Start by marking “Conflicted Interest (The Conflicted Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Conflicted Interest (The Conflicted Series, #1)

Conflicted Interest (The Conflicted Series, #1)

Theo flies to Athens for a wedding with a plan: stay for the vows, raise a toast, and get the hell back to work. He’s staring down the barrel of the biggest gamble of his career, and can’t afford the distractions of a glamorous city or desirable women; neither of which excite him much anyway.

Until he meets Audrey.

Brilliant, ruthless, and set on conquering the finance wor
Published February 14th 2017 by Athenian Press

Carvanz
I found this book to be an interesting read. (No pun intended)

Audrey and Theon are both characters that have worked hard to get where they are and they have no intention of sitting back and letting it all go. This is the story of how a couple who live in different countries, each with high aspirations, meet and have a one night stand that struggles to turn into more. It is not OTT and there is no insta-anything. Except possibly the desire Theon feels for Adurey upon meeting her. Their feelings
Kate (beautifulbookland)
May 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star, net-galley
I finished this book about a few days ago and am only now writing a review because I literally didn't really feel anything while reading this. At least some books make me feel angry, but this was just...meh.

All I can really remember from this is that the main characters meet at a wedding, have sex and then separate. Then they pine over each other, she visits him at Istanbul or wherever it was that he lived.

I'm sure some people will love this book, as it gets good ratings from other Goodreads u
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Conflicted Interest is a good debut novel by Ava Starke. The mystery, the secret that Theo was keeping was a little obvious, once details started pouring in, I figured out what he was keeping from Audrey and why. I also predicted how Audrey would react. But, just because Conflicted Interest was a little predictable does not mean that I did not enjoy reading the first part of Theo and Audrey's journey.

Theo and Audrey meet at the wedding of Audrey's ex boyfriend, who happens to be a friend of Theo
Vicki
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
From reading the blurb on this book I was intrigued and needed to know more, this book is written from dual POV and pulls you in quickly, the characters and story line flow with ease and the story is relatable and one you can devour in a few hours.

Ava starke has made quite an entrance with her debut novel and can't wait to see where she takes her characters in the next instalment from the conflicted series, definitely an author to watch out for, a thoroughly enjoyable read.
Sarah Wayne
Conflicted Interest by Ava Starke. This is a new author to me. I found this story to be lack luster and boring. Banking and consulting work is not what I want to read about in my romance books. Theo and Audrey were pretty sexy in their own rights but together lacked heat in my opinion. I didn't feel the chemistry between them and felt let down by the book as a whole. Well written at least, just not for me, I appreciate the opportunity to read thebook and Thank Netgalley and the publisher for the ...more
Lindsay
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ARE of this books on Netgalley from the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review. The preview defiantly made me wanting more! I enjoyed the book was written from the two main characters point of view, and let me it pulled me in really quickly. I couldn't put the book down. The storyline was well written that I couldn't put the book down at all. It was done within a few hours of me receiving the book. Loved how the characters Theo and Aubrey traveled around the world, it m ...more
Kim Vanravenswaay
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by Ava Starke. I really liked it, and can't wait to see what else she has to read.
C bond
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
netgalley

a good well written read. held my interest from start to finish.
Ranton
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Looking for something to read that caught my attention, I took a chance on Ava Starke’s debut novel, "Conflicted Interest"; and I’m glad I did. While at its heart, the novel is a romance story told from both Audrey’s and Theo’s perspectives; Starke, also, peals back the curtains on the world of international finance and entrepreneurship. So often, novels in the romance genre seem to be just one attempted sizzling scene after another with not much in-between to capture the reader’s interest. Whil ...more
Stephanie Spencer Rivera
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best romance protagonist

The most frustrating thing about romance novels is often the main character may start out fine, but becomes a feeble, diluted, shell of her former self when she falls in love. Not true with Ava Starke's characters. There is no need to put aside your feminist principals to relate to the character of Audrey. She is realistic and driven and for as much as she wants love, she won't sacrifice herself for it. That's not saying she isn't willing to compromise, just that she
Beth
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Five stars for story build and steaminess. Main characters were believable... felt I could run onto them in the street. They're real... embarrassing awkward moments and all.

