Start by marking “The Woman Left Behind (GO-Team, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Woman Left Behind (GO-Team, #2)

The Woman Left Behind

(GO-Team #2)

Jina Modell works in Communications for a paramilitary organization, and she really likes it. She likes the money, she likes the coolness factor—and it was very cool, even for Washington, DC. She liked being able to kick terrorist butts without ever leaving the climate-controlled comfort of the control room.

But when Jina displays a really high aptitude for spatial awarenes
Published March 6th 2018 by William Morrow

The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataKulti by Mariana ZapataThe Deal by Elle KennedyUnder Locke by Mariana ZapataWait for It by Mariana Zapata
Slow romance
676 books — 2,177 voters
The Great Alone by Kristin HannahCirce by Madeline MillerEducated by Tara WestoverThe Cruel Prince by Holly BlackWhere the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
Best Books of 2018
1,380 books — 2,605 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Woman Left Behind (GO-Team, #2)
A.
4+ Stars

Yum.

So the story is a bit unbelievable.
The characters are too badass.
And the romance is too slow.

So what?

Does it deserve 5 stars?

Probably not.

But I enjoyed it so much that I can't not give it a bonus star.

QUICK REVIEW:

peachygirl
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
4.5 Ace-Boom-Voodoo stars.
As entertaining as the first book.
Babe was indeed a "grenade". Best heroine ever!
Jina's smart mouth, the team's rapport, the training backdrop and LH's slow paced romance, everything worked like a charm. Levi was a jerk (which LH hero isn't though??), but it was hard not to love him. Such a badass!
The Congresswoman's revenge plan was uninspired and tacky. That was the only flimsy bit in an otherwise decent plot.
And it wouldn't have hurt to add bits and pieces of Morg
Alp
I LOVED THIS BOOK!

Linda Howard has once again outdone herself with this compelling romantic suspense story. The Woman Left Behind is the second installment in GO-Team series and it was really worth waiting for!

**Some possible mild spoilers here**

Jina Modell was an ordinary office worker. But with her tech skills, she was assigned to Levi Butcher’s GO-Team and her job was to operate the surveillance drone. And in order to become an official part of the team, she had to get through a lot of tough
♥Rachel♥
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jina Modell goes from working in the office of a paramilitary group to being drafted for in the field operations as a drone operator. She’s assigned to a “Go-TEAM” and must go through and pass rigorous physical training to keep her job or she must quit. Jina’s fiercely determined even though she’d like to die by the end of each training day. Another motivation is showing Levi, her team leader, that she’s capable and no quitter when he’s made it clear he doesn’t want Jina on his team. Levi’s not ...more
Tina
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020
This is a thriller, and it is the 2nd book in the Go-Team series. I cannot say much without spoiling the book. This is about an elite paramilitary unit that is assign a woman that is a gamer to control a flying camera. This book is all about the woman "Jina" trying to become part of a team made up by men. I really love this book. I would say the ending was fill of advance and was fast pace.
Carol
4.5 stars.🌟🌟🌟🌟

My second Linda Howard. I really love this woman's style of storytelling. It is so reminiscent of Mariana Zapata IMO.
Borrowed this book from the library but would really like to reread this one day.
Jina was a great character and a kick-ass heroine, so not a quitter even when her body was physically taxed to it's limits. I loved the slow build up between her and Levi .
Though this could loosely be considered an action book it isn't really as central to the story as the emerging d
Bibi
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-author
To be honest, there was barely any romance in this book, however, the characters and plotline were well-drawn and I found myself riveted and unable to concentrate on anything else until I'd read the last page.

Linda Howard is a newly-found treasure.
Hollis
I've rated this a B- for AAR which is equal to 3.75 stars.

The Woman Left Behind is the best kind of romantic suspense in the sense that the heroine is no damsel in distress requiring rescue but neither is she a beefed up black-ops assassin as are found in so many female-empowered stories of this genre. Instead she's somewhere in between; she's basically tech support. Communications. But after scoring high on a spatial awareness test disguised as a video game, she and a few others from her depart
Ian
Jina is unfit.
She has no weapons training.
She's not motivated.
She doesn't even know that boots come in different sizes.

