Welcome! It looks like you still need
to set up your Goodreads account.
Start by marking “Slow Heat (Heat of Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Slow Heat (Heat of Love, #1)

Slow Heat

(Heat of Love #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,761 ratings  ·  384 reviews
A lustful young alpha meets his match in an older omega with a past.

Professor Vale Aman has crafted a good life for himself. An unbonded omega in his mid-thirties, he's long since given up hope that he'll meet a compatible alpha, let alone his destined mate. He's fulfilled by his career, his poetry, his cat, and his friends.

When Jason Sabel, a much younger alpha, imprint
Published May 16th 2017 by Leta Blake Books

To ask other readers questions about Slow Heat, please sign up.
Leta Blake Hello! I'm glad you're interested in more stories in this universe. I am currently reshuffling my release plans in order to make room for a Xan/Urho…moreHello! I'm glad you're interested in more stories in this universe. I am currently reshuffling my release plans in order to make room for a Xan/Urho book, yes. :) I'm excited that you're on board for that!(less)

really liked it 4.00  ·

DarienMoya

September 2018

You the best!

July 2018

This is my 5th listen in the past couple months. I’m obsessed with it, and fall in love more everytime 😍

My most fave audiobook ever!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SLOW HOT FIRE

Final Rating: 4.5

Squeeeeeeee!! This review will probably just be all gushing cus of reasons. What a surprise to my senses and my feels Slow Heat was. I’ve read a lot of non-shifter omegaverse in fanfic and I don’t see it a lot in published works and when I do they’re not that great. But this
Renée
A for effort. I adore Blake's writing style and story-telling ability. I'd never place Blake's writing in question, so it's the story that fell flat for me here.

This book didn't know what it wanted to be.

1. Dystopian - Sure, technically. It does take place in a future where the world, as we know it today, is over. But it doesn't read that way. There are phones with wires leading into walls - GASP! There are offices with desks, and books, paintings, and it all felt very 90s.

2. ABO universe, but
R * A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Hearts!

It is definitely not a secret that I love me some ABO and this right here? Probably one of the best in depth reflections on this dynamic, delving into its origins and complicated culture, as well as the intricate rules and laws that aid the genetic drive and instinct that fuel the coming together of an alpha and an omega.

Here, in this post apocalyptic society, the human race has survived a long ago referenced “Great Death”. Females are extinct, but through many years of gene manipula
Eli Easton
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow-- I loved this! Couldn't put it down.

When I read oddles of fics in fandom, I was always drawn to Omegaverse, but I'd never read it in a professionally published book. I've been meaning to try one since they are popular right now, but I was wary of picking up an author I'd never heard of. Then I saw Leta Blake had an Omegaverse book coming out. Yes, please!

This totally worked for me. There are no shifters involved. Instead, the world appears to be a future version of our own planet in which f
Lyn
Very well written but too long, exhausting, and angst filled for my taste.
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
I thought this one was pretty good. I'm a BIG Leta Blake fan so I couldn't not read it. But paranormal type reads are not my go-to genre. And I've certainly never read one with this type of "universe".

I will say the universe created had some pretty cringe worthy aspects. Especially with regards to the omegas and betas.

But overall the theme was interesting.....and different.

Scorching hot....despite the fact that there weren't that many scenes between the MCs. But I liked both MCs...and the s
Leta Blake
May 11, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Slow Heat is now available on Amazon and in KU: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VMX4QH

Edit: May 11, 2018 - Slow Heat is now available in audiobook narrated by the amazing Michael Ferraiuolo.
Debra
Review originally posted at Sinfully.

4.5 Stars

I’ll admit to not having read the description of this book carefully until I actually started it and thinking I was going into a shifter book. This is not a shifter story, but a story set in the unspecified future after the Great Death of us humans. The world the book is set in consists of only men of three different genders – alpha, beta and omega - whose DNA has been spliced with wolf DNA. They are human, but exhibit some wolf-like behaviors and tr
Kaje Harper
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, m-m, scifi, fantasy
Many generations ago the "Great Death" wiped out all human women (but not other species' females), leaving the men scrambling to continue the species without them. Someone got the idea of combining wolf and human DNA to create a new species - wolf-human hybrids, all male but some (omegas) born with a fertile womb and ovulation, able to bear children for their sperm-fertile alphas. Many are born betas, not reproducing but contributing to society. None of these men are shifters, but they have wolf ...more
Xia Xia Lake
I came to the MPREG universe like a bristled kitten attempting to get close to some strange creature I’ve never seen before, hissing and spitting, unsure of what I’d find.

description

Whatever I was expecting, descending upon one of the sweetest love stories in the M/M genre was not on my list.
description

I’m still in shock of how much I liked this book. Although, I must admit I would have liked it less if there were some on page births going around, so thank the Wolf-god for this small blessing.

