Start by marking “Coming Home” as Want to Read:
Coming Home

Coming Home

Published February 7th 2017 by Beyond the Page

To ask other readers questions about Coming Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Home

Jen
3 Short but Sweet Stars

As much as I enjoyed Coming Home, there's not much to say about the reading experience itself. I have a soft spot for brother's best friend romances so when NetGalley offered this little gem for review, I snatched it up.

Did I enjoy it? You bet, but for the life of me I'm having a hard time remembering specifics, even after just a short time away from the story. I wasn't looking for Dostoyevsky but a little more originality might've been appreciated. I did find it a hot, s
Pam
3 insta-shortie stars

Coming Home is a quickie of a read, knowing what it was ahead of time got me to appreciate it for what it was and not expect too much out of it. It was a cute, second chances in life and love, and the feeling of coming home. It is INSTA-ness in it's finest, love, lust and everything in between. A jaded agent, and his best friends little sister, it's a decision that can't end well, a decision that shouldn't even begin... but the sassy woman in front of him, knows exactly what
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
3.5 STARS

I'm not normally a fan of novellas. I like a deep, complex storyline and I find that novellas rarely allow for enough time to truly develop the characters and the plot the way I need it in order to be fully invested.

But this novella was the full package.

Coming Home is a second chance romance of sorts, a forbidden 'brother's best friend' type of storyline that I thoroughly enjoyed from beginning to end. Tobias and Kansas are all right and all wrong for each other, but their chemistry,
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, novella
This is one of those filler books. It's a very quick read but had just enough heat to enjoy. Tobias is the tortured her who had come home to the woman he left behind, believing he isn't good enough. Kansas has been waiting for him to come back to her and quickly shows him she is his home. I'd like to see Kansas' brothers get their own book as well. They made an impact in the very short pages they were in. ARC provided by NetGalley.
Laurie
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle
“Tobias was a wild free spirit, but whether he understood it or not, he needed a place to come home to. He needed her.”

Coming Home is another re-release of NJ Walters, so I jumped on this one even though it’s a contemporary romance and not a paranormal. It’s also new to me, which was a pleasant surprise since I’ve read through a chunk of her backlist over the years.

I was a bit lost at first and had the feeling like I had been plopped down in the middle of a story rather than the beginning of on
Katrina Berry
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Coming Home by N.J. Walters is a sexy novella that packs a punch. While it may be short and sweet with a fair share of sizzling heat, it is complete and has no loose ends. Totally an enjoyable read!

Please note that an ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review of which this is both honest and completely voluntary.
CeeMarie
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a very quick novella. The cover is hot and the story is a quick and easy read with some sexy scenes. I think the story did try to put too much background for the characters for the size of the story. I expected more steam and less background based on the description and the cover.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the review copy in exchange for a honest review.
Tina
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Coming Home by N.J. Walters this is a short story. I felt like it was more of a snippet of these character's lives. I would like to some day read a longer story with them in it. Get more into their personalities.
Tobias is coming home. The past year and half have felt like a waist to him. He was off in the drug enforcement for the government but he never felt like he fit in or made a difference. For him the world is no longer a black and white place to live. The shades of gray are getting to him
C.J. Butcher
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Kansas Fielding and Tobias Slater had always been friends, so when the two indulged in a kiss out of simple curiosity, the depth of the passion they ignited caught them both by surprise, and left them with an insatiable hunger for more. But the next day Tobias was gone, disappearing into a secret life Kansas knew nothing about. Now, two years later—years Kansas has spent building a life and forgetting Tobias—he’s returned, disillusioned and uncertain of his future.

Despite the unanswered question
Meags
Feb 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Ugh.

So the cover is beautiful.

But this was not a novel. Or even a novella.

This was a very rough draft of an interesting story, that started near the very end of it. I wasn't invested in any of the characters, because all the backstory was filled in by a bunch of info dumps scattered throughout. The characterization, particularly for the heroine, was scattered and hard to follow, and honestly, not very well thought out. I mean, is she tough or not? Can she take care of herself or not? Is she sas
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Short and sexy.

Tobias is a burned out (almost former) DEA agent who has come home to deal with his late grandfather's estate. Kansas is the little sister of his two best friends. They have a past, as friends who shared one passionate kiss, but those feelings are ones that Tobias was never prepared to deal with. Perhaps it's why he walked away immediately after that kiss and she hasn't seen him since, well until now that is, over two years later. She's being hassled by some men who are upset with
Synergy Quest
Feb 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Good for what it is, but it's bite-size. The description says it's a novella, but it's more accurately a very short, short story. On the bright side the writing is good, characters well-defined, and the story flows easily.

SPOILER START

There are about 4 scenes total (the reunion, the sex, the morning after w/ the brothers making an appearance and finally I've always loved you-let's move in together).

SPOILER END

If you have a 30 minute train/subway commute, this is enough to keep your mind occupied
Alexa
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good for what it was - a novella in old school NJ Walters style - reminds me a lot of her Jamesville and Summersville Secrets series. Lots of heat, lovers lost reunion and second chance at romance.

Enjoyed!

I reviewed an ARC of this book.
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, reviewed
*This book was received via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

Now I am not normally a fan of novella - there is not normally enough meat to the story - but this one was a quick and easy read... a simple tale of lost love (or rather love that wasn't given a chance to start)

Kansas and Tobias are childhood friends - ones that have been afraid to risk what they have for what they could have. That is until one kiss caught them by surprise, leaving them with an insatiable hunger for more. But
Charidy
Feb 17, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a very short read. However, even though it was short it captured my attention right away and was very easy to get into. I wish the characters were a little more developed and it went deeper, but other than that it was good.
Tracie R
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
Coming Home is another fabulous read by Ms. Walters. Kansas & Tobias are great characters and give us a steamy, hot short romance to remember.
Karen Roma
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Coming Home is another short, steamy, read in one sitting novella from N.J. Walters. The characters are engaging, and the storyline was enjoyable. Maybe just a little too much background for such a short story; but as always, a truly entertaining read from this accomplished author.
Sarah McDerment
Feb 13, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
This review is going to end up a bit of a contradiction to itself. The thing I liked most about this book is also the thing that I didn't like about it. Strange, I know.

This being the length of the book. On one hand, I liked that it was short. Its the perfect space filler book since it only took me 30 minutes to read. It was a nice, easy to read, with a simple plot. The title says it all really, its about Tobias coming home and rekindling with his lost love. Then on the other hand, I
poppy
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a hot sexy read and i really enjoyed it loved the chemistry between Tobias and Kansas just wish it was a bit longer other than that its a really good read.
C bond
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
netgalley

a short complete good read. I liked.
P Leslie
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read a Review Copy of this book. All opinion stated are solely my own and no one else's*

Coming Home was a hot, sexy read with likeable yet realistic characters. This was a short story but it was steamy and passionate.
Heather andrews
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When it comes to Kansas, Tobias is a real caring man, “Kansas.” Tobias was by her side in a heartbeat. “Baby, don’t cry.” He banded his arms around her and held her until the onslaught of emotion subsided." I really liked this book, it wasn't N.J's normal paranormal book. It was a quick read and I fell in love with Tobias.
Tyesha Senter
Jill
Feb 26, 2017
Cheryl
Mar 03, 2017
Once upon a time N.J. had the idea that she would like to quit her job at the bookstore, sell everything she owned, leave her hometown, and write romance novels in a place where no one knew her. And she did. Two years later, she went back to the bookstore and her hometown and settled in for another seven years.

One day she gave notice at her job on a Friday morning. On Sunday afternoon, she receive