Start by marking “Weapon X, Vol. 1: Weapons of Mutant Destruction Prelude” as Want to Read:
Weapon X, Vol. 1: Weapons of Mutant Destruction Prelude

Weapon X, Vol. 1: Weapons of Mutant Destruction Prelude

(Weapon X (2017) (Collected Editions) #1)

Decades ago, the Weapon X Program produced the deadliest mutant killers on the planet. Now, with more research, more funding and more Adamantium at its disposal, the all-new Weapon X Program isn't just experimenting on mutants anymore...it's eradicating them - all of them -using killer cyborgs that can hide in plain sight. Now it's up to the uneasiest of all alliances -bet ...more
Published September 5th 2017 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Weapon X, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weapon X, Vol. 1

Start your review of Weapon X, Vol. 1: Weapons of Mutant Destruction Prelude
Jeff
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comix
Hey, Goodreaders! Mad Libs are fun for the whole family! Just fill in the blanks with whatever word comes to mind. Feel free to print this out and take it with you on that long ride to the beach, lake or mountain.

Weapon X Mad Libs

Because Old Man Logan is really old, he can’t feel his ___________ and has trouble ____________ing especially after he _________s. His old pal, Sabretooth pays him a visit and they _________ but not before dispatching a mutant killing _________.

“What the _______ ?, y
Paul E. Morph
Ehh... This wasn't terrible but I was overcome with the feeling that I'd read all this before. Oh, and I'm really not a fan of Greg Land's art, which didn't help. For completists only, I think.
Chad
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Some adamantium laced robots try to capture mutants plus the Hulk to duplicate their powers in said robots. It feels like this has all been done before with the Reavers and Cypher and half a dozen other Wolverine villains. BTW, when did Warpath get healing powers? It's bad enough he can fly now.
Gianfranco Mancini

Nothing original here, but I was in the mood to read an action packed brain shutting comic book and this one was just perfect, Greg Land's artworks are far better than usual and storyline seems a cheesy X-Force 90s one. The villain mastermind revelation totally hooked me and rised final vote for good.

Chris Lemmerman
[Read as single issues]
By popular demand (maybe? I dunno anymore) Weapon X are back - by which I mean, all of the mutants that have been affected by them in the past, plus some friends, band together to fight the original Weapon X who have made some new mutant hunting cyborgs. This one takes a little explaining.

Old Man Logan, Sabretooth (newly uninverted after Axis? I can't really tell), Lady Deathstrike, Warpath, and Domino unite when adamantium laced cyborg monsters come for them, only to find
David
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books
Fairly decent Wolverine story. The Greg Land art looks kind of "off." It doesn't really look like Greg Land art. Been seeing that a lot in Marvel lately. Known and familiar artists art looking "off". Something's been spoiling the stew.
Frédéric
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, x-whatever
All action and more plot than character driven, this one is a total no-brainer but actually rather enjoyable.

Old Man Logan, Sabretooh and Domino unite against a new kind of enhanced cyborgs laced with DNA samples of mutants of interest such as Lady Deathstrike and Warpath who literally want their blood or at the very least their DNA.
Seems like someone reopened the Weapon X program to create a WMD (M standing for mutant).

Action. Action. Action. Nothing but. Well handled by Greg Pak, the plot u
47Time
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's been a while since I've read a superhero comic, but this series has some pretty cool villains. When the teamup is complete it has some of the blandest dialogue ever, but the visceral artwork makes up for it.

A secret organization is hunting the subjects of the old Weapon X program. Logan is one of the targets. He barely escapes after being attacked by two beings that look human, but are adamantium cyborgs underneath. He needs allies, so he looks to Sabertooth whom he suspects is also a targe
Adan
May 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
I hope this gets better, man. I really like Pak a lot, but these first couple of issues just weren’t very good. I can’t tell if Sabretooth is still Axis-ified and good, if he’s reverted to bad old Creed, or if he’s something in the middle. And why are he and Domino flirting all the time? It’s weird. So yeah, I hope this gets better (and has more way more Warpath).
Solseit
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a good read for me. I missed the grittier titles of the X-Men.

