Start by marking “How Do You Say I Love You?” as Want to Read:
How Do You Say I Love You?

How Do You Say I Love You?

Learn how to say “I love you” in ten different languages with this heartwarming board book.

“I love you” may sound different around the world, but the meaning is the same. From China, to France, to Russia, to Brazil, and beyond, this charming board book features “I love you” in ten different languages.
Board Book, 26 pages
Published December 5th 2017 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about How Do You Say I Love You?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Do You Say I Love You?

Start your review of How Do You Say I Love You?
Heidi
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: board-books
This adorable board book teaches that while there are numerous ways to say I love you, the feeling behind the words is the same. The author even manages to keep rhyming, even when presenting the words in other languages, quite impressive. Thankfully the pronounciations for each phrase are shown under each phrase. The illustrations are cute and appropriate and even include some cultural icons to connect with each language. But the focus here is on the love between the children and the people ...more
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think we all know that we seem to be needing a few more words of love in this world these days. Happily, there is this new board book, How Do You Say I Love You by Hannah Eliot and Shirley Ng-Benitez. In gentle rhyme, the author and illustrator share ways to say I love you in Italy, Japan, Spain, Russia, Egypt, Brazil, Germany, France, India, and China. Let's all learn how to say these words wherever we are and to whoever we meet. Let's start with our young with this board book.
Earl
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
A multilingual book of how to say I Love You in ten different languages. Very sweet. I appreciate the pronunciation guides.
Amy
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
How do you say I love you? Is it with a smile, a hug or in a different language?
In this exploration of language and love, How Do You Say I love You takes little readers on a journey around the world. From Italy to Japan, Russia and Brazil, readers will learn how to say “I love you,” in ten new languages. Adorable illustrations, pronunciation guide, and each country’s familiar landmarks; it gives readers everything they need for saying- I love you.

you can find more of my reviews and giveaways
Amanda
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, board-books
Loved the illustrations--charming!--and loved how it included languages not usually featured in children's books. So many great ways to say I love you! Just wish that emphasis marks were included as I wish to know that I am pronouncing things the right way when I'm reading it to the children. Small detail.
Brittany
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet book. Loved the illustrations. Rhyming was fun but a little clunky sometimes.
Kimberly
Very sweet.
Natashasiberian79adgmail.Com
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A raed and cuddle book.
Kendall Ball
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1000-books
Super cute! Helpful pronunciation tips for all languages represented!
Maria Shuffit
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owen-s-books
Really loved this book that teaches you how to say "I love you" in many different languages. I especially appreciated the fact that it included a phonetic guide!
Jesse
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1000-b4-k, boardbooks
A sweet introduction to a simple phrase in several languages. I especially appreciated the phonetic pronunciation of each phrase and the author's effort to craft verse around each phrase.
Beckie
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute book on different ways to say I love you.
Yewan Waddell-Babcock

• Richard Scarry's Busy Busy Cars and Trucks
  • I Belong: A book about being part of a family and a group
  • Little Pookie
  • Unicorn Thinks He's Pretty Great
  • Uni the Unicorn (Uni the Unicorn, #1)
  • Black Bird Yellow Sun
  • Jamberry
  • A is for Awesome
  • Dinosnores
  • Cookie (Sesame Street Friends)
  • Happy Birthday from the Very Hungry Caterpillar
  • In the Quiet, Noisy Woods
  • Llama Llama Hoppity-Hop
  • Adventures with Barefoot Critters
  • I Love My Daddy
  • Mama, Is It Summer Yet?
  • From Head to Toe
Hannah Eliot is a children’s book editor who lives in Manhattan, New York. Her favorite activities include editing (of course), writing, painting, and doodling all over every piece of notebook paper she uses.