Start by marking “Murder at the Cathedral (Exham on Sea Mysteries #4)” as Want to Read:
Murder at the Cathedral (Exham on Sea Mysteries #4)

Murder at the Cathedral

(Exham on Sea Mysteries #4)

What if the police suspect your best friend of murder?

There’s a body in the cathedral library, among the priceless books chained to the shelves, and it seems Libby Forest’s friend, Angela, could be the killer.

The last thing female sleuth Libby needs is another investigation into a mysterious sudden death. There’s enough on her plate already. The fast-growing cake and
Published February 10th 2017 by AinsleyAssociates

To ask other readers questions about Murder at the Cathedral, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder at the Cathedral

Start your review of Murder at the Cathedral (Exham on Sea Mysteries #4)
Leslie
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cops, mystery, ku
This is fourth book in the series and we have pretty much moved past Libby's late husband and his issues and she is enjoying her relationship with Max and Bear. Mandy is growing up and making choices which Libby questions. When a visiting researcher is killed at the cathedral Libby's friend begs her to help investigate. She isn't sure she wants to join Max's in a private investigation scheme, she isn't sure she wants to join Max in Holy Matrimony. When the police chief's girlfriend's house burns ...more
Karen
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Libby's business is blooming, leaving her not much time to sleuthing; she only steps in when her friend becomes a suspect.
With "Murder at the Cathedral", Frances Evesham has created a nicely woven suspense story with local flair and a touch of romance. The story comprises a broad variety of lovingly elaborated characters with sufficient depth and interesting interactions to solve the murder cases. This book intensified my feeling of being home, an invisible inhabitant of Exham on Sea. I was as
Elizabeth Ducie
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The latest in the series, Murder in the Cathedral sees Libby not only pursuing her twins skills of cooking and detecting, but also learning to knit - a bit, anyway. There is the usual great cast of characters, including old favorites Mandy and the wonderful Bear; and it's nice to see Libby and Max continuing to develop their relationship. I didn't guess the culprit, although on reflection, all the clues were there. Highly recommended as a 'curl up in front of the fire on a grey Sunday afternoon' ...more
Niken Widyastuti
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book I’ve been waiting for. I adore all previous three books of the series. I love the characters, and the town where the stories took place.

The fourth instalment of this series is as enjoyable as the previous books. This time, Libby was not planning to get involved in the murder investigation, but our beloved amateur sleuth just couldn’t resist to dig deeper. There were twist and turn, surprises at every turn, heart-warming scenes, a bit of suspense, and of course a whole lot of mystery.

I
 J Alm
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Libby gets in deep and Mandy has a few problems

First a murder at the Cathedral, then a fire, a meeting with several strangers and a missing cat. Libby has a lot to deal with in this book.

Max pops in and out. Discussions on haunted houses, a yarn bombing and Joe (max's policeman son) making several appearances.

It was a fun read. There is a lot happening but the story flowed well not losing sight of the murder. Figuring it out was a mine field for Libby with many factors muddying the waters.

The
Chandu Prasannan
Again thrilling and easy reading. Lots of twists and turns and surprise at the end. Would recommend reading all the books in the series.
Jewett
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
okay - not great
Tony Parsons
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Giles Temple (PhD) the Wells Cathedral librarian had to make sure all the 18th century were locked up & accounted for.
They were very rare/valuable.
Crime Scene Do Not Enter tape was everywhere around the library.
Dr. Phillips the head librarian was lying on the floor face up.

Giles had been murdered.
Exham. Mrs. Libby Forest (widow, landlady), brought Angela Miles (Libby’s BFF), back to the cottage she shared with Mandy (apprentice, lodger, panic attacks) & Fuzzy (marmalade cat).
As
Cathy Ryan
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5*
Libby Forrest and her friend Angela Miles are enjoying coffee and a chat in Wells Cathedral café. Angela is a volunteer guide at the cathedral. They unintentionally witnessing an argument between Libby’s lodger, Mandy and her boyfriend, Steve who is Angela’s nephew. As Mandy storms out Angela’s phone rings. There’s been a murder…..

Giles Temple, a historian, has been researching at the cathedral library and was found that morning by Dr Phillips, the librarian. Libby is determined not to
Michael Cayley
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime
A pastiche of a 1930s-style crime novel. If you want a gritty gruesome murder novel, this will not be for you. There are no gory descriptions of corpses. Instead, you have a relatively light-hearted crime story, with little in the way of strong emotion, with some of the stock characters you find in works of the classic period of crime fiction: the female amateur sleuth; the slightly bumbling senior police officer; the man who takes advantage of other women’s emotional needs in a rather caddish ...more
Nikki Brown
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: frances-evesham
Another mystery for Libby to solve, along with Max, Mandy and Bear the sheepdog along with Fuzzy the cat.

