Jump to ratings and reviews

She's Beautiful #3

Reclaiming Us

He won her heart but she stole his.

Addilyn Montgomery made a promise. Even though she never intended to break it, she can't allow RJ to give up his own future to follow hers. But after shouldering its weight for seven years, she begins to wonder how much longer she can stay upright.

RJ Watson never wanted anyone other than Addilyn. He thought he could trust her word, but his broken heart is proof that she's a liar. Yet, it doesn't matter how badly she broke his heart or how much time has passed, he still loves her.

When an unexpected tragedy hits and forces Addilyn and RJ together again, will they put their differences aside and accept forgiveness?

Or will they walk away from a promise that should have never been broken?

370 pages, Paperback

13 books647 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (2%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 35 reviews
Profile Image for Wonder Tre Reads -Tre Talbot.
1,200 reviews24 followers
April 6, 2017
This story deserves more then 5 stars! From the first few paragraphs I was hooked and was crushing on RJ right along with Addie, he is such a sweetheart and you can't help but instantly love him. Addie has a goal set for her future and although RJ is not as set with his future his best friend Tyler is right by his side supporting him through it all. Saying "I promise" is so simple but following through it is a whole other level. When I started this story I had no idea what a roller coaster ride of emotions I would be going through. I suggest you have a box of tissues close by because this story is filled with such intensity, you can tell that that Nicole pours her heart and soul into her work. I couldn't put this book down, I was hanging on to every word. There is so much more I could say but I don't want to give a single thing away, you NEED to read this story for yourself. I cannot praise this book enough it is a beautifully written story that will stay with you long after your finished. This is a standalone novel but I will absolutely be reading the rest of The She's Beautiful Series. This is my unbiased and voluntary review.
2,335 reviews11 followers
August 31, 2017
Received an ARC for my fair review from B&B productions. Well strap up and take a ride, because that is what you will be doing with this book, your emotions will be going all over the place. You will feel all sorts of emotions, so have some tissue handy, Addilyn and RJ go thru a couple of scenarios going thru multiple years, in which multiple mistakes take place, but we all go thru a growing phase, and in this we see them doing that. I wont get into the story, because my friends, that is for you to read and you to feel. Enjoy!
Profile Image for EpicRomanceReviews.
728 reviews123 followers
April 14, 2017
4.5 PINKY PROMISES STARS!

“I loved you then, I love you now, and I’ll love you forever. I promise.”

RECLAIMING US by Nicole Richard is a SWOONY second chance romance with ALL THE FEELS!!

I was immediately swept up in this CAPTIVATING New Adult tale, set in quaint Savannah, GA, from the moment beautiful, brainy cheerleader Addilyn Mae Montgomery first locks eyes with her crush, high school heartthrob RJ Watson during a football game. For the next three and a half years these high school sweethearts are inseparable. Addie and RJ are madly, hopelessly in love, forever promises are made and their dreams come true one moonlit night when Addie joyously gives her virginity to the only boy she’ll ever loved. But everything changes in the summer after graduation when MONUMENTAL CHOICES are about to change both their lives forever, propelling them on separate paths that would SHATTER both their hearts.

Nicole Richard, a new to me author, really captures the giddy butterflies, endearing awkwardness, bittersweet pangs and pure-hearted bliss of first love. There is a rich poignancy and homespun charm to this author’s prose and I felt all the searing emotions that our starry-eyed couple experienced. LONGING. SADNESS. LOVE. REGRET. HEARTACHE.

And boy is their angst!!!

Addie Mae makes the ultimate sacrifice so she would not stand in the way of her truelove RJ pursuing his OWN life’s dreams, and while I understood her rationale for leaving him behind, it tore my heart to shreds that they were forced to spend the next seven years apart because of one pivotal choice that had devastating ramifications. But oh my how I rejoiced when they were brought back together again, albeit under tragic circumstances. But Addie and RJ are not the same people they once were, though their love still BURNS hotter than ever. Can they heal the painful wounds of the past and start anew? Or was forgiveness forever out of their reach?

The tumultuous journey these two take together was brimming with sizzling passion, breathtaking tenderness, intense, fiery emotion and FEEEEELS GALORE! I loved the sparkling chemistry and infectious banter between this star crossed duo, and I rooted for them EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.

