Start by marking “Right in Front of You” as Want to Read:

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  123 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
Carter Clark

I had it all figured out: a gorgeous girlfriend, a baby on the way, and a firefighter career I always dreamed of. Life was perfect… until piece by piece, it all fell apart, and I lost my will to live.

Molly Fowler, my best friend from grade school, had saved my life countless times. She helped me heal. At my side when I needed her, she guided me to be a better m

To ask other readers questions about Right in Front of You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Right in Front of You

Nadine
Apr 22, 2017 added it
Shelves: n-a, dnf
No rating for this one.
Usually, I don't finish a book when I hate the story, the characters or the writing. It's as simple as that. With this one it's more complicated.

The writing is good, the characters are likable and the story is not bad. But this might be the most depressing book I've read in ages. I like angst, I really do, but I couldn't get over all the shit that happens to these poor souls.

I read to entertain myself. To experience a world different from my one.
I so so so hate the world
Jean
May 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
I was looking forward to reading this book. I love the childhood friends becoming soulmates story line. Looks like I am in the minority here but this book just didn't do it for me. First off, the timeline was so confusing. A couple of times I had to go back and check to see how much time went by because it just didn't seem right.

Carter Clark and Molly Fowler grew up together in a small town and become childhood friends. At age 10, you can already see Carter's attraction to Molly but she puts hi
Kim
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rain always doesn't make us depressed sometimes it makes us feel things inside .. happy things or places we want to go and be. When you are hiding tragic events that happen in our life sometimes your best friend will pick up that whether it happened years ago or still happening.

Molly thought that if she got out of her hometown maybe she could stop what was happening. If she helped others like a nurse or a doctor helping people would also help her.

But when her best friend Carter looses what he th
Ayekah
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Clark and Molly. Puddle jumping, rainy day friends since grade school. This book chronicles their growing up years. This book tandems Nick and Joelle's story. I felt like this can stand alone. Mainly because it does stand alone.

You read the blurb, you get the gist of where the story is and headed is essence. Early in the book we get dual POV's by age. I enjoyed that aspect of the book. I enjoyed Molly's way of looking at things especially the rain while hiding her abusive hellish life at home. M
Heather Pollock
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
QueenZany 4 Star Review

Lacey Silks

Such a breathtaking story of two lost and broken souls! The struggles that Carter and Molly had to endure. Just find their way back to each other! bring out the raw emotions in us all!

Simply a compelling and raw read!
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest opinion

After reading Yours and Mine and getting to know the characters in Hope Bay and experiencing the heart wrenching pain that Carter suffers losing his fiance and unborn child, I couldn't wait to dive back into this fictional world and read the happy ever after that Lacey creates for this hero in Right In Front Of You. Little did I know that she was going to rock my emotional foundation once again when letting us see the world through both Carter a
June
Oct 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed, romance
I read this a while ago, but I remember the plot was bad.
For example, (view spoiler) It seemed somewhat serious, but then, it had no effect on the plot. The incident changed neither their relationship(s) nor their feelings. I honestly didn't get the purpose of the scene except creating unnecessary drama.

Also, there was (view spoiler)
Kristie Flynn
Story was very confusing

This book was hard to follow and so many things mentioned were never explained. I didn’t like the way it jumped years ahead, but then mentioned things that happened between those years that were never explored.

Spoilers ahead....

How when they were 16 was he making out with Daisy and being rejected, then at 18 mourning her and his unborn babies death. Which happened in a tornado that you didn’t hear about until long after you found out she died.

Also you think Nick died on
Amy  Crull
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This a beautiful friends to lovers romance book. We meet Carter and Molly as cute 8 year old kids. They were always together, whether it be jumping in puddles or getting Ice cream together, they were inseparable. Carter didn't know the full effect he was having on Molly until later on. He helped her thru some bad times. He knew her home life was rocky but didn't know how bad. Molly was one determined little girl but was holding onto a horrible secret. She knew she wanted to get out of town and e ...more
Jessica Wannamaker
Trigger Warning** this is a hard, emotional, tragedy with a happy beautiful ending. It’s not for everyone.

This book I think needs to be broken up into two pieces. The parts of what Molly and Carter go through outside of their relationship and the parts within their relationship.

Their relationship is beautiful, romantic, loving, healing and amazing. They belong together. It’s full of chemistry, faith, heart, steam, and I loved their parts so much. Their story is worth reading this book.

Outside
Mary Mooney
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Molly Fowler and Carter Clark a long time childhood friends. At the tender age of 10, he asked her on a date and she told he she could not possible go on a date. That they could be friends forever, she could never date, her father wouldn't allow it. So Carter accepted that and they grew into close friends. Whenever thinks go wrong in Molly's life, it seems that Carter is always there to keep her secrets. When Carter faces tragedy, Molly is there for him.
After years of each of them going through
Michael Hobson
A good story struggling to get through.

There is a good story in here, even if the authors seem to believe the main characters have to have terrible histories to make us like them. Honestly the story would work without the bad histories, and Molly's is most definitely beyond bad.
However, the main problem with the book is the writing style which is very disjointed. I don't mean the initial chapters detailing the main characters childhoods together. No, I mean the chapters where we are dropped into
Kathryn  CLiK Book Blog
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Right in Front of You by Lacey Silks

This book was reviewed by Kathryn Dee for CLiK Book Blog.

A beautifully written young love story, with characters you can't help but love.

Carter Clark had it all.... life was going exactly the way it should until it all went belly up and fell apart.

