Start by marking “Scattered Plume (Fallen Flame, #2)” as Want to Read:
Scattered Plume (Fallen Flame, #2)

Scattered Plume

(Fallen Flame #2)

In the wake of death and betrayal, Vala flees the island of Garlin with Xavyn in search of the truth about her identity.
To find the answers they seek, they must first cross The Divide—a mass of cloud and fog that has separated human lands from the rest of the world for hundreds of years. As they pass through what is meant to kill all who draw near, a surge of magic emerge
Published September 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Scattered Plume, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scattered Plume

Sophie Elaina
Scattered Plume picks up shortly after the ending of Fallen Flame. Even though I hadn't read the first book for over a year and I had forgotten about some things that happened in that book, primarily the ending where Vala and Xavyn flee the Island of Garlin, I found that after reading the first couple of pages of this book, all the action came flooding back. The author did a great job diving back into the story in a way that made it easy to fall back into. So much so, that I'm pretty sure that i ...more
Luupi "The Reading Queen"
4.5 stars If you haven't read Fallen Flame yet, I think you definitely should!

Now, it's been a year since I read the first book in this series so I had to read my review (https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...) to remember what relationship some characters had with the main character, Vala, but after that everything went smoothly.

One thing that really stood with me, as the first book did too, was the dedicatory: "To those unsure, the watchers, the self-doubters, take the chance, despite the fe
J.M. Miller
Sep 09, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Picture
Character Illustration by Gabriella Bujdosó

Available on Amazon and in Kindle Unlimited!
Fallen Flame - Book 1
Scattered Plume - Now Available!

Map design by Tiphs
Victoria Rose
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, fantasy
This ARC was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

I really enjoyed Fallen Flame when I read it last year. It was a fun YA fantasy novel that, despite some of the usual YA fantasy tropes, crafted a nice murder mystery in an interesting setting with an unusual heroine with charcoal-y skin.

Unfortunately, I have to say I was left disappointed with its follow-up, Scattered Plume. At first, I put it down to my having forgotten much of the plot of the last book when I was reading thi
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
“Though I feel...I feel so much more, so much closer to you beyond even that. Closer than perhaps I should because of who I am, things I’ve done. Maybe I’m being brash and self-serving, but with everything that could happen, might happen...I know denying it will only lead to a much worse punishment of regret.”
***

This story was absolutely amazing and the words spoken were incredibly breathtaking. It sent my emotions into tail spins and feels into summersaults. I honestly cannot put into words e
Bookish_Sally
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goddesses! I thoroughly enjoyed reading Scattered Plume. I loved the descriptions of the characters and marveled at how amazing this world is. I loved catching up with X and Vala from Book 1 and meeting new characters. My favorite characters were Esenna, Raphim and VEX. I’m excited about the ending of this book. A couple of my favorite quotes are as follows:
“It’s far better to fall in love with yourself and perfect what’s uniquely yours than to be miserable your entire life obsessing over
Hetal
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC received by the author
The second installment of Fallen Flame was just as much of a wirlwind as book 1. In Fallen flame we met Vala, an emotionally and physically abused guard with a serious case of Stockholm Syndrome. We learn about her growing bond with Haidee and her tumultuous feelings for the prince and Xavyn.

WELL THROW ALL THAT AWAY BECAUSE SCATTERED PLUME IS NOT THAT. While the ending of FF provides pivotal information in regards to the plot of SP, the rest is water under the bridge,
Megan | A Page to Turn
Once again I am blown away by a sequel that's not even really a sequel - yes, it's the second book in the series technically, but it reads so much like a standalone! This is an incredible universe that JM Miller has created - so many aspects and little details that many people wouldn't even think of. Her setting descriptions are ON POINT in this story, I was instantly able to imagine what this world might look like, then I got a glimpse of her world map for this story, and it matched what I imag ...more
Spunky N Sassy
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was awesome. It was full of surprises and I couldn’t wait to read what was going to happen next.
Izabelle
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I didn't have time to reread Fallen Flame before jumping into Scattered Plume, but it all came back to me, as I was gradually reading. It's so different from FF, much more complex and quite the twists and turns I didn't see coming.

