Start by marking “Fallen Warriors” as Want to Read:
Fallen Warriors

Fallen Warriors

In the city of York, a young woman dies in a tragic accident but is mysteriously brought back to life. As she attempts to find out and understand what happened, a terrorist group plans the largest attack the West has ever seen.
A group of ordinary people find themselves drawn together, fallen warriors called to stand and fight, but will they stand or will they fall?
A homele
Published March 31st 2017 by Mark Anderson Smith

Start your review of Fallen Warriors
Don
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Must read Christian thriller about ordinary people from all walks of life, like you and me, caught up in a well planned terrorist plot to take over modern day York in England as a stepping stone to rule the world. In stages Mark carefully introduces the characters, many of whom find themselves in apparently unsolvable situations as the story unfolds.

At every turn Mark keeps us guessing but with satisfactory annoyance we are compelled to read on. Edge of the seat stuff! Craftily though Mark affor
Norma
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Superb Thriller, bringing together the possibilities of what could happen in our country today. Introducing the characters in a unexpected and gripping way which makes you want to know more about them and how they fit into the story. The very real threat of terrorism in our lives today is balanced with the Christian faith and how empowering it is. Once you start to read you are kept in suspense as to what is going to happen next in the lives of the diverse and interesting individuals.
This book i
Alan
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read with a number of unexpected twists, especially liked the detail into the characters which played a big part on how they responded to what was happening in their lives, all tied in with a plot that is current, it could happen!
A clever challenge to our faith, how would we respond to God revealing something to us? recommend reading it to find out.
Petra
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was unusual, thought-provoking and gripping.
Dan King
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is Mark's third full length novel (I think - unless I have already lost count!) and his writing style continues to strengthen and improve.

I am very impressed with the range of characters he has been able to create and the various different perspectives he has been able to present. To be able to get into the minds of different kinds of people from different backgrounds like this is a real gift (although no doubt one that Mark has also worked very hard on!) I don't think I have this gift and
Trudy Richardson
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Christian thriller. It seems an unusual genre and yet Mark has woven a modern day story full of all the thriller standards any reader relishes with an undeniable Christian principle.
Set in the beautiful and historic city of York, Fallen Warriors blends the lives of a wide cast of varied and believable characters whose seemingly disparate lives become connected and caught up in a scarily possible terrorist threat to the city.
Mark's story gives true insight into the different mindsets any Chri
Simona
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well, in a way, such a dramatic and convincing Christian psychological thriller is maybe one of the best stimulants for the awakening of Christians to the awareness of the the mission God assigned to each of his followers in the present tormented society - to serve the community in all possible circumstances, culminating with those that threaten even the survival of innocent people, by following his most wise guidance.
We are living in times in which, maybe more than ever, people are prompted to
Maggie
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of the novel in exchange for an unbiased review.

Fallen Warriors by Mark Smith is a thought provoking read that grips you from the first chapter. The characters capture you from the start & leave you looking for more as the story unfolds. At the end of season one you are left on a cliff hanger of action, suspense & faith. A story that could be a realistic journey for anyone living in the age of culture & terrorism that face the UK & Europe. Who will the true warriors be? Wi
Moira Henderson
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I found this Christian thriller to be both disturbing and intriguing. Disturbing because a similar terrorist attack could happen at any time in any of our cities and intriguing because I couldn't wait to find out what happened to all the diverse characters whose lives are skilfully interwoven as the story progresses.From a Christian point of view it is salutary to note how familiar passages impinge on someone who comes to the Bible for the very first time with fresh questions and comments.
The bo
Mary Douglas
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed reading this book. Fast moving plot with lots of different characters and a very topical storyline. It was definitely a page turner and I now can't wait for the sequel! A couple of things would make it an even better read. I didn't feel as if I got to know the main characters as well as I would like. I like to get involved with the people in the books I read. And much as I now want to get the next book to find out what happened, I did feel that it did have an unfinished feel. I su ...more
Bobbie Cole
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mark Smith’s writing is gripping and pacey. ‘Fallen Warriors’ is a real page-turner with a totally believable plot, right up there with all that is on everyone’s hearts concerning terrorism today.
His characters are well-drawn and I engaged with them. For this reason, I would have liked a more conclusive ending, in particular a deeper transformation for Danny, whom I saw as the main character. Nevertheless, an excellent novel.
I received a free copy of this novel in exchange for an unbiased revi
Victoria Barton
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hard to put down!

