Start by marking “Penmort Castle (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #1)” as Want to Read:
Penmort Castle (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #1)

Penmort Castle

(Ghosts and Reincarnation #1)

This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN B004TMMR1U

Cash Fraser is planning revenge and to get it he needs the perfect woman. So he hires her. Abigail Butler has lost nearly everything in her life and she’s about to lose the home she loves.

Cash meets Abby, who is posing as a paid escort, and the minute he does he knows he’s willing to pay for more than Abby being his pre
Published February 2017 by Kristen Ashley (first published March 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Penmort Castle, please sign up.
Fanny Dupuis not although I do recommend you read the last one last.

Start your review of Penmort Castle (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #1)
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

The first thing you should know is PENMORT CASTLE by Kristen Ashley is PNR-lite.

So if you're purely a speculative fiction reader and need creatures on every other page to enjoy a book, you should probably just move along.

BUT. If you do occasionally read straight-up contemporary romance or romantic suspense--excellent palate cleansers both, in my humble opinion--you're good to go.

Maybe.

You see . . . Kristen Ashley (KA) isn't for everyone. Those of us (and we are LEGION) who love KA, really love her. Ma
Mo
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I started reading KA back in 2011 and have enjoyed most of her books. She is usually a 4 or 5 star read and never less than a 3. I put this one off for a while as I am not big into the whole "Ghosts and Reincarnations" element in books. I ended up really liking it.

“I don’t give a fuck about whatever fucking rul
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Just because a GIF of David Gandy can never be wrong, and as per my status while reading this book and all books in this series - regardless of any descriptions, the picture in my head is going to be David Gandy!

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Contemporary Paranormal Romance
Series : - First in the series. Although technically, they can be read as stand alone, as the main characters do not cross over, but some secondary characters do.
Writing - Third person Duaclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
★Book
Catarina
5 Haunted Stars.

The Penmort Castle is haunted. Everyone knows that a female ghost that once loved the Master of the Castle haunts it. And she only kills the woman the Master love, because well… she is a bad, psychotic and jealous ghost.
Cash, as the “bastard” and only son as the last heir is the rightful Master, but after his father died in suspicious conditions the title have gone to his uncle. Now, years later and with vengeance in his mind, Cash, a self-made multimillionaire wants what belongs to
Liz
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alpha-male-love
"Some folks believe. Some folks need to see to believe. Some folks need their loved ones hurled off the top of a castle by a spirit-bitch-from-hell to believe."

description

Penmort Castle is the first book in the Ghosts and Reincarnation Series. I originally read this book in 2014 and for some reason, at that time, I wasn't crazy about this book. Recently, I read a review of a friend that did a re-read of a book she wasn't that crazy about her first read to then turn around and fall in love with the book. At first, I t
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

Okay, where do I begin :) So you can read from the blurb that Cash hires Abby as an escort to get some revenge on his uncle. Abby isn't really an escort she just needs money because she's in way over her head and in debt trying to restore her grandmother's home so she can live there.

But Cash adds another proposition to their proposal that she can't turn down, it's a ton of money that will pay off everything and then some. So.... Abby goes a long with this even though she is terrified... at first any
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Alright, though a bit predictable. The characters Conner Ewan “Cash” Fraser (how old was he?) and Abigail Butler (38) was cute together. Cash was hot, smart and commanding, while Abby was adorable, kind and gives everyone love. To be honest though, the ghost story? I didn't feel it. It didn't feel like this book was a paranormal romance book, but it was still an alright read.
“Some folks believe. Some folds need to see to believe. Some folds need their loved ones hurled off the top of a castle by a spirit-bitch-from-h
Robin (Bridge Four)
Why? Cuz it is October and something haunty is required.

Also....cuz My Enabler Jessica and fellow KA lover Joanita said they would buddy read it with me.

3.5 Castle Chic Stars

Broken Characters, I totally love them and KA seems to love to write about them. Add in a murderous ghost in a castle, a curse and some funny side characters and you can see why I enjoyed this book so much.

The Premise:

Cash needs an uncomplicated arrangement with a woman to let his Uncle know he is not going to marry one of his Ste/>The/>3.5
Mei
May 16, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: no-books, paranormal
I don’t know why I have to write long review for books with which I have issues!!!??? Strange, no? *wink*

I have several pet peeves: food, wine and fashion in novels.
Sometimes when I read about a dinner date at an Italian restaurant, I keep rolling my eyes and sighing continuously. Maybe because I live in Italy and know what is eaten in a restaurant here…

You just don’t drink a merlot with a sole-fish alla mugnaia!!! It is just not done!!!

You don’t eat garlic bread with pasta!!! And, besides, I wouldn’t eat garlic on a date, if you know what
AJ
Warning! I am riding the post-KA high right now, so this is going to be a bit of a gush fest!