Craig
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not the most original, but this is just action-packed mayhem from start to finish. If you're in the right mood (like I was), this might just hit the sweet spot...
Derek
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars, really. Frankly, I enjoyed this more than I expected to, based on the little I knew of it before reading.

This is a fun Marvel mutant comic, plain and simple. There's nothing that you could call groundbreaking here but writer Greg Pak does his best to keep some very familiar tropes from feeling too stale.

Piercing social commentary? No. Observations about the mutable nature of identity? No. Some fierce ladies and gentlemen with claws brawling with cyborgs and then a Hulk shows up? Yes!
C. Varn
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than expected

Greg Pak creates something fun and face-paced with a vaguely Claremont influenced plot that acknowledges current continuity but really does invoke classic Wolverine. It's different enough to not feel like a pastiche or a rehash, but the tone, feel, and pacing are right. It's not a perfect story and does rely on some knowledge of classic X-men but it is surprisingly engaging.
Greg (adds 2 TBR list daily) Hersom
#1 just came out this week; Hersom read the digital version. Hersom likes, Hersom likes very much.
Shannon Appelcline
Pak assembles a great team here. Oh, it's basically just the newest version of X-Force, but still it's a nice set of characters. I'm displeased that the plotline of Creed trying to become a different person has been utterly dropped, and that there's no longer any subtlety in his character … but I feel like everyone else is well-characterized.

Unfortunately, Pak takes that strong team that's generally well-characterized, and tells a pretty boring story about them, as we fight "adamantine cyborgs"
Emily Beck
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun intro to a new series. Excited about the return of Stryker to the X-world
Scott Lee
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think Pak did a really good job here. He gathers an interesting set of characters--personally I'm not assuming all of them stick around for whatever the actual "Weapons of Mutant Destruction" turns out to be. I don't think Yuriko sticks around, and I'm not sure Creed makes it either...depends on where he falls on the hero villain scale in future volumes--and puts them in for quite a fight. What I love is that it's the characters themselves, their personalities, their experience etc. rather tha ...more
Roman Colombo
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel
This is a very plot-driven book. It’s not that the character development is bad or nonexistent, it’s that the characters don’t really have time to develop because they’re constantly being attacked by crazy Weapon X cyborgs. It’s intense. The cyborgs don’t just have the “we can look like anyone” trait, they can be almost anything. There are cyborg birds. Warpath is even attack by Cyborg horses! Horses! Not even space is safe, since that’s where they went after Hulk.
The book is fun, but Pak might
Andy
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great start to a very promising series.

Right off the bat, the story is quite engaging and very direct and clear. I love that since for the most part comics are now short stories with a thin thread of relevance. In weapon X the characters have come together and there is a clear route to the plotline. I appreciate simplicity sometimes.

The characters have chemistry and work off each other surprisingly well. I was a little skeptical but through the entire volume, I saw a dysfunctional and complex
C
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Continuing the great x-read of 2017/18...

This one basically landed with a resounding "meh" for me. It certainly wasn't awful (it was nice, at least, to see Sabertooth written in character in opposition to how he was written in the entirety of the Uncanny X-Men run that just ended...) but there wasn't a lot of meat to the story either. This volume is all slashing claws and story set up and there isn't much here that makes me crazy to read further volumes, to be honest. (Maybe Domino as I love her
Juan
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Before writing my review, I glimpsed over some other reviews to get a feel. My impression is that is wasnt too much well liked but I enjoyed the arc.

The majority of the Volume is Weapon X issues, only one issue of Totally Awesome Hulk included but totally necessary despite me having read them as individual issues.

I really enjoyed the bad guys. A lethal group of cyborgs hunting the best and deadliest mutants to create a super mutant killer. I have to admit I think the premise is insane and canno
Adam Fisher
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very much a prelude to the next huge storyline, Weapon X (previously Uncanny X-Men: Superior) is all about the gathering of the team. Beginning with Old Man Logan (also seen in the pages of X-Men: Gold) getting attacked in the wilderness by metal cyborg assassins, it seems that the Weapon X program is being reactivated.
Gathering samples of DNA from Logan, as well as Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike, Warpath, and Domino, the program is hoping to create the ultimate hunter/killer. But... only when th
Quentin Wallace
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Weapon X is the evil government program that just will not die. Here we have the group resurfacing again, with killer adamantium cyborgs based on mutant physiology.

