Start by marking “Hard to Protect (Black Ops Heros #3)” as Want to Read:
Hard to Protect (Black Ops Heros #3)

Hard to Protect

(Black Ops Heros #3)

Volcanic hot and ambitious Special Agent Will Berwick doesn’t give a damn what his orders are; he’s not taking the enemy—the lovely but arctic Dr. Angel Treherne—to bed. Oh, he’ll root out her secrets, but on his own terms.

Caught up in a tangled web of deceit and betrayal, Angel trusts no one—certainly not alpha-cocky, cunning Will Berwick. First he’s hostile, then he’s c
Published March 20th 2017 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Ignite)

To ask other readers questions about Hard to Protect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard to Protect

Elaine
This is the third novel in this series and I had previously read the second one, Hard to Forget, and found it an enthralling 5* read so I jumped at the chance to read this one and it was just as great IMHO!

Special Agent Will Berwick is the leader of the secret Black Ops Assassin squad, based at The Cube, a team deeply hidden and working within the British Secret Service. Returning to work after he was almost fatally shot, Will has to be seen by Dr Angel Treherne, a forces psychotherapist. He’s r
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
I should have started with the first in the series, I felt pretty lost with the secret OPs world building.
Dísir
Will Berwick and the frosty Angel Treherne first meet as patient and psychotherapist, until Will, after months of medical leave, is tasked with a honey trap for the good doctor and her apparent deception where her missing brother’s concerned. But Angel is as stubbornly arctic, and extremely smart to catch on with a veneer of icy control as Will is unsuccessful in his seduction attempts. But the game of hunter and hunted becomes muddled as soon as Angel decides to turn the game on Will himself.

I
Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore
Read the full review, including memorable tweetable quotes, on GraveTells: http://bit.ly/GTreview-HardToProtect-Black (live on March 30, 2017)

Hard To Protect is just delightful, a romantic suspense that teases and stalks and feasts in all the right ways. And, aside from the romance between Will and Angel, it’s not predictable, either. You never know what’s going to happen next in Incy Black’s racy, clever adventure.

These characters are vibrant. From ice to volcano, controlled grace to explosiv
Tracey
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have a soft spot for Will, he's already been through so much and copped a lot of flack. Though this is the third book in the series, it can easily be read as a standalone, as can the previous two, but if you read Hard to Forget and Hard to Hold first you get more Will. And who wouldn't want more Will?

Will Berwick lives for his job. After an injury, he is desperate to get back to Black Ops and his team of Assassins. Except he doesn't like taking rules from the guy who has taken the job that sho
Tracie Delaney
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hard to Protect is the third book in the ‘Hard to’ series by Incy Black and I, for one, have not been able to wait to get my hands on this book.

Will Berwick, leader of the Assassins at The Cube, a plausibly deniable secret team hidden deep within British Intelligence is given the unenviable task of breaking down Angel Treherne, a psychotherapist who The Service believe hold the key to finding her brother, Rhys, a brilliant scientist who has developed a potentially explosive drug that could trans
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
My first read by this author and I must admit to being amazed. I was drawn in immediately. The blurb got me but the flow, build, maintenance of keeping me turning page after page had me hooked. I fell hard for this one sexy hot special agent. I take each new author and treat them with an open blank page. I go in with no real expectation except to be taken on a journey. Whether it is a good or bad, or just down right horrible to exceptional great, I go in with my eyes open and ready for what come ...more
Eve Devon
Thoroughly Entertaining – five stars
Hard to Protect is the third book in Incy Black’s fast-paced, sexy romantic suspense ‘Hard To’ series. To be honest, from the moment Will Berwick was introduced in book two (Hard to Forget) I’ve been waiting for him to get his own story and Hard to Protect doesn’t disappoint.

I love the outside-of-the-box plots and pace of Ms Black’s books. Her characters are always intelligent and intense, and in Hard to Protect, Will and Angel (the heroine) are no exception.
Wopsywoobookblog
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was really excited to start reading Hard To Protect. I've read the others in this series and I know this author has a way of writing that makes you remember. You remember the characters and the excitement you get when you read her books. This was very much still true with this installment of the series. I am most definitely going to remember this one for a VERY long time.

Hard To Protect focuses on Special Agent Will Berwick and Dr Angel Treherne.

Will is given an assignment from his asshole of
Julia Stevens
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, complex but real characters and a storyline that kept me turning the pages.

I've been eagerly awaiting book 3 in the Hard To.... Series and this time Will Berwick is on the frontline, cricket bat and all!
A leading member of the secret Government black ops assassin team, Will is assigned the task of "honey trapping" his psychotherapist on his first day back after a life threatening injury. To say he is unhappy is an understatement. Even with his wit and charm and his rumoured prow
Delphine
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Take 1 attractive smart man + 1 attractive smart woman + a dash of conflict = BOOM!