A man is murdered in the library at the Cathedral and Libby's friend, Angela is taken in as a suspect. Fortunately, Joe, Max's Son doesn't think it's Angela so Libby and Max try and find out who did it.

Reginald comes in the scene, an American friends of Max's, Mandy becomes quite smitten.

Couple that with another attempted murder, another death and Libby and Max's romantic situation still
Suzanne
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
My second read in this Series, having enjoyed Book 1 back in 2017 ..

This is Book 4 .. the crime element is again meatier than a Cozy Crime story, the plot is well worked out and believable - which I liked .. Just enough smoke and mirrors to keep you guessing ..
It took me longer to get into the characters this time, mainly because of the time between the two reads, but also because I've not read books 2&3, and the personali lives have moved along ..

Loving the Somerset location and will be
Deirdre
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for fast cozy mysteries, these are good books to while away the hours. This particular book was not as much to my taste as Murder on the Tor, but I've got another one waiting in the wings that I'll begin in just a few hours, so my yen for entertainment may be fulfilled shortly.
Susan Thompson
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Marriage Proposal

When did that happen? Must have missed that in previous book! Not bad but the problem solved in the few pages with characters not in plot before. That said I am in too deep so have just purchased the las two in series
Shelby
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I stumbled across this series by accident and I am so happy that I did. The plot line is excellent. With each book more information about the characters emerge. Can't wait to read the next book!
Cindy Chambers
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another good read

I do enjoy these mysteries and the characters. I am not too fond of Libby and Max however; if I were Max I would leave Libby strictly alone. But on the whole really like the books.
Sluserfive
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm sure that my life will

“Who are the other people? Oh, that’s the librarian.” Angela pointed. “The lady in the middle of the picture, next to Giles, is the dean’s wife, Imogen Weir. She works in the library once a week, as I do, but on different days. I don’t know her well.”
Karen Broughton
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
lovely cosy read, loving this series.
Kathleen Sweeney
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like this series. It is an easy, interesting read. Entertaining for a quick read.
Nicole
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
For a shorter book, it packs a pretty nice punch! Now that I have found the 1st 3 books in the series, I plan to start from the beginning.
Audrey
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent lunchtime reading. Highly recommend!
Karen Matlack
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gets better each book

Another easy to read story from Exham on the Sea. Enjoyed the characters and development of their personalities. Looking forward to the next one to see where it takes us.
Teresa Perrott
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gripping

Do you love a mystery that grips you? Then this is the book for you! I love this series of books that can also be read as a stand alone books as well.
Suzanne Liles
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for the next book.

I want to see what mess Libby gets into next. I have read all four in this series. Surely there are more.
Tina Marking
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Keeps my interest! Great cozy mystery series. Love the strong relationship between Libby and Max.
Sue
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good story

I read the other stories in this series and they were all excellent. Libby and Max make a great team.
Barrie Baker
Oct 04, 2019
HM Stevens
Apr 16, 2018
Maureen
Oct 14, 2017
Mrs Pamela Thornton
Dec 03, 2018

• No Laughing Matter (Melissa Craig, #11)
  • Exhaustive Enquiries (Melissa Craig, #4)
  • Sweet Venom (Melissa Craig, #12)
  • The Flower Show Murder (Monica Noble, #2)
  • Finishing Touch (Melissa Craig, #2)
  • The Fourth Suspect (Melissa Craig, #10)
  • Over the Edge (Melissa Craig, #3)
  • The Cherry Pickers (Melissa Craig #8)
  • The Missing Wife (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries #2)
  • Crime in the Convent (Detective Markham Mystery #3)
  • The Curse of Braeburn Castle (Heathcliff Lennox #3)
  • Crime in the Hospital (Detective Markham Mystery #4)
  • The Teatime Mystery (Jenny Starling, #6)
  • The Black Cat Murders: A Cotswolds Country House Murder (Heathcliff Lennox Book 2)
  • The Vicarage Murder (Monica Noble, #1)
  • The Country Inn Mystery (Jenny Starling, #7)
  • The Fossil Murder: A Clara Fitzgerald Mystery (The Clara Fitzgerald Mysteries Book 15)
  • Murder on the West Coast

Exham on Sea Mysteries (6 books)
  • Murder at the Lighthouse (Exham on Sea Mysteries #1)
  • Murder on the Levels (Exham on Sea Mysteries #2)
  • Murder on the Tor (Exham on Sea Mysteries #3)
  • Murder at the Bridge: An Exham on Sea Cosy Murder Mystery (Exham on Sea Mysteries Book 5)
  • Murder at the Castle: An Exham on Sea Mystery Whodunnit (Exham on Sea Mysteries Book 6)