Start by marking “Delicate Scars” as Want to Read:
Delicate Scars

Delicate Scars

Is it possible to pick that one defining moment in life that fucked you up? Can anyone look back on their life and pinpoint the exact minute it happened? I used to believe that I wasn’t fucked up. I had absolutely no reason to be.

Until I met him.
Axel Rye.
He fucked me up.
He really fucked me up.

It all started so simply. I only wanted to write a book about the dark, gritt
ebook
Published March 7th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Delicate Scars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delicate Scars

Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Feb 21, 2017 Charlie ✰ WLTB Blog ✰ rated it it was amazing

This is the first book I’ve read by this Author and will not be my last,
I enjoyed the story it was a page turner for me, I really loved the characters and Axel was so nice.
Quinn only wants to write a book about only wanted to write a book about the dark, gritty world of nightclubs, booze, drugs, and sex. And Axel is the perfect person to use for her book.…
She becomes weak, Axel makes her that way he is so wrong for her but yet they are good together. She didn’t expect to get sucked int
Cindy
Mar 06, 2017 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Delicate Scars is another great hit from USA today best selling author Alta Hensley. I absolutely ADORE this author. Her writing style, how she's able to bring out all the feels and emotions, like breaking my heart, yet piecing it together again.

Delicate Scars is a beautiful love story. While their is some drug use, it's not just focused on it. It truly touched me. I felt drawn to the characters and fell in love with them. This book is a whirlwind of emotions, from emotional turmoil to hot, ste
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Mar 07, 2017 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by this author but it certainly won't be the last as I really loved this story.

After reading a few heavy books this was a lovely refreshing surprise for me. It gave me all the warm feels that I needed. It's a gripping read that had me reading a few pages anytime I could on my kindle app. When I wasn't reading it I was thinking about it.

Quinn and Axel are two wonderful characters. So different yet so good together. Quinn gets a job in a nightclub. She wants to g
Carlene(Inspired)
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Quinn wants to write a novel, but not just any novel, she wants to write about the world of sex, drugs, and partying, a world she's never been a part of. She makes massive life changes, relocating and taking on a job as a bartender, as well as finding herself in a relationship with the IT bad boy himself, Axel Rye. Together they find a relationship they never expected, but Quinn's secrets inevitably will tear them apart.

The first half of the novel h
Kristina
Mar 14, 2017 Kristina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quinn -
"I wasn’t f***ed up…
Until I met him.
Axel Rye.
He f***ed me up.
He really f***ed me up."

So, this is how the story begins, and it's extremely misleading.
Axel is actually the one looking to tone down his lifestyle, while Quinn is the one trying to learn more about it, diving in headlong all on her own.
Although a drug dealer, Axel never pushes drugs on Quinn. In fact, after telling her he likes the fact she's not like the rest of the users and junkies he's surrounded by, Quinn makes
~lil maso~
Feb 28, 2017 ~lil maso~ rated it it was ok
Quinns's a writer who's writing a book about the dark side of life, nightclubs, sex and drugs. She meets infamous drug dealer Axel and becomes sucked into his world.

After reading this book, I reread the blurb and I have to say I expected more. I expected it to be more seedy, Axel to be more broken and scarred.

When she talks about being fucked up by him I felt that was really tamed.

This wasn't a bad read, it had the potential to be a great read but unfortunately fell very flat for me.

*ARC rece
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Mar 07, 2017 Book Loving Fairy-Blog rated it really liked it
I had the pleasure of reading Delicate Scars in an ARC in exchanged for a honest review.

I am giving this book 4 stars because the way the writer was able to keep you so enthralled in these two characters.

The way this author not only brought these two together, but how the same thing that brought them together could be the object that tears them apart. This was my first time reading a book by Alta Hensley, and it will not be my last book that I read of hers. What I loved most about this story w
Phyl
Feb 28, 2017 Phyl rated it it was ok
I expected more, when I read the blurb the story kinda tame to what the blurb says. The drug scenes, the sex club were all very tame read, I expected
a lot more.
Cheryl Whitty
This is reviewed on behalf of the Book Addict blog.
Quinn who has come Los Angeles to get material for the book she is writing on the darker side of life. Quinn has lived a very sheltered life so her friend gets her a job bartending in one of the popular night clubs.
As soon as she meets Axel its insta lust on both sides, and they become inseparable. Axel leads a life of crime, selling drugs to club goers. He gets paid to turn up at a club to make them popular. Everywhere Axel and Quinn go, all s
Louise Hallett
I enjoyed this story and would give it 3.5 stars. Whilst the hero and heroine are well written characters, I found it hard to like them and so this held me aloof from the story.

