Start by marking “Partho, the Unconventional Investigator: The Mystery of the Missing Bags” as Want to Read:
Partho, the Unconventional Investigator: The Mystery of the Missing Bags

Partho, the Unconventional Investigator: The Mystery of the Missing Bags

Check out the trailer video at

Some sinister secret lay buried in the heart of the graveyard.

Partho is an interesting friend to have. His quirky personality and cache of newfangled gadgets make him a force to be reckoned in the crime solving world. A seemingly innocuous newspaper ad is the impetus for what will be his most unusual c
Published February 7th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Partho, the Unconventional Investigator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Partho, the Unconventional Investigator

Start your review of Partho, the Unconventional Investigator: The Mystery of the Missing Bags
Krystal
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This short book was an interesting mystery novel debut. It provided eccentric personalities, suspenseful situations, and high stakes galore, with Partho's inventions adding to its appeal!
Gina McKnight
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Author Mukerjee writes the ultimate suspense/mystery thriller. True to the title, Partho is truly an "unconventional investigator" with his array of gadgets and inventions. Eager and embroiled, Parthos isn't your typical investigator. However, his reasoning methods are smart and methodical. Filled with engaging characters, intriguing scenarios, and interesting places, "Partho" is a good read.
Cynthia Rodrigues
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full & Detailed review: https://cynthology.blogspot.com/2017/...

Partho, the Unconventional Investigator – The mystery of the missing bags was a sweet and charming story. The story is written in the first person of Dev, whose background closely resembles that of the author. Dev’s sister, Ria, is married to Partho.
The author puts in some interesting twists and turns, as the story picks up speed. What heightens the tension is the fact that one of the key characters has made a living well, and the
Bea
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Partho, the Unconventional Investigator is a sweet story and at the same time mysterious and interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and recommend it to others who enjoy mysteries. Apparently one of the main characters, Dev, looks for mysteries to solve and he teams up with Partho who is an inventor of all kinds of unique gadgets. The book is close enough to reality not to be considered sci fi, but some of the gadgets are definitely not the norm. The gadgets themselves added quite a bit of in ...more
Emmie
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I think of Partho and Dev, I think of Holmes and Watson. Partho is highly intelligent and in the beginning the reader would not associate him with crime investigation. But as the story unfolds throught the eyes of Dev, Partho shines, making ingenious deductions and solving the crime before the other members of the party even had a clue.

I really liked this book. A bit on the short side, but I hope there will be more of Partho to come.

I would recommend this book to all lovers of mystery suspe
J.D. DeHart
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Partho: The Unconventional Investigator contains the wit I hoped for when I read the title and synopsis. Author Rajib Muhkerjee delivers a wonderful mystery, full of suspense, that also delves into a sense of the mystical. I am by no means a mystery reader, with only a few titles from this genre occupying my self, but I do enjoy when authors use the genre of mystery and explore creatively. This book did that for me.

Written with a sense of wit, I recommend Partho to frequent readers of mystery, a
Cindy
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, 2017-netgalley
The Unconventional Investigator is the perfect description of the main character, Partho. I liked him and his unique ways of solving things. Many twists and turns that make you keep turning the pages to solve the mystery.

The author wrote an intriguing mystery that held my interest. His descriptive writing brings people and places to life in your mind. This was my first book by him and fairly short but very enjoyable. I look forward to more of the adventures of Partho and Dev.

* I was provided an
S.K. Gregory
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Partho and Dev are a crime solving duo similar to Holmes and Watson in this fast paced tale. Thriller/action fans will love it.
Ramon Ralu
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the very first pages you are invited into a world where almost anything is possible. As a reader you will find it difficult to predict what will happen next. With every page you turn, the suspense keeps on increasing and you will fall in love with the main character, an unconventional investigator named Partho. Things get even more complicated when a friend gets involved into a murder.
With a short limited time to solve the case, Partho and his team are trying hard to unravel the mystery wh
Bena Roberts
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Holmes meets Indian Detective!

The Good
If you are a fan of the Sherlock then you will enjoy this themed adventure. The story starts with a missing bag and the clever Partho. It continues to a world of Sapphires, lashings, drama, hypnosis and more beatings. With travel across the continents, this book has a great premise.

The Bad
The story like form of the book makes for a lot of telling. It flows well at first but in the middle, the over telling fails to capture the imagination. This made it a slow
Cristina Slusariuc
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even if at the first view Rajib Mukherjee’s book seems to be one of the typical mystery, thriller and suspense genre cases, I was pleasantly surprised by the manner in which the author managed to bring a significant dose of freshness to it, the book being hard to put down once started!

The puzzling crime plot is full of suspenseful and engaging twists that kept me breathless until the end of the book. But, what impressed me the most, was the main character, Partho as, the writer transposed very w
M.K. South
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
** 3.5 stars**

'Partho, the Unconventional Investigator: The mystery of the missing bags' is a nice debut at a cozy mystery. The plot is intricate and ambitious, if a bit slow moving for my taste. Reminds me of Sherlock Holmes, but with Indian flavor. I also thought that the latter could have been enhanced to the book's advantage by making people sound more local, in addition to ample incursions of local food, attires and locales. Finally, the suspense level could have also been pumped up by less
Angela
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A gentle unfolding murder mystery along the lines of Sherlock Holmes with a quaint Miss Marple type feel to it at times. Based in India the simple problem of some missing bags unravels into something much more complicated and sinister. As Parthos and his trusted band of investigators dig deeper they uncover a range of plot twists.
Julie Powell
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a short crime story with 'odd' characters and has an international feel.

There are secrets, murder, illness and deceit...who to trust? Character development could have been better, but they did fit the overall story.

It was well-written with a reasonable pace and it did have an unusual feel - certainly had 'world' influences.

Worth a look.
Jan 18, 2018
Lisa Valeri
Feb 20, 2018
Rajib Mukherjee
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nat Hensley
T.J. Burns
Sep 20, 2017
Gene Reams
Oct 11, 2017

• There Are Plenty More Dukes in the Sea (The Inheritance Clause #1)
  • The Duke of Ruin
  • To Dare a Duke (Girls Who Dare, #1)
  • My Sister's Intended (Serendipity #1)
Rajib Mukherjee is a dreamer. He works as a solution architect in the IT world, drawing inspiration from the authenticity of the dream world. He lives in a small town in Georgia with his wife and two kids. He was born in Kolkata (Eastern India), grew up in Hyderabad (Southern India), and married a Manipuri girl (North-Eastern India). As a result, he speaks four languages.
He had always been a dream