Start by marking “Momo: My Everything” as Want to Read:
Momo: My Everything

Momo: My Everything

Brave the spotlight for the man he loves, or stay alone in the shadows…

William Harris is a reserved man, private and guarded. He has no one to go home to. He’s never found a man worth sticking around for. He’s never been in love. And he's convinced he's happy with his lone-wolf life.

Nate Kelly is William’s opposite, social and easy going. He comes into William’s life as th
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 95 pages
Published February 28th 2017 by Labyrinth Bound Press (first published October 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Momo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Momo

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
1.5 Hearts

I know it's gauche for a reviewer to compare books but I cannot figure out a better way to explain why this didn't work for me. Apologies for my creativite paucity.

I recently read The Impossible Boy by Anna Martin and if it were possible for a person and a book to have a meaningful relationship, we'd have one. Not that I was expecting a carbon copy of Martin's book, but I loved Stan's gender fluidity and Ben's acceptance of it and my motivation for choosing this was thinking it would b
Ele
Mar 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
~1.5 stars~

So much promise, but such a disappointing execution...

When I saw there would be a male geisha...

But no.

First and foremost, if you, like me, choose to read this for the crossdressing aspect...don't.
“Is that your full-time job?”

“Gracious no!” Nate placed his fingertips on his chest, as if my suggestion physically hurt him. “If I had to do that forty hours a week, I’d die."

Nate's words, not mine. There is a hot scene with William and Momo (Nate's name as a geisha) but that's about i
Sheri
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This is one of those hard to rate books.
There was a great deal I enjoyed. But there was also a fair amount that I had issues with. Those kind of issues that make you cringe and sigh aloud.

I liked both William and Nate, but I especially liked Nate.
William never really won me over and I'm sad about that.
I feel badly for him. He never really fit into his own skin. I'd like to say that he's not ashamed of the man that he is, but I think that's exactly it. That is, until he meets Momo.

Momo is a ge
Sandra
Many, many moons ago, I read the first chapter of this book in a different incarnation, and I also have the previously published version of the whole book.

I struggled with a review for a while, and I'm still not sure that what you're about to read is going to accurately convey my thoughts.

There were many things I liked about this book, especially Nate. His carefree, easy-going persona really appealed to me, but I could also see that he had much inner strength, and a forgiving nature, which was
Simone
***3.5 Stars***

"Does anyone ever really get another person?" Nate asked. "Everything they get is still filtered through their own lenses."

ۣ•ᎧƦᎥᏋƝᎢƛ꒒•ᗪƦᏋƛᗰς•~✿ڿڰۣ:

I'll second that! And it is not always the first impression that counts... Sometimes you have to take a closer - not to say a very close - look at somebody to see what makes him tick, to see through his facade. Regardless of the fact wether he is wearing an actual disguise or not.

William Harris and Nate Kelly meet during a company event at a Japanese teahou
V
This short story was lovely.
A gorgeous African american falling in love with a effeminate white man, working in a Japanese restaurant dress up as a Geisha.
Did I mentioned that is also free?
Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
Momo, My Everything was already released in the 2014 with the title The Measure of a Man, it was really short and I’ll be honest and say it didn’t satisfy me, I read it and it was just meh. It was very rushed and unfinished. I was so happy to know the author rework on it turning it into a novella.

Posy Roberts is one of my favorite authors, I loved all the books she wrote, I like her writing style and adore the characters she depicts. But this re-release was not a huge winner to me. While I enjoy
Sadonna
Apr 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: to-review, pdf, mm
This review and much more can be found at The Novel Approach

William is a buttoned up financial guy who while out for the evening with a work group meets Momo, a geisha, who is really a man. William finds Momo fascinating and beautiful. When Momo, aka Nate, slips him his number after William steps in on boorish behavior, it’s another surprise. But the bigger surprise is that William actually calls Nate and when they get together they have a really good time. William is not out at work though and
Adrianamae
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
sigh, sooo good!

Rounded up to 4, for freeby.
Leyna
Dec 11, 2017 marked it as maybe
Shelves: freebie, m-m, lgbtqia
Free on Amazon 12/11/2017

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

I never expected to use this gif with this author. Posy Roberts is one of my favorite authors. Her realistic words, characters and emotions get me every time I read one of her works. Its hard for me to write this review. I don't think this should have been a novella. It should have been full length. With the amount of backstory and characteristics that she put into William, it wasn't far to not get the same for Nate. So much information surrounding Will, and yeah it was told from his point of vi
Aղցela W.
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review Coming
Lorraine Lesar
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elegant romance between an African/American male and a stunning feminine male. It was beautifully executed from start to finish, my only gripe? I wish it was longer! Thoroughly enjoyed this.
Happily Ever Chapter
(READ AS PART OF THE "LONELY HEARTS" BUNDLE)
POV ~> First Person, William’s perspective
. William’s bigoted, sexist boss holds an office dinner meeting (?) at a teahouse where semi-closeted and very stoic William first meets Momo who, off the clock, is really Nate. Nate is a theater teacher to upper-crust kids whose parents want them to be the next box-office breakout star and plays the part of a geisha at a teahouse to fulfill his own acting joy.
William is attracted to both sides of this pers
Tailtiu
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free, cute-sweet
3,5☆ for The Measure of a Man
Elsi
Loveky story. Recommend for all who like m/m and it's free!
Natalie
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, amazon
Kind of meh. No real passion or emotion for me. Felt very detached from the story. Just not for me.
Sara MacRae Long
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an intriguing and enchanting story. My curiosity was captured and blossomed for me as soon as I read the “Author’s Note”, which referenced “The Measure of a Man”, the precursor to this book.

