Start by marking “Fraternize (Players Game, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fraternize (Players Game, #1)

Fraternize

(Players Game #1)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  4,525 Ratings  ·  749 Reviews
Emerson just made her dream come true as a professional cheerleader for her favorite pro football team. But even though the plus-size athlete is breaking down boundaries, she still has to contend with the massive rulebook. Carbs? Nope. Chocolate? Definitely not. Still, Emerson loves her curves, and she’ll rock the hell out of this job even if it kills her. Except for one m ...more
Published September 12th 2017 by Skyscape

Carol [Goodreads Addict]

Fraternize is book one in a brand new series, Players Game, by Rachel Van Dyken. When I decided to read this book, first, it was because I love this author. So that alone assured that I would enjoy the book. But I wasn’t prepared for how this book made me feel. It is a love triangle so you need to know that right up front. But not your usual love triangle. This is a woman that just achieved her life long dream. But as soon as she got there, she was faced with both someone from her past re-enteri
Christy
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
When will I ever learn... reading books with two love interests never seems to work for me. I'm always on #TeamNeverGetsTheGirl LOL! Lucky for me, both guys in this story were completely lovable! I adored the bromance between Miller and Sanchez and even though my guy didn't get the girl, I was totally okay with it! Emerson was a fantastic heroine and this book was loads of fun! I'm looking forward to more from the side characters! 4 stars!
*****3.75 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

Body trembling, I tried to tell my heart to stop beating so loud. But it was too excited. Racing towards him. Toward someone who I’d always seen as the wrong guy. Who quite possibly could end up being the right one. Because no matter how damaged your heart may be, it never loses its ability to choose again, to try again, to want love even after loss.

photo 21277913_1991778617758171_1749137340_o_zpsdgumukk2.jpg

FRATERNIZE is the story of Emerson Rodner, a young woman who time and again has suffered gre
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦Rachel Van Dyken delivers an entertaining and sexy sports romance with hot football players and cheerleaders for characters. What I loved the most about this book was the new adult feels of it. It's been a while since I've read a good new adult novel. An while this would probably classify as a contemporary read, the fact that all these characters were so young gave me new adult vibes.

➦This book is about professional football and covers a lot of interesting points, such as how gruesome
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
4.5 … Hell 5 ‘CURVES’ STARS

"The dream we’d had so many years ago had happened – just not the way we’d planned.”

description

Fans of football and childhood, love triangle-ish, romances with humor done just right, shouldn’t pass this book up. To top off all the aforementioned the heroine Emerson is a curvy professional cheerleader!

description

Emerson and her first love Miller had the same dream as teenagers to play and cheer for the Bucks. Their dream has become a reality too bad they haven’t seen one another in six ye
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I don't even like football and I loved the heck outta this book.

Kelly gets a tad bit obsessive with her loving of this author. So I had tried one of her books before and it was kinda meh. This one totally made up for it.

Guys, the heroine is PLUS SIZED! And I loved her.
Emerson wants to be a professional cheerleader more than anything so she has worked hard but refuses to starve herself into a size zero. *swoon hearts everywhere*
She tries out for the Bucks and gets the cheerleader position that
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
3.5 "Cheer Loud, Cheergirl" Stars

photo footballs_zps9ubouzqo.gif

Miller and Emerson were best friends in high school, he was the star of the football team and she was the chubby cheerleader. They bonded over being picked on, Miller was picked on by white boys for being dark skinned and from black boys for having light skin. While Emerson's weight was always the brunt of peoples jokes.

Emerson and Miller had fallen in love by the end of high school but things happen that see Miller leave town. Then a series of unfortunate circu
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

I decided to read Fraternize after a certain someone’s name kept popping up all over creation due to him being an excellent human being and after watching sitting in the same room during Sunday Funday when this happened . . . .

I can’t imagine the person who would still not know this – but in case you need written confirmation, YES I am 100% disgusting and was totally able to take something wonderful that happened during a tragedy to
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Rachel Van Dyken is a go to author for me so even when she writes a book featuring a love triangle I am right there with grabby hands. I usually try and stay away from love triangles but this is RVD we're talking about so I just couldn't pass on this one, especially after I read an excerpt from the story that about killed me. And now I get to figure out how I'm going to write this review telling you how much I loved it but without spoiling anything.

