Start by marking “Haven (Relentless, #5)” as Want to Read:
Haven (Relentless, #5)

Haven

(Relentless #5)

Things are going well for Roland Greene. High school is behind him, he has a sweet new ride, a good job, and he’s making plans for his future. At eighteen, he’s one of the strongest werewolves in his pack, and he already has more vampire kills than most wolves have in a lifetime. Life is good. Almost.

It’s time for the annual pack gathering. Wolves from all over Maine come
Published May 2nd 2017 by Tempest Press

To ask other readers questions about Haven, please sign up.
MJ They have a few phone calls and mentions, but it's all very light and they don't have a physical visit. I would have loved more of them, but can see w…moreThey have a few phone calls and mentions, but it's all very light and they don't have a physical visit. I would have loved more of them, but can see why they weren't a big part of it. I got the feeling there might be a novella or maybe a book about N&S during the same timeframe. There are a few mentions that obviously have a bigger story attached.

Chris does have an appearance tho. (less)
Ashley Estrada It's fantastic! I suggest you read this ASAP! …moreIt's fantastic! I suggest you read this ASAP! (less)

Start your review of Haven (Relentless, #5)
Annika
description

I really don't know how Karen Lynch does it. She wants me to fall in love with a character, I fall in love with a character. She wants me to hate a character, I hate a character. It all seems so effortless on her part - the creation of amazing characters and captivating, multifaceted story lines, her almost impeccable sense of pacing, details and dialogues.

There was no doubt in my mind that I was going to love Roland's narration since he's been one of my favorite characters ever since I started
Muse-ic ♬
Read #2

*sigh*
Delicious deliciousness!!!

Okay now I'm ready for Chris' story which will be out in two weeks EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!

Also I need Jordan's story to be written!! I want to read more about her!!!!

_____________
Read #1

Technically, I've finished this series. However, I heard that Karen Lynch is currently working on Chris' story!! Fingers crossed because I reaaaaaaaaallly want more! I would love Jordan's story too! Please Karen? Pretty please??? *bats eyelashes*

That ending was so beautiful!
Antonella
it was an okay read ..
a great addition to the series as Roland is a character that was need and dear to me in the previous books...
the ending is a bit rushed as the main issue that we know from the beginning is resolved without really being resolved...it left me feeling rushed and unfinished.. hfn end...
Lučka
"3.5 stars"

As you might noticed, I'm on a fantasy binge. And it's totally kick-ass, people. I feel so happy.
description

I have to get something off my chest before I start reviewing this book. You can skip this part.

When I started reading Relentless series two years ago, I was obsessed with it. Loved it so much, I was in pain when it was over.
The Hero from the first three books - Nicolas. There are no words for him. No, there are.
description
When the author announced another book, retelling the entire Relentless seri
Parvati Patil
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so glad someone recommended this series to me. It wasn't really on my radar and I can't begin to tell you how much I was missing. ...more
Bookadmirer
This book was just bland. It was a complete surprise for me that Emma is the female protagonist of this book. Technically Emma is way older than Roland as she lived as a vampire for 21 years until Sara killed the demon. Then Ronald imprinted on her while she was unaware. But they were both attracted to each other. Roland himself had no idea he imprinted on her as he didn't know werewolves can imprint on humans.

However, it didn't felt like a werewolf or shifter romance. If there were school scene
Bonnie Shores
This book literally left me with a BIG smile on my face! 😁 I'm not sure why I didn't read it sooner.

description

Even though it's Book #5 of the Relentless series, it's more of a spin-off rather than a continuation. The two MCs are Roland, a werewolf and best friend of Sarah, and Emma, a former vampire whom Sarah "cured", who is trying to start a new life in Sarah's hometown. The story started off a little slowly—none of the fast-paced supernatural creature battles that occurred in the books featuring Sarah
TJ
4.5/5.0
Thoroughly enjoyed this book! I wasn't that excited that Roland was getting his story before others that I enjoyed more but... I'm glad he did! Very well written and pleasurably paced. There isn't nearly as much action as in previous books but it was still a can't put down read!

