Start by marking “Guardian (Guardian, #1)” as Want to Read:
Guardian (Guardian, #1)

Guardian

(Guardian #1)

Guardian is book one, of the two book series, Guardian.

* * * * *

The daughter of my oldest friend, is now my responsibility.

I expected a little girl in pigtails. What I got - was a Lolita with an attitude that drives me insane, - and a body that fuels every man's fantasies ...

She's everywhere I turn.

Tormenting me, teasing me, taunting me; wrapping herself around my every
Kindle Edition
Published by Remy Blake (first published March 29th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Guardian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guardian

Start your review of Guardian (Guardian, #1)
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥

Remy Blake is a male/female author duo that I just recently discovered. I knew that Jacob Chance was the male author involved, and I wanted to try his writing, so I thought this quick read would be the perfect opportunity to do that. Guardian is a forbidden romance, but don’t worry if that really isn’t your thing. The story didn’t feel that taboo to me, and there is absolutely no kink involved. It's one of the best short stories that I have ever read in the romance genre. I usually find
Isabella. R
3 Jailbait Stars ⭐

Guardian was quite good even if it is a cliché trope. For a novella, these authors did a great job creating a storyline that felt organic in a small number of pages. And admittedly I felt amused reading this, in a good way.

With the news that his best friend has passed, Brock doesn’t even have time to mourn. He is shocked that his friend has left him custody of his daughter. Expecting a young girl, he receives a Lolita incarnate.

"I should’ve fucking known she was going to fuck w
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars to Guardian by author duo Remy Blake.
Published: March 30, 2017
Read: March 29, 2017
POV: First-person dual
Standalone
Genres: Erotic Romance, Older man/Younger woman

Guardian was a super short, sexy read. At first, after reading the blurb, I made the assumption that the trope of this book was probably 'daddy' kink." It was not. The premise is strictly older man/younger woman. The hero, Brock, was fifteen years older than the heroine, Ivy. That said, I adored this book and was not at all cre
Andrea Fleury
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He left me a kid??

Dirty sexy read. Older guy younger girl. So much hot steamy sex. great book.. I Loved it. New author to me I'll be reading more
Sybil aka Lala
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How to describe this book… Well, in a phrase:

Filled to bursting with all the things that make your toes curl over.
Unrelenting in its sexual tension.
Clammy (hey, it’s better than moist) is what it will make your… hands.
Kinky enough to make you clutch your pearls.
Sweetness perfectly mixed with tangible passion.
A sassy h and a brash H you simply have to meet.
Filthy words mixed into poignant sentences that make your heart clench.
Entertaining, exciting and (semi-)taboo.
Beautifully written from the f
JadeC
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars! enjoyed this book. not as much angst but definitely some steamy moments.
Dri ✰
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
3,5 stars!
Melanie (mells_view)
Quick and hot

If you're looking for instalove that could be considered sort of taboo, then this is it.

When an old friend Brock had lost contact with passes, he is left as the guardian of his old friends daughter. He's reluctant, but takes on the task anyway. He's expecting a young girl, but what he gets isn't that. Haha. Brock is Ivy's guardian, but he can't deny the attraction that's there even though he'd never act on it. Ivy just wants to get Brock out of her life as quickly as possibly. I won
Kate
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from the new writing duo that is Remy Blake.

While it's a short & steamy read, I love that this duo pack in plenty of background & plot. The characters actually have some depth, which means you know enough about them & their motivations to be able to engage with them early in the read.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of sparks & steam... Brock & Ivy certainly bring the heat... but it's more than just a quick & dirty smut-filled read.

