 熊本大学 德岛大学 大阪府立大学 岐阜大学 东京农工大学 3 1 Aug 27, 2019 08:22PM
【Q-Q微-信 250065968】 ●「俄罗斯」莫斯科国立大学 罗斯托夫国立大学 圣彼得堡国立大学 新西伯利亚国立大学 俄罗斯人民友谊大学 俄罗斯国立大学 罗斯托夫国立大学 伯尔姆国立大学 达吉斯坦国立大学 托姆斯克国立大学 图拉国立大学 喀山国立大学 乌拉尔国立大学 3 1 Aug 27, 2019 08:14PM
【Q-Q微-信 250065968】 ●「德国」弗赖堡大学 德国维尔茨堡大学 汉堡大学 曼海姆大学 波恩大学 特里尔大学 奥尔登堡大学 科隆大学 汉诺威大学 新媒体国际学校 美因茨大学 基尔大学 慕尼黑工业大学 明斯特大学 3 1 Aug 27, 2019 08:13PM
【Q-Q微-信 250065968】 ●「俄罗斯」莫斯科国立大学 罗斯托夫国立大学 圣彼得堡国立大学 新西伯利亚国立大学 俄罗斯人民友谊大学 俄罗斯国立大学 罗斯托夫国立大学 伯尔姆国立大学 达吉斯坦国立大学 托姆斯克国立大学 图拉国立大学 喀山国立大学 乌拉尔国立大学 3 1 Aug 27, 2019 08:13PM
JCU文凭JCU学位证JCU毕业证办詹姆士库克大学毕业证成绩单James Cook University 3 1 Aug 27, 2019 08:05PM

• Heat for Sale (Heat for Sale, #1)
  • One Wild Heat (Alphas of the Western Provinces, #1)
  • Unnatural (The Wrong Alpha, #1)
  • Clutch (Forbidden Desires, #1)
  • Saved (Breaking Free, #1)
  • The Heat Professor (Nerds Who Knot, #4)
  • Unexpected Heat (Omega Quadrant #1.5)
  • Bond (Forbidden Desires, #2)
  • His Surrogate Omega (Omega Quadrant #1)
  • Wake Me Up Inside (Mates, #1)
  • Mating the Omega (Mercy Hills Pack #1)
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • Mate (Forbidden Desires, #3)
  • The Omega's Secret Baby (Oceanport Omegas, #1)
  • Strength of the Wolf (The Tameness of the Wolf, #2)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • One Wild Omega (Alphas of the Western Provinces #2)
  • Amore e Riscatto (I Lupi del Nord,#1)
Author of the bestselling book Smoky Mountain Dreams and the fan favorite Training Season, Leta Blake's educational and professional background is in psychology and finance, respectively. However, her passion has always been for writing. She enjoys crafting romance stories and exploring the psyches of made up people. At home in the Southern U.S., Leta works hard at achieving balance between her da ...more

Heat of Love (3 books)
  • Alpha Heat (Heat of Love #2)
  • Bitter Heat (Heat of Love #3)