This book had me hooked immediately! It’s all the things that KA does so well – heart pounding, swoon-tastic romance, a touch of fantasy and a bit of the OTT hilarity that I so love in the Rock Chick series. Add in strong characters, including a kickass, gorgeous Alpha of course, and this book was pure WIN!

Cash and Abby meet when he hires her to be his pretend girlfriend for a mon
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: It seem like I'm actually similar in my GR friends for once! I had put this series off because of the whole "ghosts and reincarnation" aspect. I am a Kristen Ashley fan, but I wasn't too sure about going that far with her (and also since I haven't had much success with pnr in the past). But! After big success in the fantasy series, and especially The Golden Dynasty, I thought I needed to give it a try. I'm glad I did. The pnr aspect isn't too overwhelming, and I thought that it was/>Overall
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Penmort Castle is the first book in Kristen Ashley’s Ghosts and Reincarnation series, though the books are not related and can be read as standalone novels.

I really enjoyed this story, especially the fact that it actually was a ghost haunting Penmort Castle and not just someone trying to scare people away, as too many ‘ghost’ stories turn out to be. I thought the ending was sweet, poignant, and very healing, and Cash Frazer is your typical, demanding, super sexy Kristen Ashley male!

I’m loo
~ Becs ~
I did enjoy this one, much more than I anticipated, but I think having read virtually all of Kristen Ashley’s wonderful contemporary romances has somewhat diminished my ability to truly enjoy this style of haunted house story line from her.

Basic synopsis – Cash hires Abby to pose as his pretend lover to help deal with his inheritance issues with Penmort Castle, his ancestral seat. Abby is a widow and has lost her entire family in recent years, Cash is a serial monogamist. Their coming together and their
Karen
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS!!!! LOVED IT!!!!!

[image error]  photo 17ad5490-551a-4e49-acfb-9378ba0cbde1.jpg

I have yet to be disappointed by a Kristen Ashley book. Here is yet another example. Cash Fraser and Abigail Butler meet and the sparks fly as usual. This story is packed with romance, sexual tension, a stubborn alpha male and loads and drama!!! Abby is a widow suffering the loss of a once in a life-time love, finding herself in finIT!!!!!
[image
Stacey is Sassy
An Audio Review

Do you want to read something funny? Too bad if you didn't because I'm going to tell you anyways. When I was a kid, my best friend and I watched Cagney and Lacey, Charlie's Angels, T.J. Hooker and Hunter. I loved cop drama and dreamed of being a cop, having a sexy partner who always had my back and saved me from the low-lives. Now, in one of those shows (I can't for the life of me remember which one), my best friend and I watched in wide-eyed fascination as one of the female characters went undercover..
Stacie
Reread Review February 8, 2017

Well, that was a fun reread. Cash says the f word a lot and Abby is an idiot. Looking at my original review, I was a bit annoyed by a certain thing, but it didn't bother me much this time. I enjoyed this story and I like the characters. I think I'll continue with a reread of this series. Slowly. Happy reading!

Original Review April 2014

Well, this is another good read from KA. Let's face it all her books are good reads. Cash is just... what can you say. To/>Original
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Mar 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes solid character development with strong personalities
Shelves: ddg, nook-tbr, 4-5-stars
4.5 Stars

This was a really excellent read until about 75% of the way through the book. Up to this point I would have given it 10 Stars, if I could. Then, the story dropped off a bit.

This book is really better than you think it will be from the blurb. You think it is going to be filled with all things paranormal or supernatural, but it really isn't. It is a ghost story, or a haunted castle story, but this really isn't prevalent until about 75% of the book. It is primarily
Splage
I love the first 25% (getting to know the characters), next 25% there was a little lull, but still good, then it went crazy for me, not good crazy, ridiculous crazy. It just didn't work, the whole ghost, seances, bringing people back from the dead, it just felt really random. I felt the climax was a joke and chaotic. Take into account paranormal isn't my thing.

The only reason I stuck with it and didn't give up is because it was KA book and I really liked the main characters at the be
Emily
Cash Fraser believes he is making a deal with a professional escort, the plan is simple really all she has to do is pretend she is his girlfriend and be seen spending time with him. It all ends with a week at Penmort Castle and Cash gets his revenge. However he did not plan on Abigail Butler, she is stunningly beautiful and Cash quickly realizes there is a lot more to her than being an escort.

