Start by marking “Micah Johnson Goes West (Get Out, #2)” as Want to Read:
Micah Johnson Goes West (Get Out, #2)

Micah Johnson Goes West

(Get Out #2)

On the outside, Micah Johnson seems to have everything. He is proving his worth on the field during his rookie year with his new professional football team, the Fremantle Dockers, but his personal life is a mess. Homesick, three thousand kilometres away from his family and friends on the other side of Australia, Micah isn’t coping. He’s using casual sex, alcohol, and drugs ...more
Published April 4th 2017 by Harmony Ink Press

To ask other readers questions about Micah Johnson Goes West, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Micah Johnson Goes West

Start your review of Micah Johnson Goes West (Get Out, #2)
Kaje Harper
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, ya
This story begins where the first book left off. Micah has to move a long way from his family and friends, and his boyfriend, as happens in athletics where the athletes pay for their big salaries with total lack of control over where they end up. Micah finds himself alone in a new city, trying to prove himself to a new team. His mentor teammate, Sam, is a good guy and his family does their best to make Micah feel at home, but Micah ends up turning to drinking and anonymous sex to feel better. ...more
Marge
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Micah is now out on his own, playing for a team in Perth, far away from his hometown of Melbourne. Micah's on-field life is going okay and he is more mature in this book than the previous one, showing that he has learned to be more adult in some respects. But Micah is still young and out on his own, even though he is staying with the family of one of his new team mates to hopefully ease the transition.

There were lots of good character scenes in the book, with new characters and those we've seen
K
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
First read April 2017

This book picks up exactly as the first left off... with Micah heading across the country to start his career as a professional AFL player in Perth. Being Micah he can't help but get in his own way when it comes to settling in and before long he's not in a good place. But after a scare following a careless pick up and dealing with the life changing injuries suffered by a friend he finally gets the help he needs.

I enjoyed this story which really shows Micah starting to grow
Saphirablue
Lisa The Novel Approach
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Author Sean Kennedy has this smooth, easygoing voice when he writes. His stories draw the reader in; his characters are instantly recognizable, familiar in a way that allows you to involve yourself in their lives, nearly forgetting that they are fictional. Each time I pick up one of Mr. Kennedy’s novels, I am transported back onto the football field in Melbourne and immersed in the lives of some of the most compelling and amusing people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting in a story. Micah ...more
Paige (TheBookVulture)
We all know the old adage: the sign of a good book is when you've closed it at the end, and all you can do is sit there contemplating the words you've just read. Well right now that's me. Three hours after closing this book, I'm still wiping away my tears. I was so absorbed by this story, I devoured it in less than 3 hours. It's been a long time since I read a book that has made me as emotional as I am now. This book is damn special.

Micah Johnson Goes West highlights the stresses of entering
Melanie
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 5 stars out of 5

For the full review, visit http://wp.me/p220KL-a6v

From that review: Sean Kennedy is a must go author for me. He become one on the strength of his wonderful series Tigers and Devils. Its from that series that the complicated and sometimes self-destructive Micah Johnson sprang. He was a compelling character in Tigers on the Run (Tigers and Devils #3) so it was amazing (and overjoyed Kennedy's readers when he brought him back in the
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Micah is finally working as a professional footballer! Living far from his friends and family, Micah is a little less abrasive than he’s been in the past but he’s still struggling with the whole adulting thing.

In Micah, Sean Kennedy has created a beautifully flawed and honestly human character who will resonate with teenage boys everywhere. I still don’t know whether I love or loathe Micah and in this story, my feelings for
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

4 Stars

As this is the 2nd book in a spin-off series, I do not recommend reading as a standalone. Please read Tigers & Devils onward first.

Micah Johnson Goes West picked up where the previous book left off. Moving away from his home to Perth, Micah is a rookie for the AFL team, Fremantle Dockers. On the field, he's focused- tight- but off the field, he's a train wreck.

Without spoilers, or giving specific plot points away:
Robbie Newell
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I see Sean Kennedy has another book out- it's an instant purchase and devour for me.

Why?

As a writer, his writing is superb. He creates characters that are human and flawed; no one is perfect not even St Dec, and you feel like the characters he creates are people you know or could easily get to know over a beer or two.