Or in the case of Mrs Doubtfire "Brace yourself Effie!" because you are in for a rollercoaster ride...

I don't want to dwell too much on the plot because plenty of you have already done that, but this book captures the reader from it's opening sentence and doesn't release you until it is well and truly done with you. In short, I was wholly addicted from the start.

Incy Black is an incredibly gifted writer who has th
Cathy Skendrovich
Wow, what a sexy, action-packed, suspenseful read! I loved this third installment in Ms. Black's Black Ops Heroes series. Will and Angel were HOT together!

I found Will sexy as hell. He's an operative on the edge: emotionally and physically, and the author does a great job of illustrating that with her word choices, and his actions. No "Telling" in this book; Ms. Black's descriptions, in words and deeds, paint vivid pictures of what's going on, in the book, and in the characters' heads.

Angel is
Mommaleena
48 Hours
Although this is the 3rd book of the series, it's the first one I've read as well as the first Incy Black novel, but I look forward to not only reading the first two books, but waiting for more! While each book is it's own standalone story, they revolve around the black ops within the British Intelligence Service. This book is full of mystery, suspense, betrayal, heartache, as well as love, with a surprising twist at the end that I didn't fully see coming. Be warned, once you start rea
Sparkymom
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was only my second book by this author, and it was very different from the first one and not quite what I expected at first. I wasn't sure I liked Will or Angel in the beginning. They were both abrasive and emotionally locked down. As the story progresses though, they began to chip away at each other and expose where all that hardness came from. Both had very traumatic pasts and good reason to guard their hearts. Eventually they realize they have a mutual purpose, getting a dangerous drug d ...more
Alison
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC of this book in return for an honest review. I'd rate this just into four and a half stars.

At last! The third volume in the series Hard to... we finally get to read Will Berwick's story and he's going to have a world of trouble with his heroine Dr Angel Treherne. This story does stand alone for the most part, but readers may find it helpful to read the two other stories first as some previous characters are referred to in this story.

Will's back from sick leave, and his new and
Fiona Chapman
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Incy Black delivers once again!

Our third hero in the Black Ops Hard to... series, Will Berwick, is about as penetrable as a rock, and his therapist, Dr. Angel Treherne really doesn't like him with his egotistical alpha-male temperament, even if he does have a grief-stricken past.

Then there's the rather awkward matter of Will's orders from The Top to seduce the doctor, to find out whether she's harbouring her fugitive brother; something Will has absolutely no intention of doing. Not only is she
Dawn Higgins
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW just WOW.
I knew from reading Incy's previous books that i was going to like this book,i didn't just like this book i LOVED it,but i did not expect how this story unfolded for the hot Will Berwick.He has taken on a case where he is a honey trap to get information from Dr Treherne about here brother.
Dr Angle Treherne is a frosty hard faced psychologist who has been evaluailing Will for months so he can get back into the Black ops.
This was fast paced with so many twist and turns that i didn't s
Heather andrews
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Sometimes Will's logic is just hard to understand, “nope,” he interrupted, arms folded across his chest. “I had you locked up so I couldn’t eff you, because I sure as h*** wanted to.” I totally agree with Angel its hard to get comfortable if simething keeps poking you:
“You’ve got an erection the size of a cricket bat.”
His eyes stayed closed. “Live with it. I’ve had to— for weeks. It’s not as if I haven’t held you like this before.”
I liked this book, both Angel and Will were stubborn people an
Ayekah
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book took me by total surprise. Not fully knowing what to expect, if I had an expectation, it blew it out of the water. This is one insanely good book. My first book by this author, won't be the last.

This series takes place in England.
Will is a Black Operative who is still on recoup leave having failed his psych eval, his own doing because he refuses to co operate.
Angel Treherne is the Dr who is in charge of the Pysch Eval's among other things and also works for the government in this spe
Shehanne Moore
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AH and aw in equal measures. Firstly AH because this the long awaited third book in the Hard To series featuring Incy Black’s own special Black ops. Aw, because she says trilogy although I hope that the exciting Freya Dervish will feature somewhere along the line in another book. No pressure there now Incy, just saying. Although I’ve read the other two books in the series, in many ways this book is a standalone.
In true spy honey trap tradition, Will Berwick, secret agent hot and complicated, is
Annie Seaton
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been looking forward to this book for months. It doesn't disappoint. The story moves at a cracking pace, but the best thing for me is Ms Black's voice. It is snarky, and unique, and I love the way she depicts the characters! Fabulous tension that will keep you reading. Five stars from me!
Nightbird Novels
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Will is Black Ops, used to doing what he has to do to get the job done. When he is told he needs to seduce his former psychologist that he had been mandated to see after an injury, he decides he might just enjoy giving her a little taste of revenge.