Abby figures going on a few dates and acting like Cash's girlfriend will be worth the money
Blacky *Romance Addict*
This was a strange read :S I actually had nothing against ghost, was looking forward to some eerie stuff in here, but I read it and don't really know what I got XD Cash and Abby were great, the stars go to them, but the story is kind of silly, especially the ending, the last 100 pages were packed with the "anti-ghost action", running here, running there, thrown around the room, being in mid air, some more ghosts, reunion with lost family, gaaah just too much of everything. Maybe KA spoiled me wi ...more
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
Another fantastic KA read!!! Loved this book, great H&h, quirky secondary characters and great storyline. I Don't know why held off reading this series!! I'm excited and looking forward to reading the rest of books in the series!!!

photo EC33D1EF-12B3-4939-82FE-67D22390184F_zps8qfeieb3.jpeg
Lyndy Ann ♫
I love Cash he is HOT, bossy and moody.

I love Abby she's nutty and funny and they are great together, I love their relationship.

Loved all the gang especially Mrs Truman she's hilarious the things she come's out with made me laugh out loud.

Penmort Castle has got everything you need for a great read romance, suspense, laughs and a few sad moments.

Can't wait to read the rest of this series Kristen Ashley NEVER disappoints.

The surname Beaumaris is also a village on the isl
Glamdring
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

"But you know,” she said softly, “you know something your young man doesn’t. You know that even these fights, that hurt so much they make you cry, are something to be cherished."

Another great book by KA!

I wasn't sure about what to expect with this series but I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by how KA has addressed this ghost story.

In fact, the story is centered on Cash and Abby relationship and the "supernatural" part of the story per se is relatively short and at least three quarters of th
CC
Absolutely one of my least favorite KA reads.

I hate books with beloved dead exes unless the MC clearly moves on. That was NOT the case here! Ben was thought of and mentioned so many times it was practically a triangle. Until his ghost actually became a character!

Just to make my point, Ben was referred to by name 175 times in the book. And that does not count all the references to her "husband". I felt sorry for he hero even though he was a bit of an insensitive jerk.

Anywho the dead
Raine
3rd time read and still love it!

This is my 3rd time reading this book and I still love the paranormal ghost story between Cash Fraser and Abby Butler. They meet when Abby agrees to be Cahs's pretend girlfriend while Cash attends his uncle's wedding anniversary party. I love how the story reveals the characters of Abby and Cash not to mention all the secondary characters who were equally interesting and amusing.
Vintage
One thing I do like about KA is she isn’t afraid to have an older heroine and she takes the time to explore her stories although I suspect sometimes it’s just so she can write more sex scenes.

The essential premise of this story is Pretty Woman on steroids, the setting: England. Enjoyable story but it’s hard to put aside the one glaring fact that the heroine is essentially a prostitute. When the H and h first meet he offers her $50,000 in sterling to play pretend girlfriend. When he sees h
Paige
I've said it pretty much every time I read a KA book, but this lady is awesome. She can write an alpha male and a strong sassy heroine like she was born to do it. This paranormal book was no different. I could tell that it was written a little earlier in her career but that didn't take away from the fact that it was great. Great banter. Great sexy times. Great tension. Great side characters. I can't wait to jump into the next it the series. This series (the only series I hadn't yet read at least ...more
Hershey
DNF AT 40%

This book was so bad...I can't even...
 B.E.Love
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Another re-read*
This is my first PR from Kristen Ashley and this just proves she can do no wrong when it comes to her writing. Mrs. Ashley always pulls me in and keeps me so wrapped up in her books I don't want them to end. If I wasn't madly in love with my husband I would find a mad scientist to transport me into one of her books so I could have one of her heroes to myself. Cash is yet another great hero, who I loved. Cash will soon be moving back into his deceased fathers castle but for

• The Outpost (Jamison Valley, #4)
  • The Best Thing
  • The Bitterroot Inn (Jamison Valley, #5)
  • The Candle Palace (Jamison Valley, #6)
  • Property Of
  • The Lucky Heart (Jamison Valley, #3)
  • The Clover Chapel (Jamison Valley, #2)
  • Tall, Dark & Heartless (Pyte/Sentinel, #3)
  • Luna and the Lie
  • Repeat
  • Lies
  • Tragic (Lark Cove, #3)
  • Tinsel (Lark Cove, #4)
  • Until December (Until Her/Him, #8)
  • Timid (Lark Cove, #2)
  • Bad Situation (The Montgomerys #1)
  • Until Joe (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Restoring Hope
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a

Ghosts and Reincarnation (5 books)
  • Sommersgate House (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #2)
  • Lacybourne Manor (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #3)
  • Fairytale Come Alive (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #4)
  • Lucky Stars (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #5)
“I want you so attached you can’t imagine a life without me. I don’t give a fuck if that’s selfish, that’s what I want because, Abby, you must know, I already can’t imagine life without you.” 15 likes
“I’m calling because that’s what women expect men to do. You expect us to call at least once a day, proving we’re capable of thinking of nothing but you when we’re not. We’re thinking of work.” 9 likes