RJ is guaranteed to be you next SWOONALICOUS bff! He is strong and sexy, sweet and caring, exquisitely gentle, fiercely protective, and 100 percent devoted to the only girl he will EVER love. He is the TOTAL PACKAGE wrapped up in one smoking hot bod! But this hunka burning love feels like his choices for the future are limited and worries he will never be worthy of a beautiful, smart, ambitious girl like Addie Mae. And his girl is fully deserving of his never ending adoration. Addilyn is beautiful and kind-hearted, giving and self-sacrificing. Yes she made some life alerting choices that forever impacted both their lives but her love for RJ was never in question. I positively ACHED for these two soulmates to reclaim what they’d once lost and find their way back together! It is not an easy road for this beleaguered couple but the ending was SIGHWORTHY and definitely had me blinking back tears.

My only one quibble with an otherwise FLAWLESS and REFRESHINGLY UNIQUE plot was a trite, and in my opinion, woefully overdone plot thread involving an asshat character that kind of had me rolling my eyes. I wish the author had not gone down this predictable path but I will forgive her this one tiny hiccup because this plot point is really just a blip in the storyline, and does not in any way the diminish the love between the hero and heroine.

Ultimately, RECLAIMING US is a tender-hearted story of TRUE LOVE and SOUL-SHATTERING sacrifice, of PROMISES broken and HEARTS RECLAIMED, of fighting for happiness AGAINST ALL ODDS!!! Nicole Richard is an author to watch and I highly recommend this book to all fans of passionate second chance tales with heartachy feels!!!
Profile Image for Jennifer Pierson.
10.9k reviews130 followers
April 14, 2017
Reclaiming Us was such a roller coaster ride of emotions, that it nearly brought me to my knees. And I can promise that no words that I come up with will do it proper justice. Addilyn Montgomery and RJ Watson's journey covers several years, showing realistic mistakes that they made. The push and pull took me breath away, not to mention keeping me on the edge of my seat. The f-bomb worthy twist is what brought them face to face again, and even though there's real hurt there which I physically felt, both quickly realize that the feelings aren't gone. Nicole Richard with her brilliant writing style had me captivated, and in love with both characters instantly. The emotions that she poured into this story floored me, and again, I felt every bit of it. I'm aware that this review is a bit short, but I can't type more, or spoilers will explode out of me with all of my dramatic girly girl emotions which saw my eyes leak a time or two. I will be waiting impatiently for her next amazing story, and trust me when I say, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND this angst filled goodness to everyone!
Profile Image for Edel.
41 reviews
March 19, 2017
It's a yes from me!
I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

This review is quite simple...
1. Did this story deserve a five star rating - Yes
2. Did I enjoy the story - Yes. This story has quality throughout it. It is a romance story which centers around the love shared between the two main characters and their family and friends.
3. Would I recommend this story to other readers - Yes. I found this story very enjoyable. There was a lot of emotion in it. The story takes place over a number of years and as the story progresses we follow these characters journey's through their ups and downs.
4. Would I read other stories by this author - Yes. I have. This is the third installment from Nicole Richard in the 'She's beautiful' series and I would have to say it's my favourite installment so far. With that in mind I'm looking forward to the next installment which I believe will be called 'Between him and us'.