While there is a fairly decent age gap, i
V.💜GreedyThirstForForbidden🖤
Another short story, after reading Tempt I was curious to read more by this duo. Guardian is another insta lust/love short story. Brock and Ivy are pleasant characters, the sex between them is steamy and the love developing between them is an added bonus to this warm story. These stories are nice interludes among series or if you want a quick love fix and guaranteed HEA.
Leigh
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars, age-gap

Guardian is the first book I have read by this writing duo and definitely not the last. It was exactly what I was looking for, short and sweet. Brock and Ivy had great chemistry. Their first interaction was very funny and I enjoyed the tension that quickly became banter. If you don't like Insta-Everything you may want to skip this one but if the Insta's don't bother you this one was good.
Lučka

Jos
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tre Talbot
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This duo has done it again and have written another amazing story. Right from the beginning my attention is captured and I'm drawn into the storyline about how Brock, a 35 year old single officer is now becoming the guardian of his late friends daughter Ivy who is 18. The attraction is there without a doubt but when they both try to fight it and argue instead of embracing their feeling I found myself laughing with the things Ivy comes up with to rile Brock up. This is a quick read but oh so good ...more
Tracy
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book gets hot and heavy fast! With anticipation and excitement ,the forbidden becomes obsession. Brock is expecting a small little girl, but what he gets is a tempting​ vixen. Ivy and Brock try to fight the growing attraction and fail miserably . When it gets to irresistible they let go and finally get to ravish each other . Ivy makes a decision on her own that breaks both of them. But Brock is not ready to let go and accept it. His actions are the best for what they both truly want. This i ...more
Patrixia Lansangan
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story, I had things to do today but FUCK THOSE!!!!

I just had to finish this story today XD

It is so intriguing and so realistic! Brock didn't act like an alpha male and just went for Ivy.

I loved how they actually genuinely try to be friends and stay away from each other and I think that's a really great buildup! <3

Ivy was gonna follow her dream and I admired her for that and not just gave up everything to be with her man... :)

I loved them together....they were fire and gas
Marah
Shelves: arcs
ARC of Guardian by Remy Blake was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is my second book that I have read by Remy Blake and I wasn't let down, this male and female writing duo brought their A game on this one. I absolutely loved the back and forth struggle between Brock and Ivy. It was super interesting and addicting. Their dynamic and chemistry was off the charts. I was sucked in from the first page. I couldn't stop until I had reached the end. I'm always a pushover f
Denielle Hoppe
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
DIRTY KNEES REVIEWS: Guardian by Remy Blake 5 Knees!
I don't purposely go to taboo books cause it's not my go to genre. Knowing half of this duo I will read everything he puts out but holy man this one was good!
It has laugh out loud humour, INTENSE heat and believe it or not vulnerability that truly almost had me in tears.
I'm sad it didn't go further but that's what you get with novellas. If there is ever a break in scheduling Remy Blake I think you need to make this one a full story. OR Brock n
Diane Hamilton
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Guardian by Remy Blake is an easy flowing story to follow. It's sexy, hot and the storyline is refreshing.

Brock's life is flipped upside down when he discovers that his best friend passed away and left his daughter, Ivy in his care..Little did he know that Ivy isn't so little but is a sassy, sexy teenager...
From the moment they meet their attraction is undeniable. Sexual tension overloaded with trying to deny their feelings for each other leads to some steamy nights..
Feelings get involved and Iv
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
Romantic and erotic, Guardian might be considered taboo for the age difference between the characters, but only for that.

I enjoyed this short story. The insta-love is pretty predictable but there's a whole emotional side to it, so you see the relationship and the feelings evolving.
Brock is pretty hot! And sexy! And a detective ;) and Ivy is very mature for her age as well as pretty sassy what gives a nice touch to the story.
I loved the romantic side of Brock, a lot!

You can expect very steamy sce
Booknerdingout
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Guardian was a HOT taboo read that I really enjoyed. `Brock was so darn sexy and I legit just wanted to eat him up. And I loved Ivy and all her sass. Together they were fire. Can't wait to read this duo's next book. ...more
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
I am quickly becoming a HUGE fan of this duo! I love the way this duo has you worried about the way you will perceive this book but once you have read the book you are so turned on that nothing matters! Once I started reading I was a little concerned about the direction this book could go but BOY was I so wrong and I am beyond thrilled I read this book!

Brock is this delicious police detective who just found out some terrible news about a friend of his and his world is going to be completely rock
Reviews from the Heart
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when your oldest friend passes away and asks you to be the guardian of the child you never knew he had? For Brock Marshall regret of not being a good friend has him accepting the responsibility. But the little girl he expected comes in a form of a forbidden young woman with a body that drives him crazy.