‘But Angel? What of? The bloody polar ice caps?’

Angel’s brother is in trouble, has disappeared and subsequently left Angel in a bad situation. After Will starts showing up and asking to take her out, she knows that she is now in a dangerous situation
Bec
Special Agent Will Berwick can't believe the tricky assignment he's been tasked with, which he's not allowed to refuse. Seducing the woman he's dubbed the Ice Queen isn't going to be easy, but he isn't above using any means necessary to get the information he needs from her. However, he never expected she'd be the one to unravel his hardened heart and have him contemplating happy ever after. Will he be able to let the past go, so that he and Angel can have a future together?

What a gripping and
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dr. Angel Treherne has trained herself to never show weakness, which makes people describe her as the Ice Queen. They don't know what she's overcome, nor the guilt she carries, but one thing is for certain, she would do anything to protect her brother. Special Agent Will Berwick has been forced into the new assignment of finding out the ice doctor's secrets, in order to locate her brother. Unfortunately, all of them underestimated her, as she's instantly suspicious to Will's new interest. Will t ...more
Joy
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to have received an ARC of Hard To Protect from Incy Black, this past week, in return for my unbiased review.

This is the first book I have read of Incy Black. It will not be the last.

From the first page I was intrigued, and curious to read on to try to get a firm grip on the hero, Will Berwick. Incy painted him as a renowned undercover agent with a huge ego and a special talent for pleasuring the females of the nation. He has been given orders to seduce a work colleague to ex
Meghan Lloyd
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a deep, thought-provoking book about the horrors of childhood trauma and the effects of war (both foreign and domestic) on the human psyche. I experienced so many emotions right alongside the characters, whether it was Angel, Will, or one of their family members, it opened up all my senses and left me feeling.

Will Berwick is running on sheer willpower. After being seriously injured on a mission and then learning his fiance killed herself while he was away, he is struggling to keep it to
Bookgyrl
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
When I saw this book at Netgalley I did some recon and found there are 2 more books in this series (from 2014) and they all had glowing reviews. So, I took a chance and clicked request. I have read the other 2 books first and wow, can this author write!
I especially enjoyed the second book about Jack and Lowry and our MC Will is one of the secondary characters. He deserved his own book.

Although I did think the storyline was a bit like in the last book I thoroughly enjoyed it. At first dr Angel T
Shana
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was a tough one for me to rate and review. I didn't necessarily dislike it, but I also didn't love the book as much as I had hoped. The storyline sounded great and the author didn't disappoint. I did like the build up. What I missed was a connection with the characters. I tried, I really did, but I just didn't feel it. Which is too bad because I did enjoy the author's writing style. After a while I found myself skipping pages...and that's never a good thing.

Still, I think that people
Kim Vanravenswaay
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was unable to put this book down. And the ending left me saying "what the Hell". From beginning to end, Hard to Protect, will leave you on the edge of your seat.
Books and Spoons
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A dark, danger filler, gritty tale filled with unexpected plot twists and intriguing characters in the darkest shadows of the British intelligence. With the authors unique and original voice the story takes noir tendencies while telling the tale of the ultimate betrayal in the world filled with deceit and lies, where finding love and living fulfilling life meant finding another profession and learning to live with the number of kills on your name.
This story took me for an unforgettable ride, wi

• Sinful Secrets
  • Viable Threat (Outbreak Task Force, #1)
  • Willing Target
  • Bound to Serve (Dangerous Liaisons, #1)
  • In Walked Trouble (Under Covers, #2)
  • A Shot of Red
  • Locked, Loaded, & Lying
  • The Boss (Spies, Lies, & Alibis, #1)
  • Untrue Colors (True Lies, #1)
  • Make Me Up (Killer Style #3)
  • Ruby's Misadventures with Reality (Emerald City Mystery, #1)
  • Witness to Passion (Guarding Her Body, #1)
  • Sinfully Summer
  • Too Wilde to Tame (Wilde Security, #5)
  • The Right Side of Mr Wrong
  • The Bad Boy Next Door (Kendrick Place #2)
  • Guarding His Heart (Half Moon Bay #3)
  • Confessions of a Chalet Girl (Ski Season, #1)
It took a swan dive from a roof to convince Incy (aged 5) she wasn’t an avenging fairy and that no, she most certainly couldn’t fly. Bruised but undefeated she retreated deeper into her make-believe world populated with the brave and the poisonous.

When not fighting injustice and righting wrongs on ‘Planet Incy’, she works as a Marketing Director. (Unfortunately, her law degree languishes unused,

Black Ops Heros (3 books)
  • Hard to Hold (Black Ops Heros #1)
  • Hard to Forget (Black Ops Heros #2)
“Saying sorry does not get you a free pass to behave like a dick.” 2 likes