The story is mainly about Axel and Quinn's relationship and the fact that Quinn keeps a secret from him, with the inevitable consequences. So why the blurb talks about Axel 'f**king up' Quinn I don't know because excuse me but wasn't SHE was the one in the wrong and ultimately the cause of her own downfall? The story IS g
Mom Who Reads To Escape Reality
"Our relationship isn’t just delicate, it’s scarred"

This book is one roller coaster ride of sex, drugs, partying and the dark side that many of us have no idea about! The author did an excellent job with painting a picture of what goes on in the underbelly of the world.

Quinn Sullivan is looking to make a name for herself as a writer.Quinn wants to write a book about sex and drugs She is just waiting for the big break to happen while she bartends at a nightclub. The bartending job is to help her
Chasidy
Mar 07, 2017 Chasidy rated it it was amazing
Quinn, aspiring writer, has landed herself a job at one of LA’s hottest nightclubs, Wicked. Quinn, has put herself undercover to do research for a book she is in the process of writing. Her long time friend and editor, Harrison encouraged this adventure. She is totally out of her element here. High profile people, drugs, and beautiful people. What happens when she captures Axel Rye’s eye her first night at the club? Can she handle LA’s bad boy?

Axel Rye, LA’s bad boy, is paid to show up at restau
Kathleen R.
Mar 07, 2017 Kathleen R. rated it really liked it
Title: Delicate Scars
Author: Alta Hensley

4 unexpected stars

Alta Hensley - an author I hadn't read in the past before, but her novel, Delicate Scars, had me intrigued. Because of the subject - a woman, whose curiosity about what happens behind the closed doors of a club, the s€x, the drinking, the drugs and the people who go there. It's here that Quinn, a writer, meets Axel and her world is turned upside down in ways she never saw coming.

4 breath taking dreams

Considering what i'm used to r
E.M.
Mar 10, 2017 E.M. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Honestly confused by the high ratings

Either I am totally missing half my Kindle copy of Delicate Scars, or I am simply too mature for what I found to be a totally juvenile attempt at a novel. At first, I mistakenly thought this was a debut work, but upon finding out differently I was truly surprised. Judging by the high ratings, albeit by very few reviewers, I surmise her writing style is simply not for me. I can't really recommend this book to anyone interested in something with depth, characte
Sara
Mar 07, 2017 Sara rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

This is an interesting look at finding love in unexpected places.

Quinn is writing a book and in an attempt to research, she finds herself in a seedy underworld where she meets Axel, a drug dealer. Now, here’s the thing… Quinn has opened herself up so much, that she just seems to blindly accept the goings on and Axel. Axel is not what I expected him to be. He is caring and kind, but there was always this question of what would happen when he found out about what Quinn was hiding.

I liked
SH
Feb 27, 2017 SH rated it it was amazing
This is more than the classic good girl meets bad boy, much more! Quinn grabbed ahold of my heart strings right away and I kept cheering her on and scolding her at other times when she wasn't making the best of choices, ahem. Axel is smoking hot, hey, really... who doesn't love a bad boy who is a sexy alpha male who has walls up but is surprisingly caring? Not your typical romance but it doesn't mean it's not hot as all get out. I cheered until the end and then I had a big smile on my face. No s ...more
Kathy West
Mar 09, 2017 Kathy West rated it really liked it
Delicate Scars by Alta Hensley
4/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

For readers 18+

This book was a gritty, sexy romance with love, tears, and lies.

You have Quinn: Quinn grew up with a normal life. Her sister recently died and she decided to move to LA for a while to work on a book she was writing about the seedy life of nightclubs.
You have Axel: Alex is the son of a famous singer, a playboy, and he just also happens to be a drug dealer.

"Until I met him. Axel Rye. Yes. He fucked me up. He really fucked me up."

From the mome
Janine - The world was hers for the reading
“Our relationship isn’t just delicate, it’s scarred!”

Quinn Sullivan was out to make a name for herself as a writer . . . her chosen topic is the dark culture of drugs, booze and sex found at the nightclub scene. Because this world is polar opposite of how she grew up, Quinn takes a job bar tending at a trendy club hoping to have some one on one experiences with the members . . .especially Axel Rye, king of the nightclub party, supplier and all around playboy.