I couldn't put this book down. It begins fast paced introducing a lot of characters. I quickly got into the different characters lives, wondering how they were going to be brought together later in the story. This book is a good, easy read, leaving me with a slight sense of fear as this story could so easily be reality.
Eve
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of the novel in exchange for an unbiased review.
The plot and characters caught and held my attention throughout. Their lives were woven together in some expected and some unexpected ways. I especially enjoy stories that are not completely predictable and this wasn't one of those.
I can't wait to read season 2!
Robert Taggart
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good storyline; very though provoking given the recent events in Westminster.
The story is also well written with a number of twists in the plot which are unexpected and keep interest levels high.
Well worth a read.
Chip Moses
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very thought-provoking and complex plot, fast-moving and enjoyable to read.
Aidan
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoying the book. The different strands, themes and characters are skillfully woven together into a shocking, inspiring, entertaining, and very relevant story for the times we live in.
Joanna
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A gripping book...scary how real it could be. The way the characters are interwoven through their own chapters and brought together has been done very well. A great read.
Isabel
Mar 27, 2017 is currently reading it
Currently reading it and it is brilliant. I am thoroughly enjoying it............
John Aitken
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic/Realistic/Gripping - and I'm only halfway through what is sure to be one of the best thrillers I have read recently.
Richard Taylor
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t do a lot of reading but coming from a Christian author with a free copy to read in exchange for a review I decided to give it a go and am really glad I did. I was just two chapters in and hooked, very readable with a good topical storyline in fact the further on in the book I got the more engrossed I became. Knowing York pretty well and with so much detail of where incidents were taking place I could visualise the scene before them. It was a shame the end arrived so abruptly but as a seq ...more
Dave Wheeler
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great read

Mark has given us a book to challenge some of our concepts and stir your thoughts, not often the case in Christian books. Here is a good clean thriller with out overstated or unnecessary violence. For a story demonstrating the power of prayer plus salvation then this is for you.
John Rodriguez
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was looking forward to reading this; it's been a long time in the making, and in the interests of full disclosure, Smith is a good friend of mine. I was also quite apprehensive; what if, after all this effort, it was a steaming pile of crap? I was proud to hold an actual, paper copy of this in my hand, but we've all seen the downside of self-publishing. What if, were it that bad, it didn't even burn very well?

Bad it is not, in fact it's good. I may be a friend but I'm also the last person you
Lillie
John
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Initially I found this book confusing. I am the sort of person who hates a TV programme which jumps around from one person to the next. However, I found that I could not stop reading this book on my Kindle.

As the characters emerged, I found myself making judgements about them only for those decisions to be challenged later in the book. I wasn’t sure who I supported and it did change as I progressed. This was not a simple story of heroes and villains.

As someone who has lived in York for almost 35
Louisa Black
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lydia Jenkins
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A friend lent me this book and I have to say at first, I wasn't sure where it was heading but that was the beauty of it. Its characters and interesting plot lines kept me interested, and the themes explored were something just a little bit different from my usual reading material. I would recommend this to anyone looking for something refreshing and thought provoking.
Scott Eberle
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been severely disappointed with most contemporary Christian fiction, but Fallen Warriors has proven to be an exception. The story was gripping and inspiring. The character development and plot devices were realistic. The prose was excellent. I look forward to more Christian fiction from this author.
Joanna Chee
Feb 14, 2019
Grace Welsh
Feb 27, 2017
Hilda Dunn
Mar 31, 2017
Christian Goodrea...: Fallen Warriors: Episode One free ebook 1 5 Apr 11, 2017 04:44AM

• The Christian (Good Christian Series Book 3)
  • Jog On: How Running Saved My Life
  • Awakening (Ancient Purge #1)
  • Another One: Book 1 of The Parker Trilogy
  • Andrew Carnegie: A Life From Beginning to End (Biographies of Business Leaders Book 5)
  • The Banes of Lake's Crossing: Origins (The Banes of Lakes Crossing, #1)
  • The Bad Christian (The Good Christian Book 2)
  • The Devil's Closet (CeeCee Gallagher, #2)
  • Acid Reflux: How to Treat Acid Reflux: How to Prevent Acid Reflux
  • Funscreen
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Humane Heroes Volume I
  • American Coven
  • My Name is Eva
  • Desecration (Left Behind, #9)
  • The Indwelling (Left Behind, #7)
  • Assassins (Left Behind, #6)
  • The Secret on Ararat (Babylon Rising, #2)
  • The Remnant (Left Behind, #10)