Guardian by Remy Blake is an over the top, naughty, sexy and steamy read. But sometimes that is just what we need as a reader. I loved it. It was insta-attraction with a bit of the
Jennifer - You Can't Resista Dirty Book
Hope you like the chase because it is on!! We have a serious case of insta lust/love going on here!!
Brock Marshall is a Florida Police Detective living the carefree bachelor life. When he receives news that his oldest friend has passed away and that he is now guardian to his daughter, he cannot believe how his life is going to change. Preparing himself for the arrival of a young girl, he is caught off guard when the little girl turns out to be a drop dead gorgeous young woman - the hottest site
Kristi
4 I AM A SUCKER FOR FILTHY AGE GAP ROMANCES!!!!!!

HOT DAMN! I loved this little short! This was HOT as fire, the plot was fantastic, it was a simple read and it has a 17 year age gap with the h being legal! I was WINNING when I read this! AAAAAND IT WAS FILTHY HOT!!!

Brock has been left guardianship over Ivy by his one time best friend Charles. He’s expecting a little girl with pigtails and he gets invoked straight on his gorgeous ass when she steps out of the limo!

Ivy has got to stay with this m
Angela DeMarco
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Guardian by Remy Blake is a quick, sexy, taboo read. This duo definitely can write.

Ivy is a young woman who has lost her father and is being sent to live with his best friend Brock. A man she has never met or knows anything about. Ivy has no say in the matter her father has left guardianship to Brock. I loved Ivy she's beautiful, full of attitude, and sass, she's not afraid to use those traits to her advantage. Poor Brock he has no idea what he's getting himself into.

Brock has been li
Barbara
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wasn’t real sure this book would be to my liking, due to the subject matter, but I enjoyed Remy Blake's writing style with their first book and decided I’d take a chance. Boy oh Boy I couldn’t of been more wrong as I adored this book and Remy Blake did not let me down .

All the characters in the story are believable and lovable (even if I did want to slap Ivy’s attitude right off her on occasions). The banter and tension between Brock and Ivy was so well written that I felt like I was right th
Cheril Olmsted
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Guardian by Remy Blake was a sexy read that I devoured in one sitting.

Ivy is a sassy young woman whose father just passed away and is being forced to live with his best friend Brock. The chemistry between them is instantaneous, but they keep there distance all while trying to get under each other's skin. But when the sexual tension finally burst it leads to a very hot night. Only problem Ivy has her sights set on traveling the world and falling in love with Brock is not an option. So when her f
Liz
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great quick read! This was hot and steamy and forbidden. Really, what else could you want in a sexy story? It seems the writing duo known as Remy Blake will keep their readers all hot and bothered with their stories!

Ivy Colt needs to reside with her assigned guardian, Brock Marshall, in order inherit the money left to her by her father. But the almost nineteen year old has other plans. That is until she meets her hot, sexy, older guardian.

The chemistry was instant and crazy. I could not
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Romance Retreat: GUARDIAN is FREE for a LIMITED TIME 1 24 Dec 23, 2019 05:34AM

• Mantrum
  • Edge of Forever (On the Edge Duet, #2)
  • Canvas (Quake, #5)
  • Delve (Delve, #1; Quake #3)
  • Quake (Quake, #1)
  • Depravity (King University, #1)
  • Perfect Storm
  • Quiver (Quake, #2)
  • My Ex-Boyfriend's Daddy (Once Upon a Daddy #9)
  • When October Starts (Juno & Ezra, #1)
  • Blocked (Boston Terriers Hockey, #3)
  • Tied (Delve, #2; Quake, #4)
  • Edge of Retribution
  • Punched
  • Delude (Quake #4)
  • Devilry (King University, #2)
  • Mr. Marshall's Method (Learning to Love, #1)
  • Iced (Boston Terriers Hockey, #2)
Remy Blake are a bestselling male and female author duo, comprised of Jacob Chance and Marley Valentine. Pairing up to have some fun, they write steamy, short reads, with insta love/lust, a side of taboo and a guaranteed HEA. You can expect twice the debauchery in every novel they write.

Guardian (2 books)