This novel is a sequel to "The Ongoing Reformation of Micah Johnson"; with both books created in the same universe as Kennedys' "Tigers and Devils" series- as such it
Fritz42
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Micah does a lot of growing up in this story, after a lot of mistakes, one of which is hiding how he was feeling. He's got a wonderful family, fostering him as he settles into his new career on the opposite side of the country from his family, but that doesn't help with the heavy feelings of loneliness, stemming from leaving his family and Kyle. Instead of reaching out, he numbs himself with Grindr and alcohol. It was a little hard, watching some of that slow, destructive behavior.

After some
Ulysses Dietz
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Micah Johnson Goes West (GetOut book 2)
By Sean Kennedy
Harmony Ink Press, 2017
Four stars

I think I’ve read all of Sean Kennedy’s books, and thinking across them and their little Australian universe, I see the consistency, gentleness, and close-up human focus that makes them resonate so strongly with me. Also, to be honest, there is the fascination with Australia, which feels like a parallel universe both familiar and exotic to an American such as I.

I’ve gotten familiar with Kennedy’s cast of
Verhalenwijs
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-boeken
Recensie voor Verhalenwijs

In dit tweede deel van de Micah Johnson serie zijn we terug bij Micah en zijn strijd om zijn plek in de sportwereld van Australië te vinden en volwassen te worden. In dit tweede deel heeft Micah het net zo moeilijk als in het eerste deel, maar om andere redenen en vecht hij nog harder tegen zichzelf en maakt het zichzelf daardoor onnodig moeilijk. Eigenlijk is Micah de perfecte emo-boy.

Het tweede deel begint eigenlijk meteen waar het eerste deel ophield. Micah is
Arch Bala
I was not the biggest fan of Micah Johnson. I didn’t like him when he first appeared in the third book off the Tigers and Devils series but after reading The On-going Reformation of Micah Johnson, I realized that he wasn’t that bad. I was actually excited to read this one but I got hesitant when I’ve read its blurb.

Overall, I’ve really enjoyed it. I loved that Micah is maturing overtime. He still got a lot to work on especially when dealing with his emotions but I ought to give him a break I
Jenn (not Lily)
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story! I wasn't surprised by really anything that happened here, but Micah certainly has come a far distance in his maturity and ability to deal with what life throws at him. I see good possibilities in store for him -- now to see what's going on with Emma!
Dustin
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

I really wish this wasn’t the last book. I have so many questions. I really like the way Sean writes. There’s a really good pace to his books and I enjoy the detail. There’s quite a few parts of this book that had me pretty emotional. I really enjoyed it.
Pjm12
Not really a romance, but one heck of a great story. Micah's ongoing growth and development of identity is poignant and realistic. HIs eventual cries for help demonstrate how important it is for young people to reach out.

Hope there's more of Micah's story.
Dawn
May 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: z-king
Probably more 2.5 stars. Nothing significant happened. I wasn't rooting for the MC at all and really was more interested in what might be happening with Dec and Simon as hinted at several times.
Dee
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just read in one sitting and couldn’t put it down. I think that qualifies for five stars. I was expecting a book 3. Pity
Daniel Mitton
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
(Originally reviewed for Love Bytes Reviews. Rated 4.5 out of 5.0 Love Bytes.)

This is the second book in a new spin-off series from the author. You don’t have to read the first one to read this one, but a lot of the references could be confusing if you don’t. It also helps if you’ve read the author’s more adult series, Tigers and Devils, which is where the characters originated.

Regardless of where they came from, I like these characters in the new series. This series is geared towards the
D.
Nov 04, 2017
Lüpges
Jan 03, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Backlot Gay B...: Micah Johnson Goes West, by Sean Kennedy (GetOut 2) 1 4 Sep 24, 2019 06:50AM

• The Long and Winding Road (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #4)
  • Why We Fight (At First Sight, #4)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Until You (At First Sight, #3)
  • The Hate You Drink
  • Upside Down
  • Flash Rip
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Riven (Riven, #1)
  • Rend (Riven, #2)
  • How to Be a Movie Star (How to Be #2)
  • Murder House (PsyCop, #10)
  • Deposing Nathan
  • Tell Me It's Real (At First Sight, #1)
  • Alex in Wonderland
  • Rebound (Pucks & Rainbows, #1)
  • The Queen & the Homo Jock King (At First Sight, #2)
  • Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #2)
Sean Kennedy lives in the second-most isolated city in the world, thinks there are thylacines still out in the wild, and eagerly awaits the return of Twin Peaks in 2017.

Get Out (4 books)
  • The Ongoing Reformation of Micah Johnson (Get Out, #1)
  • The Obstruction of Emma Goldsworthy (Get Out, #3)
  • Where There's a Will Deanes (Get Out, #4)