Great story. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys contemp. romance. It takes place in different cities in Europe and then hops over to New York... one of my favorite cities to read about always!
Tonya Peterson
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was a definition of conflicted interest when two people from opposites of the work table have a fling and later find out just how tough it is to trust one another and not come to conclusions. Can't wait for the next book.
Shalyn
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
*Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review*. This was a good book. I enjoyed reading it and look forward to reading more from this author in the future. The book was very detailed and I really liked the main characters.
J.R. Tyger
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Theo - He is attending his acquaintance's wedding in Athens when he runs into Audrey, his acquaintance's ex-fiancee. He tries not to get involved with her since she is David's ex. But in the end, they have a night together he will not soon forget.

Audrey - She is a wasn't sure why she was invited to her ex-fiance's and went back and forth about going but in the end, she went anyway. She ran into Theo. When she realized he was a friend of David's she thought better of wanting to have any sort of f
Space Cowgirl
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An International Love 💘 Affair
Theo🐺🍆🌋 is a German, living and working in Istanbul. He wants to settle down with a loving woman, but hasn't found the right one yet.
He is in Greece, attending a good friend's Greek wedding, when he sees a woman he desperately wants. Trouble us, she's Aubrey💋💃, his good friend's ex! Off limits! What She is doing at his wedding is very odd. Theo🐺🍆🌋 knows who she is but she has never met him.
Still, he is very drawn to her and seeks her out at every chance. Aubrey💋💃
Melissa
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was just as hot and bothered reading this as the characters were going through this! Audrey and Theo had me loving them and wanting me to slap them upside their heads while reading this book. I can also say I learned a bit more about the financial world and business mergers. Can't wait to get my hands on the next book!
Book-Lovin-Momma
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There was so much conflict happening in this book! It took a little while to get to the heart of the story, but it was quite a complex tale of movers and shakers trying to get that ultimate deal without getting burned in the process. Audrey and Theo tiptoed around each other endlessly, and neither would lay all their cards on the table. I enjoyed this book, but there were times I wanted to yell at each of them for their shortsightedness, despite how intelligent they were. It was sensually appeal ...more
Melissa Lane
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh My! This book has it all....desire, deceit, drama. A fun fling turns into a forbidden future. Can Audrey and Theo actually get their hearts and heads in the same place at the same time? I read this book in a few short hours because I could do nothing else until I got to the last word. Then, I immediately screamed NO!!!! And went and bought the 2nd book in the series. I HAVE to find out how this relationship progresses. A definite MUST read. I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an ho ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Theo and Audrey are dynamic characters with dominating personalities. Audrey is in Greece for the wedding of her ex. seeking closure what she finds is Theo a friend to her ex. Their presence draws them to each other and yet Audrey try to deny her feelings for Theo. Job obligations limit their time to each other. Audrey is confident in herself and determined to make it in her career. Theo throws a wrench in her goals to her career and to herself now it is a matter of what she will choose.
Emma
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unbelievable, a story of fiction that somehow reads like nonfiction. Theo and Audrey: The story was excellent and the plot was so intriguing that I could not stop reading. From page one I knew I was headed to a romance that was not your typical read. This was based on a very high profile, very big financial deal between Audrey's bank and Theo's company. It was interesting to read about how financial transactions were made and the implications of the "conflict of interest" could be devastating. A ...more
Lucinda
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC and am voluntarily leaving a review.
This book was absolutely brilliant! Well written, with well developed characters and a very intriguing story line. My heart breaks for Theo and Audrey. I cannot wait to read the second book. I was high strung from all the drama from page 1 until the very end. Fantastic work Ava Starke!!
Kim F
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing sweet romance. Fantastic read. Wonderfully written with great characters and story line. It captivated my full attention. I want to read more. I voluntarily am reviewing an advance reader copy of this book that I received through Shifted Sheets Books.
Nicole
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written, beautiful story that travels the world. I wanted a happy ever after, but the cliffhanger was poetic too.
Melanie Jo
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I read from this author and what a book to read. I was hooked from the start. Pulled me in from the first chapter. Definitely worth the read. The ending? Really? Cannot believe it ended like that but can't wait to read the next one.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well crud.....this book ends with a CLIFFHANGER! Yes, I said it. Just wanted to get that out of the way first off.