The group has captured Lady Deathstrike and they want Warpath, Logan, Sabretooth, Domino and even The Hulk. As you can imagine, that's not going to be an easy group to capture.

This is one of the bet X-Men titles I've read in years (at least this volume was, I hope the quality continues) mainly due to the fairly straightforward storyl
Christian Zamora-Dahmen
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm not really a fan of action driven stories, mostly because they tend to be just a series of punches and testosterone driven catch phrases, but Greg Pak has a way with these kind of stories that they become interesting and you just can't stop. Yes, there's a lot of testosterone, but Pak dares to explore the different personalities of the characters involved and that's a delight.
The pace is quite slow, I highly doubt I would have survived the story on a monthly basis, but as a set, it works per
Drown Hollum
Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: superhero
This wasn't bad, and was pretty fun to read. Land's art isn't too terribly distracting, given effective colors, and Pak's script does its job of delivering some X-Force style action without dumbing down too low. It's a prelude book, so it's all set-up for a larger event, which typically drives me nuts. In this instance though, I was just excited to read the featured characters, and I'm genuinely interested in what Weapons of Mutant Destruction has to deliver. Truthfully though, I just want a Dom ...more
Anthony
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great story bringing together some of the best X-Men characters out of the infamous Weapon X program, fans are treated to a look at one of the toughest, most brutal fighters in the Marvel Universe. Fantastic artwork showcases the harsh reality of the team’s missions, and the dark humor that some of the team infuses into their dialogue that keeps the character interactions flowing smoothly. A great read in the modern Marvel era.
James
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. This may be a simple plot but it was still a lot of fun. Some cyborg robots come after Logan so he decides to recruit Sabertooth, who was also attacked. Along the way these two scoop up Domino and Totally Awesome Hulk joins the party. The banter between Logan and Creed was great and Greg Lands art is always awesome. Now that our team has raided one facility only to discover that it isn’t the main spot they want, they are going after the big headquarters. Should be fun.
Sebastian Song
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
The premise is great, a super robot, made in adamantium and based on the best of breed. The healing powers of Wolverine & Sabretooth, their fighting and hunting powers, Domino's luck factor, Warpath's flight and improved healing and finally Hulk's strength. However, the pace is lack lustre and it's hard to be involved with the characters. Opportunity missed. ...more
Baba
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Who'd be crazy enough to go after Domino, Warpath, Creed, Old Man Logan and Lady Deathsstrike.. well Weapon X of course. The facility is back clever, smarter and more dangerous than ever before? What can I say, good story... and.. ready for it... OK art by Greg Land :D
A solid 7 out of 12, you know 3.5 stars.
Beelzefuzz
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Decent. There is a second artist making Greg Land's stuff mildly less offensive than usual, so that was refreshing. I found it odd that one writer did this crossover and still seemed to have a plot inconsistency between Weapon X #2 and Hulk #19. Did he not even read his own script?

• X-Men Gold, Vol. 1: Back to the Basics
  • Generation X, Vol. 2: Survival of the Fittest
  • Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Vol. 5: Past Lives
  • X-Men Gold, Vol. 4: The Negative Zone War
  • X-Men Red, Vol. 1: The Hate Machine
Greg Pak is an award-winning Korean American comic book writer and filmmaker currently writing "Ronin Island" and "Firefly" for BOOM and “Star Wars: Darth Vader" and "Atlantis Attacks" for Marvel Comics. Pak wrote the "Princess Who Saved Herself" children's book and the “Code Monkey Save World” graphic novel based on the songs of Jonathan Coulton and co-wrote (with Fred Van Lente) the acclaimed “M ...more

Weapon X (2017) (Collected Editions) (5 books)
  • Weapon X, Vol. 2: The Hunt for Weapon H