I was day dreamin
Nina
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2017, ebook
*Thanks again to Skyscape for sending me an ARC of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Emerson and Miller used to be best friends. But when Miller moved away at the beginning of their senior year, the two stopped talking to each other. They both think the other one is responsible for their loss of contact and so they don’t see each other until their ways coincidentally cross again six years later. Now Emerson is a cheerleader for the Bellevue Bucks, a successful footbal
Carvanz
I’m just giddy with all kinds of wonderfulness after reading this awesome book! I normally shy away from love triangles because, hello, love triangle. I like to have a clear definition of who my characters are going to end up with and it’s just all kinds of angsty when I don’t know. I NEVER go to the end of the book to see how it ends. However, it didn’t take me long to start texting my friend about the deep desperate drive I was fighting to do just that. She’s already read it and I needed to kn ...more
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
After a certain triangle trilogy left me crushed and with a bleeding heart, I decided NOT to read anymore triangle stories for the foreseeable future. Yeah, apparently I totally lied. I read TWO, yes TWO triangle stories in TWO days.

The good thing about the entire triangle situation was that BOTH authors did a marvelous job of writing two very satisfying novels.

FRATERNIZE was a novel I really enjoyed. Not only because of the storyline but especially because of the way RVD decided to resolve the
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Hollis
I had the collegiate experience. The voice. The skills. But I was lacking one thing. The ability to squeeze my body into a size two, four, six, eight. Who do we appreciate? Food, damn it!

FRATERNIZE is a lot of things. It's a sports romance, a love triangle, a second chance romance, a best-friends-to-lovers romance, a slowburn, and a story featuring diverse characters and a plus sized woman. Like I said, it's a lot of things. It's also my first read by Van Dyken and it definitely won't be my last
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

7ac510f11a9a43c4392652b758b082

Fraternize by Rachel Van Dyken is a charming love triangle-ish story. You must be wondering how could I say a love triangle is charming... well it’s partly because there is a very obvious choice as to who should win the heart of the heroine. And also due in part that RVD doesn’t make it so angsty.

Emerson Rodner finally landed her dream job as the newest member of the cheer squad for the NFL team, Bellevue Bucks. While Emerson is a bit se
Treena
Aug 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog

Wow! Ever since I started reading Rachel Van Dyken's books, it's only this time I had the hardest time writing a review. Fraternize is a book that gave me conflicting emotions yet took me to an enjoyable ride of friendship, fun, laughter and love.

Love triangle tropes are my kind of books no matter how torturous it is. Add up some good sports romance and I'll be in heaven for real. I just love the feeling of reading something that will not just captivate me but will make me feel the heroi
Jean
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think this is the first time in a love triangle where I could not decide which guy the heroine (Emerson) should end up with.....I mean, I loved both Grant and Miller! It was hard not to....

Emerson has finally achieved her dream of becoming a pro football cheerleader. I love that she was not the typical size zero and had the confidence she needed to fulfill her dream. But she does not expect her long lost high school romance to end up on the team, nor does she expect the womanizing Grant (whose
maggieandteddy
I figure out early on that this was somewhat of love triangle. Hmm.
First, it was teen first love (high school). Emerson, the h is the shy curvy bff of Miller- the football star. Emerson has always had the dream to join the cheerleading squad. She's rejected every time.
During their last year of school, they are suddenly separated (Miller's dad moves them away). They promise to keep in touch but that is interrupted & each thinks the other has rejected the other.
They meet again years later- o
Tessa
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, romance
I received a copy of this book through NetGalley for my honest review.

5 stars

I went into this expecting the writing to be good, due to the author, but a little worried it'd be a cliche. Thank goodness I was wrong!

Embry is a full figured girl who is a cheerleader. However, other than worrying over her weight when it was natural (like a weigh in), she's very secure in who she is. That alone was a breath of fresh air. She's confident and fun with a good heart. There was the worry of getting on the
Joanna
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My review disappeared! Ug. Anyway, great book. I really wish we got Grant's POV a lot more than we did. I will say, I am not sure about the next book, because 1/2 of this book was in Miller's POV and it will be the same for the next. I don't know, I would have really liked a lot more Grant.
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
1.5 Stars

So frustrated!! That's how I feel after reading this book. This book had me from the burb. The storyline had such great potential, so I just don't get how it went so bad so fast.