There was something v
Sophia Triad
I only have random thoughts about this one. I kind of liked it, but it was definitely a strange story. Minor spoilers ahead:
1. It is Dystopian about a place (earth?) where there are no women left (why?) and now you can only find only men: Alphas who can impregnate Omegas and Betas who I am not what is their purpose (are they neutral somehow?). Not very good world building. A bit unclear. Lots of questions. And the future reminds a lot of the past. It could have taken place in Victorian times wit
Lorraine Lesar
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5*

I think the rating says it all. I had such great expectations but this was no Charles Dickens (except the dick part of Dickens) and the book was full of those (and not in a good way). I know other readers, including my friends, loved it. I was left very disappointed.
Keira Andrews
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An alpha-omega romance where imprinting is not about feelings, only pheromones? Sign me up! No instalove here. which was fabulous. I don't like it when people fall madly in love for biological reasons and not personality, etc.

When young alpha Jason and older omega Vale are imprinted, it is NOT love at first sniff. They don't even know each other and have their own lives. Jason has been friends with benefits with his roommate, who doesn't want to break things off. It's all messy and complicated
Trio
So incredibly good...

Michael Ferraiuolo brings it all to life, it's amazing!
Elsa Bravante
Comencé esta lectura con el máximo escepticismo, eso del omegaverse con alfas, omegas, betas, hombres que se quedan embarazados, personas destinadas a estar juntas, días de celo, el knotting, etc... En principio no parecía mi tipo de lectura. Pero, le di una oportunidad y cómo me alegro porque en terminos generales me ha gustado mucho.

Jason es un alfa que inesperadamente encuentra a su omega, 15 años mayor que él. A partir de ahí ocurren una serie de acontecimientos en los que no quiero ahondar.
Fabi
*note to self: read the blurb before the book*

Did I ever intend to read an MPreg book? That would be a "hell to the no!"

Did I read the blurb before I jumped into a LETA BLAKE book? That would be a "hell to the no!"

I saw the author name, picked it up as a freebie and added it to one of my challenge shelves. *It got picked*

I didn't even realize what I was reading until I was several pages in. My first instinct was to put it aside, asap. But...LETA BLAKE.

Her writing just pulls you in. She has that
Ariana
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So, so good! I know I will reread this one again. I love how many serious topics the author touches upon whilst developing a beautiful romance. I loved Jason and Vale and the brilliant world building. (I never ever caught on the amazing fashion of the day in my first read! Omg!). I know Xan's story is next. Will it involve Urho??? I can't wait. Please, Miss Blake, don't let me wait too long!

Original review:

I have never read anything about alphas and omegas before. (Wolfsong by TJ KLune is about
dammit, that one chick
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is very different from what I've read from Leta Blake in the past, but I loved it. It does have the emotional intensity I've come to associate with this author. It made me pretty weepy at some points, but that's not too unusual :)

My favorite thing about this book is the world building. It's set in the future after a plague wipes out humanity as we know it, and the survivors are men whose DNA is spliced with wolf genes. They're all male, but they have been genetically altered to reprodu
Cadiva
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply brilliant world building

This book is so far beyond hot it goes off the supernova scale. The opening paragraph alone is enough to set off a hot flush.

But, it's also so much more than just the sex, there is world building of such a clever degree that it's easy to believe this could be a reality some time in our future.

In this Alpha/beta/omega world there are no more females of the Human species and an event horizon level disaster fused man's genetics with those of the wolf. There are mPREG
Karen
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well all I can say is never say never...

Before I get into my actual review for this book I really need to explain a thing or three...I am so not a fan of MPREG ore even knotting for that matter...it's just a no thanks, never going there for me and yet somehow here we are. I'm also not a fan of fisting and thankfully while that's mentioned in this book it's not an on page thing...thank the wolf gods.

For as much as these things are on my 'no thank you' list when it comes to a good story my resis
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Kindle freebie today! 9/24/18!
Katerina

I loved this book. Really LOVED it. It was great and something special. The author once again proves her extraordinary versatility. It was my first book about male pregnancies. And this topic is not a marginal issue in this book, no quite the opposite, it is the pivot. And it's lit from all sides. Thoroughly and in great detail. The title of this book could also be: A child at all costs.

I would not have thought that I liked the idea so much.
And I must admit, if this book wasn't from Leta Blake
⚣Michaelle⚣
Audio Review: No Change

Michael Ferraiuolo did a wonderful job with the narration, really bringing out the emotion and individuality of the characters. Plus, wow, the sex scenes were ridiculously hot. (I went shopping while listening and could feel myself blushing; so glad for earbuds!)

