Start by marking “Solomon's Ring (Daughters of Light #2)” as Want to Read:
Solomon's Ring (Daughters of Light #2)

Solomon's Ring

(Daughters of Light #2)

Twin sisters Jade and Jasmine are finally together after a five-year separation, but there’s no time to enjoy the reunion. As Seers, the sisters are being hunted by demons spilling through the rift, and the city is on high alert against terrorist threats. The Protectors at Beaconsfield have gathered as many Seers as possible, as the countries that haven’t been destroyed by ...more
Published January 6th 2018 by Dundurn

To ask other readers questions about Solomon's Ring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solomon's Ring

Start your review of Solomon's Ring (Daughters of Light #2)
Kuzu
Oct 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
Note: received an ARC from Netgalley, this is the second in a series and I haven't read the first but there's a Star of David on the cover of this so I wanted to see how it dealt with Jewishness (spoiler: it doesn't). Therefore judging this book on its own merits alone and not as part of a series.

I honestly don't have anything good to say about this, sorry to say. It's just generally messy--both in terms of a plot line that should have been streamlined, and in terms of its treatment of its char
Sheila Goicea
1) Finding Jade: ★★★

I received a copy of this book via Netgalley, and a physical copy from Dun Durn in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Review to come!
Julie
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Sometimes when you start a series, you must absolutely start from the beginning to comprehend what is going on, however with Solomon’s ring, I had no problem getting into the story on book 2. Mary Jennifer Payne gave me just enough information to piece together the back story.

Reading this through my 40 something eyes is perhaps a little different than if I would have read this 20 years ago. In any case, my grown up self was drawn to a few key points within Solomon’s Ring.

Jenn
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Solomon's Ring picks up shortly after the events of Finding Jade. We are back in Toronto of 2032, where climate change terrorists continue to dominate world news. Jade has been released from the power of the Ibeji doll and The-Place-in-Between, and has been returned to her family. Jasmine and Jade have been continuing their training at Beaconsfield, but the demons are getting more and more ambitious, assuming the forms of the recently dead.

The continued use of Toronto as the main set
CR
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book two in the Daughters of Light series really has me thinking about the Daughter's of the Moon series from ages ago. I loved the pacing and the continuing story. This was another fast paced story with a few more pages than the first one. The author gave the reader enough information that if you ended up picking this one up without read book one I think you would be fine. But you still might miss some of the awesomeness that was in book one. I will say that parts of this story were slower ...more
Lisa Day
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
I didn't read Finding Jade, the first book in the Daughters of Light series by the Toronto author, and although I felt as though I missed a fair bit, it didn't leave me feeling lost. I had enough to pick up the story and enjoy it.
Maria Zuppardi
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Full review to come.

In short, this book definitely held my attention, and it was pretty cool! Hardcore fantasy/YA readers will definitely enjoy this one.

I received an ARC via NetGalley and the publisher. This does not change my opinion.
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley and Dundurn Publishers for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*

1.5 stars.
After having just finished reading the first book in this series, I was excited to read this one as I absolutely loved the first, (I gave it 4.5 stars!) Unfortunately, this one wasn't anywhere near as good. While it was good to hear more about the characters, I found this to be rather boring in parts. Compared to the first book, where there was a lot going on, nothi
Bob
Igrowastreesgrow
Mar 01, 2018
Ocean Weeks
Mar 09, 2018
Mary Jennifer Payne's writing has been published in journals, anthologies, and magazines both in Canada and abroad, and she is the author of several YA graphic novels. Since You've Been Gone is her first YA novel. She teaches with the Toronto District School Board and lives in Toronto.

Daughters of Light (3 books)
  • Finding Jade (Daughters of Light, #1)
  • Darkness Rising (Daughters of Light, #3)