It's a five star 'Yes' from me. Great read; loved it!
737 reviews9 followers
April 13, 2017
This was my first Nicole Richard read, and it was AMAZING. I absolutely loved Addilyn and RJ together, and their battle to get there. My heart broke for each of them, as they each faced different demons, and then both faced a tragedy that brought them back together. I am seriously out of words for how much I loved this book. It's one where you're reading, completely drawn in, it ends, and you sit there and think "wow. Just... wow." Seriously, a phenomenal must read!!!!!
Profile Image for Tammy.
1,320 reviews6 followers
April 4, 2017
High school sweethearts
Addie and RJ meet each other in high school, they go thru high school as the perfect couple until it's time for college. When Addie leaves for college she let's go of RJ, who still doesn't know what he wants to do with the rest of he's life besides be right beside Addie. 7 years later they meet up again at a time in their lives when they both needed each other again, can they find their way back to loving each other as easy as it was in high school or will they remain friends? Loved this book, the characters have amazing chemistry, and go thru some crazy high school times to some crazy adult real problems. Definitely recommend this book
Profile Image for Renee Mccleary.
200 reviews8 followers
April 4, 2017
This book was amazing. It is second chance romance. This book definitely took me by suprise and I loved every minute of it. I was expecting a HEAVY drama filled story but what I got was a sweet and panty melting story about two people finding thier way back to each other after years apart when a tragedy strikes with just the right amount of drama. I immediately fell in love with RJ and Addilyn. They are super sweet and explosive together. I really enjoyed this book and highly recommend it!
Profile Image for Crystal Singer.
331 reviews4 followers
March 19, 2017
My favorite Nicole Richards book to date! I absolutely couldn't wait to get my hands on RJ's story! Who knew everything that existed between these two! The past history, the absolutely beautiful love story!!!! Wow! Just wow. I was left speechless when finishing. If I could give it 10 stars I would! Highly recommend this one! Is apart of the She's Beautiful series but can be read as a stand alone.
Profile Image for Karie Gibson.
1,684 reviews12 followers
April 13, 2017
Where do I start with this book? I've always been a sucker for second chance books and this is one of the best. I was drawn in from the beginning and I couldn't put it down.
Young love can be very confusing, mix that with hormones and you get double. RJ and Addie were sweethearts through high school. Their best friends were also a couple from high school. Together they made a lot of memories and happy times.
You would think after seven years love would fade, not in the least. Not for RJ and not for Addie no matter what she tried to believe. Friendship is always first in a relationship and sometimes it's where we start over to remember the love.
You better have the kleenex and wine handy because this book will pull out all the emotions and feels. Needless to say, I am in love with this book and RJ.
Profile Image for Jennifer.
483 reviews6 followers
March 27, 2017
Such a great read by Nicole Richard! Reclaiming Us tells RJ and Addilyn's story. The reasons they were together, how they fell apart and how they found each other again. Such a great Second Chance Romance. I've been loving this She's Beautiful series by Nicole Richard and Reclaiming Us is just a wonderful addition to this series. This story will give you all the feels!!!
Profile Image for Susan.
961 reviews9 followers
October 1, 2022
I have devoured this series over the last three days. Seriously devoured! I made the mistake of starting this book at 10pm last night and read for about an hour before I went to sleep. But at 3am I found myself awake after dreaming about Addy and RJ. And I found myself up until 7:30 this morning before the need for a nap came in. And I still finished this by dinner (it would have been sooner, but you know, priorities and all got in the way).

I strongly recommend Reclaiming Us! I can't wait for the next book!
Profile Image for Erin.
444 reviews12 followers
May 12, 2017
I couldn't be more thrilled to stumble across this awesome author. She totally draws you in right away and makes it difficult to put the book down. I instantly fell in love with RJ and Addie Mae's story.... RJ will always be her protector regardless if they are together or not and that made this book so heartwarming. The struggles and trials these two faced felt real and overwhelming strong. Thank you Nicole for opening me up to awesome stories you tell.
Profile Image for Kelly Fountain.
908 reviews2 followers
October 22, 2018
I absolutely adore this series and the way Nicole writes! I get so much from these stories. She nailed it once again. Addie and RJ completely stoke my heart. I think this may be my favorite so far. I love the idea of high school sweethearts that get ripped apart and then find their way back to each other. I love it even more when I get all the detayand I fell like I’m walking their path with them. I laughed, I was sad and I certainly couldn’t stop smiling. Ready for the next one!!
Profile Image for zen_s.
1,613 reviews18 followers
July 16, 2017
[1.75 stars] book was so-so. but i felt that addie feels a bit sex-deprived in part one because she keep initiating sex with rj, and also part one is too lengthy as well. i would prefer the author to place more effort in writing the part two, like reconnect the hero & heroine slowly & progressively.
Profile Image for Sarah Gulyas.
555 reviews1 follower
November 5, 2017
This book was amazing!!! From the very first page until the very last, I just fell in love. The chemistry between RJ and Addie was just fantastic.

The very beginning reminded me of the movie Sixteen Candles and I couldn't help but picture RJ as Jake Ryan. And I LOVE Jake Ryan! It felt like the movie just continued with this book.

I wish I could rate this as 10 stars, it was that good!
Profile Image for The Book Fairy Reviews.
2,150 reviews40 followers
August 1, 2017
Addilyn and RJ are the epitome of the second chance romance. Their journey is addicting, passionate heart breaking and beautiful to read and absorb. From pain and struggle comes the most passionate tear jerking stories that you will read. Nicole Richard is the master at bringing you to the brink of heart ache and then glory of happiness.
Profile Image for Sheila Reynolds.
95 reviews5 followers
December 17, 2017
Series gets better with each book