Writing style was fluid and engrossing, like a stroll along a flowered path in the spring; storytelling was compelling, and the various backdrops – ranging from the teahouse to the loctician’s shop, student theater, Nate’s apartment, and family interactions – were out of the ordinary and beguiling; and
Lora Graham
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: short
While I enjoyed this story, I can't help but feel like it was only half a story. There was very little of William's background, and none of Nate's. Very little interaction with either of their families or friends or coworkers, and even their time together seemed glossed over. It was better than I expected, but could have been even better had it been fleshed out more. But I do think William's coming to terms with the relationship was handled fairly well.
Les Joseph
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars rounded up to 4*

Posy Roberts has been one of my auto-buy authors ever since I read North Star. She never fails to write about remarkably diverse people and I so appreciate that. In her new short story, Momo: My Everything (which I understand is an extension of a previous shorter story--that I never read) we are introduced to two men who show that opposites can definitely attract. William and Nate epitomize the saying "first impressions aren't always correct." And the fact that Willia
Faye Errington
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I've never read anything about Geisha's before... it was pretty interesting and I learned a few things about Geisha's and tea ceremonies, so really enjoyed that aspect of the book

The book as a whole had so much promise...
I loved the characters and the storyline/plot,
but with the book only being 95 pages long I think the author cut out a lot of scenes and stuff that I think are really important.

For example: in books I love some of my favourite parts are "the 1st kiss" (swoon) and also "the 1st s
Aimee
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful short story.
Rachel
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another gorgeous story from Posy Roberts <3
Ilona
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, romance
Katie
Advance Review Copy generously provided by the author via Signal Boost Promotions.

The synopsis, y’all — lots of nuggets in there made me hopeful. The reserved guy (with locks!) brought out of his shell. A man in Geisha drag plus Japanese tea ceremonies. Falling in love with someone totally opposite from a pattern of attraction. That this started as a short-story (I didn’t read) but the author felt a need to expand and re-work because the characters deserved more.

Plenty there to get me excited.

Al
Beacullen
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
William has always led a careful life. Always so concerned about what someone might think of him, would they know he was gay. And if they know would they think he wasn't masculine because of it. When he meets Nate, he's shocked to find out the gorgeous geisha is actually a man in drag. Nate slips him his number and the two meet up for dinner. Nate is every bit as charming as Momo the geisha is. He is also very out as being gay, something that William struggles with. I loved how Nate makes Willia ...more
JenCW
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

William hasn't felt like he has fit in anywhere since he told his family he was gay. His twin brother didn't help matters and only after William moved away did things get somewhat easier for him. He keeps himself wrapped up tight at work and doesn't rock the boat. Then, he meets Momo at a work function and realizes she's really a man. He's highly intrigued, and Momo gives him her number.

Nate, aka Momo, is comfortable in his skin. He's very likable character. He sees the real William an
Love Africa Book Club
This is the story of closeted accountant William who is a ‘two-dimensional cardboard cut out’ of a person, to quote the book and how he comes out of the closet and accepts himself once he meets Momo/Nate. The story is told entirely from his point of view.

Nate works part-time as a female Geisha (Momo) which is how the two meet when William attends a company function at a Japanese tea house. William is attracted to Momo but can’t understand why since he usually went for masculine men and not someo
Edith Dunning
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
William goes to a work function at a tea house where one of the geishas catch his eye and he realizes that she's not just another girl,she is a man in drag. At the end of the evening a card is passed and a connection made. Loved the story building and characters,nate(momo) seems like the guy you want to hang out with. Loved this story and look forward to reading more from the author.
Ruth Evans
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
lovely well written book that is really great to read. William is a quiet reserved young man who feels an instant attraction to Nate (Momo). William meets him when Momo is working as a geisha. Throughout this book you will follow their relationship, feel Thier fears and watch them grow. The characters are easy to love which makes the story easier to become invested in.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book and I'm so glad I did it's amazing!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Billie Jean
  • Under Pretenses
  • Pink Lace and Stolen Hearts
  • In Another Life & Eight Days
  • Time to Remember
  • Fighting Dirty Too (Fighting Dirty, #2)
  • In the Blaze of His Hungers
  • Bite Marks and Bendy Straws (A series of vignettes, #1)
  • Brit Boys: On Boys
  • Matters of State (Space Portal Vector, #2)
  • The Truth About Forever
  • In Over His Head
  • Bishop's Angel
  • Lazy Valentines (Lazy Days #2)
  • Not a Word
  • Bitten by Desire  (Regent's Park Pack, #3)
  • Somethin' Dirty (Country Fever #4)
  • Life Drawing
Posy Roberts started reading romance when she was young, sneaking peeks at adult books long before she should’ve. Textbooks eventually replaced the novels, and for years she existed without reading for fun. When she finally picked up a romance two decades later, it was like slipping on a soft hoodie . . . that didn’t quite fit like it used to. She wanted something more.

She wanted to read about men