So she's just the sort of person you would want on a generic Romantic Suspense SEAL type team.

She's really annoying.

This whole book annoys me.

Why was it written?
Wendy Darling
The last good Linda Howard book was in 2008. But she used to be one of my favorites, so...I'll keep trying.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

The Woman Left Behind is simply Linda Howard at her best. The story is rapid-paced and totally believable, the characters strong and likable, and the thrills are non-stop. This was a joy to read, and will go on my keep shelf.

Jina Model, “Babe” is a computer geek working for a special ops group, the GO teams. She is happy in her behind-the-scenes role in communications-until her ability to play video games gets her and ten others a job as a drone operator in the field. Of all the newly transferre
Mindy Lou's Book Review
If someone had told me that the hero was a jerk to the heroine, that there was very little romance, only a bit of suspense, and that the heroine was beyond stubborn? I would have missed out. I wouldn't have read this and I would have missed out because this was fantastic.

This is one of those books where I can't exactly pinpoint what made it so great, but I can tell you that it grabbed me from the very first chapter and I couldn't stop listening to this audiobook. First of all, the narrator was
Isabella - Madly in Love with Books
Almost 3.5 stars

I liked this one - it felt like a good linda Howard book in the beginning. But then a problem surfaced, that happens quite often with her current books. It kinda draaaaaaaged.

I would lie when I said I wasn't at least a bit disappointed. Because the story started so strong for me, with a female protagonist that was right up my alley. She is a real character and I loved her backbone throughout the whole book. No super special snowflake in the beginning - and fortunately not in the
Shawna
3.5 stars - Romantic Suspense

I loved the movie G.I. Jane, and this reminded me a lot of that. I was hoping/expecting more of a true military romantic suspense, but the romance and suspense parts fell somewhat flat.

*Jina's character was really annoying and abrasive at times, even though I did respect and admire her.
*There is way too much page/story time spent on Jina's training for the GO-Team (like more than 50% of the book).
*There isn't nearly enough story time/development on the team's actual
Ira
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 ‘Babe’ stars 🌟

I don’t know how to write a review for this book 🤨

Er.... story of Snow White and Seven Dwarfs with a twist?
Only our Snow White actually is a nerd who had been forced to be a kick ass heroine to join a Special Forces Team, yeah instead of dwarfs, the guys all Tall, Dark and Handsome! 🙄😂
Hm.. yes the villain is a woman too! LOL.

So, half of the story more about her training with the guys how to qualify to be in their team.
I thought the book will be boring! LOL 😂
But hello, it’s a
Vintage
Linda Howard's editor and publisher must really, really love her.

Nine CD's for this audiobook of which five focus on her training with a touch here and there about the hidden fire between Jina and Ace, the massive alpha commander of their SEAL-like team. We have seven hunky, honorable fighters and what turns out to be their mascot, Jina the drone operator, and all we get is running, running, and more training/running. The camaraderie between Jina aka Babe and the guys is one of the best parts o
Lučka
4,5*

Loved it! It was really action packed with paramilitary training and missions that I craved and haven't read for a long time. It's a safe, slow-burned romance, very little of it, and don't expect any smut until 90%. Super yummy alpha asshole hero and a strong-willed, stubborn heroine had a great chemistry. (view spoiler)
Kathryn
I thoroughly enjoyed this military like romantic suspense novel - The Woman Left Behind by Linda Howard. It was pure escapist reading, that kept me up reading two nights in a row.

Jina or "Babe" as her team name her to her disgust, is a gritty, sassy and very able young woman who just cannot quit. Her brothers have given her the basis for that and now when she finds herself thrown into a entirely new and different experience, she does not give up.