The story picks up where it was left off in book one - Vala and Xavyn are off on their own journey. Xavyn is taking Vala to the magical world - so to say - away from the human world. There, she meets all kinds of creatures and learns new things. Both about magic and ab
beautyguise
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First off let's talk about this cover? Let's see a show of hands who needs this in their physical collection!

Secondly, I could not put this down! Which I had no doubt about after reading Fallen Flame. Which I had the same reaction too. From the very beginning I was hooked. Vala is such a great character and then you add Xavyn to the mix. I've enjoyed seeing the growth in her, especially from the last book to this one!

This is a fresh new story and that is hard to come by at this point in time.
Shannon
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was provided an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this. I loved the previous book Fallen Flame. This is no different, though I could have used a reread of Fallen Flame prior to reading this. It has been quite a while and while I remember the basics, I had forgotten a lot of the details. I quickly caught up, and found myself back on track with Vala and Xavyn as they try to unravel the mystery that is Vala’s existence.

I really like the mythology aspect of this
Cassie James
description

I received an ARC of this book and it doesn't influence my opinion on it in any way.

Scattered Plume is a book I've been waiting for for a LONG time!!! J.M. Miller certainly kept me waiting for this one and it did not disappoint.
Fallen Flame was one of my favorite Indie Young Adult Fantasy books when it came out and Vala a very intriguing fresh character.
Her story continues with Scattered Plume with new surprising twists, ingenuous turns and impeccable storytelling.
Her journey with Xavyn yields
Shelley
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, oh no, what the heck, *sniff, sniff*, all various reactions that were commonly heard by my family as I read this story. I knew after Fallen Flame, this was going to be an outstanding series, and I was definitely right about that! I don’t do spoilers so I’m just going to say; when FF ended I was a bit shocked to discover Vala was a reincarnation of Alesrah. She does not magically become Alesrah as she was before, Vala struggles through having no goddess memories and a new land where she is ...more
Linda Romer
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviews
Loved it! What an epic fantasy, I loved both books in the Fallen Flame series and can't wait for #3. If you love epic fantasy then this series is for you. So exciting, fresh and awesome. Great characters with lots of heart and enthusiasm. Love, love, love Vala and also Esenna. A great ending and a well written adventure.

I give Scattered Plume 5 stars for its epic adventure.
I would recommend this book to Fantasy Fans.
Haley
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was soooooo good. It was one thousand times better than the first book. It is extremely wonderful world building. I loved how she incorporated each race especially the mer. Also, the love story is completely heartfelt and compelling. I can't wait to see what the next one has in store. People who love throne of glass will love it.
Amy Malek concepcion
4.5 Stars.

I haven’t read a good fantasy In a while but his series just keeps getting better. I was so excited to get back into this world with Vala and Xavyn. They cross the Divide and suddenly Vala realizes her return has some unexpected consequences, both good and bad. I was happy to join Vala on the explanation of her true home and meet so many new characters. Of course there were some great twists along the way. I’m anxiously awaiting book three.
Stacy
Dec 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I gave it 2.5

I really enjoyed FALLEN FLAME, but SCATTERED PLUME didn't do much for me.

I found quite a bit of things to be confusing. I'm not sure if it was because I didn't remember everything that happened in FALLEN FLAME or if there just wasn't enough explaining. I'm leaning towards not enough explaining between info dumps and new character introductions.

I wasn't that into the romance of SCATTERED PLUME. I didn't feel their connection or really care if they ended up together or not. I just was
Melanie Sears
I really liked the first book in this series. This book (#2) was a disappointment. I thought the characters were not well developed and there was not enough action and uniqueness to keep my attention.
Dina
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so loving Vala and Xavyn's journey and the world that the author has created in her series!

Can not wait to read more from this author!
Melanie
Shannon
Oct 26, 2018
Chloe Bailey
Oct 08, 2018
J.M. Miller currently consumes her coffee in Florida. When she isn't distracted by social media sites, she writes Young Adult and New Adult novels that vary in genre.
Aside from spending time with her family, she loves to travel and will jump at the chance to go anywhere, whenever life allows.

Fallen Flame (3 books)
  • Fallen Flame (Fallen Flame, #1)
  • Untitled (Fallen Flame, #3)