Enter Carters best friend Molly Fowler, the girl who seemed to be living the sweet life, but only to the outside world and even to Carter. Molly's life was anything but sweet but together they were the balm to heal
Ofosua Darko
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this book. Could not stop reading it. This story takes you on an emotional and thrilling journey, that broads on the value of friendships and soulmates.
Meet Molly & Carter. They have been best of friends since childhood. They have both yearn for more from the other, especially Carter but Molly has always adamant. She's always wanted to move away from her hometown due to some circumstance.
Even though she did never wants to come back. Shes always been there for Carter so m
Tami czenkus
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book and get so enthralled with it, you feel that it's YOU actually experiencing everything that is happening within the pages???
Lacey Silks ripped out my heart SOOO many times while reading this story, she sucks you in and keeps you there until the very end!
Right in Front of You is a story of pain, second chances and learning to live without fear.
I was on the edge of my seat from the very first page. I didn't know what the story was about due to reading this story blind,
Toni
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Molly had grew up with Carter all her life both had admiration for each other and loved each other as friends. As years went by both had suffered trauma, Molly at the hands of her father for years. Its not until Carter suffers a trauma himself and his friend Molly is there to help him through that they both eventually start to have feelings for each other that grow more and more. This is a captivating, heartwarming read.
Judy
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Carter and Molly have been friends forever and Molly keeps telling him they can only be "friends". They have been through so much together. It was emotional feeling what they went through and Molly and her dad. I hated him from the beginning.
Mbafan
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh that tiresome wait for the first kiss 💋and the it-almost-happened moments from d me why I never read romance stories. It was nice reading this after a mi!lion years. Good writing, great
twist and a relatable story.
Michelle
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was beautifully written and I thoroughly enjoyed it , it was sad and romantic and you gotta love a hea !! 💕💜💕
Nicole
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a really sweet read by Lacey Silks. This is a sort of spin-off for two of her characters in Yours and Mine, Carter and Molly. I LOVED reading about the early years between these two characters and how their relationship progressed throughout the years. An awkward Carter to a manly Carter was an awesome progression. I, also, enjoyed watching Molly come into her strength.
This was a great read and I can't wait to read more by this author.
Isabella Bazz

Right In Front of you
(Friends to Lovers)
I enjoyed reading Molly and Carters journey, this is part of a series where you encounter the characters (Jo, Nic and Mac
2kasmom
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Friends To Lovers series continues with another epic love story about best friends who must go through the fire to find what burns in their hearts. A truly impressive story about love, loss, and strength.

The gang is back in this second installment about pain, growth, and real friendship. Carter, Molly, and the rest teach us what love is all about. This book being Carter & Molly's story.

Molly has always wanted to be a doctor. Carter only wishes to be a fireman. When tragedy strikes, can the f
Terry
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Carter and Molly have been best friends since they were children. While Carter's family was loving and supportive, Molly was sexually abused by her father and couldn't wait to get away from her family. When they were finished high school, Molly went away to college to become a doctor and Carter married Daisy and was soon to be a father. But Daisy and his unborn child were killed in a tornado. Molly helps Carter through his grief and he begins to fall in love with her. But after the years of abus ...more
Carolyn's
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
LOVED this tearjerker story of Molly and Carter.

First of all, we meet Molly and Carter in Yours and Mine which is Nick and Jo's story. I loved them in that book, but whatever more than love is- that's what I think of Molly and Carter in Right in Front of You.

You have no idea what Molly is going through in her home life and, honestly, you probably don't want to know. Molly wants out of Hope Bay quicker than quick. She hates her life there and mostly hates her drunk father. Knowing she is going t
Maria "Rosie" Poli
I will start by saying that I love everything by Lacey Silks. The women characters are strong despite their circumstances. They are fighters; fighting to come out on the other side. The man is strong and gentle. Good man and bad boy. Most of all loving and fiercely protective of the women in their lives. Her stories always have a twist of suspense and mystery, which always make for a nail biting experience.

Carter & Molly grew up together and had a special bond; he was her protector and best
Diana McVicker
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
About a young couple who grew up with a group of friends and the paths they take in life!! I highly recommend this book! Many twists and will leave you emotionally drained.
poppy
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read,i just loved Molly and Carter and could not help routing for them.This is a heartbreaking read left me a sobbing mess and i just loved it would recommend to all just don't forget the hanky.
Bloggers From Down Under
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

This is the first novel that I have ever read from this author, so I had no idea what to expect.
What I got was a beautifully written, breathtaking read that gripped my heart and soul.

We meet Carter and Molly.
They have known each other since they were eight years old.
Best friends they did everything together growing up.
They had the same circle of friends.
They did what normal kids do.....Jump in puddles, dance in the rain.
Their friendship was per
JEnn
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a really nice spin off of Yours and Mine. I didn't even realize the connection until the very end of the book though so it does work as a standalone. Molly is a fantastic strong lady and, as with Yours and Mine, I liked the dynamics between Carter and Mac. There were a few spots where I was confused with timing but overall this didn't affect the read.
Jeannie
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arc, kindle, rev-team
This book is a very different from the other books that I've read by Lacey Silks. It's very emotional, sorrowful, about friendships, about pain, about being strong and brave, about love. Definitely one of the most impactful stories I've read from this author as well.

The story starts from when they were young kids, being carefree and jumping into rain puddles. You can read their playfulness, their innocence, the trust and their bond. The story continues on at the different age intervals and while
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
USA Today Bestselling Author Lacey Silks writes erotic and contemporary romances with a touch of suspense. She’s a happily married wife with two kids who uses her husband to test out the more intimate scenes for her writing – he said he doesn’t mind it at all.
Lacey likes to make her readers blush. She judges men by the size of their feet and loves sexy lingerie though her favorite piece of clothi