So there is a love triangle which you already know from the blurb. Emerson was very indecisive and even past 50% she was going back and forth between the two guys. Honestly , this I had no problem with. Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens is one of my favorite books and the heroine in that book was also going back and
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Signed paperback of one of Christine's FAVES this year! #Fraternize Enter on the blog!

4-4.5 STARS!
OMG I devoured this book in ONE DAY despite me trying to read slow, I just couldn't stop turning the pages. This book was so addicting, just so damn good that I didn't want it to end.
Emerson and Miller were best friends growing up—until the day that Miller moved away and they severed ties never to speak again.
Fast forward years later and they are both living t
NiCoLeTa E.
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
***4 "CURVES!!!!" stars***

Well, this book was a pleasant surpise!!! I enjoyed it way too much!!!
It was very amusing, but also in some points, it was very serious and the storyline was soooo good!!!!
It had it all.... but most of all, it had so awesome characters!!! All of them...

This was a second chance romance novel, but also it wasn't... It was so much more, i think!!!
It was a triangle love story, but it also wasn't...
It was a book about love and how complicate the relationships can be...
It w
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
Fraternize was a hilarious, charming, sexy, and fun contemporary romance. The author's writing felt so genuine and real that it was really easy for me to get sucked into the world she created. I genuinely laughed out loud numerous times and I swooned too many times to count while reading Fraternize.

There were so many lovable and memorable characters in this book. I loved how the author created so many unique characters. There were side characters that were prominent throughout the entire story
Kandi Steiner
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh man, I absolutely LOVED this book. Like SO SO SO much. First of all, y'all know I'm a sucker for angst, so give me a triangle and I'm a happy camper. But what made this one stand out was that it was ALSO about a thicker girl, and since I've been thick my entire life, I LOVE reading about heroines who look like me.

Em was such a bad a**. Every time I read her chapters, I wanted to high five her. Like... how on earth did she resist Sanchez for so long?! I have no idea. Sanchez is everything tha
Natshane
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 no fraternizing stars!

For a plus-size, Emerson yearned to achieve her dreams of becoming an NFL cheerleader, even more so after she had a fallout with her best friend in high school whom she lost her virginity to. Heartbroken and alone, she had never been more goal-driven in her life, especially with the things happening at home. What she did not expect was to be caught up in Grant Sanchez's world. He was funny, incredibly flirty and determined to make her his - not to mention he was the bes
Rachel
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Emerson is finally seeing her dreams come true: cheering for professional football. She has a whole rule book to follow that make her question her dream, especially as she is not the traditional professional cheerleader body type -- she’s got curves. Most of the rules aren’t too bad, but the fraternization rule quickly becomes a challenge when she meets Grant Sanchez, one of the team captains. And shortly thereafter runs into someone from her past she thought she’d never see again: her ex best f ...more
Kim
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Emerson Rodner has been working towards achieving her goal of becoming a professional NFL cheerleader and is finally getting her chance. She is not a typical tiny cheerleader in that she is tall, plus-sized and curvy, though she is strong, motivated, and sassy. Like most NFL teams there is a strict fraternization rule with the players, but she is not really worried about that initially.

But she catches the eye of the Grant Sanchez, the team captain and rumored to be a ladies' man. He is flirty, s
Jemima
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
for reviews

rachel1

Title: Fraternize
Genre: Contemporary Romance, New Adult, Sports
Release Date: September 12, 2017

disclaimer 1

NOTE : Sleeping is overrated. Your brain will challenge you every time you want to shut your eyes.

Stupid me! Really! I have always been a BIG fan of Rachel Van Dyken.. I mean her 'Eagle Elite' Series? One of my favourite! SO why..tell me why did I not read this book soon enough?! I'll tell you why.. because i'm an idiot and also because of that synopsis!
I don't really like love triangles...ha! the b
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

Players Game (2 books)
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
“Because when your heart breaks, somehow it keeps beating.” 7 likes
“And it made me wonder if sometimes the greatest loss you ever feel is something that nobody will see when they look at you.” 5 likes