The team is a little like a Seal team, they train
*TANYA*
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: highly-recommend
Levi was “one bad man” and I loved him. The slow simmer romance was great. Linda Howard’s writing keeps getting better with each one of her books I read.
Nadia
I want to say this was a waste of time, but it wasn't. For the biggest part of the book, it's pure action and thoroughly entertaining, but for the love of me, I cannot forgive the horrible romance part of this book.
BleuBelle
Laura (Kyahgirl)
First 80% is a solid four star read then the last 20% is a two star read.
Howard was doing such a good job building the team and showing Jina growing into her role then bam, nosedive. (view spoiler)
Anita
Linda Howard is one of my favorite authors. She always has a twisted suspense plot and a hot romance and "The Woman Left Behind" is no exception. The prologue starts with the baddie lamenting the death of her husband and vowing revenge against Axel MacNarhama. But, this book is not about this twisted plot of revenge, well not totally. Jina is a complicated character and prickly as all get out. Levi is one stone cold SOB, except when he smacks up against Jina. But, the Team comes first. Oh, the s ...more
Cheri
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yes, this story starts out a little slow. Yes, there is only some sex with just one couple. Yes, I loved this book anyway! I'm pretty sure there will be another book written to follow this story. I loved the character of Jina and Levi was just plain hot! PBJ tattoo..just hilarious :) If you are looking for romance then go somewhere else. No time for romance in a war zone. Plenty of action and a final "O Shit" moment....on to #3 please.
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars rounded down.

I didn't realize that this was the second in the series until I finished it and looked it up on Goodreads. I had read the first book and looking back some blanks were filled in for me...but not enough to save the story.

I give the h points for being stubborn but then subtract them back for too many clueless and stupid moments. The boots issue just made her appear like she was just a clueless wonder. How am I supposed to believe she's has a brain after not knowing that boots
Glamdring
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
*2,5 stars*

I would like to say that I only discovered that this book was part of a series after I finished it.

I don't really know how to rate it. The book is well written, and I liked the heroine as well as the secondary characters. But I didn't like the hero much, the end felt rushed to me AND, for reasons inherent to the plot, the romance in this book is almost non existing.
Renee
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
*3.5 stars*
Enjoyed this one, didn’t love it. I love a good romantic suspense but I felt this story needed a lot more dialogue.
Eve
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Contemporary > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Military

I usually don't read military-themed books but quite surprisingly I found myself totally immersed in this one -- I enjoyed all those training routines and missions; it was entertaining to get to know the members of GO-Team.
The character detail & development was rich and interesting.
Our heroine, Jina/Babe had so much grit and determination to be part of the GO-Team. Howard's writing was so good and vivid, that she had me feeling what Jina wa
Fabiola Chenet
Jan 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
I'm so sad to give this quotation to one of LH's books... When I was not boring, the hero's behavior upset me. And I absolutely didn't like AT ALL what LH chose for the heroes to be together.
Bambi Unbridled
description

This must be a week for new-to-me authors, as this is another new one for me. Though I have had Linda Howard on my TBR for a really long time, I just haven't found time to fit her in until now. And now I want to go back and read the whole back list! This was a great romantic suspense!

The premise revolves around GO Teams, a secret sect of the government sending highly specialized and trained teams out into dangerous situations to address whatever situation is needed. Unfortunately the teams, and
Linda Howard Book...: May '18 BOTM - The Woman Left Behind 12 31 May 31, 2018 08:26AM

• The Moscow Deception (The Guardian, #2)
  • Tailspin
  • Promise Not to Tell
  • Shelter in Place
  • Untouchable (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas, #3)
  • Hideaway
  • The Vanishing (Fogg Lake #1)
  • The Other Lady Vanishes (Burning Cove, #2)
  • Under Currents
  • Outfox
  • The Fifth Doctrine (The Guardian #3)
  • The Ultimatum (The Guardian, #1)
  • Tightrope (Burning Cove, #3)
  • Close Up (Burning Cove #4)
  • The Sixth Day (A Brit in the FBI, #5)
  • Golden in Death (In Death, #50)
  • A Dangerous Game
  • Beyond Control (Texas Trilogy #3)

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance

GO-Team (2 books)
  • Troublemaker (GO-Team, #1)