*warning*. Since this is a YA book, it should be noted that there is a semi-steamy sex scene. Something I REALLY don't like in YA reads.
Pam Foster
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of the Relentless series, I've re read the first 4 books countless times and I never tire of the story or the world the books are set in. I couldn't wait to get my hands on Roland's story because I've always loved him and Peter, I'm also a total sucker for werewolves and in a market were werewolf books are a dime a dozen I was intrigued to see what Karen's take on it would be. This book is everything I hoped it would be, it is different from the previous books, it's definitely mor ...more
Julia
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Noooooo 😭😭 there's the end of my latest obsession ...more
Jackie
Sep 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was hoping for a great read, since I really liked the Relentless series by this author. Since this is a spin off from that series & since I like Roland, I hoped it would be just as good. I was wrong. Sometimes I think authors should not milk a series with spin offs of secondary characters as those tend to be a let down for me. The flow on this dragged so slow in the first half I felt it was never going to improve, then it finally picked up a bit of speed. The ending was totally rushed & left a ...more
Aeron Trahaearn
WOW!
I absolutely loved this book! In the past books I really felt like Roland was under-appreciated as a character because he sticks with Sara through out everything! and I mean EVERYTHING! he should have gotten more recognition but lo and behold! WE HAD A WHOLE NOVEL ON HIM!!!!!!!
Lemme just say that I absolutely HATE anything related to werewolves! I dont know why I hate them... (probably because of TWILIGHT?) but still... saying that I still think this book is awesome!! I loved it and i would
Katrina
Aug 14, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Okay...first of all...BORING!!!!!!!!!!! 😴 The most exciting thing that happens in this book is a little fight between pack members. Serious let down this book was. By far my least favorite of all the books. Then the relationship development is pathetic. She tried to fit too much in this book and there are a LOT of unanswered questions. I’m not sure if the author just ran out of time or what. But this was really disappointing.
Tarisa Marie
This would've been 4 stars but I found the second half of the book to draaaaaaaaaaaag. Good storyline though and character building! ...more
thevintagechronicles
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing

one of my favorite SP/underrated series.

Roland gets his own book guys! I love this series.

Roland is still very much the lovable, protective sweet wolf he always has been. yay! I felt for him so much, the crushing pressure and lack of freedom of being a wolf at this time in his life/ the year holds for him. how he balances all of that, and holds onto his funny, cheerful sweet self is amazing. he really grows into a man in this book. I loved watching all of that unfold.

E.'s character r
Amy
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lynch has quickly become one of my must read authors. I loved this book! Once it hooked me I couldn’t put it down! It was definitely a love story at heart rather than a suspenseful paranormal book mixed with a love story like others in this series, and that was fine by me! I loves revisiting Sara and Roland and watching Emma find herself and peace. This book was full of simmering tension and totally drew me in. A great addition to this series and I cannot wait to read Chris’ story!
Nathalie*
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars ;)

I really enjoyed this story..I thought it was going to be actioned packed, nope! It was a sweet story of a girl getting her life back and falling in love. The ending was WAY to rushed .. they finally get together and we get a couple of pages :(

Jordan has a ton of personality I can't wait to read her story ;)
Joan Clark
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phenomenal! I was excitedly awaiting this book after reading the Relentless books. Haven was even better than I had expected. I loved seeing the characters I had already come to love, but the addition of Pack life really engrossed me in this world rather than feeling like a repeat of the Relentless books. Roland melted my heart and had me swooning. The romance is slow building and encompassed me so completely I found myself feeling what these characters were. I cannot recommend this book enough. ...more
April
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best books I have read this year. The story was completely relatable and I found myself fully engrossed just a few chapters in. It has a darker backstory than this authors other books, which only adds more depth and meaning to the characters growth. I devoured it and could not put it down. I can't wait to see what comes next from this author! ...more
Boundless Book Reviews
Haven is such beautiful story between Roland and Emma.

Lynch has created this whole world, full of these awesome characters. Roland is probably one of my favorite characters. He's funny, genuine, and brave. With Emma, she's hiding her past from everyone but it doesn't stop the connection she has with Roland.

At the end of this, I had this feeling that Roland and Emma's story wasn't finished. I wanna see what happens after! Maybe.. someday Lynch will continue their story.

