Start by marking “CSB Spurgeon Study Bible, Burgundy/Marble LeatherTouch®” as Want to Read:
CSB Spurgeon Study Bible, Burgundy/Marble LeatherTouch®

CSB Spurgeon Study Bible, Burgundy/Marble LeatherTouch®

Charles Spurgeon has been called the “Prince of Preachers.” He preached to over 10 million people in his lifetime, and his written sermons have impacted millions more. The CSB Spurgeon Study Bible features thousands of excerpts from Spurgeon’s sermons, chosen and edited by Alistair Begg in order to bring the richness of the Prince of Preachers’ insights into your daily stu ...more
Leather Bound, 1824 pages
Published November 1st 2017 by Holman Bible Publishers

Be the first to ask a question about CSB Spurgeon Study Bible, Burgundy/Marble LeatherTouch®

Brittany
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Spurgeon Study Bible is pretty impressive. The hardcover, tan and brown binding for the edition that I have is very nice to look at and comfortable to hold. I really like that this Bible includes two ribbon place markers. That is very handy.

I enjoy reading the Christian Standard Bible (CSB) interpretation and am happy that this is the interpretation used for this Bible. The font is a nice size and I do not have to squint or strain in order to read God’s word.

Charles Spurgeon’s notes are spre
Becky
I think I have been waiting--actively waiting--for *a* Spurgeon Study Bible to be released, at least eight or ten years. I found out last year that one would actually be released in 2017! It would be in the Christian Standard Bible translation. It would be edited by Alistair Begg. To say I was excited would be an understatement. The year seemed like one long wait until the release date in November.

I received this one for a birthday present in mid-November. I was THRILLED from the start. The pri
Mwvickers
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*This review was originally posted on my blog at martinwvickers.wordpress.com

Holman Bible Publishers has been coming out with some awesome Bibles containing their Christian Standard Bible (CSB) translation. One of the more unique ones has been “The Spurgeon Study Bible.”

Let me state up front that this is not a traditional study Bible. You will not find notes related to culture, words studies, hermeneutics, or application as we would normally think of it. The only part of this that matches normal
Amanda Geaney (Christian Shelf-Esteem)
I obtained my copy of the CSB Spurgeon Study Bible at the end of November. This has allowed me a little over a month to familiarize myself with both the Christian Standard Bible (CSB) translation as well as the addition of Spurgeon's works in this publication. Four covers are available from the publisher, I'm reviewing the cloth over board edition.

Exterior Appearance: When I unboxed my new Bible, I was pleased with the oatmeal and brown color scheme. Details such as C.H. Spurgeon's signature emb
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Spurgeon Study Bible is a very neat idea. As most people somewhat acquainted with Mr. Spurgeon know, he was not a verse-by-verse through a book of the Bible kind of preacher. He usually would choose a verse (or portion of verses) for one Sunday and would preach on that and then preach on another (non-related, often from a whole different book)verse the next week. And also, some may also notice that his preaching was not always very exegetical.

That being said, this commentary is a great comp
Johnny
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is value in studying a specific pastor or theologian-to read everything that he has written and to study his life. For John Piper it was Jonathan Edwards. For Jonathan Edwards it was David Brainerd. For the man who loves C. H. Spurgeon and wants to get to know him as you read God’s Word, then this Bible is for you. Because of my own personal love for Charles Spurgeon, I jumped at the chance to review this new Bible that is being published by B & H Publishing in the CSB translation.

One
Monica
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charles Spurgeon has been impacting people through his sermons since the late 1800s. He has been called the "Prince of Preachers." Holman has recently released a Spurgeon Study Bible to feature Charles Spurgeon's excerpts chosen and edited by Alistair Begg.

The CSB Spurgeon Study Bible features the text of the Christian Standard Bible "which stays as literal as possible to the Bible's original meaning without sacrificing clarity." Along with the Bible text, this Bible features an introductory bio
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Spurgeon Study Bible is a book edited by Alistair Begg and published by Holman. This Bible is written in the CSB translation, and it includes sermons and notes from Charles Haddon Spurgeon, the prince of preachers. This Bible features Spurgeon’s actual handwriting, which I find to be really cool. The Bible has color maps, a concordance, and two ribbon bookmarks.

I really like the font size; it’s very easy on the eyes. The page thickness is just about right, so the text on the previous page do
Bill Pence
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was excited when I first heard about this new Study Bible due to my admiration and respect for both Charles Spurgeon and Alistair Begg. Charles Spurgeon was called the “Prince of Preachers.” He was a great Reformed Baptist preacher in London. He preached to over 10 million people in his lifetime (1834-1892), and his written sermons have impacted millions more. The new Study Bible is edited by Alistair Begg, longtime Senior Pastor, author, conference speaker and Bible teacher on the radio progr ...more
Create With Joy
The CSB Spurgeon Study Bible is a rich study Bible that readers of Spurgeon will love. What I appreciate most about this Bible is its creative design concept – the love, care and attention to detail that is evident throughout – and the fact that even though this isn’t a large print Bible, the text was clear, legible, and readable throughout.

The CSB Spurgeon Study Bible has a number of unique features, including sermon and Bible study notes by Spurgeon - many in his own handwriting!

To read my rev
Brian Chilton
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great study Bible. I was a bit disappointed that there weren't more study notes than there were. The biblical text is very readable which is a plus. All-in-all, this is a great study Bible, but I prefer the CSB Study Bible for serious study and the CSB Spurgeon Study Bible for devotions.
Michy
Marcus Alford
Nov 13, 2017
Jonathan Elwing
Jan 03, 2019
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
“But be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.” 1 likes
“Christians can never count on a moment’s peace. If we were of the world, the world would love us as its own, but because we as true saints are not of the world, the world hates us.” 0 likes