Start by marking “Illustration: What's the Point?: A Book of Illustrated Illustrations that Illustrate Illustration” as Want to Read:

Of all the graphic arts, illustration is currently the most dynamic and exciting. In every medium - advertising, book publishing, product design, houseware and home furnishings - new talents are emerging, making their mark and (in some cases) a fortune out of their illustration skills.

But why? In this uniquely presented book, gifted illustrator Mouni Feddag takes on the su
Published October 3rd 2017 by Ilex Press

To ask other readers questions about Illustration, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Illustration

Nicole
Jun 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Attraction is just distraction that you enjoy.

I don't think I have ever read a book quite like this, so I'm having a hard time rating it. It's short, with little text and a lot of illustrations, but can't exactly be categorised as a comic book (although there are a few pages of the usual comic-style panels). Also, while it doesn't have the most beautiful art, it's definitely an eccentric and fun read to pass time.
We feel something particular when we look at appealing pictures - we j
Dita
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m in the middle of two thick (almost 500 pages) books, and I’m all about accomplishment, so I pick a fun and quick read.
The illustration class has finished, but I intend to keep learning about it. It’s been fun and very fulfilling. This book by Mouni Feddag explains illustrations with illustrations (illustraception!) in an amusing way. I’m never a fan of pencil color illustrations but I like her style a lot. Also, in the back there’s a list of further reading! How I love book list 😄😄
Here we go
Noora
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Bought the book based on the fact that I like the author's illustrations- I made a mistake! I did actually enjoy the illustrations but this is a book I had high expectations for- another mistake! I was in the middle of learning about illustrations and what parts of text should be illustrated and such issues. I thought this book had something to add to that. Ah well, my bad! This by the way doesn't mean others might not find it a fun "read" although I think it's pretty sketchy scratching the surf ...more
Joyce
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love love this book because of the illustrations style which is just so fun, beautiful and quirky. I like how it talks about points on illustration, but I would have liked a more elaborated version. Overall a light hearted, fun read with beautiful illustrations and I would definitely recommend it to friends.
Nasaya Mafaridik
Captivated by the illustration

I admire Mouni’s style of illustration but I don’t think I can say I’m satisfied with this book. I really wish Mouni will elaborate more about ‘the point of illustration’. But I still want to have the printed copy for the pleasure of my eyes (only got the Kindle version for now).
Jessica
Aug 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
three word review: what's the point?
Mok