The narration was perfect.
Lissa Hawley
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Werewolf adorableness. Karen Lynch does not disappoint.
Kristy Mills
Awe I loved Roland and I'm so glad he got his own book. It was neat stepping into the werewolf world after being entrenched in the Mohiri world for the past 4 books. ...more
Lorna
(RabidReads.com) 4.5 stars Karen Lynch can write, and write really well. Her series, Relentless, snuck up on me with the first book and gave me a series that I have absolutely loved. One that is full of all sorts of supernatural creatures, action, suspense, world building, and slow burn romance. I had no idea what I was getting into with that first book(which was free, by the way), but I have totally enjoyed the ride, no matter how rough it was a times.

The focus of the first four books was about
Keri
April 2018
2 Stars - It Was Okay
Audiobook

There wasn't much of a story here other than the romance which means in order to fill pages, the author had to drag out the budding romance using miscommunications, secrets, and lies resulting in a book filled with angsty push-pull drama. This is basically a YA book with a slightly detailed sex scene at the end.

I didn't read the previous books and I was ok, but there were a lot of references to characters and situations that happened before. I guess the a
Ira
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: unten, ebook, audio-book
I simply love the books by Karen Lynch. Those of you who've already read the "Relentless-Series" and its companion book "Warrior" can look forward to another great book set in the world of our friends.

Those of you who haven't read them yet - well, you' re still in for a real treat! You could read "Haven" first, of course, but I think you'd learn too much about the happenings in the other books and it would spoil those books. Well, it might spoil them, if anything could spoil them - I've read al
Taylor Buchanan
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man, man, man. This series is soooo freaking good! Roland was easily one of my favorite characters in this series. Okay I really love everyone but that's beside the point. I fell in love with him in Relentless, almost instantly, and was upset because he wasn't in Refuge enough. Then we got to see more of him in Rogue and my heart was happy again. I wait to read these books for when I'm tired of trying out different series. For the main reason being, I know I'm going to love them. Any who, this b ...more
Chelsea
Jeannie
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’m speechless with this book!! Roland is one of my favorite supporting characters from the Relentless trilogy. To read his story in itself was an excitement for me but I’m blown away with how good his story was. I loved getting to see how life is in the Knolls – where Roland and his pack lives. It was so interesting to see how their annual pack gatherings were. Also, I enjoyed seeing how much Roland has matured since the last time we read about him six months earlier in the story. He has really ...more
S.E. MacCready
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kait
Somewhere between 3.5 and 4ish stars

This book, while number 5 in the series, should be read more like a spin-off series or companion novel to the original Relentless Trilogy.

With that being said, as a secondary story, this works for me.

There is decidedly less action. AND the beginning is a little slow, but I loved seeing the man Roland grew into for this story. His viewpoints offer a decidedly more adult feel than his presence in the prior books. Honestly, it is refreshing to see a sensible, r

• Knight (Fae Games Book 2)
  • Hope(less) (Judgement of the Six #1)
  • (Un)wise (Judgement of the Six #3)
  • (Mis)fortune (Judgement of the Six #2)
  • Kindred (The Watcher Chronicles, #2)
  • Stealing Embers (Fallen Legacies, #1)
  • Flight (The Crescent Chronicles, #1)
  • (Dis)content (Judgement of the Six #5)
  • Oblivion (The Watcher Chronicles, #3)
  • Focus (The Crescent Chronicles, #2)
  • (Sur)real (Judgement of the Six #6)
  • Accordance (Significance, #2)
  • Broken (The Watcher Chronicles, #1)
  • (Un)bidden (Judgement of the Six #4)
  • Found (The Crescent Chronicles, #3)
  • Soar (The Immortal Chronicles #3)
  • Consequence (Significance, #4.5)
  • Defiance (Significance, #3)
Karen Lynch is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author.

She grew up in Newfoundland, Canada - a place rich in colorful people and folklore to which she attributes her love of the supernatural and her vivid imagination. She moved to Charlotte, North Carolina years ago and was immediately charmed by the southern people but she says she will always be a newfie.

Though she loves supernatural

Relentless (8 books)
  • Relentless (Relentless, #1)
  • Refuge (Relentless, #2)
  • Rogue (Relentless, #3)
  • Warrior (Relentless, #4)
  • Fated (Relentless, #6)
  • Hellion (Relentless, #7)
  • Relentless (Relentless, #1-7)