Start by marking “Outpost Hell” as Want to Read:
Outpost Hell

Outpost Hell

After an opportunistic heist gone wrong, a squad of Galactic Fleet Marines set down on a remote planet hoping to repair their badly damaged ship and resupply quickly so they can be on their way to spend their new riches.

Finding the supply outpost occupied by less than normal residents, the Marines are soon fighting for their lives against a deadly force unlike any they'v
Published February 8th 2017 by Severed Press

To ask other readers questions about Outpost Hell, please sign up.
Jake Bible Possibly. More than likely the characters will show up in other series. Maybe they'll bump into Roak. :)

Start your review of Outpost Hell
Lori
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Another very entertaining and enjoyable great story from Jake Bible with fantastic narration from Andrew B. Wehrlen.

I have OCD when it comes to my books and listen to them in the order I get them. While on a recent road trip I started 3 different books that were just not holding my attention. This book was fourth on the list. I should have known better and just gone straight to a Bible book.

Even though the story starts out with plenty of action it still took me a couple of chapters to be com
Norma
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, audio, reviewed, s-f
( Format : Audiobook )
"You're done, stone boy, done forever."
It was supposed to be a cakewalk with enough profit for them all to retire. It wasn't. The surviving marines, their ship, The Romper, falling apart around them, land on an orange/yellow planet to look for stores to repair her. The planet is named Hell

Andrew Werhlen reads this innovative story to perfection. Each character has his or her own individual voice, the pace is brisk but not too fast and his changing intonations help ramp up t
Emmy
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
I'm not familiar with Jake Bible's books, but have indulged in other works narrated by Andrew Wehrlen, which prompted me to give this a chance.

Andrew has a commanding voice and varies tone for the characters. As another reviewer pointed out, he has a talent to glaze over the continuous stream of "said".

Outpost Hell was a futuristic military sci fi horror? Again, not a theme I usually drool for or support, but it kept my attention and was written rather well for my novice naiveté limited knowle
BookLoversLife
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
When a squad of Galactic Fleet Marines decide to do an opportunistic heist, they think it will be an easy smash and grab, but things go wrong and they are forced to run for their lives. The only escape is an unstable wormhole, but crossing through has some devastating results for their ship, and the are forced to check out an abandoned supply outpost, on a hostile planet. Upon arriving there, they find out that the place isn't as abandoned as it seems.

This was a bit of a slow burner, but I stil
Tobias Queen
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well that was unexpected!

Action! More action! Plot twist! More plot twist! Even more action. Explosions! Humor! More explosions! Sarcasm! More Action! Drinking! Profit!
ben
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Probably the best book yet that I have read by Jake Bible. Great characters that are easy to identify with and a twisted ending.
Valerie
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well written

A well written, enjoyable story with very interesting characters. I like this author & will definitely read more by this author.
Josh
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Once again jake gives us a great story with awesome characters. I hope this is a set up for another book
Trevor
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A simple heist gone wrong, ends on a long forgotten world full of danger!! Good book from Jake, not quiet the non stop action as Roark series, but still very entertaining.
RJ
May 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
Returned.
Brian T Callanan
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Outstanding! Great book ! I truly thought the warped marines were amazing! Great job!
Keith
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Not my favorite Jake Bible book but not bad.
Norma
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
( Format : audio book)
Cynthia Terrones
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
KUDOS TO JAKE BIBLE, ANOTHER AWESOME STORY

Jake Bible has added another great book to his writings and I loved it. "Hell Outpost" has everything I like to read about in his books and so much more. He is at the top of his game and the top of the Indie Author List with a a few other awesome Authors I love to read. This is another 5 star review for Jake and a highly recommended must read that I hope everyone checks out.
Pocosnoopy
Mar 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
I like this author but this was just poor. Over 150 pages in and I was bored out of my mind. Not recommended. Read anything else by this author.
David P. Duffy
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not Bad, Not Bad At All

"Outpost Hell," after a somewhat mixed beginning, turned into a decent, quick moving SciFi read.

Far in the future, in the years following the latest war against an alien race, a squad of veteran Galactic Fleet Marines, disenchanted with their situation, decide to go into business for themselves, and rob the vault of a former enemy general (shades of the film, "Kelly's Heroes"). Things go sideways during the heist, and the survivors make a hasty exit, only to end up in a d
Mark
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Highly entertaining futuristic novel featuring an off-beat group of Galactic Fleet Marines getting themselves in trouble trying to steal from a Skrang outpost now that the war between the nations is ended. During a high-speed pursuit they end up in a destination where few have ever survived.
It is easy to see this novel in comic book form. The character mashups would put H G Wells creations The Island of Dr. Moreau to shame. I can even here John Wayne’s voice from The Green Berets. Just like in r
PJ Lea
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, sci-fi
Idle hands...

The galactic fleet and the Skrang are at peace, but marines with idle hands are going to find some way to get into trouble.
Great characters that are easy to root for. Humans, aliens and A.I. combine to make it complex with an exciting storyline that hooks you in from the start and mean it is an easy to recommend book.
Charles B Rodgers
Mar 24, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Siberian Incident
  • Ice Cave
  • The Catacombs (World's Scariest Places #2)
  • Wildlife (Wildlife #1)
  • Vietnam Black
  • The Snow: A Supernatural Apocalypse Novel (Whiteout Book 1)
  • Frostbite
  • The Cavern
  • Life After The Fall (The Planetsider Trilogy, #0.5)
  • The Scavengers (After The Apocalypse, #1)
  • What Lurks Below (Hell Holes, #1)
  • Wanderer's Escape (Wanderer's Odyssey, #1)
  • Blood Type Infected 1: No Future For Man (Blood Type : Infected)
  • The Beginning: Surviving the Apocolypse (Bunker Z, #1)
  • Everything Dies: Season One
  • The DayZ Novel
  • The Chameleon (Living In Hell Trilogy #1)
  • The True Measure (Terran Armor Corps #3)
Jake Bible, Bram Stoker Award nominated-novelist, short story writer, independent screenwriter, podcaster, and inventor of the Drabble Novel, has entertained thousands with his horror, sci/fi, thriller, and adventure tales. He reaches audiences of all ages with his uncanny ability to write a wide range of characters and genres.

Jake is the author of the bestselling Z-Burbia series set in Asheville,