Axel Rye seems to be living the high
Downward dog
Mar 23, 2017 Downward dog rated it really liked it
Shelves: writer
This is a dark story about an innocent woman writing a book about a world she is unfamiliar with. While researching her book she meets Axel, a man who supplies drugs to party goers at all the hottest clubs. Even though they are total opposites and come from different worlds, they fall in love.
Candice Shaffer
Mar 07, 2017 Candice Shaffer rated it liked it
3.5 stars this book was a decent read but it needed more depth to the story
Ketrina Wheeler
Mar 13, 2017 Ketrina Wheeler rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. My only complaint would be that the ending felt rushed.
Ana Rita
Mar 07, 2017 Ana Rita rated it really liked it
What to expect from a new author and a new book without freaking out? Because I was having so many questions that I thought I was going to be insane. Lol
Will I like it? Will a feel overwhelmed? Will the reading flow smoothly? Like I said, to many questions...
Alta Hensley has a brutal writing full of feelings , emotions and so much more. Her writing is simple but pretty much detailed.
Delicate Scars talks about Quinn and Axel.
Quinn has a good childhood, loving parents that did everything possib
Lori Shankle
Mar 16, 2017 Lori Shankle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous book. The story line kept a steady flow so you find yourself unable to put it down. A very emotional roller coaster ride between right and wrong and dark and light. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves a HEA and seeing light win over darkness.

I received a free copy of this book and volunteered to review it
Michelle
Mar 11, 2017 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc
When Axel met Quinn he felt an instant attraction to her. The chemistry between these two was crazy hot. When I read the blurb I thought this was going to be a dark gritty read. This is my first book by this author and I was expecting it to be even darker but it wasn't too deep. I liked that we went on a journey with Quinn through the world of drugs, night clubs and partying. The story takes you through so many emotions. This was a great book I just wish it had more grit and dirt to it. I do lov ...more
C.  (Christy)
Mar 15, 2017 C. (Christy) rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Delicate Scars is the story of good girl Quinn, who is researching club life in LA for a new book, and Axel, the bad boy son of a rock star. It was a well-written novel that drew me in and held my attention; however, at times, I found it difficult to identify with the characters and some of the choices they made, especially their casual use of drugs. That said, Alta Hensley’s skill at storytelling kept me turning pages, and I look forward to reading more from this author in the future. For fans ...more
Konny
Feb 21, 2017 Konny rated it really liked it
Quinn Sullivan leads a sheltered life, is an upcoming author and works as bartender. At this job she does research for her book.
Until she meets Axel Rye, playboy, drug dealer and addict. Hes a famous trust fund baby.
They bump into each other and have this insta-chemistry.
I will not(much) spoiler here, only so much: she hands her v-card over.
They are happy, the sex is scorching.
There is drama, love and hurt feelings. The s++t hit the fan.
But in the end they get their well-deserved HEA.

Favorite Q
Jess~Two Darlin' Dolls & a Book Review
I received an ARC of Delicate Scars
by Alta Hensley in exchange for a honest review
~Two Darlin' Dolls and a Book Review

Delicate scars is seductive but surprisingly sweet pulling at your heartstrings romance. Making me swoon, excited, sad, and feeling anguished. My first introduction from this author and she made a strong impression. The story moved me and gave me good vibes. Alta constructs a beautiful story in a writing style that flows easy.

We meet our two characters Quinn, a writer who's wr
Sarah Dale
Mar 10, 2017 Sarah Dale rated it really liked it
I love Alta Hensley's writing style she certainly knows how to bring out your emotions and feel everything, she manages to break your heart and then she pieces it back together.

Delicate Scars is a beautiful love story with 2 beautiful characters that you can't help fall in love with Axel and Quinn. Whilst it has some angst, betrayal, heartbreak, love and mixed in with some hot and steamy chemistry that had my kindle smoking, it's the perfect recipe for a book you will not be able to put down.

⭐I
Destiny Bridwell
Mar 06, 2017 Destiny Bridwell rated it really liked it

I got this as an ARC for my honest opinion and review. I have not read anything by Alta Hensley before. I read the blurb about this books and it makes a strong statement about what this book is about. I was not sure of Quinn at first. The writer who wants to write about the dark side of club life in LA. That is how she meets Axel Rye who is a criminal and Drug Dealer, but there is more to him just as there is more to Quinn. Will Axel find out what Quinn is up and will it bring what that have bui
Sara
Mar 04, 2017 Sara rated it really liked it
Delicate Scars by Alta Hensley a delicate and desirable four star read. This is the first book by Alta Hensley I have read and it won’t be the last, this book is for over 18s only as does contain scenes of a sexual nature and some scenes of a BDSM nature.
When we meet Quinn Sullivan she is a barmaid, and she is also a writer. Generally writing for several different magazines, some freelance gigs but her dream is to write a novel, and that’s why she is working as a barmaid in the nightclub underc
« previous 1 3 next »

Alta Hensley is a USA TODAY bestselling erotic romance author who has had #1 top-selling books in dark, contemporary, BDSM, erotic science fiction, humor, suspense and historical. She writes the hot, dark, and dirty romance.

Being a multi-published author in the romance genre, Alta is known for her dark, gritty alpha heroes, sometimes sweet love stories, hot eroticism, and engaging tales of the con
More about Alta Hensley...