This series started out solidly with The Beauty of Grace and has only continued to improve.
I loved RJ and Addie's story the most so far. This one will require Kleenex. Beautifully written.
I'd write more in the way of a review but I'm really eager to start book 4 now.....
Profile Image for Gwen Shafer.
1,830 reviews23 followers
October 14, 2018
Enjoyable

This series just gets better and better. I loved this couple. So many heart wrenching moments with this couple. Love RJ and seeing how strong he is through everything he has to face. Just an amazing love story with a great couple who gets a second chance to love each other.
7 reviews2 followers
November 2, 2017
Best of 3

This was my favorite of the series. Loved how much of the back story we got on these two! All of the books have same theme but I liked this one best!
Profile Image for Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog).
584 reviews53 followers
October 25, 2017
4.5 Stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💫
I was looking for a romance with a beautiful love story and not too much drama and angst, I found just what I was looking for with book three in the She’s Beautiful series. Reclaiming Us is a captivating second chance at love story that is sweet and romantic, but still super sexy.

I loved Addie and RJ from the moment we were introduced to them. They had an amazing connection and you could feel how very much in love they were with each other even at a young age. I loved how caring, thoughtful and respectful RJ was towards Addie, these traits just endeared me to him even more. Addie was an equally lovable character. She was smart, loving and fun. The sweet promises these two lovers made to each other simply made my heart smile.

Unfortunate circumstances do find these characters separated for 7 years. When they finally meet again they are now young adults in their mid-twenties. The attraction and connection is still there and the love that never went away is just bubbling below the surface. I enjoyed going along with them in their journey to find their way back to one another.

This is a great read. I recommend it to anyone looking for a good love story. I look forward to whatever comes next from Nicole Richard!
Profile Image for Jennifer Dicenzo.
437 reviews
April 13, 2017
There aren't too many books now a days that when I finished I want to unread it so I can read it all over again. This book by Nicole Richard was one of those books. I really loved Addilyn and RJ. They had such a connection you could feel it even when they weren't together. This book put me through every emotion possible in the best way. If you are looking for a great read this is the book! This is my first book by this author but by no means will it be my last.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Profile Image for Kristy.
1,254 reviews9 followers
April 13, 2017
A wonderful second chance romance. Addilyn & RJ had some major problems to work through, but it was done very well and with all the hotness of a darker romance and the feelings of a lighter romance. I'm sure I'll read more from Nicole Richard in the future.
Profile Image for Sassy Southern Book Blog.
3,641 reviews215 followers
April 13, 2017
A truly captivating second chance romance! I absolutely loved how the author spent so much time on RJ and Addilyn's younger years. With the authors amazing descriptive writing- I felt like I was watching shy RJ walk up to the girl of his dreams that first day they met at the football game. Their romance budded into something so amazingly sweet-but we feel like the other shoe is going to drop, and it does! We're left ripped wide open, almost as wide open as RJ is when Addilyn leaves him without a goodbye. Years go by-and when the two are thrown back together after tragedy strikes, they realize though they split, their loved burns for each other hotter than ever. The love scenes are kindle-melting hot! We're left with tears in our eyes when the characters we love so much split-but them coming back together has us so elated it's almost indescribable. The author has absolutely shown her writing talent and abilities getting readers to envoke such a range of emotions. Definitely a must read! - Victoria
Profile Image for Jen Zingaro.
971 reviews127 followers
April 13, 2017
This book was an emotional journey. It starts off when Addie and RJ meet in high school and follows their relationship through the next 10-11 years. Nothing about this story was predictable. It kept me riveted the whole way through. I love books like this where you can actually feel the intensity of the feelings that the characters share. I shed some tears at time while reading. I think that the plot encompassed a lot of real life topics that people need to deal with and that you don't see in stories too often. I really love how the story ends up though. Made my heart happy.
Profile Image for Zilpha Owens.
921 reviews9 followers
April 13, 2017
Such a sweet second chance romance. High school sweethearts that must make a decision about where they go after graduating leaves them to make choices that will change their lives. Fast forward 7 years to meet again because of the loss of a friend and the hurt and heartache are still there. They have to decide if they will move forward and reclaim what they had or give up on the promise they made all those years ago. Definitely recommend this book.
Profile Image for Latifa Morrisette.
2,306 reviews48 followers
Read
April 13, 2017
This story truly deserves more than five stars. From the moment I met RJ and Addie I just knew that they were meant for each other. This book is a part of the She's Beautiful series but it can totally be read as a standalone. If you don't have these two in your life hurry up and get this book. You will not be sorry!

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 35 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.