Start by marking “Birdsong After the Storm: Giving Power to Communities to Speak for Wildlife in International Environmental Governance” as Want to Read:

We are failing to protect wildlife and marching towards a tragic future where the world is monetized and wildness is gone. We can design a different future – if we want to hear Birdsong After the Storm.

As we face the storm of climate change and political upheaval, we are designing a desolate future where the world is monetized and wildness is gone. A tiger’s footprints wil
ebook
Published 2017 by Stormbird Press

To ask other readers questions about Birdsong After the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birdsong After the Storm

Start your review of Birdsong After the Storm: Giving Power to Communities to Speak for Wildlife in International Environmental Governance
Clare O'Beara
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
With looks at countries in Africa and Asia, as well as a starting point in Australia watching a massive thunderstorm, this book searches out, condenses and reflects the current perilous situation with regard to climate change and extinction.

The best way to describe this is a condensed version of 'This Changes Everything' by Naomi Klein. However, the fact of distilling and condensing the material means that long and context-specific words are used disproportionately, so those who are new to the
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an essay, really, on the necessity of partnering with communities in areas where biodiversity most needs to be protected and managed to the benefit of all. Has a road map of sorts, based on the author's many years as a wildlife activist. "There is no new language available to emphasize the urgency with greater clarity. It has been said, time and time again. Something must change."
Ulla