Audrey is a woman whose career in banking may or may not be what she wants to do with her life. At the beginning of the story she is attending the destination wedding of her ex-fiance. She is conflicted about whether she should have attended or not but thought it might be a chance to move on from the past. At the wedding she is drawn to a handsome and enigmatic man.

Theo is a man of
Tina Smith
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this story line even though the cliffhanger is frustrating. The plot is just complex enough to keep you interested. I did feel bogged down at times with extravagant wording and more information about business than I felt was necessary. I am anxious to read the next book in this series, although the essay questions at the end made me feel like I was in Literature class. I am voluntarily reviewing an Advanced Reader Copy of this book that I received through Shifted Sheets Book Promot ...more
Laurie Beemer
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can anyone say 10 stars please- Ok I must say that I started this series backwards because I was asked to read book two before I knew how much I would love this series and then I was offered the chance to read book 1. This is hands down one of the most enjoyable, hot, entertaining, magical, and just plan amazing book series that I have read. Not only are the characters described so amazingly the scenery, the relationships, the chemistry, actually the entire book from start to finish was phenomen ...more
BP34
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. This is the first book in the Conflicted Series and features Theo and Audrey. They were both so consumed with work and no time for romance until they met each other at a wedding. Wow, sparks flew like a combustion and chemistry that was off the charts. But they lived in separate countries not to mention that Theo had secrets he was keeping. Lots of sex, drama and suspense followed by a cliffhanger. Well written with complex characters.
Pat
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully written storyline with a well planned plot pulled me right into the story from the very beginning and the well fleshed out characters made me feel like I was standing in a room watching the story effortlessly unfold between Audrey and Theo! This is the first book that I have read by this author and it definitely will not be the last!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Caroline
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2018
💙 Copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 💙

This book has left me feeling conflicted! After a few months I decided to pick my Kindle back up - shock! I was able to carry on without going back over the previous chapters, which is also a good thing.

Audrey and Theo meet at Audrey's ex's wedding - Awks - and have some chemistry...

After the short wedding fling they both head their separate ways; until Audrey pulls up her big girl pants and goes on an adventure just for some fun.

This is t
Conflicted Audrey! 2 4 Mar 30, 2017 11:18AM

• The Book of Wizzy
  • Mrs. V. Time
  • Outbid by the Boss
  • Tycoon Billionaires Box Set: Books 1-3: Billionaire Box Set
  • Myth of Perfection: Confessions of a Housewife (Myth Series)
  • MATCHMAKER (A Billionaire Bad Boy Romance)
  • Beauty Queen Angel
  • Stones Across the River: The Path to Your Best Work in Your Peak Years
  • Goddess Rising (Complicated Creatures #0.5)
  • The Five Pillars of Islam: Laying the Foundations of Divine Love and Service to Humanity
  • Royal Stripper ( A Secret Baby Romance)
  • 52 Quick Lessons on the Bible: From Genesis to Revelation: A Weekly Guide for Student Leaders
  • Nanni's Hijab
  • Cathy's World
  • Bible Reading for Everyone: The Old Testament Reader's Guide
  • Dressing Your Personal Brand: The Ultimate Guide to Leveraging your Appearance to be Happier, More Successful, and Less Stressed
  • I Wish You Would: An Autobiography about Life, Love and Lessons Learned in the Hood
  • Delivered (The Monster Trilogy Book 3)