Start by marking “Love in the Middle” as Want to Read:
Love in the Middle

Love in the Middle

Love stories are for the young, he's decided, and Sam Mayer is most certainly not young. He's building a new life for himself, after cancer and divorce chewed up and spit out his old one. It's called 'middle age' for a reason and that's because it is not the time to start something new... or is it? ...more
Published February 11th 2017 by Pipe & Thimble Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Love in the Middle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in the Middle

Start your review of Love in the Middle
Sara
Mar 06, 2017 added it
Shelves: contrmporary-r
4.5 stars, review to follow on Boundless Book Reviews
TDCbookreviews
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sam has recently recovered from cancer and a divorce, while Annie is suffering from Multiple Sclerosis and a breakup. They have been friends for years but kept at a distance, but now that they are both single maybe the timing is just right. Although they are no longer spring chickens, can their love still blossom and grow or will it wither before the seeds are fully planted?

I thought this book was very charming. It was very sweet to read as the love story between Sam and Annie unfolded, and it
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

… seeing himself in the altogether, but for a pair of knit boxers, Sam saw his father from the neck down. Between the months being sedentary during treatment, and his depression over the breakup of his marriage, his life seemed to have settled around his middle and also seemed determined to stay there.

… a different person emerges from the quagmire of illness. Kind of like a butterfly, Sam mused. The caterpillar pretty much disintegrates before turning into a butterfly. Completely
Jessica Silagy
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I purchased this book in a local indie bookstore!

I love the story line completely! Sam thinks the love is just not in the deck of cards for him. Until he meets Annie. They have loved and been hurt. They have battled their demons and their illnesses. It seems fate has given them another chance to find that special someone. I love that the story shows what happens in real life. This is not your average love story or romantic fairytale. It's real and the characters have depth.

10/10 - would recomm
Judy Ferrell
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
They fought to win!

Sam and Annie both fight life threatening diseases to win a once in a lifetime love. Barbara Lieberman delves deep into the human heart to find the love and fear and bring it to light in Love in the Middle.
Boundless Book Reviews
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this story, I mean really, really loved this story. The only issue I had was I would get confused on who was speaking and need to go back and re-read the conversation.  I had to do this a lot.  It kept the story from being a smooth read.  I think this might have been more of a formatting issue.  Maybe it’s just me.

I loved the story of Sam and Annie it was so full of heart and so endearing.  It just shows that love can be found at any age at any stage of health.  I loved it.  It
Allison
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novel was recommended to me while I was looking for contemporary romances to read.

I very much enjoyed this story. The main character was easy to relate to. (view spoiler)

I definitely need to find more reads like this one!
Ellie Lieberman