Also, I loved what Kaje Harper had to say about the "social and biological microcosm that is intense, and mirrors in many ways the issues of our own." If I were a decent writer, that's the bit I'd want to point out
Jaime
Feb 24, 2017 marked it as queued-next
Currently reading this as she writes it... it's a really fun book so far. Very creative- lots of hot as hell moments, and characters you will love!!

Oh and the cover.. yeah, it's hot too!!
Gabriella (Gabi)
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Gabriella (Gabi) by: annob
Proof, that an mpreg story can be enjoyable, if and when the author writes it with utmost care and pays attention to the minutest of details.

I am in awe of how perfectly written this book is. Leta Blake created a beautiful world, where male pregnancy actually made sense to me, where women don’t exist and the hierarchy was made of alphas, betas and omegas. I absolutely loved that it mirrored the defects of our current world: alphas can’t have sexual relations with other alphas (ring a bell?); co
Mike
Omegaverse tropes delivered in a somewhat deep and compelling manner

My very high rating does not mean I view this as high-brow, excellent, eternal literature, but rather reflects how much I enjoyed and appreciated this story. It had an outstanding, well-written, and strongly built world and plot using themes otherwise found in light, diverting, and escapist Omegaverse stories.

I especially appreciated that the metaphoric parallels centered on not only the confined and sometimes very oppressed rol
Eugenia
3.5 Stars. Scorching HOT!

This was my first Alpha/Omega and MPREG book. I enjoyed it more than I imagined and am willing to dip further into this MM sub genre.

I truly enjoyed the beginning of this book. There was LOTS of tension between the MCs--a 19 year old alpha and a 35 year old omega. Leta Blake also set up an interesting world in which women no longer existed after the Great Death and scientist created omegas to further the human species.

Blake created characters with depth. The storyline h
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
WOW. This was a completely different ABO verse and had some major sexual tension. This was lengthy enough to explain the universe and some really great secondary characters. Age gap is large for the society - and lots of struggles with being good enough for your mate -- there is here an ability to control some urges and both A and O can take a suppressant for behavior or heat.
Elena
This isn’t going to be a review, I just need to mark these books as read and I want to make sure Teal and Mymymble nobody thinks my account has been hacked or I’ve been replaced by an alien, both scenarios usually more likely than me reading a book, let alone two, set in a universe with mpreg.

Apparently, weird things happen when you put me, my curiosity, a Kindle Unlimited membership and a list of rave reviews from my friends, in a room on a Saturday afternoon.
Weird things like me starting a b
Bo
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a difficult review for me to write. I enjoyed the detailed world building, but it was just too detailed at times. This book was just too long and detailed about everything, but what I wanted. I still don't think the MCS would be together without fate. I feel like I learned very little about them, especially for the book's length. I found the world they lived in harsh and unfair, and quite depressing to be honest. However, it interested me enough to move onto book 2.
  • Strain (Strain, #1)
  • Under His Control (Hybrid Heat #2)
  • A Royal Rebellion (Bred For Love, #3)
  • Clutch (Forbidden Desires #1)
  • Heat for Sale
  • Knight of Flames (Inheritance, #2)
  • Cross Purposes (Chronicles of Ylandre #5)
  • Song of the Navigator
  • Phase Shift (Chaos Station, #5)
  • Demon Arms (The Paranormal Academy For Troubled Boys #1)
  • How to Walk like a Man (Howl at the Moon #2)
  • Curses, Foiled Again
  • The Degan Incident (Galactic Conspiracies #1)
  • Family Law (Silver Oak Medical Center, #4)
  • Groom of Convenience (Scandalous Whispers of the Remmington Realm, #1)
  • Skin After Skin (PsyCop, #8)
  • Owner of My Heart (Mending the Rift, #2)
  • Dark Side (Mate of the Tyger Prince #2)
Author of the bestselling book Smoky Mountain Dreams and the fan favorite Training Season, Leta Blake's educational and professional background is in psychology and finance, respectively. However, her passion has always been for writing. She enjoys crafting romance stories and exploring the psyches of made up people. At home in the Southern U.S., Leta works hard at achieving balance between her da ...more

Heat of Love (2 books)
  • Alpha Heat (Heat of Love #2)
“But horrible things happen alongside wonderful things all the time. And if you let the horrible things detract from the wonder of the good things, you’ll never really feel true happiness.” 3 likes
“He captured Vale’s mouth again and kissed him breathless, only moving away when he slid his fingers into Vale’s quivering ass. “I’m gonna make you come again,” he whispered. “And then I’m going to fuck you.” Vale” 2 likes